Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: Velvet Projects
The Maringo Restaurant project is born from the need to create a dynamic space that tries to escape from formalisms.
The restaurant is shown as an artificial landscape, whose elements, natural materials and noble, are static compositions, which simulate a constant movement.
Image Courtesy © Julio Gonzalez
- Architects: Velvet Projects
- Project: Maringo
- Location: Conil de la frontera, Cádiz, Spain
- Photography: Julio Gonzalez
- Project manager: José Ramon Losada
- Size: 110m2
- Date of completion: march, 2016
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
Article source: DENU & PARADON architecture
Les Haras de Strasbourg is a hotel and restaurant project unlike any other.
Composed of a the four-star hotel and Michelin 3-starred chef Marc Haeberlin’s first brasserie, Les Haras presents an original solution to the question many provincial cities are facing : how to redevelop and harness the potential of their architectural heritage.
Image Courtesy © Hélène Hilaire
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
Article source: OMA
Compared with the world’s other economically ascendant regions such as Asia and the Middle East, Latin America has a skyscraper deficit. Poised to harness the economic and symbolic potential of the Bicentennial, Mexico City will celebrate a historic moment with the emergence of a new skyscraper, the Torre Bicentenario. In an architectural age defined by the pursuit of expression at all costs, the Torre Bicentenario is building whose unique form is responsive rather than frivolous; a building whose form facilitates rather than complicates its use: the stacking of two pyramidal forms produces a building simultaneously familiar and unexpected, historic yet visionary.
Image Courtesy © OMA
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Torre Bicentenario
- Location: Mexico City
- Photography: Frans Parthesius
- Model: Vincent de Rijk
- Client: Grupo DANHOS
- Partner in charge: Rem Koolhaas
- Team: Shohei Shigematsu, Christin Svensson, Gabriela Bojalil, Noah Shepherd, Natalia Busch, Leonie Wenz, Jan Kroman, Leo Ferretto, Max Wittkopp, Jason Long, Margaret Arbanas, Jonah Gamblin, Amparo Casani, Jin Hong Jeon, Jane Mulvey, Michela Tonus, Matthew Seidel, Nobuki Ogasahara, Justin Huxol, David Jaubert, Mark Balzar, Charles Berman, James Davies, Jesse Seegers
- Site: Northeast corner of Chapultepec Park, adjacent to the interchange of two major highways
- Associate Architect: Laboratory of Architecture – Max Betancourt, Fernando Romero, Dolores Robles-Martinez
- Engineers: Arup – David Scott, Chris Carroll, Ricardo Pittella, Michael Willford, Bruce McKinlay, Julian Sutherland, Alistair Guthrie, Huseyin Darama, Yuvaraj Saravanan, Betsy Price, Keith Frankllin, Matt Clarke, Renee Mackay-Lyons
- Final concept design floor areas: BOMA gross area: 173,158.5m2; BOMA leasable area: 151,755.7m2; Mexico City leasable area: 150,528.1; BOMA usable area: 130,547.2 m2
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Article source: Lauren Shantall (PTY) Ltd
Piza e Vino, an Italian pizzeria, falls under the Doppio Zero Group founded by entrepreneurial partners, Paul Christie and Miki Milovanovic. The duo wanted to reinvigorate the Piza e Vino brand by creating a restaurant interior that was in line with the company’s newly refined logo that emphasises the “handmade” aspect of the traditional pizzas for which Piza e Vino is known.
Image Courtesy © Inhouse Brand Architects
Sunday, April 9th, 2017
Article source: pRchitect communications consultancy
The Watergarden Project located in Atasehir district of Istanbul, is a recreational center focusing only on gastronomy and entertainment. It is designed by the Dutch design firm, T Concept and the spatial organization as well as the interior design is undertaken by Gorkem Volkan Design Studio.
The main focal points are specialized for refreshments and recreational functions in the project, which has a balanced spatial organization in open, semi-open and closed spaces. There are various units in relation but different from each other, spreaded over a site of 165.000m2, and designed for various activities. The performance pool of covering an area of 5000m2 is aimed to be the project’s visual and functional center and different areas around the pool are designed to have different atmospheres related with the user profile. Additionally, the City Park, designed by DS Architecture, is an important part of the project that is surrounded by plants and trees and covers a 15.000m2 of land.
Image Courtesy © Gorkem Volkan Design Studio
- Architects: Gorkem Volkan Design Studio
- Project: WaterGarden
- Location: Atasehir, Istanbul, Turkey
- Interior: 165.000m2
- Project Date: 2015
- Construction Date: 2015-2016
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: Andrea Trebbi Architect
In Bologna, the restaurant Battibecco is surely more famous than the central lane where it is situated and from which it took name.
The restaurant opened in 1978 into a small location and immediately became famous for the excellent quality of its cooking.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Trebbi Architect
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: GASPARBONTA
10 years ago, I was at my third year at college. The girlfriend I had at the time, lived at Őrmező, so I had to take the bus no. 139 and get off in front of Don Pepe Menyecske to get to her.
There are very few better-known restaurant chains in Hungary nowadays like Don Pepe. The continued existence in the last 25 years made the brand well-known for the whole society. When I realized the actual gravity of the task to change a brand so recognized and widespread in any ways, I got scared. I got scared because our generation keeps building new brands, shape them to our liking, fine-tune it to our habits. Meanwhile, we have a large number of existing users here, regulars, so the goal was to reinvent the current concept and replace it with a contemporary, forward-looking approach.
Image Courtesy © Bálint Jaksa
- Architects: GASPARBONTA
- Project: Don Pepe I Menyecske Utca
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Photography: Bálint Jaksa
- Lead designer: Gaspar Bonta
- Assistant designer: Orsolya Lőrincz
- General Contractor: ETNA
- Pergola: GIBUS
- Kitchen technology: Kende Gastro
- Area: 190 sqm
- Year of Completion: 2017
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
The plot is located at the interface between two very different urban logics: on one side, a modern district made up of wide public spaces and large-sized buildings, on the other, the historical town-centre consisting of smaller slate-roof buildings. One of the project’s challenges is to articulate the traditional city and the modern city scales, using both the organisation of its volumes and the layout of its functions.
Image Courtesy © André Morin
- Architects: Hérault Arnod Architectes
- Project: Cité internationale Paul Ricœur
- Location: Boulevard de La Liberté – Renne, France
- Photography: André Morin
- Client: Rennes Métropole for the city of Rennes, Bretagne Loire University and the CROUS
- Project management:
- Project manager: Mickaël Dusson
- Construction site: Florent Bellet
- Fluids: Nicolas Mussche Inex
- Structure: Batiserf
- Economics: Michel Forgue
- Kitchen specialist: Artelia
- Graphic design: Gérard Plénacoste
Friday, March 31st, 2017
Article source: DCD Interiorismo
The idea of creating a unique luxury space into a XXI century palace has been the connection of the all general esthetic of the hotel: noble material are used in actual way, contemporary furniture and lighting are melt together to create an elegant and sober set. The Empress Eugenia de Montijo and her great influence at her time is the muse inspiratory of the all project.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Article source: Yaroslav Galant
“Yaroslav Galant innovative design” studio has finished work on the project for football club “Grupo Desportivo Estoril Praia” (Portugal). The new dynamic structure has been constructed on a roof of already existing building.
“Clube 39” includes offices and the universal transformable space, which joins restaurant, training center, conference hall, museum and open terrace facing training fields.
Image Courtesy © Dima Kornilov
- Architects: Yaroslav Galant
- Project: Clube 39
- Location: Estoril, Portugal
- Photography: Dima Kornilov
- Architect in charge: Bogdan Vesna
- Designer/Decorator: Ilona Galant, Yaroslav Galant
- Area: 300m2
- Project Year: 2017