Archive for the ‘Revit’ Category
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: TBI Architecture & Engineering, Architectenbureau Olieslagers
The construction of a new headquarters always allows a company to express its corporate values through design. The young and innovative company DocMorris has carried out this transformation together with the architects in charge of the project, resulting in a new headquarters that highlights transparency, modernity, and sustainability in a flexible environment that is warm and comfortable for employees.
Image Courtesy © Andreas Horsky
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Article source: Hi-Tech CADD Services
To integrate mix used development consisting of residence, office, mall, and hotel above an existing rail yard.
A rail yard and mixed use building were integrated into a single facility, and detailed 3D models for complete visualization and approvals were developed.
Image Courtesy © Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Architects: Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Project: Design a Series of Residential and Commercial Buildings Over an Existing Rail Yard Using Architectural Services
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit & 3ds Max (more…)
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Article source: Cisneros Design Studio Architects, LLC
This 60s era office complex is located in Houston’s Upper Kirby District – an area which is quickly transforming into a trendy neighborhood and shopping district. The project consisted of the major renovation of the façade and two parking garages, new building lighting, and new exterior street signage.
Image Courtesy © Cisneros Design Studio Architects, LLC
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Article source: KZ Architecture
Architect Jaya Kader Zebede’s newest project is proof positive that good things come in threes. For her first –ever contemporary home design, she successfully solved the puzzle of a pie-shaped lot in Golden Beach – a well – heeled neighborhood northeast of Miami – with a trio of distinctive forms, each designed for different functions.
Image Courtesy © Robin Hill
- Architects: KZ Architecture
- Project: South Parkway
- Location: Florida, USA
- Photography: Robin Hill
- Software used: Autodesk, Revit
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: Cerejeira Fontes Architects
The design of the building uses an organizational scheme directly related to the structural matrix of the territory and more decisively the tree formations which are the most prevalent and enhanced elements of the site.
Image Courtesy © Benjamin Alstrup Velure
- Architects: Cerejeira Fontes Architects
- Project: Barcelos Secondary School
- Location: Barcelos, Portugal
- Photography: Benjamin Alstrup Velure
- Software used: Revit
- Engineer: TDP- Projectos e Fiscalização, Lda Joaquim Carvalho
- Área: 13 000m2
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016
Article source: Studio8 Architecture & Urban Design
The house is located in a dense residential alley at the heart area of District 10, Ho Chi Minh City (in Vietnamese is “Quận 10” that’s why the house named Q10). Like many other typical row houses in Vietnam, Q10 House faced a challenge of creating something different but feasible with very limited budget, other saying is to balance between creativity and efficiency, and more importantly, works well with living style of the owners.
Image Courtesy © LumKa Photography
- Architects: Studio8 Vietnam Co., Ltd
- Project: Q10 House
- GFA: 250m2
- Location: To Hien Thanh Street, Ward 14, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Photography: LumKa Photography
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit, Ecotect, Photoshop
- Project Year: 2015
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: ZAS ARCHITECTS + INTERIORS
Setting benchmarks worldwide for engineering education, The Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence re-thinks campus hierarchy to foster modern ways of learning. Resulting from an intensive design process between ZAS Architects, The Lassonde School of Engineering, and York University, the world-class facility challenges past models with a modern approach rooted in student learning and empowerment.
Image Courtesy © Doublespace Photography
- Architects: ZAS ARCHITECTS + INTERIORS
- Project: THE BERGERON CENTRE FOR ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE
- Location: YORK UNIVERSITY KEELE CAMPUS,TORONTO, CANADA
- CLIENT: YORK UNIVERSITY, LASSONDE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- ENGINEERING: ARUP CANADA
- FACADE ENGINEERING: BLACKWELL BOWICK PARTNERSHIP LTD.
- MATHEMATICAL FACADE PATTERN RESOLUTION: MESH CONSULTANTS
- LANDSCAPE: SCOTT TORRANCE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT INC.
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT: LAING O’ROURKE CANADA LTD & GILLAM GROUP INC
- SIZE: 170,000 SQ FT (15,800 M2)
- CONSTRUCTION BUDGET (CAD): $63 MILLION (BUILDING) $ 6 MILLION (SITE DEVELOPMENT)
- COMPLETED: SEPTEMBER 2015/ FULLY COMPLETE SPRING 2016
- Photography: Doublespace
- Software used: Revit 2013, Rhino v5, Grasshopper v1, 3DS Max 2014, Solidworks 2014, ETABS 2013
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: STL ARCHITECTS
Located in close proximity to the heart of Lincoln Square in Chicago, the new 85,000 SF Lycée Française de Chicago has been conceived as a unique educational with light-filled spaces intended to encourage educational and shared environments aimed to celebrate the Lycée’s international.
Image Courtesy © IGNACIO ESPIGARES @ STL ARCHITECTS
- Architects: STL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Lycee Francais
- Location: 1929 West Wilson Ave, Chicago, Illinois
- Structural Engineer: ARUP Chicago
- MEP Engineer: McGuire Engineers
- Civil Engineer: Kimley Horn and Associates, Inc.
- General Contractor: Bulley & Andrews
- Landscape Architect: STL Architects + Culliton Quinn
- Lighting Design: ARUP Chicago
- Acoustics: ARUP Chicago
- Software used: Revit (more…)
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
Article source: 2gv sensibilidad patrimonial
The house, given the geometry of the plot and programmatic needs arising from the property, is designed as a triangle that covers almost the buildable area and replicates the shape of the edge of the plot , appropriating by extension and projection of the total plot. Over this , one recessed floor contains the evening program.
Image Courtesy © 2gv sensibilidad patrimonial
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
Article source: Geotectura
The Michal and Avraham Kadar Media Lab was designed by Geotectura for Shenkar College within an 90 years old building. The project has many labs and workshops as part of a retrofit and add-ons design but the main element is a floating steel and glass structure within the existing fabric. The project includes a center for interaction design and technology, a computer gaming lab, plastic workshop and 3D printing lab.
Image Courtesy © LiorAvitan
- Architects: Geotectura, Dr. Joseph Cory
- Project: Shenkar Glass Gallery
- Location: Ramat Gan, Israel
- Photography: LiorAvitan
- Software used: Revit
- Project Manager: OferGabay
- Structural Engineer: Sayag Engineers
- Mechanical Engineer: EyalNiv Engineers
- Contractor: Ida Invest
- Client: Shenkar College (www.shenkar.ac.il/en)
- Area:1200sq.m., Glass Gallery 100 sq.m.
- Year: 2015