Archive for the ‘Revit’ Category
Sunday, January 19th, 2014
Article source: Sottile & Sottile & Lord Aeck Sargent
The Evans Center for African American Studies at the Savannah College of Art and Design expands the University’s art museum by resurrecting the ruins of the only surviving antebellum railroad complex in the U.S. The project transformed a series of dilapidated freight warehouses originally built in 1853 by African slaves and incorporated them into a complex that includes galleries, art studios, classrooms, a 250-seat theatre, and public gardens. The 82,0000-square-foot expansion intentionally links the site’s historical and geographic context with its contemporary purpose; once part of the Underground Railroad, the Evans Center now celebrates African American art.
Image Courtesy © SCAD, Twilight view of Grand Courtyard
- Architects: Sottile & Sottile & Lord Aeck Sargent
- Project: SCAD Museum of Art
- Location: Savannah, U.S.A
- Photography: SCAD, Sottile & Sottile & Lord Aeck Sargent
- Software used: Sketchup and Revit.
- Owner: Savannah College of Art and Design
- Associate Architect: Dawson Architects
Saturday, January 18th, 2014
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The Jade apartment tower by Tony Owen partners has just been completed in the centre of Sydney’s CBD. The 15-storey tower consists of 27 one, two and three-bedroom apartments, plus double-level penthouses with a vaulted glass ceilings.
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: JADE Apartments
- Location: Sydney’s CBD
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, Rhino, Maya and 3DS
Friday, January 17th, 2014
Article source: Lord, Aeck & Sargent
Phase 2 of the renovation of the Michigan Memorial Phoenix Laboratory (MMPL) – originally built in 1955 as a living memorial to honor the men and women of the University of Michigan community who lost their lives in World War II service – is now complete. In addition to a renovation of the existing building’s second level as research laboratories, Phase 2 also included the design and construction of a new building addition that houses the University of Michigan Energy Institute (UMEI).
Image Courtesy © Curt Clayton
- Architects: Lord, Aeck & Sargent
- Project: Phase 2 of the renovation of the Michigan Memorial Phoenix Laboratory
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Photography: Curt Clayton
- Software used: Revit
Friday, January 10th, 2014
Article source: LONGVA ARKITEKTER
The new sports hall is located next to an existing sports field on the outskirts of Straume, a small town near Bergen.
The brief was to create two sports halls that could accommodate a variety of events and scenarios. The main hall has seating for 3000 spectators and can be used for international handball and basketball tournaments. The building also contains weight training facilities, communal rooms and offices for the local sports clubs.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Brodey
- Architects: LONGVA ARKITEKTER
- Project: Sotra Arena
- Location: Bergen, Norway
- Photography: Ivan Brodey
- Client: Fjell County
- Date of completion: 2013
- Area: 9200 m2.
- Cost: 19MillEuro
MATERIALS / PRODUCTS
- Façade: Balextermsandwich panels, Rheinzinkpanelling and flashings, Wood cladding, Schücowindows
- Sports flooring: Boflex / Pulastic
- Arena seating: Kerkofiorina
- Software used: Revit
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: mahdiyar memar
Image Courtesy © mahdiyar memar
- Architects: mahdiyar memar
- Project: El-goli caltural center
- Location: tabriz, Iran
- Software used: 3dmax, Vray, Autocad, Revit
Friday, January 3rd, 2014
Article source: Ehrlich Architects
This new city-owned, LEED Gold certified office building, is located at the intersection of the city’s industrial area and a burgeoning media office district. The four-story structure measures approximately 232’ x 95’, and consists of 73,000 gross square feet of program. The building will serve the City of Beverly Hills as well as the public and includes the City’s cable TV facilities and open office and retail space for lease.
The project is located within biking distance of two residential areas, Image Courtesy © RMA Photography
- Architects: Ehrlich Architects
- Project: 331 Foothill Road Office & Retail
- Location: Beverly Hills, California
- Photography: RMA Photography
- Software used: 2009 Revit and 2009 AutoCad.
Saturday, December 21st, 2013
Article source: Diego Bortolato Architetto
This was a project for a New Villa developed on the northwest of Italy, Monferrato Coutryside Area, Piedmont, that follow principle of bioarchitecture.
The development of the new private residence , is based on the juxtaposition of two main bodies , the master house and an annex of service, united by a single large roof , oriented and designed to maximize solar gain during the winter and to protect and reduce the penetration of the same during the summer. A third building , detached from its predecessors is thegarage.
Image Courtesy © Daniela Bortolato
- Architects: Diego Bortolato Architetto
- Project: Casa_SSM
- Location: Monferrato, Italy
- Photography: Daniela Bortolato
- General Contractor: LIgnoalp DAMIANIHOLZ&CO S.p.A. Brixen
- Concrete and Logistic con construction site: Agest Costruzioni
- Concrete: Ing. Claudio and Sofia Valenzano
- Concrete Pavings: Capodicasa Sas.
- Parquet Floorings: Bonardi Matteo per CP Parquet
- Lights: Sacchi Giuseppe S.p.A. Resp. sig. Mauro Stanchi
- Project: Luglio 2010
- Construction: Settembre 2011 Luglio 2012
- House Surf.: 350 Mq. Land
- Area: 5.000 Mq
- Software used: Sketchup, Vectorworks and Revit
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: sanzpont [arquitectura]
”An Oasis is a miracle of life in the desert.” sanzpont [arquitectura] has being awarded 3rd place in an international restricted competition for a VIP Palace in Qatar for its innovative and ecologic response to the project brief of this private residence: “The purpose of the competition was to stimulate innovative and creative ideas to create high end luxurious Palace to achieve relaxation and luxury for its VIP users.”
Image Courtesy © sanzpont [arquitectura]
- Architects: sanzpont [arquitectura]
- Project: A Palace For Nature
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Status: Idea
- Architectural & Design Project: sanzpont [arquitectura], Arq. Sergio Sanz Pont, Arq. Victor Sanz Pont, Arq. Tania Cota, Jose Miguel Cano
- Software used: 3dsmax, VRay Render, Space Planning, Revit.
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: Rossetti Architects
Clear, effervescent + in-line with a risk-taking, entrepreneurial spirit was the client vision that inspired this eye-popping, yet sophisticated environment for the Rock Companies Executive Suite. ROSSETTI translated the “live, work, play” lifestyle into offices that are executive, yet don’t take themselves too seriously. This office interior ignited a downtown city’s resurgence, bringing life and energy into the once tired and gray city. The vibrant offices mimic the owner’s vision for the city; high-energy and elegant. Dominate design inspirations include spaces that are clear, effervescent, and executed in eye-popping color and playful design elements.
Exterior of Detroit’s Compuware Building located in Downtown Detroit, Michigan. ROSSETTI was part of the original architecture team that designed the building in 2000 (completed 2003), Image Courtesy © Rossetti Architects
- Architects: Rossetti Architects
- Project: HIGHRISE OFFICE BUILDING
- Software used: Illustrator, AutoCad and Revit
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Article source: BUSarchitektur
OPEN SPACE AT THE CAMPUS WU
The Campus is a sequence of intertwining open spaces. Buildings on the different zones qualify these spaces from an architectural point of view. The Master Plan model determined the design of these open areas; a fabric of interior and exterior spaces, defined by the location of the buildings’ entrances in relation to the plazas, brings life to the intended environment.
Image Courtesy © BOAnet.at
- Architects: BUSarchitektur
- Project: Campus WU – Master Plan and Landscaping
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: BOAnet.at
- CLIENT: Projektentwicklungsgesellschaft Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien Neu GmbH
- PROJECT BY: BUSarchitektur & BOA office for the advanced randomness in cooperation with Landschaftsarchitektur
- SERVICES: Comprehensive Master Plan in collaboration with international experts, Executive Project of the Landscape Architecture
- INITIATION (beginning) OF THE PROJECT: 2008
- PROJECT COMPLETION: 2013
- TYPE OF WORK: New construction
- PARK AREA: 67.000m²
- AWARDS: 1st Prize in the International Competition for the Master Plan and Executive Project for Campus WU
- Book about the Campus WU: www.holiwu.at
- Software Used: Revit Architecture, Modulcad, 3ds Max, Rhino