Archive for the ‘Revit’ Category
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
Article source: Seeding office
Comprises a historic detached building with Georgian façade but with origin, in part, said to date back to before the times of Henry VIII.
The front elevation, facing the river, dates from the mid to late 18th century and hides much of the older building which is basically 15th century, altered and enlarged in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Image Courtesy © Seeding office
- Architects: Seeding office
- Project: Cedar House
- Location: Surrey, London
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, 3dS Max, Photoshop
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
Article source: Schiattarella Associati
The Rome-based architectural office Schiattarella Associati was awarded twice: “Concept Winner” at this year’s ICONIC AWARDS and Honorable Mention at the AAP 2016 for the Addiriyah Contemporary Art Center project in Saudi Arabia.
The ICONIC AWARDS, a design competition under the aegis of the German Design Council, are held annually to recognize outstanding architectural projects and design products. Amongst media partners in 2016 competition, Atrium, Dezeen, World-architets.com.
Image Courtesy © Schiattarella Associati
- Architects: Schiattarella Associati
- Project: Addirriyah Contemporary Art Center
- Location: Addirriyah, Saudi Arabia
- Software used: Autodesk Revit, Autocad and Rhino
- Client: Arriyadh Development Authority
- Year: 2015-2016
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016
Article source: Wiegerinck architectuur en stedenbouw
Invitation to innovate
In the design for the new incubator and multi-tenant building on the university campus in Wageningen, start-ups and knowledge-intensive technological businesses in the agro and food sectors will have a place for research and open innovation.
‘Plus Ultra’ means ‘there will always be unchartered territory to be discovered and explored’ (see footnote) and symbolizes the commitment to continuous innovation.
Image Courtesy © Kim Zwarts
- Architects: Wiegerinck architectuur en stedenbouw
- Project: PLVS VLTRA
- Location: Wageningen university and research center, Netherlands
- Photography: Kim Zwarts
- Software used: SketchUp, Revit, Autocad, Photoshop, InDesign
- Lead Architects: Bert Muijres, Roy Pype, Tim Loeters
- Client: Kadans Science Partner
- Contractor: Hendriks Bouwbedrijf
- Constructions advisor: Archimedes
- Advisor installations: Van Looy Group
- Landscape architecture: Poelmans Reesink
- Constructions: Goudstikker de Vries
- Technical Installations: Schrijvers Electrotechniek
- BEEAM advisor: C2N
- Physics: Peutz
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 7600
- Completion Year: 2016
Wednesday, December 21st, 2016
Article source: m3architecture
The Bathersby Boarding Village is akin to a castle in the centre of a city (the school). It is a place where every boy can feel like “the King of the Castle”.
Fort-like boarding houses have a long tradition in English schools. They offer appropriate frameworks for safety, security and community building.
Image Courtesy © Christopher Frederick Jones
- Architects: m3architecture
- Project: St Joseph’s Nudgee College
- Location: Queensland, Australia
- Photography: Christopher Frederick Jones
- Software used: Revit
Tuesday, December 20th, 2016
Article source: Margot Krasojevic
The hotel’s design focuses on zoned programmatic areas which separate and slide away from each other in the event of an earthquake. The areas constructed from a lightweight aluminium frame with pre-cast concrete and recycled plastic polymer panels make it easier to move them away from each other and move through the tremor for easier displacement.
Image Courtesy © Margot Krasojevic
- Architects: Margot Krasojevic
- Project: Dynamic Seismic Hotel
- Location: Italy
- Software used: Revit, 3dS Max and Catia
Saturday, December 17th, 2016
Article source: v2com
The AAP American Architecture Prize honors exceptional designs in 41 categories across three disciplines: architectural design, interior design, and landscape architecture. MetropolitanmomentuM won Silver Prize and Bronze Prize in the categories of Architectural Design / Misc. and Heritage Architecture respectively for Pushkinsky International Cinema Hall at Moscow – Revitalization.
Perspective View – Exterior, Image Courtesy © Pablo Osorio
- Architects: MetropolitanmomentuM
- Project: Pushkinsky International Cinema Hall
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Pablo Osorio
- Software used: Revit and 3ds max from Auto-desk, Illustrator, In-design, and Photoshop from Adobe and 3D CAD CATIA and SOLIDWORKS 3D from Dassault Systèmes
Thursday, November 24th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Arshia Architects, ltd was selected as a winner by the Los Angeles Business Council at their 45th Annual design award for setting new standards for design excellence, innovation and sustainability, and demonstrate the potential of combining beautiful architecture with environmental and health best practices.
WAITING AREA, Image Courtesy © PAUL VU
- Architects: Arshia Architects, ltd
- Project: BE36
- Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Photography: PAUL VU
- Software used: Rhino and Revit
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016
Article source: Studio 15b – Architecture + Interior Design
Inspired by an enthusiastic client passionate about colour, Inertia Engineering’s office fit-out is bright and on-trend. Copper accents provide warmth to the corporate white-blue colours that were derived from the company logo. The reception area is flanked by a curved concrete rendered wall that leads you into the custom designed meeting room and further into the spacious open plan office. The curve of the meeting room softens the harsh angles prominent in the space while encouraging a ‘round table’ approach to meetings. Much thought went into the spatial planning of this existing office space in order to compliment the team work flow while providing a generous and practical break out space for employees. A whole wall was dedicated to storage for stationery, archiving and servers which is cleverly disguised by graphical sliding doors with a centrally located functional utility space. The breakout space is framed by timber screening and houses a functional kitchen that provides plenty of storage for individuals and a high bar for informal gatherings. Comfortable upholstered occasional ottomans are scattered in the corner while outdoor ottomans encourage use of the long balcony. Combining the client’s daring attitude to colour with our expertise ensured a successful outcome that will encourage productivity in this functional and bright work place.
Image Courtesy © Studio 15b – Architecture + Interior Design
Friday, November 11th, 2016
Article source: CORE Architects Inc.
12 degrees was designed as an urban infill project, fitting into the context of a mixed use residential area where the city block has buildings that include both the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Ontario College of Art and Design.
Given the artistic nature of the city block, the design became a playful exercise in massing and an anchor to the south-west corner of the block. The design can be read as analogous to the stacking of toy blocks, with one of the blocks skewed at 12 degrees from the others.
Image Courtesy © CORE Architects Inc.
- Architects: CORE Architects Inc.
- Project: 12 Degrees
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Software used: REVIT and AutoCad
Friday, November 4th, 2016
Article source: Cerejeira Fontes Arquitectos
The object, the chapel, is a handmade wooden box construction inside a huge18th century stone building, the Seminary of St. Tiago, in the center of Braga, Portugal. Into the renovated two levels space that encloses the Chapel comes some daylight that is very controlled and delicately used by the architects. The space around the chapel is quite dark, so the object appears transparent. The natural light is filtered through its walls, made by thin, horizontal, wooden bars, and gives the architectural body a luminous appearance.
Image Courtesy © José Forte
- Architects: Cerejeira Fontes Arquitectos
- Project: Tree of Life Chapel
- Location: Braga, Portugal
- Photography: José Forte and Asbjørn Andresen
- Software used: REVIT (autodesk)
- Design Team: António Jorge Fontes, André Fontes, Asbjörn Andresen, Joaquim Carvalho(civil engineer)
- Area: 38 m2
- Project year: 2010
- Construction year: 2010
- Finished year: 2010
- Inogorated: October 20, 2011