Archive for the ‘Revit’ Category
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Article source: Gensler
Gensler’s design for San Francisco International Airport’s renovated Terminal 3 Boarding Area E (T3BAE) will showcase innovative design, interactive technology and a healthy environment carefully tuned to offer travelers a place where they will enjoy spending time. The 65,000-square-foot renovation features progressive sustainability measures that promote wellbeing, and is targeting LEED-Gold certification. A raised “Flight Deck” interactive experience will serve as an exciting physical point of entry to Boarding Area E, which will include 10 gates serving United Airlines. The project was built in a design-build partnership between Hensel Phelps and Gensler for San Francisco International Airport.
Image Courtesy © Joe Fletcher
- Architects: Gensler
- Project: San Francisco International Airport, Terminal 3 Boarding Area E
- Location: Millbrae, California, USA
- Photography: Joe Fletcher
- Software used: Revit
- Design Team: Gensler (Design Architect), KPA Group (Architect), Robin Chiang & Co., and Hamilton – Aitken Architects (Associate Architects)
- Contractor: Hensel Phelps
- Structural Engineer: KPA
- MEP Engineer: Glumac (design), Sustainability Consultants Thornton Tomasetti
- Construction Manager: PGH Wong
- LEED Certification: LEED Gold Certified
- Retail & Concessions: 9,054 square feet
- Passengers per Year: Capacity for 1.9 million enplanements
- Airlines Served: United Airlines
- Size: 105,800 total SF. 68,800 SF for the Departures level, 37,000 SF for the Apron (ground) level.
- Budget: $138 million
- Cost per Square Foot: $900 per square foot, including furniture
- Construction Start: May 2012
- Opening: January 2014
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: Arch11 Inc.
At an elevation of 9,000’ above sea level, the site of this modern chalet is an alpine meadow at the base of an inclined ridge 4,000’ below the summit of one of North America’s highest mountain peaks. The property, surrounded by a Lodgepole pine forest, includes a sensitive wetland ecosystem at one end and the remnants of an exploratory pit mine at the other. The main space of the three-bedroom, three-bath family retreat is glazed on three sides allowing a blurring of inside and out and providing expansive views of the rugged mountain ridge beyond and the meadow below.
Image Courtesy © Arch11 Inc.
- Architects: Arch11 Inc.
- Project: Lodgepole Retreat
- Software used: Revit
Thursday, January 19th, 2017
Article source: VOLEVA Arquitectos
Pirineos 125 is a department building that answers to the neediness of households in Mexico City. The project maximizes all the areas reducing the circulations and giving the priority to the living spaces. The building is spread in four levels, has eleven departments and a roof garden. The departments, with 67 m2, have two bedrooms with bathrooms, living-dining room and kitchen. The design provides natural light to all the rooms and the curtain wall facade creates a shadow play through the living room.
Image Courtesy © VOLEVA Arquitectos
- Architects: VOLEVA Arquitectos
- Project: Pirineos 125
- Location: Mexico City
- Software used: Autodesk Revit, Autocad, and Photoshop
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
Article source: Seeding office
Comprises a historic detached building with Georgian façade but with origin, in part, said to date back to before the times of Henry VIII.
The front elevation, facing the river, dates from the mid to late 18th century and hides much of the older building which is basically 15th century, altered and enlarged in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Image Courtesy © Seeding office
- Architects: Seeding office
- Project: Cedar House
- Location: Surrey, London
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, 3dS Max, Photoshop
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
Article source: Schiattarella Associati
The Rome-based architectural office Schiattarella Associati was awarded twice: “Concept Winner” at this year’s ICONIC AWARDS and Honorable Mention at the AAP 2016 for the Addiriyah Contemporary Art Center project in Saudi Arabia.
The ICONIC AWARDS, a design competition under the aegis of the German Design Council, are held annually to recognize outstanding architectural projects and design products. Amongst media partners in 2016 competition, Atrium, Dezeen, World-architets.com.
Image Courtesy © Schiattarella Associati
- Architects: Schiattarella Associati
- Project: Addirriyah Contemporary Art Center
- Location: Addirriyah, Saudi Arabia
- Software used: Autodesk Revit, Autocad and Rhino
- Client: Arriyadh Development Authority
- Year: 2015-2016
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016
Article source: Wiegerinck architectuur en stedenbouw
Invitation to innovate
In the design for the new incubator and multi-tenant building on the university campus in Wageningen, start-ups and knowledge-intensive technological businesses in the agro and food sectors will have a place for research and open innovation.
‘Plus Ultra’ means ‘there will always be unchartered territory to be discovered and explored’ (see footnote) and symbolizes the commitment to continuous innovation.
Image Courtesy © Kim Zwarts
- Architects: Wiegerinck architectuur en stedenbouw
- Project: PLVS VLTRA
- Location: Wageningen university and research center, Netherlands
- Photography: Kim Zwarts
- Software used: SketchUp, Revit, Autocad, Photoshop, InDesign
- Lead Architects: Bert Muijres, Roy Pype, Tim Loeters
- Client: Kadans Science Partner
- Contractor: Hendriks Bouwbedrijf
- Constructions advisor: Archimedes
- Advisor installations: Van Looy Group
- Landscape architecture: Poelmans Reesink
- Constructions: Goudstikker de Vries
- Technical Installations: Schrijvers Electrotechniek
- BEEAM advisor: C2N
- Physics: Peutz
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 7600
- Completion Year: 2016
Wednesday, December 21st, 2016
Article source: m3architecture
The Bathersby Boarding Village is akin to a castle in the centre of a city (the school). It is a place where every boy can feel like “the King of the Castle”.
Fort-like boarding houses have a long tradition in English schools. They offer appropriate frameworks for safety, security and community building.
Image Courtesy © Christopher Frederick Jones
- Architects: m3architecture
- Project: St Joseph’s Nudgee College
- Location: Queensland, Australia
- Photography: Christopher Frederick Jones
- Software used: Revit
Tuesday, December 20th, 2016
Article source: Margot Krasojevic
The hotel’s design focuses on zoned programmatic areas which separate and slide away from each other in the event of an earthquake. The areas constructed from a lightweight aluminium frame with pre-cast concrete and recycled plastic polymer panels make it easier to move them away from each other and move through the tremor for easier displacement.
Image Courtesy © Margot Krasojevic
- Architects: Margot Krasojevic
- Project: Dynamic Seismic Hotel
- Location: Italy
- Software used: Revit, 3dS Max and Catia
Saturday, December 17th, 2016
Article source: v2com
The AAP American Architecture Prize honors exceptional designs in 41 categories across three disciplines: architectural design, interior design, and landscape architecture. MetropolitanmomentuM won Silver Prize and Bronze Prize in the categories of Architectural Design / Misc. and Heritage Architecture respectively for Pushkinsky International Cinema Hall at Moscow – Revitalization.
Perspective View – Exterior, Image Courtesy © Pablo Osorio
- Architects: MetropolitanmomentuM
- Project: Pushkinsky International Cinema Hall
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Pablo Osorio
- Software used: Revit and 3ds max from Auto-desk, Illustrator, In-design, and Photoshop from Adobe and 3D CAD CATIA and SOLIDWORKS 3D from Dassault Systèmes
Thursday, November 24th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Arshia Architects, ltd was selected as a winner by the Los Angeles Business Council at their 45th Annual design award for setting new standards for design excellence, innovation and sustainability, and demonstrate the potential of combining beautiful architecture with environmental and health best practices.
WAITING AREA, Image Courtesy © PAUL VU
- Architects: Arshia Architects, ltd
- Project: BE36
- Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Photography: PAUL VU
- Software used: Rhino and Revit