Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Nick Baker Architects
The completion of a new activity hall marks the 10th year of Nick Baker Architect’s involvement in the development of Haydon School, and the penultimate phase of a Masterplan developed in 2004.
Image Courtesy © Hamish Park
- Architects: Nick Baker Architects
- Project: HAYDON SCHOOL ACTIVITY HALL
- Location: Haydon School, Pinner, London, HA5 2LX, England
- Photography: Hamish Park
- Structural Engineer: The Budgen Partnership
- M&E Engineer: EEP
- Client: Haydon School Governors
- Area: 1,090M² gross internal area
- Year: 2014
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Article source: BIG
Following the completion of the Gammel Hellerup High School multi-purpose hall designed by BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group in 2013, a new 1400 m2 building for cultural activities has been inaugurated by the school’s art and sports enthusiasts.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: BIG
- Project: Sports & Arts Expansion
- Location: Hellerup, Denmark
- Photography: Iwan Baan, Rasmus Hjortshoj, Jens Lindhe, Rasmus Hjortshoj
- CLIENT: GAMMEL HELLERUP HIGH SCHOOL
- SIZE: 2500 m2
- COLLABORATORS: EKJ, CG Jensen, Jens Lindhe, Rasmus Hjortshoj, Midconsult I Herning, Bent Nygaard Sørensen, Grontmij
- Multi-use Hall & Gymnasium
- Partners in Charge: Bjarke Ingels, Finn Nørkjær
- Project Leaders: Ole Schrøder, Ole Elkjær-Larsen, Frederik Lyng
- Team: Ana Merino, Anders Hjortnæs, Christian Alvarez, Dennis Rasmussen, Gül Ertekin, Henrick Poulsen, Hjalti Gestsson, Jan Magasanik, Jakob Lange, Jacob Thomsen, Jeppe Ecklon, Ji-young Yoon, Michael Schønemann, Narisara Schröder, Riccardo Mariano, Rune Hansen, Snorre Nash, Thomas Juul-Jensen, Vincent He, Xu Li
Saturday, May 16th, 2015
Article source: Atelier PRO architekten
The Ezinge education park is located in Meppel extending from the Ezinge residential neighbourhood, between the railway and cluster of sports fields. The elongated, bronze-tinted buildings accommodate five secondary schools and a sports complex. A new street, Dahliastraat, separates the school from the residences, and also enables the neighborhood to end with a new row of dwellings.
Image Courtesy © Maarten Noordijk
- Architects: Atelier PRO architekten
- Project: Onderwijspark Ezinge
- Location: Ezingerweg 51- 85, Meppel, Netherlands
- Photography: Christian van der Kooy, Maarten Noordijk
- Software used: Revit
- Design period: 2011 – 2013
- Construction period: 2013 – 2014
- Completion: July 2014
- Gross floor area: 7.594 m2 (sport)+ 22.468 m2 (school)= 30.062 m2
- Total building costs: € 20.021.892,-
- Client: Woonconcept Onroerend Goed bv, Meppel
- Project architect: Dorte Kristensen, Christina Kaiser
- Project leader: Christina Kaiser, Ronald Peters
- General contractor: Bouwcombinatie Hegeman/ WBC, Winterswijk
Saturday, May 9th, 2015
Article source: archi5
The purpose here is to give a high school consistent with the city of Gisors. An institution rooted in a city of human scale and rich historical references. A city which kept his medieval past and his contemporary rural environment.
Historically the two high schools are adjacent, now closely linked by the administration and running, it is time to unite Louise Michel and Louis Aragon high schools.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia
- Architects: archi5
- Project: Gisors Louise Michel and Louis Aragon high schools
- Location: Gisors, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia
- Program: Rehabilitation and extension of the high schools. Restaurant, student housings, sports hall.
- Environmental specifications: Low consumption building B Class
- Egis Centre ouest: Economist, engineer, structure, fluid, acoustic deisgner
- Kitchen engineer: BBN Conseils
- Surface: 19 150 m² refurbished. 6 400 m² of new buildings
- Cost: 24 451 497 € Excl. Tax.
- Timetable: Competition prize winner july 2010 – Completion 2015
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: BO LANDSCAPE
About two weeks after construction was complete on the Rakafot School, for which we were the landscape architects, and the opening of the school year, we received a surprising phone call: “I wanted your opinion on adding frogs to the school’s ‘Winter Pond.’ It was the agriculture teacher “We received complaints about mosquitoes, and it seems to be the right way to stop them is by using frogs. Besides, it will be wonderful to hear their croaks along with the children’s loud and cheerful voices.” “It’s a great idea,” we hastened to assure her, with a fantastic inner feeling, “yes, that works.”
Image Courtesy © Amit Haas
- Architects: Knafo-Klimor Architects
- Landscape Architects: BO- Landscape Architects: Landscape Arch. Orna Ben-Ziony& Landscape Arch. Beeri Ben-Shalom, partners/owners of. Associate designer: Landscape Arch. IditIsrael.
- Project: Rakafot school grounds
- Location: Kiryat Bialik, Israel
- Photography: Amit Haas
- Software used: Autocad & Sketchup
- Developer: Kiryat Bialik Municipality, Engineering Head Department: Landscape Arch. Noam Massad, Israel.
- Development contractor: Hisham Khmeisi, Hisham Group.
- Project management and supervision: Shirley Gazit and Gonen Pinhas, Nativ Engineering and Management Ltd.
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: Hawkins\Brown
Hawkins\Brown has completed the first phase of a masterplan to overhaul The City of London Freemen’s School in Ashtead, Surrey.
The works, which have been shortlisted for an RIBA South East 2015 Award, comprise a new boarding house and dedicated music school including practice rooms and a recital hall.
Image Courtesy © Tim Crocker
- Architects: Hawkins\Brown
- Project: The City of London Freemen’s School
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Tim Crocker
- Landscape Architect: BD Landscape
- Structure Engineer: HOP
- Design Stage Structural Engineer: Alan Baxter
- Quantity Surveyor: Capita
- CDM Coordinator: HCD
- M&E: Max Fordham
- Acoustics: Max Fordham
- Planning Consultant: Nathaniel Lichfield & Partners
- Main Contractor: Morgan Sindall
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: CCM2 architectes + Onico Architecture
Located in the center of the town Stoneham, surrounded by a mountainous and wooden environment, the new pavilion of the elementary school of Stoneham-Tewkesbury is built near the existing one. The new school can accommodate an extra of 240 students in order to fill the growing needs of the municipality. The Municipality’s expansion is caused by the arrival of young families in the new residential developments. The pavilion regroups fourteen classrooms, a library, a gymnasium, a computer laboratory, a daycare and all the services related to maximize the development and the global learning of the children.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Groleau
- Architects: CCM2 architectes + Onico Architecture
- Project: HARFANG-DES-NEIGES PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Location: Stoneham, Québec, Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Groleau + Dave Tremblay
- Software used: FormZ and AutoCad
- Completion: 2013
- Client: Commission scolaire des Premières-Seigneuries
- Structural / Civil: WSP Group
- Mechanical /Electrical: Genecor inc.
- Contractor: Constructions Béland-Lapointe inc.
- Project Area: 30 730 pi2 | 12 855 m2
- Budget: 6,5 M$ | CAN
Thursday, April 30th, 2015
Article source: Urban Projects Bureau
UPB have worked with Graveney School on a number of projects and ventures and the Sixth Form Block is the result of a positive collaboration between the school staff, students and the design team. Post-BSF, UPB submitted a range of potential projects for funding bids, and were successful in securing an Academies Capital Maintenance Fund for a new Sixth Form Block to the rear of the school site. The building provides valuable extra teaching, study and events spaces for sixth form students, and makes a positive contribution to Graveney’s campus and host of fine architectural buildings.
Image Courtesy © Kilian O’Sullivan
- Architects: Urban Projects Bureau
- Project: Graveney School Sixth Form Block
- Location: Tooting, London
- Photography: Kilian O’Sullivan
- Software used: Vectorworks
- CLIENT: Graveney Trust
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: Furness Partnership
- CDM COORDINATOR: MorganCarr (more…)
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: Cubo Arkitekter A/S
The project is a reformation and extension of the high school, Odense Katedralskole, situated in the heart of H.C. Andersen´s home town of Odense.
Image Courtesy © Martin Schubert
- Architects: Cubo Arkitekter A/S
- Project: Odense Katedralskole, High school
- Location: Odense, Denmark
- Photography: Martin Schubert and Egon Jacobsen
- Landscape: EBD Arkitekter Aps.
- Engineer: Lemming &Erikssen.
- Area (of extension): 3000 m2
- Year: 2013
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: Juan M. Otxotorena
The program’s requirements of the project is based on the expectations of the growing number of students of the College, given the evolution of the demand for places. And it is built around the requirements of current legislation, under the specification of the educational project.
Image Courtesy © José Manuel Cutillas
- Architects: Juan M. Otxotorena
- Project: NEW BUILDING IN ‘EL REDÍN’ HIGH SCHOOL
- Location: Pamplona, Navarre, SPAIN
- Photography: José Manuel Cutillas, Rubén Pérez Bescós
- Collaborator architects: Gloria Herrera
- Quantity surveyor: Isabelino Río
- Structural engineer: José Ignacio Etayo
- Site area: 22.200 m²
- Building area: 1.478,00 m2
- Construction date: May 2013
- Client: FEISA
- Construction company: ACR