Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Article source: Scalar Architecture
The pre-school is based on the Reggio pedagogical approach which fosters community through exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on the interests of the children through a self-guided curriculum. The environment as a whole becomes a “third teacher”.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzman
- Architects: Scalar Architecture
- Project: Reggio Pre-school and religious center
- Location: West Hills, New York, US
- Photography: Miguel de Guzman, Imagen Subliminal
- Team: Julio Salcedo – Principal in Charge, Yetunde Ogunwumi, Megan Roy, Justin Tan, Adam Kuruc, Josh Carrelo-Mendez
- Structural: Thomas D. Reilly P.E. , Materials: Standing seam enamel metal roof, recycled fiber cement panels, Steel and wood insulated windows, certified harvested wood floors, 2 by 6 balloon frame construction.
- Photography: Miguel de Guzman, Imagen Subliminal
- Area: 5,500 sq ft
- Year of Completion: 2015
Sunday, March 8th, 2015
Article source: Zaigas Gailes Birojs
The reconstruction project of the wooden school building was initiated by Europa Nostra foundation in 2001. The purpose of the project was to draw public attention to preservation of neglected wooden architecture heritage by developing an example which would reveal the unique qualities of Riga’s wooden buildings and show contemporary way to their renovation. It was possible to start the reconstruction work only ten years later when European Regional Development Fund financed the project.
The main facade, Image Courtesy © Ansis Starks
- Architects: Zaigas Gailes Birojs
- Project: WOODEN BUILDING RECONSTRUCTION OF RIGA SCHOOL OF DESIGN AND ART
- Location: Riga, Latvia
- Photography: Ansis Starks
- Team: Zaigas Gailes birojs – Zaiga Gaile, Liene Griezīte, Iveta Cibule, Ingmārs Atavs, Ineta Solzemniece-Saleniece, Dāvis Gasuls, Kristīne Riba
- Client: Foundation Latvia Nostra,Riga School of Design and Art
- Total area of the house: 897 m²
- Award: The Grand Prix of the Latvian Architecture Award 2014
- Project: 2001, 2011
- Construction: 2011 – 2013
Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Article source: Wheeler Kearns Architects
By converting a former lumberyard into a visually accessible school, Intrinsic School provides a model for the adaptive reuse of unorthodox structures into functional learning environments.
Image Courtesy © Steve Hall – Hedrich Blessing
- Architects: Wheeler Kearns Architects
- Project: Intrinsic School
- Location: Chicago,Illinois
- Photography: Steve Hall – Hedrich Blessing
- Landscape Architect: Wolff Landscape Architects
- MEP Engineer: McGuire Engineers, Inc.
- Structural Engineer: Enspect Engineering
- Civil Engineer: Terra Engineering
- Acoustical Consultant: Threshold Acoustics
- General Contractor: Clune Construction Co.
- Date of Completion: 8/22/2014
Saturday, February 21st, 2015
Article source: Atelier PRO architekten
In the heart of Sas van Gent, on the border of ancient fortifications where only a few hedges still remind of days of old, De Statie is situated, a Multifunctional Community School and a senior housing complex. Besides a library, several community facilities and a sports centre, the complex accommodates two primary schools, a childcare centre, playgroup and municipal health service (GGD), and a residential complex of 23 apartments.
Image Courtesy © Petra Appelhof
- Architects: Atelier PRO architekten
- Project: Multifunctional community schools
- Location: Canadalaan, De Statie, Sas van Gent, Netherlands
- Photography: Petra Appelhof lichter, John Lewis Marshall lichter
- Project architect: Dorte Kristensen and Pascale Leistra
- Project leader : Ronald Peters
- General contractor: van Wijnen, Waalwijk
- Client: Woongoed Zeeuws-Vlaanderen
- Gross floor: area 9000 m²
- Total building costs: € 10.000.000,-
- Design period: 2009 – 2010
- Construction period: 2011 – 2013
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: Ateliers O-S architectes
The restructuration operation of the school, one of the largest in the Region Ile-de-France, is scheduled in several phases of interventions in an occupied site.
A comprehensive renovation of the obsolete heating system and a replacement of woodwork is implemented. A new maneuver track for heavy weight driving training, a new car park, an extension workshops and classrooms are also created.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Baur
- Architects: Ateliers O-S architectes
- Project: Lycée GeorGes-cormier Highschool Extension
- Location: Île-de-France
- Photography: Vincent Baur
- SCHEDULE: Phase 1 livrée 2013, Phase 2 livrée 2014
- BUDGET: 5 171 500 € HT
- SURFACE: 4 300 m²
- PROJECT TEAM: Vincent Baur, Guillaume Colboc, Gaël Le Nouëne, Aurelie Louesdon (phase étude )
- CONSULTANT: BETOM (BET TCE) Entreprises
- Building company: CANARD (Clot couvert), AIMEDIEU ( Electricite), MISSENARD QUINT ( CVC Plomberie), COLAS (VRD)
Thursday, February 12th, 2015
Article source: marjan hessamfar & joe vérons associates
The Mont-de-Marsan professional & technical high school, called « Ecole Professionnelle de Métiers » is welcoming approximately 600 pupils.
Image Courtesy © marjan hessamfar & joe vérons associates
- Architects: marjan hessamfar & joe vérons associates
- Project: Professional & technical high school – CFA
- Location: Mont-de-Marsan – Aquitaine, South West France
- Client: Chambre des Métiers et de l’Artisanat des Landes, SATEL mandataire
- Technical engineering agency: otce BET, inddigo HQE, cuisinorme cuisiniste,
- Landscape architect: sabine haristoy paysagiste
- Construction cost: € 9 909 800excl VAT
- Area: 6 404 m2GEA
- Completion: February 2014
- Strategy: French THPE (very high energy efficency)
Thursday, February 5th, 2015
Article source: KCAP Architects&Planners
The ‘Nieuwe Park Rozenburgschool’ is an elementary school in Rotterdam’s quarter Kralingen-Crooswijk with children from various ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds. The school has been spread over two locations within the district. With the extension of one of the locations all school facilities could be united again and help the school function as one institution.
Image Courtesy © Ossip van Duivenbode
- Architects: KCAP Architects&Planners
- Project: Nieuwe Park Rozenburgschool
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode
- Client: Stadsontwikkeling Rotterdam (former OBR) commissioned by JOS (Jeugd, Onderwijs en Samenleving)
- Program: 3.200 m2 for 21 classrooms of which a new building with 2.000 m2 for 14 classrooms and renovation existing building with 1.200 m2 for 7 classrooms, common and multifunctional spaces, staff rooms
- Time: 2008 – 2013
Tuesday, January 27th, 2015
Article source: AR+TE ARCHITECTES
The school is situated in south of the city of Vigneux-sur-Seine near Paris. It is situated in a district in urban renovation financed by the ANRU (National Agency for the Urban Renovation)
The school is bounded on the north by linear housing building of eight floors, and on the south by a housing suburban neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © C.Barba & J.C.Morisseau
- Architects: AR+TE ARCHITECTES
- Project: NELSON MANDELA SCHOOL
- Location: Near PARIS, VIGNEUX-SUR-SEINE (FRANCE)
- Photography: C.Barba & J.C.Morisseau
- Software used: Autocad 2d and 3d
- Project area: 3 550 sqm
- Construction cost: 4 650 000 € Excl. VAT
- Project year: September 2014
- Architect Contractor: CARLOS BARBA AR+TE, ARchitecture + TErritoire (Paris)
- Architect Co-contractor: Jean Christophe MORISSEAU, (Paris)
- Engineering firm: CTC INGENIERIE (Versailles)
Thursday, January 8th, 2015
Article source: chartier dalix
A primary school and gymnasium with their own natural environment.
The project has been designed as part of a particularly innovative programme, environmentally speaking. The concept of the building relies on the development of a primary landscape which would draw its textures and components from the wider landscape in which it is set. In this way it becomes an urban enclave which stands apart: an elevated landscape in which an indigenous environment grows freely, a sort of urban canopy, sheltered, but also protected by people.
Image Courtesy © David Foessel
- Architects: chartier dalix
- Project: PRIMARY SCHOOL FOR SCIENCES AND BIODIVERSITY
- Location: Boulogne-Billancourt, France
- Photography: Cyrille Weiner, David Foessel
- Contractor: SAEM Val de Seine
- Contractor contact: Stéphanie Hallier
- Company: Bouygues Ouvrages Publics
- BET: EVP [structure], CFERM [fluids], f. bougon [eco], f. boutté [hqe], A.E. U. [ecologist], biodiversita [biodiversity]
- Site surface area: 5164 m²
- Net surface area: 6,766 m²
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Article source: Advanced Glazings Ltd.
Detroit School of Arts is a new building housing 1200 students. The public high school is located in the heart of Detroit’s cultural centre. The building opened in February of 2005, they chose a green design as it has been shown to raise student and staff performance. The building is designed so that spaces that benefit from daylighting are on the perimeter and the spaces not requiring daylighting are in the core of the building. Mostly recycled-content materials, low emitting materials and products manufactured within the region were chosen for the building. The project team also diverted almost 60% of the construction waste by weight, from landfills.
Image Courtesy © Advanced Glazings Ltd.
- Project: Detroit School of Arts
- Location: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A. (more…)