Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Article source: Matsuya Art Works.co.ltd.
The building designed as the new school building for the Toshin Satellite Preparatory School is a rental property in an area with a high concentration of girls’ schools, with our client, Matsuo Gakuin, occupying the building as a tenant. The building in question faces a bustling shopping street which also serves as a busy school route for students. The exterior of the building facing the shopping district is made entirely of glass. It was anticipated that the impression created by the interior design of the building, visible to students passing by the glass exterior, would have a positive impact on increasing student enrollment numbers.
Image Courtesy © Matsuya Art Works.co.ltd.
- Architects: Matsuya Art Works.co.ltd.
- Project: Toshin Satelite Preparatory School
- Location: Kobe, Japan
- Software used: Vectorworks
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Article source: LEVS architecten
Primary School Tanouan Ibi is a sustainable building which stands at the edge of a village in the vast plain of the Dogon country in Mali. The school consists of three 7 x 9 meters classrooms for in total 180 pupils, a principal’s office, a depot and a sanitary building. In the evening the school is used for teaching women.
Image Courtesy © LEVS architecten
- Architects: LEVS architecten
- Project: Primary School Tanouan Ibi
- Location: Village of Tanouan Ibi in the land of the Dogon, Mail / Africa
- Software used: ArchCAD 17, Artlantis 4 and Photoshop CC
- Year of completion: 2013
- GFA: 360 m²
- Client: Foundation Dogon Education (SDO) http://www.dogononderwijs.nl/site/en/
- Contractor:Enterprise Dara (Sevaré, Mopti) in collaboration with students of the Lycée Technique in Sevaré and with the local population of Tanouan Ibi
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: Hubert & Roy architects and associates
Complete renovation, wooden structural extensions on brick ensemble, green roofs to harvest rainwater, windmills and solar chimneys to light and provide natural ventilation. Classrooms are upstairs; the architecture brings in natural light, allowing for use of underground levels (-5 m) of the old building. How? A long north-south grassy gardened trough at the base of the courtyard, bordered by a glass passageway connecting reception on the ground floor to the life of the school and the library below. An extensive wooden structure shelters the reception area, covered playground, and gallery. At the north end, staff housing is placed on this wooden structure, above the top of the original building.
Image Courtesy © Hubert & Roy architects and associates
- Architects: Hubert & Roy architects and associates
- Project: Secondary school
- Location: Le Bourget, Ile-de-France region
- Completed: 2014
- Contributors: Julien Plessis, Michaël Hackspill, collaborating architects. CET, engineering and design consultants for all building trades, Frank Boutté, HSE consultant, Cap Horn Acoustics, engineering and design consultants, Arnaud Hug, landscape designer, Donnet Tresse, digital imaging.
- Budget: 15.5 M€ construction cost (not including tax)
- Area of the project: 8400m2 gross floor area
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Tamás Androsics
My name is Androsics Tamás, graduated as architectural engineer. Right now, I continue my study at Pollack Mihaly Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology to get an Architect (Master) degree. The following building made as my final project of my Basic study.
Image Courtesy © Tamás Androsics
- Architects: Tamás Androsics
- Project: Art School and Cafe
- Location: Keszthely, Hungary
- Project team: Dr. Erzsébet Zoltán, Eszter Temesi, Balázs Füredi
- Evels: 4
- Total floor area: 1139,74m2
- Year: 2014
Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Article source: AM3 architetti associati
The new boarding school establishes precise space relationships with the context, and to a larger scale, it opens on to the landscape towards MountStelvio and the Müstair Valley. A horizontal volume stands against the retaining wall along the North East boundary and it contains the level drop between the uncultivated land on the mountainside and the ground level of the lot. Transversely the lot is occupied by a “U” shaped volume, whose position is gauged in order to determine immediate and simple connections with the South East boundary lots. The construction of the new building generates three types of outdoor spaces: a public space to the South which is intended to be a park in direct relationship both with the residual agricultural land and with the school positioned to the North East; a private courtyard with a garden which all the common facilities over look;a service area to the North which is dedicated to parking lots, facility premises, and to the loading and unloading area of the kitchen.
Image Courtesy © AM3 Architetti Associati
- Architects: AM3 architetti associati
- Project: Boarding school with canteen
- Location: Malles, Bozen, Italy
- Software used: Ares Cad, Rhinoceros 4 and Maxwell render 1.7.
- Credits: Studio Cangemi s.a.s, Ing. G. Pecoraro
- Collaborators: arch. Luca Farina,
- Year: October 2014
Thursday, October 9th, 2014
Article source: LYCS Architecture
The project for the TianTai No.2 Primary School strives for a unique design that will serve as a model school which provides a beautiful environment for the cultivation of knowledge, culture,physical fitness, art and ethics for elementary school children. The project effectively solving the problem of land shortage in the old city. The 200m running track calls for 40% of the land if we put the playground on the ground as the normal way, then the space of the campus will be very cramped. At the same time, it is necessary to ensure students a playground to have sports and activities. With land scarce, the 200m running track was projected onto the roof level, giving an additional 3000+ sqm of usable area on the ground as well as the oval shape of the school building, creating a sense of inwardness and security for the students. Lifting the running track also allows for a total project height of 4 floors instead of 5 as originally required, creating a more harmonious relationship between the new school and the surrounding urban context. In order to create more available green courtyard spaces, the building is twisted about 15 degrees, creating smaller pockets of space between the site wall and the exterior envelope.
Image Courtesy © LYCS Architecture
- Architects: LYCS Architecture
- Project: TianTai No.2 Primary School
- Location: Tiantai, Zhejiang, China
- Project Team: Ruan Hao, Zhan Yuan, Gary He, Shanliang Jin, Lina Chen
- Project Period: Design 2012, Construction 2013-2014
- Size: 10190.36 sqm
- Architect of Record: Zhejiang University Urban Research & Design Institute
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Article source: eleven nine interior design office
We had the 1st floor entrance of the pro-design vocational school renovated into a main one. We proposed to have another added-value, other than learning and acquiring technical knowledge, incorporated in the space, in addition to the value of going to the school.
Image Courtesy © Seiryou Yamada
- Architects: eleven nine interior design office
- Project: VANTAN DESIGN INSTITUTE OSAK
- Location: 2-8-5 Shinsaibashi Osaka Chuo-ku, Osaka Japan
- Photography: Seiryou Yamada
- Area: 330m2
- Year: 2009
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Article source: C+S architects
As architects and scholars, we recognize a political role in the urban realm for these small public spaces, where design is not aimed to produce objects standing independently, such as it happened with the cathedrals of consumerism (the shopping malls) or the cathedrals of culture (museums) which, despite their most private ownership, are considered the new public arenas of the society.
Image Courtesy © C+S architects
- Architects: C+S architects
- Project: CPS – Chiarano Primary School
- Location: Urban
- Head Designer: C+S architects, Carlo Cappai, Maria Alessandra Segantini
- Design Team: Alessandro Mimiola, Giulia Riso, Guido Stella, Mauro Tonello
- Consultants Acoustic: F&M Ingegneria srl
- MEP: F&M Ingegneria srl
- Cost Control and Monitoring: F&M Ingegneria srl
- Safety: F&M Ingegneria srl
- Sustainability: F&M Ingegneria srl
- Structural engineering: F&M Ingegneria srl
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Article source: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
Fordham University’s new Law School and Residence Hall, designed by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, with Henry N. Cobb and Yvonne Szeto as collaborating design partners, will be dedicated at a ceremony on Fordham’s Robert Moses Plaza on September 18. Former New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg will deliver the keynote address, and Hon. Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, will cut the ribbon.
Image Courtesy © Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: Perkins Eastman
The new campus of the Indian School of Business-Mohali, consistently ranked among the top business schools in the world by the Financial Times, represents the latest thinking in the planning and design of business schools competing on an international stage. The new 28-hectare (70-acre) Mohali campus responds to the school’s mission to provide a world-class curriculum and real-world experience on par with peer institutions around the world. Established to supplement the success of the school’s inaugural campus at Hyderabad 1,109 miles to the south, Mohali will continue the school’s tradition of creating the next generation of business leaders.
Image Courtesy © Perkins Eastman
- Architects: Perkins Eastman
- Project: Indian School of Business: Campus
- Location: Chandigarh, Punjab