Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
Article source: Atelier d’Arquitectura J. A. Lopes da Costa
The School dates from the 70’s and is located on a flat, regular land. The building consists of five independent blocks or pavilions.
The intervention is part of Phase 2 of the Schools Modernisation Programme carried out by PARQUE ESCOLAR, EP.
Image Courtesy © Manuel Aguiar
- Architects: Atelier d’Arquitectura J. A. Lopes da Costa, Tiago Meireles
- Project: José Macedo Fragateiro Secondary School
- Location: Ovar, Portugal
- Photography: Manuel Aguiar
- Engineering: TERMOPROJECTO
- Project Date: 2008-2009
- Building Date: 2009-2010
Friday, April 10th, 2015
Article source: OXO Architectes
Sou Fujimoto Architects, Manal Rachdi OXO Architectes and Nicolas Laisné Associés, Won the first Prize for the new Learning Centre of the Ecole Polytechnique, in Paris-Saclay.
Image Courtesy © SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: OXO Architectes
- Project: BEM PARIS SACLAY
- Location: PARIS, France
- Photography: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS+ RENDERING BY RSI-STUDIO.
- ARCHITECTS TEAM: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS+ NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES
- TEAM PROJECT:
- SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS (Tokyo, Japan)
Partner in charge: Sou Fujimoto
Project manager: Marie de France
- MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS (Paris, France)
Partenaires-en-Charge: Manal Rachdi
Project manager: Traian Bompa, Helena Frigola
- NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES (Paris, France)
Partner in charge: Nicolas Laisné, Dimitri Roussel
Project manager: Margaux Desombre
- CONSULTANT: EGIS BATIMENTS (Paris, France)
Partner in charge: Patrice Lynch
Engineers: Alain Collet, Mario Figueiredo, Henri Souchon
- BET CONCEPTION ET INGENIERIE ENVIRONNEMENTALE: FRANK BOUTTÉ
CONSULTANTS (Paris, France)
Project manager: Olivier Puertas
- ACOUSTICIAN: LAMOUREUX ACOUSTICS (Paris, France)
- PERSPECTIVE: RSI-studio, Manal Rachdi Oxo architectes. Nicolas Laisné associés.
- TYPE: Restricted competition
- SURFACE: 10 000 m²
- BUDGET: € 32.5M
- STATUS: First prize.
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Article source: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
ELEMENTARY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL IN OPEN LANDSCAPE | OPEN CALL ORGANISED BY THE FLEMISH GOVERNMENT ARCHITECT, 2nd LAUREATE
The historical permanent presence of the polder landscape is experienced as a quality of the site that is to be protected, and it is also used as a source of design choices. The typology of the school buildings is designed analogous to that of the polder farms as solitary volumes in the landscape. The outdoor space is structured as a landscape similar to the diverse and flexible patchwork of different fields in the polder.
Image Courtesy © BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
- Architects: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
- Project: Horizon
- Location: Angle formed by Kragendijk and Jan Devischstraat, 8300, Knokke, BE
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Rhino, Photoshop
- Client: Municipality of Knokke-Heist
- Surface: 3.157 m² gross
- Budget: 4.210.000,00 euro excl. vat and fees
- Timing: Competition design 2011
- Status: Competition, 2nd laureate
- Team: T. Boogaerts, M. Czvek, T. Rigby, M. Steel Lebre
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Article source: Héctor Fernández Elorza/HFE Arch. & Carlos García Fernández
The sailing school for the Sotogrande´s Royal Maritime Club is located in an ideal position, between the marina and the catamarans´ beach.
The project is linked to the stone jetty spanning longitudinally over the promenade in the north side of the beach. The structure seemingly levitates from the ground, standing gently in the sand, as if it were a catamaran. Due to the limited dimensions of the school and its facilities it is necessary the interposing of a larger element to create more visibility for the building. The pergola, constructed in front of the school, unifies all the project elements while also creating a shaded threshold, covering the exterior from direct sun exposure, stretching towards the southern end of the building. Seen from a distance, the school becomes a landmark near the port entrance.
Image Courtesy © Montse Zamorano
- Architects: Héctor Fernández Elorza/HFE Arch. & Carlos García Fernández
- Project: SAILING SCHOOL IN SOTOGRANDE
- Location: SOTOGRANDE, CADIZ
- Photography: Montse Zamorano
- Collaborators: Javier Mengibar (Building Engineer), Miguel Ángel Palencia (Building Engineer), María Concepción Pérez Gutierrez (Structure)
- Situation: Playa de los Catamaranes, San Roque, Cádiz
- Project: July – December 2012
- Construction: January- June 2013
- Client: Real Club Marítimo de Sotogrande
- Constructors: Construcciones Mena y Barranco S.L.
- Surface Area: 145 m2
- Budget: 75.000 euros
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
The new building houses both courses – ornamental metalwork and blacksmithing – in order to provide the students (adult education and evening classes) with all modern comforts while creating a showcase for the craft. The plot is located on a site with two other schools, the CVO and the Erasmus University College, which form a campus. With its compact form, the new school similarly inhabits the space. The plot was selected so that the rest of the site can be used as a green area.
Image Courtesy © BURO II & ARCHI+I © Bart Heijnens
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: SCHOOL FOR ORNAMENTAL METALWORK AND BLACKSMITHING AND ERLECHT
- Location: Corner Materiaalstraat, Albert I-square, Flinsdreef, B-1070 Anderlecht
- Photography: Bart Heijnens
- Client: GO! Onderwĳ s van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap
- Specified execution term: 250 working days
- Actual execution term: 250 working days
- Handover date: completed on September 15, 2014
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Article source: DREAMDESIGN
Elena Dobrovolskaya and Dream Design Studio designed an uncommon primary school. They created an optimistic environment where children not only acquire knowledge but also learn about the world. The architects organized a comfortable study space and tried to change the usual attitude of adults and children towards school. The project named “New School” was initiated under a concept based on joy, inspiration, creativity, positive thinking. Design with an idea to create necessary conditions for a new progressive generation growing which is important for our young country.
Image Courtesy © DREAMDESIGN
Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Article source: DVA: STUDIO
Specific features of this location originate from the fact that primordial modernist setting of the New Belgrade, extremely modernized throughout the principles of Le Corbusier’s Ville Radieuse was interrupted by so called investor’s (speculators) architecture during the past few decades. One of the outcomes of such conflict is the fact that new-formed, fragmentized sites are in huge disproportion compared to existing structures and primarily, sites marked for the complementary functions such as educational facilities are in large scale undersized. So it is the case with this site for the kindergarten. That fact as well as the nearness of heavy traffic corridor were predominant in the process of designing. Circular form was the most appropriate as a response to the built environment as well as to the very intensive traffic which backside of the building faces.
Image Courtesy © DVA: STUDIO
- Architects: DVA: STUDIO
- Project: Kindergarten “Tesla – Science for life”
- Location: New Belgrade, Serbia
- Photography: Relja Ivanić
- Team: Aleksandru Vuja, Milan Djurić, Milka Gnjato
- YEAR OF COMPLETION: 2013
- Site area: 3,600 m2
- Gross area: 1,890 m2
Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Article source: Scalar Architecture
The pre-school is based on the Reggio pedagogical approach which fosters community through exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on the interests of the children through a self-guided curriculum. The environment as a whole becomes a “third teacher”.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzman
- Architects: Scalar Architecture
- Project: Reggio Pre-school and religious center
- Location: West Hills, New York, US
- Photography: Miguel de Guzman, Imagen Subliminal
- Team: Julio Salcedo – Principal in Charge, Yetunde Ogunwumi, Megan Roy, Justin Tan, Adam Kuruc, Josh Carrelo-Mendez
- Structural: Thomas D. Reilly P.E. , Materials: Standing seam enamel metal roof, recycled fiber cement panels, Steel and wood insulated windows, certified harvested wood floors, 2 by 6 balloon frame construction.
- Photography: Miguel de Guzman, Imagen Subliminal
- Area: 5,500 sq ft
- Year of Completion: 2015
Sunday, March 8th, 2015
Article source: Zaigas Gailes Birojs
The reconstruction project of the wooden school building was initiated by Europa Nostra foundation in 2001. The purpose of the project was to draw public attention to preservation of neglected wooden architecture heritage by developing an example which would reveal the unique qualities of Riga’s wooden buildings and show contemporary way to their renovation. It was possible to start the reconstruction work only ten years later when European Regional Development Fund financed the project.
The main facade, Image Courtesy © Ansis Starks
- Architects: Zaigas Gailes Birojs
- Project: WOODEN BUILDING RECONSTRUCTION OF RIGA SCHOOL OF DESIGN AND ART
- Location: Riga, Latvia
- Photography: Ansis Starks
- Team: Zaigas Gailes birojs – Zaiga Gaile, Liene Griezīte, Iveta Cibule, Ingmārs Atavs, Ineta Solzemniece-Saleniece, Dāvis Gasuls, Kristīne Riba
- Client: Foundation Latvia Nostra,Riga School of Design and Art
- Total area of the house: 897 m²
- Award: The Grand Prix of the Latvian Architecture Award 2014
- Project: 2001, 2011
- Construction: 2011 – 2013
Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Article source: Wheeler Kearns Architects
By converting a former lumberyard into a visually accessible school, Intrinsic School provides a model for the adaptive reuse of unorthodox structures into functional learning environments.
Image Courtesy © Steve Hall – Hedrich Blessing
- Architects: Wheeler Kearns Architects
- Project: Intrinsic School
- Location: Chicago,Illinois
- Photography: Steve Hall – Hedrich Blessing
- Landscape Architect: Wolff Landscape Architects
- MEP Engineer: McGuire Engineers, Inc.
- Structural Engineer: Enspect Engineering
- Civil Engineer: Terra Engineering
- Acoustical Consultant: Threshold Acoustics
- General Contractor: Clune Construction Co.
- Date of Completion: 8/22/2014