Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015
Article source: WRL Arquitectos
From the architect. The project corresponds to the reconstruction of a heritage building.
It is part of the educational infrastructure from Protectora de la Infancia in the town of Puente Alto, Santiago, that welcomes vulnerable minors in extreme poverty.
Image Courtesy © Pablo Casals-Aguirre
- Architects: WRL Arquitectos
- Project: Las Nieves Technical Vocational School
- Location: Avenida Concha Y Toro 2188, Puente Alto, Región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Pablo Casals-Aguirre
- Project Architects: Francisco León Ross, Alicia Ross Amunategui, Tomás Weisser Mengdehl
- Client: Sociedad Protectora de la Infancia
- Engineer: Antonio Medina Guajardo
- Project Area: 5800.0 m2
Sunday, June 21st, 2015
Article source: Satellite Architects
“It’s doing a lot with a little…the diagonal bracing of the timber and the curtain-walling sing off each other,”
With focus on innovative design sustainable architecture, we at Satellite Architects have been working closely with River Cottage since 2005. River Cottage implements a fully sustainable policy on building materials, energy and carbon outputs and a fully recyclable policy on waste. We at Satellite Architects share an identical vision for the future of the design and built. At Satellite, sustainability is not seen as an added benefit to architectural design but as an integral part of the process.
Image Courtesy © Alex Campbell
- Architects: Satellite Architects
- Project: River Cottage HQ
- Location: Trinity Hill, Axminster, Devon, UK
- Photography: Alex Campbell
- Software used: Sketchup and Vectorworks
- Client: River Cottage Limited
- Structural Engineers: Barry Honeysett (Listed Building) Evolve (Other Buildings)
- Project Manager: Draco Property
- Planning supervisor and Approved Inspector: Butler & Young Consultants Limited (more…)
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: Estudio Carme Pinós
The plot presents two problems: being exposed to the view of the houses around it and the noise of the train. The project could be understood as the answer to both facts.
Image Courtesy © Duccio Malagamba
- Architects: Estudio Carme Pinós
- Project: PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Location: Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Duccio Malagamba, COPCISA
- Client: Generalitat de Catalunya
- Principal Architect: Carme Pinós Desplat
- Collaborators: Juan Antonio Andreu, Samuel Arriola, Matteo Caravatti, David Sebastián, Agustín Pérez Torres
- Structural Engineer: Robert Brufau
- Built: 3.496m2
- Site: 4.288 m2
- Competition: 2003. 1st Prize.
- Basic Design Project: 2003
- Detail Design Project: 2004
- Start of Construction: 2005
- End of Construction: 2006
- Budget Final Cost: 4.121.623€
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Article source: John McAslan + Partners
The John Roan School is an existing 1,400-pupil secondary school adjacent to Greenwich Park. John McAslan + Partners was appointed in 2010 to remodel both the existing Grade II listed building and to provide 8,000 sqm of new school and community accommodation across the split-site campus.
Image Courtesy © John McAslan + Partners
- Architects: John McAslan + Partners
- Project: John Roan School
- Location: Greenwich, England
- Gross floor Area: Westcombe Park GFA 8351m², Maze Hill GFA 5322 m²
- Treated floor area (i.e. all enclosed space): Westcombe Park 7852 m², Maze Hill 5095 m²
- Total Annual CO2 emissions m² treated floor area: kgCO2/m2*
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Nick Baker Architects
The completion of a new activity hall marks the 10th year of Nick Baker Architect’s involvement in the development of Haydon School, and the penultimate phase of a Masterplan developed in 2004.
Image Courtesy © Hamish Park
- Architects: Nick Baker Architects
- Project: HAYDON SCHOOL ACTIVITY HALL
- Location: Haydon School, Pinner, London, HA5 2LX, England
- Photography: Hamish Park
- Structural Engineer: The Budgen Partnership
- M&E Engineer: EEP
- Client: Haydon School Governors
- Area: 1,090M² gross internal area
- Year: 2014
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Article source: BIG
Following the completion of the Gammel Hellerup High School multi-purpose hall designed by BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group in 2013, a new 1400 m2 building for cultural activities has been inaugurated by the school’s art and sports enthusiasts.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: BIG
- Project: Sports & Arts Expansion
- Location: Hellerup, Denmark
- Photography: Iwan Baan, Rasmus Hjortshoj, Jens Lindhe, Rasmus Hjortshoj
- CLIENT: GAMMEL HELLERUP HIGH SCHOOL
- SIZE: 2500 m2
- COLLABORATORS: EKJ, CG Jensen, Jens Lindhe, Rasmus Hjortshoj, Midconsult I Herning, Bent Nygaard Sørensen, Grontmij
- Multi-use Hall & Gymnasium
- Partners in Charge: Bjarke Ingels, Finn Nørkjær
- Project Leaders: Ole Schrøder, Ole Elkjær-Larsen, Frederik Lyng
- Team: Ana Merino, Anders Hjortnæs, Christian Alvarez, Dennis Rasmussen, Gül Ertekin, Henrick Poulsen, Hjalti Gestsson, Jan Magasanik, Jakob Lange, Jacob Thomsen, Jeppe Ecklon, Ji-young Yoon, Michael Schønemann, Narisara Schröder, Riccardo Mariano, Rune Hansen, Snorre Nash, Thomas Juul-Jensen, Vincent He, Xu Li
Saturday, May 16th, 2015
Article source: Atelier PRO architekten
The Ezinge education park is located in Meppel extending from the Ezinge residential neighbourhood, between the railway and cluster of sports fields. The elongated, bronze-tinted buildings accommodate five secondary schools and a sports complex. A new street, Dahliastraat, separates the school from the residences, and also enables the neighborhood to end with a new row of dwellings.
Image Courtesy © Maarten Noordijk
- Architects: Atelier PRO architekten
- Project: Onderwijspark Ezinge
- Location: Ezingerweg 51- 85, Meppel, Netherlands
- Photography: Christian van der Kooy, Maarten Noordijk
- Software used: Revit
- Design period: 2011 – 2013
- Construction period: 2013 – 2014
- Completion: July 2014
- Gross floor area: 7.594 m2 (sport)+ 22.468 m2 (school)= 30.062 m2
- Total building costs: € 20.021.892,-
- Client: Woonconcept Onroerend Goed bv, Meppel
- Project architect: Dorte Kristensen, Christina Kaiser
- Project leader: Christina Kaiser, Ronald Peters
- General contractor: Bouwcombinatie Hegeman/ WBC, Winterswijk
Saturday, May 9th, 2015
Article source: archi5
The purpose here is to give a high school consistent with the city of Gisors. An institution rooted in a city of human scale and rich historical references. A city which kept his medieval past and his contemporary rural environment.
Historically the two high schools are adjacent, now closely linked by the administration and running, it is time to unite Louise Michel and Louis Aragon high schools.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia
- Architects: archi5
- Project: Gisors Louise Michel and Louis Aragon high schools
- Location: Gisors, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia
- Program: Rehabilitation and extension of the high schools. Restaurant, student housings, sports hall.
- Environmental specifications: Low consumption building B Class
- Egis Centre ouest: Economist, engineer, structure, fluid, acoustic deisgner
- Kitchen engineer: BBN Conseils
- Surface: 19 150 m² refurbished. 6 400 m² of new buildings
- Cost: 24 451 497 € Excl. Tax.
- Timetable: Competition prize winner july 2010 – Completion 2015
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: BO LANDSCAPE
About two weeks after construction was complete on the Rakafot School, for which we were the landscape architects, and the opening of the school year, we received a surprising phone call: “I wanted your opinion on adding frogs to the school’s ‘Winter Pond.’ It was the agriculture teacher “We received complaints about mosquitoes, and it seems to be the right way to stop them is by using frogs. Besides, it will be wonderful to hear their croaks along with the children’s loud and cheerful voices.” “It’s a great idea,” we hastened to assure her, with a fantastic inner feeling, “yes, that works.”
Image Courtesy © Amit Haas
- Architects: Knafo-Klimor Architects
- Landscape Architects: BO- Landscape Architects: Landscape Arch. Orna Ben-Ziony& Landscape Arch. Beeri Ben-Shalom, partners/owners of. Associate designer: Landscape Arch. IditIsrael.
- Project: Rakafot school grounds
- Location: Kiryat Bialik, Israel
- Photography: Amit Haas
- Software used: Autocad & Sketchup
- Developer: Kiryat Bialik Municipality, Engineering Head Department: Landscape Arch. Noam Massad, Israel.
- Development contractor: Hisham Khmeisi, Hisham Group.
- Project management and supervision: Shirley Gazit and Gonen Pinhas, Nativ Engineering and Management Ltd.
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: Hawkins\Brown
Hawkins\Brown has completed the first phase of a masterplan to overhaul The City of London Freemen’s School in Ashtead, Surrey.
The works, which have been shortlisted for an RIBA South East 2015 Award, comprise a new boarding house and dedicated music school including practice rooms and a recital hall.
Image Courtesy © Tim Crocker
- Architects: Hawkins\Brown
- Project: The City of London Freemen’s School
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Tim Crocker
- Landscape Architect: BD Landscape
- Structure Engineer: HOP
- Design Stage Structural Engineer: Alan Baxter
- Quantity Surveyor: Capita
- CDM Coordinator: HCD
- M&E: Max Fordham
- Acoustics: Max Fordham
- Planning Consultant: Nathaniel Lichfield & Partners
- Main Contractor: Morgan Sindall