Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
Article source: LINJA ARCHITECTS LTD.
Kannisto School is the building for primary school, daycare centre, local community centre and local dental care. School is situated in the Marja-Vantaa area, which is the most significant new urban residential and business area to be emerged within the Helsinki Region. It will offer homes for some 30.000 inhabitants and 25.000 jobs in the future.
Image Courtesy © LINJA ARCHITECTS LTD.
- Architects: LINJA ARCHITECTS LTD.
- Project: Kannisto School
- Location: Vantaa, Finland
- Client: City of Vantaa
- Software used: designed mainly with AutoCad. 3D modelling with SketchUp.
Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Article source: DONAIRE ARQUITECTOS
Restoration of the “Los Reales de Almonte” Warehouse for use as a public library, and School of Arts (Music, Dance and Art). The project is centred on a warehouse registered as being of Cultural Interest.
It is situated in the “Culture City” in Almonte, next to the town’s new Theatre and enclosed within a public square.
Specifically, the library is located in a wine cellar, typical of the local area. The building is 78m long and 10,5m wide, with a total area of 821 m² The building is open on 3 sides.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: DONAIRE ARQUITECTOS
- Project: PUBLIC LIBRARY AND MUSIC SCHOOL
- Location: Almonte, Spain
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Project year: 2004-2010
- Client: Almonte Town Hall
- Area: 1.725,00 m²
- Budget: 828.214,10 €
- Architect authors: Juan Pedro Donaire Barbero
- Architect team: Jesús Núñez Bootello, Ignacio Núñez Bootello , Carmela Domínguez Asencio , Tibisay Cañas Fuentes , Beatriz Hacar Hernández , Juan Vega Espinar , David Rapado Moreno , Delia Pacheco Donaire , Pablo Baruc García Gómez.
- Engineering: Javier Drake Canela , Guillermo Márquez Villanueva, Alfonso Buiza Camacho.
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
Article source: Barclay & Crousse
The extension of the Visual Arts School of Lima supposes a challenge in different issues:
The relationship between old and new. The actual building is an architectural landmark, a very good example of neo-colonial architecture of the 1930’s The addition should be respectful of the existing building but we considered it should also be a testimony for XXIst century architecture in Lima.
Image Courtesy © Barclay & Crousse
- Architects: Barclay & Crousse
- Project: Corriente Alterna Visual Arts School
- Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
- Program: Extension of pedagogic facilities
- Project schedule: October 2006 – Mars 2007
- Construction schedule: may 2012 – December 2012
- Project authors: Sandra Barclay and Jean Pierre Crousse
- Structural Engineers: Zegarra-Yeckle
- Fluids: Manuel Chamorro
- Electricity and lighting: Diaz-Luy
- Client: Inversiones Alternas
- Contractor: EITAL S.A.
- Construction cost: 550 000 US$
- Site area: 1236 square meters
- Project size: 2280 square meters
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014
Article source: Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
Skive, Denmark. Invited competition 2014, 1st prize.
Krabbesholm Højskole is located in Skive, Denmark and was founded in 1885. The school has an international direction with students of many nationalities and five main subjects: Fine Arts, Architecture, Graphic Design, Product Design and Photography. The main building is Krabbesholm’s mansion dating from 1565 which has two wings. The latest additions realised in the 2000`s are the Four Boxes Gallery by Japanese Atelier Bow‐Wow, and the new studio buildings by New York‐based MOS Architects.
Image Courtesy © Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
- Architects: Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
- Project: Krabbesholm Højskole
- Location: Skive, Denmark
- Architects in Charge: Martin Videgård and Bolle Tham
- Team: Jonas Tjäder, Mia Nygren, Tomasz Pawluś
- Client: Krabbesholm Højskole, principal Kurt Finsten
- Area: 550 sqm
- Year: 2014
Friday, April 11th, 2014
Article source: archi5
On an abandoned suburb, the project made waking up every day to attend school under an outstanding green-roofed structure as a child’s right.
The Marcel Sembat High School offers technical education about motors and vehicle mechanics. It demands vast spaces with high ceilings and large surfaces. It’s located in a declining industrial suburb of the port of Rouen, France.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia, Thomas Jorion
- Architects: archi5
- Project: Marcel Sembat high school
- Location: Sottevillelès Rouen, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia, Thomas Jorion
- Software used: Autocad and Adobe Creative Suite
- Client: Haute Normandie district.
- Collaborators: B. Huidobro, IOSIS Ouest, SPEC, ABC Décibel
- Steel structure contractor: Constructions Métalliques Charondière
- Main contractor: Millery Colas
- Surface: 12 764 m2
- Cost: 35 320 318 Euros without taxes
- Time-table: competition winner October 2005 – Completion 2011
- Steel structure size: 83 x 141 m
- Steel structure weight: 1000 tons
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: Arkitektgruppen CUBUS
The rehabilitated Ny- Krohnborg school and nursery is the beating heart in a renewed neighbourhood
From site study to urban renewal process
In 2005 the architects in Arkitektgruppen CUBUS AS was asked to present a proposal for the conversion of a wartime bunker in a run-down neighbourhood to a local sports arena.
Image Courtesy © Hundven-Clements Photography
- Architects: Arkitektgruppen CUBUS
- Project: Ny-Krohnborg school
- Location: Rogagaten 9, 5055 Bergen
- Photography: Hundven-Clements Photography
- Opening date: august 2012
- Client / property developer: Bergen Municipality
- Consultant: Rambøll Norge
- Project manager: Multiconsult AS
- Site manager: Opak AS
- Main contractor: Brødrene Ulveseth AS
- Client contact: Sverre Færevåg (Bergen municipality)
- New building: 3860m2.
- Rehabilitated school building: 6400m2.
- Outdoor area: 6300m2
Thursday, February 20th, 2014
Article source: Coldefy & Associés Architectes Ubranistes
Collège Lucie Aubrac is the first secondary school in the region to achieve the BBC label (Low Consumption Building). The project is located in the western part of the city of Tourcoing, in a primarily residential neighborhood along with some educational and social amenities. Due to its remarkable location at the edge of the city, along with its tranquil monumentality, the new school adds a new magnitude to the entry to the city. By opening up to two major axes, Industrial Boulevard and the street Fin de la guerre, the new building draws from the best of the natural conditions of the site.
Image Courtesy © Julien Lanoo
- Architects: Coldefy & Associés Architectes Ubranistes
- Project: COLLÈGE LUCIE AUBRAC
- Location: Tourcoing, France
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Client : Conseil Général du Nord
- Project area: 10,382 sqm
- Year : 2013
- Project manager : Laurence Ployaert
- Structural Engineering : Bérim, Solener (HEQ)
- Landscape Architect : Pergame
- Interior designer : Anne-Sophie Motte
- Economist : NP Ingénierie
- Acoustician : Daniel Caucheteux
- Construction company : Ramery
Wednesday, February 19th, 2014
Article source: C+S Architects
1.14 is a team, a group of educators, work to support families taking care of their children after the school hours and during holidays. 1.14 use a new pedagogical approach, which is different according to the age of the children: from 1 to 6 year old everything is worked out as a game.
Detail of the entrance, Image Courtesy © Alessandra Bello
- Architects: C+S Architects
- Project: 1.14 The Kite
- Photography: Alessandra Bello and Pietro Savorelli
- Architecture and landscape: Carlo Cappai, Maria Alessandra Segantini, C+S Architects
- C+S team: Davide Testi, Alessandro Pizzolato. Fabrizio Maiorana
- Site supervision: Davide Testi
- Structures: Toso Riccio Ingegneria
- MEP: Luca Bovo, Nicola Pizzo
- Security: Davide Testi
- Management and budget control: Davide Testi
- Client: Chiaramente srl
- General contractor: Ager co srl
Wednesday, February 19th, 2014
Article source: gabriel verd arquitectos
The School of San Julian is located in the town center of Marmolejo, has two old building of the years 70th and 60th built in a rectangular plot with an area of 8,741 m2. The works consisted in building a new Gymnasium and adapting the old centre to the new schools regulations.
Image Courtesy © gabriel verd arquitectos
- Architects: gabriel verd arquitectos with Simone Salinas
- Project: Rehabilitation of the Primary Educational Centre “San Julián”
- Location: Jaén, Spain
- 2008 August: competition
- 2010 May: draft
- 2011 June: end of work
- Structures (structures): Santiago Bermejo Oroz
- Technical Architects (Technical Architect): Eduardo Vázquez
- Promoter: ISE Andalucía, Infrastructure and Educational Services , Ministry of Education of the Andalusian
- Builder: JUBUCONSA
- Total Built: (Built surface) 3,421 m²
- Construction cost (cost): 1,859,945 Euros