Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Article source: bassetti architects
Raisbeck Aviation High School was conceived as a response to Highline School District’s proximity to the aviation industry, a deep desire to give students access to college and engineering professions, and an educational vision that melds hands-on, project-based learning with academic rigor. The new 400-student STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) school enables students to flourish through co-location with the Museum of Flight and immersion in aerospace and aviation. The design supports this program physically, visually, and symbolically with project labs for aircraft and robotics construction, state-of-the-art science labs, classrooms, and a multi-purpose gathering space. Even the image of the school reflects its mission with its streamlined, carefully crafted form, inspired by the leading edge of a wing.
Image Courtesy © bassetti architects
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Article source: Mahlum Architects
Nathan Hale is a progressive, public high school known for its collaborative, presentation-based curriculum and strong community connection. This significant facility modernization and addition to the 1960’s structure creates a flexible teaching facility that puts student life at the center of the school and unites the campus community.The design allows the building to breathe fresh air and daylight while respecting the existing structural rhythm. Light-filled halls and classrooms, as well the building transparency, express the school’s values and provide a healthy, inspirational environment.
Image Courtesy © Benjamin Benschneider
- Architects: Mahlum Architects
- Project: Nathan Hale High School Modernization
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Photography: Benjamin Benschneider
Monday, September 8th, 2014
Article source: Creative Group
In a day and age where wide open spaces are hard to come by, Prof. Charanjit Shah pushed the envelope of GEMS school nurturing students in a beautiful green campus right in the heart of the smart city, Kochi. The school’s approach to learning is one which focuses not only on academic excellence but also in helping students develop their character, creativity, values, personal leadership and the spirit of enterprise necessary for them to achieve their full potential as global citizens and leaders of the future.
Image Courtesy © Creative Group
- Architects: Creative Group
- Project: GEMS School
- Location: Kochi, India
- Software used: AUTOCAD and Sketchup
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Article source: L3P Architekten
Diverse operational and economic considerations led to the development of a new kindergarten on the north side of the already existing primary school in Weiach. The new development was realised from pre-fabricated wooden elements. A child-friendly, delicate façade made from artificial lawn naturally moulds into the colour tones of straw gold, red kraut and olive green in the rural village centre and stimulates playful dialogue.
Image Courtesy © Sabrina Scheja
- Architects: L3P Architekten
- Project: New Weiach Kindergarten Development
- Location: Weiach, Switzerland
- Photography: Sabrina Scheja, CH-9435 Heerbrugg
- Constructor: SchuleWeiach, CH-8187 Weiach
- Landscape Designer: BütikoferSchaffrathLandschaftsarchitekten BSLA BDLA SIA, CH-8134 Adliswil, 6300 Zug, 8645 Jona, 7000 Chur
- Wood Construction Planer: Legniplangmbh, Ernst Kropf, CH-8306 Brüttisellen
- Building Engineer: Lucio Schiavi + Partner AG, CH-8180 Bülach
- Building Physicist: WichserAkustik&Bauphysik AG, Zurich
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Article source: GUBBINS ARQUITECTOS
The building is placed in southern Panguipulli. It pretends to strengthen a nice place for the kids, respectful with human and city scale. An architecture that either being contemporary reminds shapes and groupings typical of the southern Chilean architecture, it is sustainable, able of being in contact with its surroundings, and that due to the buildings that are around the terrainare generated the necessary spaces for the teaching.
Image Courtesy © MARCOS MENDIZABAL
- Architects: GUBBINS ARQUITECTOS
- Project: EDIFICIO ESCUELA MANUEL ANABALON SAEZ
- Location: Panguipulli, Chile
- Photography: MARCOS MENDIZABAL
- Software used: Autocad, Sketch up
- COLLABORATORS: DANIELA TORM, ANDRES CEA, PABLO MONTECINOS
- PROJECT YEAR: 2009
- BUILDING YEAR: 2011-2013
- LAND SURFACE: 13960 M2
- BUILT SURFACE: 3800 M2
- STRUCTURAL INGINEER: MAURICIO ABELLA
- SOIL INGENIEERS: MANUEL RUZ
- SERVICES CONSULTANT: PATRICIO MOYA
- ELECTRICITY CONSULTANT: CARLOS GANA
- CLIMATE CONSULTANT: PABLO SILLS
- ACOUSTIC CONSULTAN: MARIO HUAQUIN
- CLIMA CONSULTANT: OSVALDO BUSTAMANTE
Thursday, August 14th, 2014
Article source: Ackermann+Raff
The new high school project was developed in cooperation with the German NGO Projekt Burma. It is financed by donations and all participants involved are volunteers except the workers on site. The aim was to design a new building, which is not like the common school standard but more creative with a sustainable concept, which can be adapted by the locals.
Image Courtesy © Ackermann+Raff
- Architects: Ackermann+Raff
- Project: High School Thazin
- Location: Ayeyarwady Region, Myanmar
- Start of planning process: April 2013
- Construction: October 2013 – February 2014
- Costs: ca. ca. 90.000 USD, financed by donations
- Usable net space: approx. 500 qm
- Client: Projekt Burma e.V.
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Article source: Martin Lejarraga Architect
The transformation of the complex (buildings and surroundings) of the old School our Lady of the Rosary” into the new Centre CECOCRE has been made with a very special tool, a construction training Workshop for young people, composed of 37 members, who made available to the project the practical objectives of its program.
Image Courtesy © Martin Lejarraga Architect
- Architects: Martin Lejarraga Architect
- Project: Renovation of the old School “Our lady of the Rosary”
- Location: Torre-Pacheco, Spain
- Property/Promotor: City of Torre Pacheco
- Program: New Center for Knowledge and Creation (CECOCRE)
- Renovation surface: 1.309 m2c
- Urbanized surface: 6.271 m2u
- Project date: November 2011
- Work ending date: April 2014
Friday, July 18th, 2014
Article source: Pierre Vurpas et Associés Architectes
The project is situated in the town of Fleurieux sur l’Arbresle, in the Rhône region of France, on a former wine-producing estate: The Domaine du Chêne. The undulating terrain, with its swathes of majestic trees, overlooks the Monts du Lyonnais hills and offers breathtaking views as well as an advantageous southern aspect. The chateau, formerly a bourgeois residence, takes centre stage at the very heart of the grounds.
Image Courtesy © Studio Erick SAILLET
- Architects: Pierre Vurpas et Associés Architectes
- Project: The Ecole du Chêne
- Location: France
- Photography: Studio Erick SAILLET
- Project Management Assistance- Operations Supervisor: Amome Conseil
- Project Management Assistance: NP Conseil
- Economist: Pierre VURPAS et Associés Architectes
- Structural engineering: ADIS Ingéniérie
Image Courtesy © Studio Erick SAILLET
- Fluid engineering: HELAIR Ingéniérie
- Quality and Environment engineering: LI SUN Environnement
- Building control: Alpes Controles
- Health and Safety coordinator: Dekra
- Cost of work: €3.5 million ex. VAT
- Surface area: 3,030m2 of which 1,806m2 new build + 1,224m2 renovated
- Delivery date: July 2013
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Pfp architekten bda
The new school of Piazza delle Erbe is part of the Urban Renewal Programme of Porta Soprana and San Donato in the historic center of Genoa. The school rises on the urban voids caused by the bombing which destroyed some monumental buildings and homes in the entire area between via di Porta Soprana and Mezzagalera alley. The new building is composed of several floors and will accommodate just under 500 children of the primary and secondary school. In the uppers floors are located the classrooms, whereas in the ground floor there are the secretariat, the canteen and a music room. The outdoor areas are obtained on the terrace, which opens on a breathtaking view of the city.
Image Courtesy © Anna Positano
- Architects: Pfp architekten bda
- Project: NEW SCHOOL IN PIAZZA DELLE ERBE
- Location: PIAZZA DELLE ERBE, ITALY
- Photographers: Anna Positano, Andrea Bosio
- Competition: 1996_1st prize
- Beginning of construction: 2010
- End of construction: 2014
- Client: Comune di Genova
- Surface: 7011 m2
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Miguel Montor
As a follow-up of the master renovation plan for the Nuevo Continente School, campus Queretaro, comes the opportunity for this new exercise which corresponds to the pre-school building.
It is one of the key pieces for the school’s image, since it is not only the pre-school building, but it is the piece through which people enter the complex. It is also the direct contact with the city, taking full dialogue with the urban strip, which, though shy, is already present all the way to this side of the city.
Image Courtesy © Moritz Bernoully – Onnis Luque
- Architects: Miguel Montor
- Project: Nuevo Continente Pre-school
- Location: Celaya, Mexico
- Photography: Moritz Bernoully – Onnis Luque
- Promoter: Fabric – Lorenzo Farfán.
- Structural Design: Juan José Larios.
- Constructor: Juvencio Álvarez.
- Landscape: Entorno – Hugo Sánchez y Tonatiuh Martínez.
- Year: 2012.
- Project area: 1700m²