Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Thursday, August 14th, 2014
Article source: Ackermann+Raff
The new high school project was developed in cooperation with the German NGO Projekt Burma. It is financed by donations and all participants involved are volunteers except the workers on site. The aim was to design a new building, which is not like the common school standard but more creative with a sustainable concept, which can be adapted by the locals.
Image Courtesy © Ackermann+Raff
- Architects: Ackermann+Raff
- Project: High School Thazin
- Location: Ayeyarwady Region, Myanmar
- Start of planning process: April 2013
- Construction: October 2013 – February 2014
- Costs: ca. ca. 90.000 USD, financed by donations
- Usable net space: approx. 500 qm
- Client: Projekt Burma e.V.
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Article source: Martin Lejarraga Architect
The transformation of the complex (buildings and surroundings) of the old School our Lady of the Rosary” into the new Centre CECOCRE has been made with a very special tool, a construction training Workshop for young people, composed of 37 members, who made available to the project the practical objectives of its program.
Image Courtesy © Martin Lejarraga Architect
- Architects: Martin Lejarraga Architect
- Project: Renovation of the old School “Our lady of the Rosary”
- Location: Torre-Pacheco, Spain
- Property/Promotor: City of Torre Pacheco
- Program: New Center for Knowledge and Creation (CECOCRE)
- Renovation surface: 1.309 m2c
- Urbanized surface: 6.271 m2u
- Project date: November 2011
- Work ending date: April 2014
Friday, July 18th, 2014
Article source: Pierre Vurpas et Associés Architectes
The project is situated in the town of Fleurieux sur l’Arbresle, in the Rhône region of France, on a former wine-producing estate: The Domaine du Chêne. The undulating terrain, with its swathes of majestic trees, overlooks the Monts du Lyonnais hills and offers breathtaking views as well as an advantageous southern aspect. The chateau, formerly a bourgeois residence, takes centre stage at the very heart of the grounds.
Image Courtesy © Studio Erick SAILLET
- Architects: Pierre Vurpas et Associés Architectes
- Project: The Ecole du Chêne
- Location: France
- Photography: Studio Erick SAILLET
- Project Management Assistance- Operations Supervisor: Amome Conseil
- Project Management Assistance: NP Conseil
- Economist: Pierre VURPAS et Associés Architectes
- Structural engineering: ADIS Ingéniérie
Image Courtesy © Studio Erick SAILLET
- Fluid engineering: HELAIR Ingéniérie
- Quality and Environment engineering: LI SUN Environnement
- Building control: Alpes Controles
- Health and Safety coordinator: Dekra
- Cost of work: €3.5 million ex. VAT
- Surface area: 3,030m2 of which 1,806m2 new build + 1,224m2 renovated
- Delivery date: July 2013
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Pfp architekten bda
The new school of Piazza delle Erbe is part of the Urban Renewal Programme of Porta Soprana and San Donato in the historic center of Genoa. The school rises on the urban voids caused by the bombing which destroyed some monumental buildings and homes in the entire area between via di Porta Soprana and Mezzagalera alley. The new building is composed of several floors and will accommodate just under 500 children of the primary and secondary school. In the uppers floors are located the classrooms, whereas in the ground floor there are the secretariat, the canteen and a music room. The outdoor areas are obtained on the terrace, which opens on a breathtaking view of the city.
Image Courtesy © Anna Positano
- Architects: Pfp architekten bda
- Project: NEW SCHOOL IN PIAZZA DELLE ERBE
- Location: PIAZZA DELLE ERBE, ITALY
- Photographers: Anna Positano, Andrea Bosio
- Competition: 1996_1st prize
- Beginning of construction: 2010
- End of construction: 2014
- Client: Comune di Genova
- Surface: 7011 m2
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Miguel Montor
As a follow-up of the master renovation plan for the Nuevo Continente School, campus Queretaro, comes the opportunity for this new exercise which corresponds to the pre-school building.
It is one of the key pieces for the school’s image, since it is not only the pre-school building, but it is the piece through which people enter the complex. It is also the direct contact with the city, taking full dialogue with the urban strip, which, though shy, is already present all the way to this side of the city.
Image Courtesy © Moritz Bernoully – Onnis Luque
- Architects: Miguel Montor
- Project: Nuevo Continente Pre-school
- Location: Celaya, Mexico
- Photography: Moritz Bernoully – Onnis Luque
- Promoter: Fabric – Lorenzo Farfán.
- Structural Design: Juan José Larios.
- Constructor: Juvencio Álvarez.
- Landscape: Entorno – Hugo Sánchez y Tonatiuh Martínez.
- Year: 2012.
- Project area: 1700m²
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The new Herningsholm Vocational School asserts itself as an independent building in an existing campus cluster of educational buildings. The school is designed inside-out-with a focus on the creation of optimal learning and study environments-as well as outside-in, in relation to the surrounding context where welcoming urban spaces provide possibilities for outdoor work and teaching.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: Herningsholm Vocational School
- Location: Herning, Denmark
- Client: Herningsholm Vocational School
- Address: Herning, Denmark
- Architect: C.F. Møller Architects
- Landscape architect: C.F. Møller Landscape
- Engineer: COWI
- Year: 2014
- Size: 4700 m2
- Awards: 1st. prize in architectural competition, 2014
Friday, June 6th, 2014
Article source: Foldes Architects
The time-honored brick building of the Toldy High School was built on the slope of the Castle Hill in 1859 in neo-gothic style. The neighboring plot was designated for the extension of the school with a gymnasium.
The new building consists of four functional units: gymnasium, lobby, changing rooms, medical wing.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Haider
- Architects: Foldes Architects
- Project: Gymnasium of the Toldy High School
- Photography: Andrea Haider, Janos Szentivani
Saturday, May 31st, 2014
Article source: RIPOLLTIZON
The School Complex (provides primary and secondary school levels) is located in the outskirts of Binnisalem urban fabric. The plot is located along a suburban road named “Camí de Pedaç” on which the urban planning has concentrated a heterogeneous mix of typologies, including diverse row houses, detached blocks and urban facilities.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: RIPOLLTIZON
- Project: BINISSALEM SCHOOL COMPLEX
- Location: Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Architect In Charge: Pep Ripoll – Juan Miguel Tizón
- Collaborators: Xisco Sevilla (architect)
- Quantity Surveyor: Toni Arqué
- IBISEC Collaborators: Juan Vanrell (architect IBISEC), José Juan Amengual (quantity surveyor IBISEC)
- Structural Engineer: Jorge Martín
- Building Services E: TIIS Ingeniería
- Client: Institut d’Infraestructures i Serveis Educatius i Cultural (IBISEC)
- Contractors: PROINOSA
- Project Area: 3.166 sqm
- Budget: 2.060.064 EUR
- Start of Design: 2005
- Year of Completion: 2011
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
Article source: Babled Nouvet Reynaud Architectes
An Intervention Embedded in the Cityscape and the Landscape.
The project establishes a simple continuity with its surrounding context of urban renewal. Its construction completes a twofold environment whose variants are initiated on the site:
The Built Setting: At the north and east ends, the proposed extension—a volume on the second storey—is delicately articulated by a clear break with the existing structure. It is in synch with the alignments initiated by the elementary school, and offers a noble facade towards the parkway which serves the institutions.
Image Courtesy © Babled Nouvet Reynaud Architectes
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Article source: TANK ARCHITECTES
The school complex Buffon is the rehabilitation and extension of existing school equipment, dating from the seventies and combining nursery and elementary schools, respecting German label Passivhaus. The project redefined the new unit around a sweet and sensitive materiality favoring the use of wood and prefabrication. The project balances between opening towards the popular district around and Child Protection within the school. Spaces are requalified to offer a generous relationship outside.
Image Courtesy © Julien Lanoo
- Architects: TANK ARCHITECTES (Olivier Camus & Lydéric Veauvy)
- Project: SCHOOL COMPLEX BUFFON
- Location: Roubaix, France
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Collaborating architect: Franck Landrot, TANK ARCHITECTES
- Completion date: Delivered december 2011
- Site area: 5 560 sqm
- Construction area: 4 160 sqm
- Cost: 9.5 M € HT
- Materials of façade: wood
- General contractor: Ramery Bâtiment
- Structure: Most
- Engineering: Sodeg Ingénierie
- Kitchens: Beha Legrand
- Sustainable: dvlpt Solener