Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Thursday, January 16th, 2014
Article source: Foster + Partners
Inspired by Yale School of Management’s reinvention of business school education and pioneering integrated curriculum, the new Edward P. Evans Hall combines world-class teaching facilities with inspirational social spaces. The design unites Yale’s faculty departments in a single location for the first time and brings a high level of transparency to the traditionally enclosed college courtyard, creating a green heart for the campus community, which is visible throughout the school.
Image Courtesy © Chuck Choi
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Yale School of Management’s new Edward P. Evans Hall
- Photography: Chuck Choi
Friday, January 10th, 2014
Article source: Herbertarchitekten
herbertarchitekten are currently planning a boarding school for the Bildungs- und Technologiezentrum für Elektro- und Informationstechnik e.V. in Lauterbach, Germany . The new building replaces an existing building.
A previously conducted feasibility study brought the result that the reconstruction and modernization of the existing building is not economical.
Image Courtesy © Herbertarchitekten
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: Mikou Design Studio
The Docks school in Saint Ouen is in a strategic urban location, in the middle of the Zac des Docks mixed development area, which an exemplary case of sustainable urban development.
Located in the middle of an urban complex composed mainly of high-rise office blocks and housing, it will also be visible because of its roof, a fundamental feature of the project onto which the openings of neighbouring buildings face.
Image Courtesy © FLORIAN KLEINEFENN
- Architects: Mikou Design Studio
- Project: Zero Energy school
- Location: SAINT-OUEN, FRANCE
- Photography: FLORIAN KLEINEFENN
- Client: City of Saint-Ouen
- Programme: Elementary school, preschool, sports and recreation center, restaurant, administration
- Surface: 4 820 m²
- Status complete: october 2013
- Team: Salwa Mikou – Cecile Jalby – Miguel Allen Valença
- Structural Engineer: BERIM
- Services Engineer: BERIM
- Quantity Surveyor: SLETEC
- Main Contractor: URBAINE DES TRAVAUX / GROUPE FAYAT
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013
Article source: Elisa Valero Ramos
The Dominican School in Ogíjares occupies a well-constructed 19th-century building that originally a country house.
The construction consists of three wings around an interior central patio with four sides of unequal depth. The façade is extended to include the entryway to a romantic garden with important cypress, palm and pomegranate trees.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: Elisa Valero Ramos
- Project: Dominican School
- Location: Ogíjares, Granada
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Client: Santa María del Llano School
- Building surveyor: Rufino Manuel Quesada Molina
- Collaborator: Leonardo Tapiz Buzarra, architect
- Constructor: Parejo Anguita S.L.
- Project, Work: may 2012, september 2012
- Operated surface: 931.50 m2
- Software used: AutoCad
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
Article source: Studioninedots
Innovative school concept becomes realityin Amsterdam East
The school of the 21st century needs to satisfy a long list of demands, some of which seem at first to be contradictory. It needs to have character and function as an anchoring point within the neighbourhood. It must be multifunctional, flexible, energy-efficient, sustainable, affordable, and possible to build within just a few months. Impossible? No. In fact, it was recently completed: the Integraal Kindcentrum (Integral Child Centre, IKC) Zeeburgereiland in Amsterdam, designed by Studioninedots. The building was opened on 29 November.
Image Courtesy © Peter Cuypers
- Architects: Studioninedots
- Project: Innovative school
- Location: Zeeburgereiland, Amsterdam
- Photography: Peter Cuypers
- Client: Stadsdeel Oost / Gemeente Amsterdam
- Type: Primary School, 2800m2 phase 1. with 600m2 extension
- Plot: 2.400 m2
- Design-completion: 2012-2013
- Status: completed
- Designteam: Albert Herder, Vincent van der Klei, Arie van der Neut, Metin van Zijl.
- Projectteam: Daniel Aw, Jarno van Essen, Monika Pieroth, Eliano Felício, Pedro Piernas.
- Contractor & developer: Verlaat Uden Bouwsystemen
- Furniture: Metnils
Friday, November 29th, 2013
Article source: JOLY&LOIRET ARCHITECTURAL AGENCY
The Václav Havel school group, located at the heart of the GINKO sustainable neighbourhood in Bordeaux, is aligned with the surrounding facades and is in keeping with the size of other buildings in the area (three storeys). The school group is surrounded by green areas which provide continuity with the ZAC GINKO’s landscaped spaces.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: JOLY&LOIRET ARCHITECTURAL
- Project: Les Trois Mondes School Group
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Contractor: Ville de Bordeaux
- Project management: Joly&Loiret (leads architects and HQE)
- Landscape architects: Atelier de paysageGastel
- Surface area: 5020 m2 SHON
- Cost of works: 11 M€ HT
- Delivered: 2012
- Software used: Autocad
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Article source: Colboc Franzen & Associés
The art of dentistry on an occupied site
In the suburbs of Tours, in the late 80s, a large concrete vessel dedicated to teaching was constructed, the Jacques de Vaucanson High School. It affirms an orthogonal composition of geometric shape, relayed by a work of genius on the cuts, displaying an absolute belief in the architecture. But this act of bravery has been overtaken by time. The areas of activity have eroded the surrounding land, low maintenance budgets have prematurely aged it, thermal standards have changed, and the number of students will increase: it must be restructured.
Image Courtesy © Cécile Septet
- Architects: Colboc Franzen & Associés
- Project: JACQUES DE VAUCANSON HIGH SCHOOL
- Location: TOURS, France
- Photography: Cécile Septet
- Client: Centre Regional Council
- Budget: €5,230,000 excluding all tax
- Net floor: 1,200 m² for building and 1,950 m² for restructuring
Team project management:
- Architects agent: Colboc Franzen & Associés (Benjamin Colboc, Manuela Franzen et Arnaud Sachet)
- Project manager: Floriane Bataillard
- Mission: base et exe partial
Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The international school in Ikast-Brande (ISIB) has inaugurated a new 2,600 m2 building, which includes a school, after-school and kindergarten. C.F. Møller has designed the complex like a small town with individual volumes located around a square and winding streets.
Image Courtesy © Martin Schubert
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: International School
- Location: Ikast, Denmark
- Photography: Martin Schubert, Julian Weyer
- Client: ISIB Ejendomsselskab A/S
- Landscape architect: C.F. Møller Landscape
- Engineer: Midtconsult
- Contractor: KPC
- Size: 2600 m2
- Year: 2012-2013
Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Article source: M artı D Mimarlık
As its corporate social responsibility project, the Automotive Industry Exporters Union has targeted at establishment of a school to encounter the need for qualified employees in the sector and the initials steps for this school to be registered under the Ministry of Education have been taken in 2008.
Image Courtesy © Cemal Emden
- Architects: M artı D Mimarlık
- Project: TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRIAL VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- Location: Bursa-Nilüfer, Turkey
- Photography: Cemal Emden
Project Design Phase
- Date of start – Date of Completion: 11. 2008 -02. 2009
- Date of Start – Date of Completion:06. 2009 – 08. 2010
- Employer: UİB Otomotiv Endüstrisi İhracatçıları, Birliği (UIB Automotive Industry Exporters Union)
- Architectural Group: Metin Kılıç, Dürrin Süer
- Supervisor: Deniz Güner
Other Project Groups
- Static Project: Tamer Paker
- Electrical Project: Namık Onmu
- Mechanical Project: Ekrem Evren
- Total area of Construction: 32.000 m2
- Size of Covered Area (m2): 32.000 m2
- Type of Construction: Mixed steel and reinforced concrete system
Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Article source: Banker Wire
Lewisville School District’s oldest – but newly renovated – school now features Banker Wire stainless steel wire mesh. The company provides sleek and durable infill panels for the school’s stairways and hallway balconies.
Lewisville High School, founded in 1897, is undergoing a large-scale, multi-phase renovation as part of the district’s efforts to provide high-quality educational facilities to its growing student population. Implementation of that plan involved installing Banker Wire railing infill panels in the school’s hallways.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Architects: Banker Wire
- Project: Lewisville High School