Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Thursday, June 21st, 2012
Article source: Archi5
The planning and design of this refurbishment and extension project is the result of a very careful analysis of the context. The school faced several problems caused by the overlapping uses of space by several programmes, leading to confusion in traffic flow and hindered visibility of the nursery school and its access from Carnot Boulevard.
Image Courtesy Thomas Jorion
- Architects: Archi5
- Project: Groupe Scolaire Lamoricière
- Location: Paris XIIe, France
- Client : City of Paris.
- Surface : 3 180 m²
- Cost : 7 165 000 € Excl tax.
- Timetable : Competition prize winner oct. 2007 – completion sept. 2011
- Architecture and urbanism agency : archi5prod
- Photographers : Thomas Jorion et Fabien Terreaux
Wednesday, June 20th, 2012
Article source: J M Carvalho Araújo Arquitectura e Design, S.A
The intervention uses part of the existing buildings, primarily structural elements and some facades. We used this preexistence to provoke an initial impetus for the project, creating greater diversity.
We had particular interest in the idea of evolution from a school type to an identity school, based on the context of urban integration, perception of school as a symbolic element, in its outstanding features and a general understanding of the school principal, that had clear ideas about the operation and image of the school. This development process generated a building with its own code, like DNA, something individual and unique, identity or personality.
Image Courtesy Hugo Carvalho Araújo
- Architects: J M Carvalho Araújo Arquitectura e Design, S.A
- Project: Escola Secundária de Lousada (ESL)
- Location: Lousada, Portugal
- Client: Parque Escolar, EPE
- Date: 2008 – 2010
- Team: José Manuel Carvalho Araújo, Joel Moniz, Sandra Ferreira, Ricardo Tojal, Álvaro Pereira, Pedro Mendes, Ana Vilar, Ana Carvalho
- Landscape Design: João Bicho e Joana Carneiro
Thursday, June 14th, 2012
Article source: Eva Samuel Architects
In the district of the Olympics, the reconstruction of the kindergarten takes the shape of a toy gleaming between the towers and bars nearby. She participates in the revival of an operation planning, control of the 60/70, dense, and mixed functional. In this lively neighborhood, the city undertook a project of land consolidation and redevelopment of outdoor spaces. The school, tiny among the towers, intends to play its role in this context: enhancing the image of the equipment and resist the overwhelming presence of nearby buildings and pervasiveness of the concrete.
École Maternelle Javelot
- Architects: Eva Samuel Architects
- Project: École Maternelle Javelot
- Location:Paris, France
- Owner: Paris City Hall
- Project Management: E. Samuel Architecte & Associés, S. Romain Architecte, S. Dirvariu, F. Laheurte Assistants, Forgue, Économiste, Evp, Structure, Bethac, Fluide, Arwytec, Cuisiniste, Rfr Elements, Hqe Ayda, Acoustique
- Programme: Ecole Maternelle / 8 Classes, Restauration Scolaire, Rehab.Lourde
- Surface: 2 400 M²
- Budget: 8,5 ME
- Livraison: 2011
- Entreprise: EIFFAGE
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: Diederendirrix architects
diederendirrix wins the architect selection for the Community School Reigerlaan Eindhoven!
Community School Reigerlaan Eindhoven aims to be the new name for school where several functions will be housed. Currently, the building is only in use as a elementary school. The existing buildings on the site consists of a monumental building and an outbuilding (nursery school) plus temporary units with 6 classrooms. The main building and outbuilding are registered as national monument, dating from 1915 and 1927 respectively.
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012
Article source: Juana Canet Arquitectos
The project responds to the idea of extending the school with a multipurpose room in an adjacent plot which should be connected internally and have an independent entrance from the street.
The plot is rectangular in a 4:1 proportion and the aim is to have a whole 7 meter span open space with natural light and crossed ventilation. In order to achieve that the façade will have to provide as much light as possible and skylights will need to be incorporated in the roofing and on top of the internal staircase. The multipurpose room will be connected in two different levels with the school, at ground level through an ascendant staircase and at roofing level through a descending ramp.
- Architects: Juana Canet Arquitectos
- Project: Chromatic Play
- Location: Housing development in Bendinat, Mallorc, Spain
- Type: Multipurpose classroom primary school
- Team: Juana Canet arquitectos;
- Client: Hermanos de la Sagrada Familia (SAFA)
- Constractor: NACAM s.l.
- Surface: 167,98 m2
- Contract value: 208.198,20 €
- Data: Completed September 2011
- Software used: Autocad,3d max, Photoshop, Rhino
Sunday, June 10th, 2012
Article source: SVArquitectura
The general object is the refurbishment and extension of the Secondary School ‘Garrotxa’ and its department for job-training enclosing new units of classrooms and workshops for training courses. Finally a new sports hall with multipurpose-character for social events completes the complex.
Image Courtesy Beat Marugg
- Architects: SVArquitectura
- Project: Secondary School, Vocational Training Center ‘IES Garrotxa’
- Location: Highway Riudaura, no. 110, Olot, La Garrotxa. Girona
- Department or agency encarrega the project: INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SA
- Department or agency receiving the work: DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION The Government of Catalonia
- Owner of the land or building: CITY OF OLOT
- Execution: 2007 – 2009
- Author: SANTIAGO VIVES Sanfeliu
Saturday, June 9th, 2012
Article source: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The school is distinguished by its spatial organization and design of the facades of their surroundings. The free form differentiates the building from its environment of rigid social housing characterizing the area ‘Province de France’ in Nanterre. There is a relationship point of view (a view relation) with the Paris business district La Défense. The highly frequented, Route Nationale 314 runs west to the school building. The site was excavated and earth mound planted.
Groupe scolaire Lucie Aubrac
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: Groupe Scolaire Lucie Aubrac
- Location: Allée de Bourgogne, Nanterre
- Client: Mairie de Nanterre
- Project team leader: DI Katja Pargger
- Team planning: Mathias Neveling, Anna Zottl, An Vranken, Markus Himmel, Jeanne Stern, Maria Joao Pita
- Team Competition: DI Katja Pargger, chef de projet; Barbara Fellmann, DI Dorit Boehme, Petra Meisenbichler
Friday, June 1st, 2012
Article source: LR Architectes
The existing school is located along the main road in the heart of a Belgian village called Barvaux-Condroz, The school is in direct dialogue with the church. It has a widely open view at the back and an open area on the east side of the plot.
The school expansion and renovation project includes the following:
– On the existing building, the south orientation of the rear façade opens on the playground and the landscape, whereas the north façade is relatively closed.
– The position of the entrance to the school is a fundamental question. The present location of the pedestrian crossing and the analysis of safe access to the car park for parents led us to exploit the free zone on the east gable.
Image Courtesy m. van coile
- Architects: LR Architectes
- Project: School Barvaux-Condroz
- Location: Barvaux-Condroz, Belgium
- Client: Local administration
- Date: 2008-2011
- Status: Built
- Stability: bureau Delvaux
- Technics: solyremi
- Surface: 600 m²
- Photo credit: m. van coile
Wednesday, May 30th, 2012
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
The district of Sterrenburg is located on the south side of Dordrecht and was largely built during the 1960s and 1970s. It is a sizable district with 21,000 residents and a generous share of parks, gardens and other green areas; it is also very close to the historical natural conservancy areas on the ‘Island’ of Dordrecht. The new building for KIEM will be built on the northern edge of the area on the De Sitterstraat. The school’s joint name covers five separate branches of education, care and medical science. De Vlij is a ‘Mytyl’ school for children with a physical disability or multiple disabilities, the Blije Gaarde, a school for children with serious learning issues and the Dordtse Buitenschool for children with long-term illnesses.
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: KIEM onderwijs met zorg
- Location: Dordrecht, The Netherlands
- Design: 2010-2011
- Execution: 2011-2013
- Client: SPON, Dordrecht
- Project management: ICS Adviseurs, Amsterdam
- Structural engineer: JVZ Raadgevend Ingenieursburo bv, Deventer
- Mechanical engineer: DHV, Den Haag
- Electrical engineer: DHV, Den Haag
- Building costs consultant: Bremen Bouwadviseurs b.v., Rotterdam
- Program: 5,322 m² school for separate branches of education (multiple disabilities, long-term illnesses and learning issues), care and medical science, including preschool and after-school activities and sports facilities.
Thursday, May 24th, 2012
Article source: Daniel Bonilla Arquitectos
The High School building completes the group of classroom-buildings; therefore it resumes the usual typology of the existing buildings, a central open space and peripheral classrooms. It’s also chosen to use brick walls, the prevailing material in the school. The particular variation consists in developing a sinuous atrium with an internal garden. The exterior is defined by two closed sides facing the large green extensions, and by two glass facades with vertical sun shields where the classrooms operate.
Image Courtesy Rodrigo Dávila
- Architects: Daniel Bonilla Arquitectos
- Project: High School Classroom Building – Colegio Los Nogales
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Client: Corporación colegio Los Nogales
- Area: 2.286 m2
- Date of construction: Noviembre 2009 – Agosto 2010
- Photographer: Rodrigo Dávila
- Design team: Daniel Bonilla, Andres Gutierrez , Melissa Betancourt, Juan Felipe Herrera, + Oficina de Proyectos Arquitectónicos /OPA