Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Saturday, September 29th, 2012
Article source: Arup Associates
The Druk White Lotus School is located in the Indus Valley, Northern India. An environment of extremes, and lying at 3,500m above sea level, this is a high-altitude desert landscape where temperatures fall to -30 degrees Celcius in winter; for about five months of each year the region is cut off from the rest of India by snow.
The challenge was to create a centre of local culture, education and communication that integrates the region of Ladakh’s unique cultural and architectural heritage with appropriate opportunities to be found in contemporary design.
Image Courtesy © Arup Associates
- Architects: Arup Associates
- Project: Druk White Lotus School
- Location: Indus Valley, India
- Project Completion Date: 2011
Saturday, September 29th, 2012
Article source: Trapez Architektur Dirk Landwehr
Orientation, scale and the reference to the diversity of outdoor spaces were factors determining the form of the new school building. The historically listed existing structure was the starting point of a new ensemble of buildings which were lined up and rotated to form the central organizing principle, an ‘inner-path’ providing not only for circulation, but also break-out areas providing a variety of functions.
Image Courtesy © Trapez Architektur Dirk Landwehr
Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
Article source: javier de las heras solé arquitecte
The aim of this project is the alteration and extension of IES Cap Norfeu in Roses. The intervention involves the enlargement of the school complex in the site’s north region with two small buildings on the ground floor that surround one of the existing buildings in operation.
Image Courtesy Adrià Goula
- Architects: javier de las heras solé arquitecte
- Project: IES Cap Norfeu extension
- Location: Carrer Ponent 11 17480 (Girona), Roses, Spain
- Region: Alt Empordà
- Project: November 2007
- Construction date: December 2010 / October 2011
- Arquitecture contributors: Mercedes Sánchez Hernández, Asunción Belda Esteban
- Contributors: Blàzquez-Guanter arquitectes consultors d’estructures Proisotec, enginyeria Jordi Roig Fontseca, arquitecto técnico
- Site Management : Javier de las Heras Solé, arquitecto
- Executive management: Sònia Cuevas, arquitecto técnico ( Summa,sa )
- Promoter: Gestió d’infraestructures SAU GISA
- Contractor: Arcadi Pla, SA
- Photography: Adrià Goula
Tuesday, September 4th, 2012
Article source: Duch-Piza Arquitectos
Extension of an old school in which we had to keep the central cloister. Because of its slope, the plot was divided into thin terraces. The section of the building contains in its interior outdoor spaces, lit naturally from the roof, which are linked on an ascending tour and can remain open in non opening school hours. The former cloister, turned into a big assembly hall, appears on a diagonal view from the entrance hall. The gym was partially buried, expanding the horizontal extent of the plant and we place a sports track on its roof. This area, separate from the school by a courtyard, has independent access from the side street.
Image Courtesy Jaime Sicilia
- Architect: Duch-Piza Arquitectos
- Project: Extension Of Public School “Es Cremat”
- Location: Mestre Bauzà St.- Ses Escoles Ave.
- Promoter: IBISEC. Technical Arch: Josep Panades
- Structure: Pere Martinez Pica
- Instal.: TIIS
- Colab: E. Parareda, G. Riverón, T. Garau.
- Photo: Jaime Sicilia
- Const.: UTE C.P. Es Cremat.
- Budget: 2.172.948€
- Project: 2008. Completion of work: 2010
Wednesday, August 29th, 2012
Article source: Ravetllat-Ribas
The project concerns de construction of a new departmental building (C’) for the Industrial Engineering School of Barcelona (ETSEIB) of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC). The site is located in the intersection of Pau Gargallo and Pacual Vila Streets, in the ancient site of the nuclear reactor “Argos” serving academic purposes.
Image Courtesy Roger Casas
- Architects: Ravetllat-Ribas
- Project Architects: Olga Schimd, Carles Oliver, Architects
- Location: Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
- Developer: Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
- Authors: Ravetllat-Ribas. Pere Joan Ravetllat, Carme Ribas
- Collaborators: Olga Schmid, Nicola Saladino, Architects , STATIC Ingeniería, Structural Engineers, JG Ingenieros, M&E Engineers , Francisco Domínguez, Oscar Garzón, Site surveyors
- Enterprise executor: ACCIONA S.A / FERROVIAL S.A
- Project ending: May 2007
- Construction ending: October 2008
- Surface: 2.166,00 m²
- Budget: 2.474.436,03 € (PEM)
- Photographer: Roger Casas
Saturday, July 28th, 2012
Article source: RUF (Rural Urban Framework)
Tongjiang Primary School is located in Jianxi Province, south-east China. The charity World Vision commissioned Joshua Bolchover and John Lin at The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Architecture, to design a new school building at no additional cost to a typical school building found in China. These buildings are generic two story buildings with open balconies constructed from reinforced concrete and brick infill. Our aim was to work within these constraints to produce a building that responded to the site context and could create unique spatial experiences for learning and social interaction.
Image Courtesy Ruf Work
- Architects: RUF (Rural Urban Framework)
- Project: Tongjiang Recycled Brick School
- Location: Jianxi Province, China
- Designers: Joshua Bolchover, John Lin (RUFWORK/ The University of Hong Kong)
- Commissioning Donor: World Vision
- Additional Donors: Luke Him Sau Charitable Trust
- Project manager: Maggie Ma
- Project team: Christiane Lange; Jess Lumley; Mariane Quadros de Souza; Anna Wan
- Image Credits: RUF WORK
- Date: April 2012
- Size: 1,096m2
- Cost: 73,616 USD
- List Of Principle Materials Used: Concrete, bricks, recycled bricks
Thursday, June 21st, 2012
Article source: Archi5
The planning and design of this refurbishment and extension project is the result of a very careful analysis of the context. The school faced several problems caused by the overlapping uses of space by several programmes, leading to confusion in traffic flow and hindered visibility of the nursery school and its access from Carnot Boulevard.
Image Courtesy Thomas Jorion
- Architects: Archi5
- Project: Groupe Scolaire Lamoricière
- Location: Paris XIIe, France
- Client : City of Paris.
- Surface : 3 180 m²
- Cost : 7 165 000 € Excl tax.
- Timetable : Competition prize winner oct. 2007 – completion sept. 2011
- Architecture and urbanism agency : archi5prod
- Photographers : Thomas Jorion et Fabien Terreaux
Wednesday, June 20th, 2012
Article source: J M Carvalho Araújo Arquitectura e Design, S.A
The intervention uses part of the existing buildings, primarily structural elements and some facades. We used this preexistence to provoke an initial impetus for the project, creating greater diversity.
We had particular interest in the idea of evolution from a school type to an identity school, based on the context of urban integration, perception of school as a symbolic element, in its outstanding features and a general understanding of the school principal, that had clear ideas about the operation and image of the school. This development process generated a building with its own code, like DNA, something individual and unique, identity or personality.
Image Courtesy Hugo Carvalho Araújo
- Architects: J M Carvalho Araújo Arquitectura e Design, S.A
- Project: Escola Secundária de Lousada (ESL)
- Location: Lousada, Portugal
- Client: Parque Escolar, EPE
- Date: 2008 – 2010
- Team: José Manuel Carvalho Araújo, Joel Moniz, Sandra Ferreira, Ricardo Tojal, Álvaro Pereira, Pedro Mendes, Ana Vilar, Ana Carvalho
- Landscape Design: João Bicho e Joana Carneiro
Thursday, June 14th, 2012
Article source: Eva Samuel Architects
In the district of the Olympics, the reconstruction of the kindergarten takes the shape of a toy gleaming between the towers and bars nearby. She participates in the revival of an operation planning, control of the 60/70, dense, and mixed functional. In this lively neighborhood, the city undertook a project of land consolidation and redevelopment of outdoor spaces. The school, tiny among the towers, intends to play its role in this context: enhancing the image of the equipment and resist the overwhelming presence of nearby buildings and pervasiveness of the concrete.
École Maternelle Javelot
- Architects: Eva Samuel Architects
- Project: École Maternelle Javelot
- Location:Paris, France
- Owner: Paris City Hall
- Project Management: E. Samuel Architecte & Associés, S. Romain Architecte, S. Dirvariu, F. Laheurte Assistants, Forgue, Économiste, Evp, Structure, Bethac, Fluide, Arwytec, Cuisiniste, Rfr Elements, Hqe Ayda, Acoustique
- Programme: Ecole Maternelle / 8 Classes, Restauration Scolaire, Rehab.Lourde
- Surface: 2 400 M²
- Budget: 8,5 ME
- Livraison: 2011
- Entreprise: EIFFAGE
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: Diederendirrix architects
diederendirrix wins the architect selection for the Community School Reigerlaan Eindhoven!
Community School Reigerlaan Eindhoven aims to be the new name for school where several functions will be housed. Currently, the building is only in use as a elementary school. The existing buildings on the site consists of a monumental building and an outbuilding (nursery school) plus temporary units with 6 classrooms. The main building and outbuilding are registered as national monument, dating from 1915 and 1927 respectively.