Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, May 29th, 2015
Article source: Manço Architects
The project was designed as a 35-room boutique hotel to be constructed on the site of an abandoned commercial block that will be redeveloped according to the Urban Regeneration Law.
A strong architectural character reflecting the urban context was aimed so that the building will stand out among the numerous small-mid size city hotels being erected in the vicinity. The plot is located on Dolapdere Avenue that is still predominantly lined with auto repair workshops despite the ongoing gentrification process. Accordingly, façade and interior materials referring to the automotive industry with their shapes, textures and colors were preferred.
Image Courtesy © Manço Architects
- Architects: Manço Architects
- Project: Boutique Hotel in Pangalti
- Location: Pangalti, Turkey
- Software used: AutoCAD LT, SketchUp and V-Ray, Photoshop
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
The project is the last one which Dushe team (www.shdsd.cn) designed in ECADI.
This fragmented system is frequently used as an interpretation of contemporary cities; the iconic fragment becomes the signature of the city. But the city itself contains abundant resources. The 99% of these fragments are unknown for the public, but the city is also composed of background buildings.
Image Courtesy © Peter
- Architects: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
- Project: The expansion project of Dongjiao State Guest Hotel
- Location: Pudong district, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Peter
- Project Owner: Dongjiao State Guest Hotel, Shanghai Donghu(Group) Co.
- Design Manager: Di Shen (Xian Dai Architectural Design Group Co.), Kege Ling（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Principal Architects: Qilin Zhang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）, Yijia Liu（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Chief Engineer of Architecture: Limin Wang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Building Area: 8,000 square meters
- Site Area: 5,000 square meters
Friday, May 1st, 2015
Article source: AGI architects
Forepeak Hotel Complex & Ship Workshop will be a beacon on the Qatari seafront. Ideally located near Ras Abo Abbud Expressway it is easily accessible by road, and can be easily seen by passers by making it an iconic symbol on the Qatari waterfront.
Image Courtesy © AGI architects
- Architects: AGI architects
- Project: Forepeak
- Location: Qatar
- Design Team: Joaquín Pérez-Goicoechea, Nasser B. Abulhasan
- Architects colaborators: Justo Ruiz, Cristina Ruiz, Pedro Moreno, Ana Palencia, Fernando Miñarro, Nicolas Martin, Aisha Alsager, Hessa Albader
- Date: 2015
- Client: PEO
Friday, May 1st, 2015
Article source: GRAFT Architects
In the white city of Old Beograd, near the banks of the Sava River, GRAFT transformed the historic building of the “Old Mill” into a 4 Star hotel.
The ambitious interior concept embraces and enhances the existing historical structures with new materials, colors and shapes, activating the original qualities of the cultural monument and hence creating a unique visual experience.
Image Courtesy © Tobias Hein
- Architects: GRAFT Architects
- Project: Old Mill Hotel Belgrade
- Location: Bulevar vojvode Mišića, Belgrade, Serbien
- Photography: Tobias Hein
- GRAFT Project Design Team:
- Managing Directors: Lars Krueckeberg, Wolfram Putz, Thomas Willemeit
- Project Manager: Konstantin Buhr
- Project Team: Andrea Göldel, Sascha Krückeberg, Sebastian Gernhardt, Stephen Molloy, Denis Leo Hegic, Sonja Wedemeyer, Alice Mayer, Antonio Luque, Tade Godbersen
- Owner: Soravia Group
- Operator: Radisson Blu
- Specialty Design Consultants: Studio Dinnebier, Berlin/Germany (lighting design), Strauss & Hillegaart Design, Cottbus/Germany (guestroom wall graphics), Michelle St. Jean Graphic Design (environmental graphics), Finvest d.o.o., Belgrade/Serbia (landscape design)
- Purchasing agent: Distinction Contract, London/UK, Plan +B, Berlin/Germany
- General Contractor: LSG Building Solutions d.o.o., Belgrade, Serbia
- Number of rooms: 236 guestrooms and 14 suites
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Article source: Arquitectonica
American International Group and the Seoul Metropolitan Government were partners in the development of this 507,075m2 / 5,458,153sf mixed-use project in which Arquitectonica designed the master plan, the architecture and portions of the interiors. The complex became a new hub for the financial, securities and insurance companies concentrated in Seoul. It features three international A-grade commercial office towers, a five-star hotel, three-level luxury retail mall, megaplex cinema complex, fine dining and drinking establishments and significant new outdoor public spaces. The site is located at the center of Yeouido Island, and will serve as a major pedestrian link between the subway station and Riverside and Yeouido Plaza Park.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectonica
- Architects: Arquitectonica
- Project: International Finance Center
- Location: Seoul, Korea
Thursday, April 16th, 2015
Article source: Goettsch Partners
Goettsch Partners (GP) is pleased to announce that construction has commenced on the 445m tall mixed-use Nanning Resources Center Tower. Located in Nanning, capital of the Guangxi Province, the project is sited along Minzu Avenue at the heart of the burgeoning Fengling District. The 255,000 square meter tower is linked to public transportation through underground connections at the B1 level, and to adjacent buildings via indoor and outdoor pedestrian corridors at the ground and sixth floors respectively. Upon completion, the NRC Tower will be the tallest building in Nanning.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners
- Architects: Goettsch Partners
- Project: Nanning China Resources Center Tower
- Location: Nanning, China
Wednesday, April 8th, 2015
Article source: SPARCH SAKELLARIDOU/PAPANIKOLAOU ARCHITECTS
The goal is to transform the site into a hospitality experience, the feeling of space and program into the art of experience, the actions into a viable and flexible development program.
The border: The listed buildings demarcate the central outdoor space with their shape, they accumulate the cultural activities, touristic infrastructure, hospitality, relaxation and entertainment programs (Interactive Museum, Agri-tourism, Baths, Accommodation). The enhancement of uses with reversible constructions of (container) type in a discreet relationship with the listed buildings reinforces the concept of limit and functions as a transitional element from and to the central area (Central Square), into the diffusion area (Natural Element).
General Νight View, Image Courtesy © sparch Sakellaridou/ Papanikolaou Architects & Ch. Marathovouniotis
- Architects: SPARCH SAKELLARIDOU/PAPANIKOLAOU ARCHITECTS
- Project: Germanina Agriculture Farm
- Location: Cyprus
- Architectural design: Rena Sakellaridou, Morpho Papanikolaou (Sparch Architechts) and Christos Marathovouniotis
- Collaborators: N. Apergis, I. Kloni, E. Papaevangelou, V. Arvanitis, V. Yiannakis, M. Chatziioannidou (Phase A), Papaevangelou, G. Papanikolaou (Phase B)
- Students of architecture: G. Kontominas, I. Tatli, S. Stylidis (Phase B)
- Consultans: P. Kinato s, I. Pagonis, K. Polychronopoulos (Civil Engineers), I. Papagrigorakis (Mechanical Engineer), A. Tabathani (Electrical Engineer), A. Agisilaos (Surveyor Engineer), S. Barbarian (Landscape Architect)
- 2nd PRIZE, International Architectural Competition in two Phases, 2011 & 2013
Tuesday, April 7th, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
The Deir Al Kalaa Country Club is located in historic BeitMeri, an area in the mountains of Lebanon long associated with leisure from the time of Romans. Situated on the mountainside leading up to BeitMeri, the site is a sloping terrain with stupendous views of the valley below and at some points the city of Beirut. The country club approached us to request an expansion of the existing building to accommodate a hotel, dedicated spa, and additional pool.
Image Courtesy © SOMA
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: Deir Al Kalaa Hotel
- Location: BeitMeri, Lebanon
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Article source: Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
Cuisine: The cuisine will represent a wholly American palate with its roots firmly planted in upstate New York – multicultural , flavorful, simple, elegant, at times impromptu, seasonal, local, international. Inspiration will be drawn from all facets of the culinary team’s broad spectrum of experiences and tastes, with an emphasis on open fire roasting/cooking utilizing the two custom handcrafted wood burning fireplaces, one located in the main dining room and the other in the bar/lounge area.
Image Courtesy © NickWoodPhoto/Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Architects: Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Project: Fish & Game
- Location: 13 South 3rd Street. Hudson, NY 12534, USA
- Photography: NickWoodPhoto/Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Project Architect: Ronald J. Nemec
- Chefs/Owners: Zakary Pelaccio
- Partner: Patrick Milling Smith, producer & founding partner of Smuggler, a Film, TV, Commercial and Music Video production company representing a roster of award winning directors
- Distinctions: Nominated for Outstanding Restaurant Design Award, 2015
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: Hi-Tech CADD Services
The structural drawings was missing in the file. We made a structure model on the basis of assumption from the architectural drawings provided by the client. Later the client provided us with a hand sketch which was 90% accurate to what we had assumed. The quality of engineers in Hi-Tech are beyond any challenge.
Image Courtesy © Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Architects: Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Project: BIM Modeling for Carnel Valley Inn Hotel
- Location: California, USA
- Software Used: Revit, Navisworks