Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Saturday, November 10th, 2012
Article source: paul dieterlen architecture+estudio ruiz boluda
NATURE. Source of inspiration
Since the beginning of times, nature has been a continuous source of inspiration, from the simplest of forms to the most complex ones, it has been a reference for all the artistic disciplines that have tried to imitate it, abstract it or simply tried to freely interpret it.
Interior Ring : Image Courtesy José Asensio
- Architects: paul dieterlen architecture+estudio ruiz boluda
- Project: Inspiration Hotel
- Location: Albufera de Valencia, Spain
- Photography: José Asensio
- Authors: Jorge Ruiz Boluda, Architect, Agustín Durá Herrero, Architect, Paul Dieterlen, Architect
- Colaborator: José Asensio, photograph
Saturday, October 20th, 2012
Article source: CMV Architects
The Barceló Raval hotel wants to hide a big party behind a quiet icon. It is not in competition with the history of the place where it has been building neither with the existing facades. But the hotel wants to take part of that atmosphere and that story. So the stainless steel metal mesh that surrounds the hotel gives it a contemporary and mysterious air at the same time, because hide an atmosphere that blow up in the interior. The hotel goes on with the chosen recipe for the future combining leisure, business, evasion and game. The building with elliptical floor designed by CMV Architects summarizes a new proposal for the neighborhood: expressive contention for a future away from the old brothels. However, the new hotel exudes a cosmopolitan atmosphere that revives the old port district.
Image Courtesy © CMV Architects
- Architects: CMV Architects
- Project: Barceló Raval Hotel
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Wednesday, October 17th, 2012
Article source: K2S Architects
The granite Paasitorni fortress was originally built for the use of Helsinki labor movement. Now the block functions as a successful conference center. Paasitorni Hotel comprises of two existing buildings and a new wing hidden behind early 20-century and 1950s facades.
Image Courtesy Marko Huttunen
- Architects: K2S Architects Ltd.
- Project: Hotel Paasitorni
- Location: Paasitorni, Finland
- Architects: Kimmo Lintula, Niko Sirola and Mikko Summanen
- Client: HWA Helsinki Workers Association
- User: Helsinki Congress Paasitorni, Scandic Hotels, Graniittiravintolat Restaurants
- Built area: 11400 m² (gross)
- Design phase: 09/2008 – 01/2010
- Construction phase: 02/2010 – 06/2012
- Photos: Marko Huttunen
- Software used: Autocad architecture 2012; Rhino 4; Maxwell Render 1.7; Blender 2.49
Friday, September 28th, 2012
Article source: Skidmore Owings + Merrill
The 42-storey Manhattan Loft Gardens tower near Stratford International Station is situated alongside one of London’s largest and newest international transport interchanges and adjacent to the Olympic Park. The project delivers a wide range of residential loft-style and single-storey living spaces. The scheme also provides a 150-room, world-class hotel at the lower levels with the 34 storeys of residential tower above.
Image Courtesy © Skidmore Owings + Merrill
Friday, September 28th, 2012
Article source: WOW Architects
The entire design process of Vivanta Hotel began by understanding the cultural, economic and geo-climatic context of the Bangalore area. Located at the entrance of the new Bangalore International Tech Park, Vivanta Hotel is a landmark for local and visitor populace, and to act as an interface between the new IT park and the fast-developing city around it, providing one of the first models of work/play environments in India.
Image Courtesy WOW Architects
- Architects: WOW Architects
- Project: Vivanta Hotel
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Project Completion Date: 2011
Friday, September 21st, 2012
Article source: John Portman & Associates
This 5-star super deluxe Park Hyatt hotel features 185 guestrooms and 24 suites, in addition to 42 fully-serviced apartments in Hyderabad, India. This eight story building has a lobby and mezzanine, plus four floors of guest rooms topped by two floors of high-end serviced apartments. A atrium rises through all eight floors.
Image Courtesy © Nicolas Dumont
- Architects: John Portman & Associates
- Project: Park Hyatt Hyderabad
- Location: Hyderabad, India
- Photography: Nicolas Dumont
- Rooms: 200+ Room Hotel
- Serviced Apartments: 42
- Ballroom and Meeting Space
- Site Area: 130,689 sf (12,141 sm)
- Gross Building Area: 599,550 sf (55,700 sm)
- Building Height: 89 ft (27 m)
- Stories: 8
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
Article source: Stefanie Drawehn
Bad Saarow is a little town 70km southeast of Berlin, situated by a large lake and renowned for its thermal baths.
The project site is covered in large pine trees and borders the lake. On the site there is an existing old villa. The project task was to design 13 little hotel units / huts for the site with the existing building being the main hotel building (reception / restaurant).
Image Courtesy Renderkitchen
- Project:Bad Saarow Hotel Units
- Location: Bad Saarow, Germany, Berlin
- Project Data: Between 25-30m2 for each unit
- Type: Hotel
- Rendering: Stefanie Drawehn (Renderkitchen)
- Software used: 3D Studio Max and Vray
Saturday, September 15th, 2012
Article source: Studio Symbiosis
Seamless waves flowing on the landscape and flowing on the façade are the focal point of the design proposal for this full service five star property. Designed as an iconic building the proposal looks at interweaving the concepts of waves in nature, fold lines as movement trajectories and perception along with programmatic requirements.
Image Courtesy Studio Symbiosis
- Architects: Studio Symbiosis
- Project: Ahmedabad Hotel
- Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Principal Architects: Amit Gupta, Britta Knobel Gupta in collaboration with Vandana Sehgal.
- Project Team: Dharampal Singh, M. Shaique Uddin, Mayank Ojha, Mariia Nazarenko, Rishi Sapra, Rakesh Mathur, Pancham Pathania, Avishek Das and Arunima Sen.
- MEP: Apostel Design Studio
- Structure: Acecon
- Facility Managers: HPG Consultancy
- Facade Consultants: Priedemann
- Site area: 6860 sqm
- Builtup Area: 24000 sqm
- Start Date: April 2012
- Completion Date: June 2014
Wednesday, August 29th, 2012
Article source: Paul McAneary Architects Ltd
Paul McAneary Architects announce the design of the first Backpacker Hotel, a new concept that combines the luxury of boutique hotels with the spirit of international backpacking. This sustainable project on Kingsland Road Hoxton, London, in the heart of the fashionable district, ‘recycles’ the existing architecture adding a new public bar and shop.
Image Courtesy Paul McAneary Architects Ltd
- Architect: Paul McAneary Architects Ltd
- Project: Backpacker Hotel
- Location: Kingsland Road, Hoxton, London
- Project Architect: Paul McAneary
- Starting Date: 2012
- Completion Date: TBC
- Area: 1500sqm (existing) 1600 (estimated)
- Design Team: Paul McAneary Architects Ltd
- Supplier: The Expanded Metal Company
Friday, August 10th, 2012
Article source: Francisco Vieira de Campos
Jean Baudrillard defines architecture as “a mixture of nostalgia and extreme anticipation”. This idea comes along like a murmur in all the proposals, especially heritage projects. Each project always represents a renewed commitment to capture what is unique and non-transferable in each architectural episode.
Image Courtesy Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: Guedes + de Campos
- Project: Wine Hotel Quinta Do Vallado
- Location: Vilarinho De Freires, Peso Da Régua, Portugal
- Client: Quinta do Vallado, Sociedade Agrícola, Lda.
- Author: Francisco Vieira de Campos
- Coordinator: Francisco Vieira De Campos
- Project Team: Inês Mesquita, Mariana Sendas, Cristina Maximino, Adalgisa Lopes, Ana Leite Fernandes, Luís Campos, João Pontes, Joana Miguel, Francisco Lencastre, Tiago Souto E Castro, Miguel Brochado
- Software used: AutoCAD