Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Thursday, July 4th, 2013
Article source: MICHELE GAMBATO ARCHITECT
The Malatesta building is a country side hotel located in the Marche region in Italy. The architect, Michele Gambato, designed it for a family who wanted to change their lifestyle and move to the countryside to begin with their new hotel enterprise. The project begins from the restoration of three existing buildings. The main building was built at the end of the 19th century to be enlarged during the first half of the 20th century, two additional buildings were added at a later date.
Image Courtesy © MICHELE GAMBATO ARCHITECT
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Article source: Brunner
The location is unique and breath-taking: the registered landmark from theBelle Epoque, the Pilatus-Kulm Mountain Hotel, is situated on an exposed mountain face at 6,995 feet above sea level, offering a splendid view of the surrounding summits, and the city of Lucerne way down in the valley. To celebrate its 120th anniversary, the hotel was completely renovated in 2010, and equipped with a new business centre, among other amenities. Still, it has been able to maintain its historic mountain hotel charm, not only thanks to its wooden shutters.
Image Courtesy © Brunner
- Project: Brunner chairs in the newly renovated Pilatus-Kulm mountain hotel
- Location: pilatus, switzerland
Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
Article source: ELASTICOSPA + 3
The all project tries to bring in a new aura, in a town developed in the seventies for mere lucrative purposes. A place that gives its best when snow covers the eyesores of architecture arrogance .Just like a child, the building will play with snow, compacting and piling it in specific places, pre-defined by the shape of roof and facades, ice will be part of the game and stalactites the ornament of the building not only in Christmas time. The partial demolition of the original building allowed us to use the ground floor as a entrance, with all those functions connected with governance and services of the hotel. The size of the area is slightly bigger than the building which covers a surface of 1000 square meters .
Image Courtesy © Jacopo Riccesi
- Architects: Elasticospa + 3
- Project: Slow Horse
- Location: Piancavallo, Italy
- Photography: Jacopo Riccesi
- End use: hotel
- Client: Promotur S.p.A.
- Size: 3450 m2
- Project design: ELASTICOSPA + 3
- Team: Stefano Pujatti, Alberto Del Maschio, Stefano Trucco, Cesare Roluti, Valeria Brero, Corrado Curti, Daniele Almondo, Serena Nano, Marco Burigana, Andrea Rosada
- Structural design: Stefano Santarossa
- Building contractor: Riccesi S.p.A.
Wednesday, June 19th, 2013
Article source: Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
54 HaNevi’im Street is the new branding name for a luxurious boutique hotel in a landmark building in the Historic City Center of Jerusalem. The original building is a two storey 19th century eclectic building onto which we are proposing an additional floor that would match stylistically the original structure. This project involves both a meticulous preservation work of an existing structure and at the same time reinvention of its interior to function as a modern high end hotel.
Image Courtesy © Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
- Architects: Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
- Project: 54 HaNevi’im Street – A Boutique Hotel
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
- Area: 1,000 m2
- Client: Stern – Tura Ltd
- Structural Engineer: S. Natshe (more…)
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013
Architects: Gogl Architekten
Time seems to stop in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Just an hour away from Salzburg, traditional houses and hotels with carved dark wooden terraces pepper the rolling landscape of this intimate alpine town. Located directly on the ski slopes and framed by age-old mountains, a white four-story house rises above an ensemble of minimal, modern buildings with floor-to-ceiling windows.
Image Courtesy © Mario Webhofer
- Architects: Gogl Architekten
- Project: Hotel Wiesergut
- Location: Wiesern 48 , A-5754 Hinterglem
- Photography: Mario Webhofer , W9 Werbeagentur, Innsbruck
- Archtecture: Monika Gogl, Gogl & Partners Architekten
- Design: Isabel Hamm (Light), Petra Lindenbauer (Ceramics), Indradanush (Textiles), Andreas Reichlin (Metal sculptures)
- Category: hotel
- Start of planning : Jul 2010
- Start of construction: Jul 2011– 1st phase Apr 2012 , 2nd phase Apr 2012
- Completion: Dec 2012 (entire)
- Description: Rebuild of a hotel complex as an ensemble of buildings, consisting of a main building, a garden suite in front, a reception and entrance area and a wellness house.
- Site area: 5,544 m2
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
Article source: OOIIO Architecture
Madrid-based OOIIO Architecture has developed a landmark hotel building in Lima, Perú. OOIIO have designed this singular hotel for a Latin American promoter interested in creating a unique, innovative and worldwide recognizable building with a moderate investment. The building is located in Lima, a city which is enjoying nowadays a constant growth.
Image courtesy OOIIO Architecture
- Architects: OOIIO Architecture
- Project: Hotel + Congress Center
- Location: Lima, Peru
- Area: 16.070m2.
- Team: Joaquín Millán Villamuelas, Lourdes Martinez Nieto, Cristina Vicario del Cojo, Patricia Moreno Blasco
Friday, May 31st, 2013
Article source: Alejandro García & Arquitectos SLP
The project aims to create a new place for lucrative purposes aiming a Hotel building and another building a Spa. It is situated beside the water park of Cerceda – A Coruña.
Image Courtesy Alejandro García & Arquitectos SLP
Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Article source: Lemay associés
Lemay designs a new luxury hotel on the Mount Stephen Club site located on 1440 Drummond Street in Montreal. In fact, Tidan Group, owner of this impressive heritage building, has started the construction of an 80-room hotel at the heart of downtown. In addition to some luxurious accommodations, this 12-storey building will offer high-quality service with banquet rooms for 500 guests, flexible meeting rooms, a spa, a fitness center and an underground parking lot of 96 places. Meanwhile, the interior space of the iconic Mount Stephen Club, closed since December 2011, will be expanded from 2,400 m2 to 6,500 m2.
Image courtesy LEMAY
- Architects: Lemay associés
- Project: lemay participates in the architectural and interior design of the Mount Stephen complex
- Location: Montreal, Canada
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Article source: JVA
In 2008 JVA won the competition for the new master plan of Myrkdalen ski resort near Voss. Myrkdalen Hotel is the first project from the master plan that is realized.
Image Courtesy JVA
- Architects: JVA
- Project: Myrkdalen Hotel
- Location: Myrkdalen, Norway
- Building type: Apartment Hotel
- Client: Voss Fjellandsby AS
- Size: 7 600 m2, 112 rooms
- Schedule: Finished 2012
- Primary architects: Einar Jarmund, I-lékon Vigsnas, Alessandra Kosberg, Nils Rosvik,Tuva Salomonsen Hansen, Anna Zeuthen Andersen.
- Entrepreneur: Backer Entreprenor AS
- Consultants: Seim & Hultgreen AS, Sweco Norge AS, Oras Bergen AS, Bravida Norge AS, Vangen Elektriske AS, Vestlandske Limtreindustri AS
- Software used: MicroStation
Tuesday, May 14th, 2013
Article source: Estudio betsabe
Surge the initiative of a group of investors to build a project of a \”unique design hotel\”, located on the Samana Peninsula, Dominican Republic. The game idea is to study the behavior of \”a leaf\”, its structure and growth through a repeating sequence, hence links the development of the first draft.
Image courtesy Estudio betsabe
- Architects: Estudio betsabe
- Project: Samaná Hotel
- Location: Samana Peninsula, Dominican Republic