Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Miguel Angel Aragonés
The first time I visited this property and took in the desert and the diaphanous, clear water running along a horizontal line in the background, I felt the enormous drive of water under a scorching sun. This piece of land, located in the middle of a coastline dotted with “All Inclusives,” would have to be transformed into a box that contained its own sea –practically its own air– given the happy circumstance that the universe had created a desert joined to the sea along a horizontal line. It was the purest, most minimalist landscape a horizon could have drawn. On either side, this dreamlike scenery collided with what humans consider to be aesthetic and build and baptize as architecture. I wanted to draw my own version, apart from the rest.
Image Courtesy © Joe Fletcher
- Architects: Miguel Angel Aragonés
- Project: Hotel Mar Adentro
- Location: San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Photography: Joe Fletcher
- Structures: José Nolasco
- Construction: Jorge flores, josé torres
- Collaborators: Antonino trinidad, ana aragonés, fernanda kurth, manuel de la o., diego amador, axel hernández
- Special engineering: High tech services
- Preliminary Project: January 2012
- Executive Project: November 2014
- Building Opening: January 2016
Saturday, May 21st, 2016
Article source: noa* network of architecture
The hotel is located in the village of Kastelruth next to the well-known Seiser Alm at approx. 1200 meters above sealevel. The family establishment was enhanced and enlarged with a new wellness area and a new lobby with attached bar and restaurant. 14 spacious suites were added to make the new hotel increased by 1100 square meters.
Image Courtesy © noa* network of architecture
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016
Article source: zlgdesign
The design process for The Lantern Hotel project started in 2012 with long periods of time to get the building facade approval from the authorities, getting the client to confirm room numbers and room layout, going over and over the design, looking at different options and doing continuously cost-cutting exercises to maximize cost and profit for the client, achieving 49 guest rooms, all with attached bathroom, 2 dorms with each 6 beds and external bathroom, facilities for breakfast, centralized computer area, locker area and an outdoor terrace for a total project cost of only 4.2mil including furnishing.
Daytime view of the facade, Image Courtesy © Staek Photography
- Architects: zlgdesign
- Project: Lantern Hotel
- Location: 1-8 Bangunan Perdagangan D7, 800 Jalan Sentul 51000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Photography: Staek Photography
- Software used: Autocad, Sketch up
- Client: TCL Hotel & Properties Sdn Bhd
- Civil Engineer: KNK Consult Sdn Bhd
- M & E Engineer: BSD Consult
- Floor Area: 2850 m2
- Date of Completion: March 2015
Thursday, May 5th, 2016
Article source: Caroline Collett PR Ltd
Luxury interior designers Goddard Littlefair have completed the first phase of an extensive refurbishment of the Hilton Hotel, Budapest, encompassing the principal public areas – the reception, lounge, lobby bar and executive lounge, along with three sample bedroom treatments and linking corridor areas.
Hilton Hotel Budapest, lobby and reception, Image Courtesy © Gareth Gardner
- Architects: Goddard Littlefair
- Project: Hilton Hotel
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Photography: Gareth Gardner
- Software used: AutoCAD, Powerpoint, Excel, SpecDesigners
Friday, April 29th, 2016
Article source: Studio Tack
Casa Bonay opens this month as a first-of-its-kind 67-room hotel in the restored 19th century mansion of the Bonay family. The iconic building, built in 1869, has been carefully revitalized with a mind to maintaining the property’s exquisite original features, while establishing an energetic, creative hub for visitors and neighbours.
Image Courtesy © Nacho Alegre
- Architects: Studio Tack
- Project: Casa Bonay
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Metrixell Arjalaguer and Nacho Alegre
Tuesday, April 19th, 2016
Article source: Studio Simonetti
Grand Hotel Courmayeur Mont Blanc arises from a clear project idea: to integrate a contemporary architecture in a charming and suggestive landscape respecting the traditions and materials of the location.
4 chalets, each one covered by a pitched roof with sheets and local materials as wood and stone for the facades that well combine with the glass windows of the main chalet. The north side looks onto Mont Blanc and Breva glacier and the south one onto the forest and Courmayeur.
Image Courtesy © Diego De Pol
- Architects: Studio Simonetti
- Project: Grand Hotel Courmayeur Mont Blanc
- Location: Courmayeur, Italy
- Photography: Diego De Pol
Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
Article source: Círculo Cuadrado
This project is inspired by the cultural and colors of India, which are like a huge variety, diversity was selected according to the needs of spaces. Symbolic elements in each of the rooms with a palette in orange, red, pink and turquoise shades, highlighting the main features of this culture were used.
Image Courtesy © Arturo Chávez
- Architects: DIN Interiorismo
- Project: Hotel AMALA
- Location: México City
- Photography: Arturo Chávez
Saturday, April 9th, 2016
Article source: Círculo Cuadrado
One of the challenges you most enjoy DIN interior is to give a new image to a hotel, especially when it involves a comprehensive change , which begins and ends in the name of a new concept. This hotel had Pugibet name is in central Mexico City , close to the traditional market of San Juan . It was decided to start with a name change , something that was very attractive and one word to describe her new identity.
Image Courtesy © DIN Interiorismo
Friday, March 25th, 2016
Article source: STUDIO FUKSAS
The structure will be built in a strategic area of the historic quarter EUR on a 55,000-square-meter built surface.
The design concept is briefly explained by three images: the “Theca”, the “Cloud” and the “blade” of the Hotel.
The “Theca”, longitudinally oriented, is the container, with steel structure and glass double-façade, that encloses the Cloud.
Image Courtesy © MorenoMaggi
- Architects: STUDIO FUKSAS – Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas
- Project: EUR NEW CONGRESS CENTRE AND HOTEL
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Photography: Colarossi, Paolo Ridolfi, Archivio Fuksas, MorenoMaggi, Giacomo Famà, Fabio Lovino
- Client: Eur Spa
- Interior Design: Fuksas Design
- Height 39 M ( From The Underground Level 48 Mt)
- Width 70 M
- Lenght 175 M
- Outer And Transversal Façades: Stratified Extra-Bright Glass And Stratified Lamellar Extra-Bright Glass
- Inner Façades: Double Gazing With Solar Factor Cellular System And Double Gazing With Solar Factor Rei Cellular System
- Outer Façades: 16,075 Sq.M.
- Outer Longitudinal Façades: 13,880 Sq.M. (6,9420×2)
- Outer Transversal Façades: 2,195 Sq.M. (1,301 Via Colombo And 894 Viale Shakespeare)
- Roof (11,000 Sq.M.): Glass With Solar Factor And 3,000 Sq.M. Panels With Mono crystalline photo voltaics
- Inner Flooring: Travertine
- Forum: 7,500 Sq.M. (Public Square)
- Structure: Metallic
- Coating: Microperforatedatex® 2000 Trl Sheet
- Flooring: Industrial Parquet
- Auditorium: 1,850 Seats
- Bar And Foyer: 450 Sq.M. (more…)
Sunday, March 20th, 2016
Article source: Capella Garcia Arquitectura S.L.
The building constitutes a longitudinal prism, forming a screen, with vertical corbels on the façade which stand out like white keys on a black background. The ground floor emulates a great aquarium, with independent sections for the various uses, beneath an undulating ceiling of circumferences.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Vargas
- Architects: Capella Garcia Arquitectura S.L., Juli Capella, Miquel Garcia
- Project: HOTEL DIAGONAL BARCELONA
- Location: Avenida Diagonal, 205. Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Rafael Vargas
- Project responsible: Pamela Könsgen
- Interior design responsible: Lorelay Gazo, Pamela Könsgen
- Project management: Pamela Könsgen, Lorelay Gazo, Joan Bozzo
- Client: Grupo Urvasco, S.A.-Hoteles Silken, S.A.
- Structural calculations: Obiol, Moya y Asociados, S.L.
- Installation engineering: Celma Enginyeria Consulting 1300, S.L.
- Site management: Tècnics-G3, S.L.
- Quantity surveyor: Tècnics-G3, S.L. (more…)