Archive for the ‘Shop’ Category
Friday, April 10th, 2015
Article source: TORAFU ARCHITECTS
We performed the interior design for a store by Aesop, an Australian skin care brand, located in Tokyo Midtown. The site itself, posed some restrictions due to its size – a narrow 3.8m entrance width, 5.8m depth and 3.2m ceiling height.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: TORAFU ARCHITECTS
- Project: Aesop Midtown
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Total floor area: 24.07m2
- Design period: 2014.12-2015.03
- Construction period: 2015.02-03
Tuesday, March 24th, 2015
Article source: Liong Lie Architects
The Bazaar in Beverwijk, The Netherlands, the biggest indoor market of Europe, is our client. The Goud souk (“Gold souk”) will be the new building for the gold dealers and goldsmiths, who now gather each week-end along the Goudstraat (“Goldstreet”) at the Eastern Market of the Bazaar.
The exterior is defined by a 35 meter long facade that explains the visitors in a glance what they can find here: all that glitters is gold! The entrance is clearly marked. Here, the ‘nugget of gold’ has opened up to provide access to the ‘cave’ where the real golden treasures are safely displayed.
Image Courtesy © Hannah Anthonysz
- Architects: Liong Lie Architects
- Project: Goud souk
- Location: Beverwijk (de Bazaar), The Netherlands
- Photography: Hannah Anthonysz
- Design team: Roeland de Jong, Martijn Huijts, Rajiv Sewtahal, Michael Schuurman, Jakub Pakos, Miodrag Stoianov, Laura Juan López
- Brand positioning: Leaders against routine, Barbara van Veen
- Status: Completed February 2015
- Size: 1430 m²
- Client: De Bazaar
Saturday, March 21st, 2015
Article source: Minimal Architects
Interior space is sort of mixture between luxury shop and meeting spot. The main idea is to create minimalist lifestyle store where you can buy a bottle of great unique wine and at the same time you are able to stay in the shop for a little longer to try out different tastes or just to talk with a friend. Idea of lifestyle wine shop changes typical wine store image into some think more open for different generations – young as well as older people.
Image Courtesy © Minimal Architects
- Architects: Minimal Architects (Marek Wroblewski)
- Project: Wine Shop & Bar
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Area: 120 sqm
- Year: 2015
Thursday, March 12th, 2015
Article source: Atelier130
The concept behind the main headquarters of this luxury soap brand revolves around the actual soap bar. Inspired by the intricate packaging of the company’s soaps, the structure was first conceived as a box, sliced in half. Around the two distinct structures, a garden alive with greenery and a variety of aromas that linger and welcome visitors, reminiscent of the variety of soap scents. The first structure, where the company’s manufacturing plant is located, is covered by a woven metal wire mesh on top of a wall covered with the brand’s soap patterns. The second structure, which hosts the company’s offices, benefits from wide openings, protected from the sun thanks to sliding aluminum louvers that bring privacy to employees.
Image Courtesy © IevaSaudargaité
- Architects: Atelier130
- Project: Senteurs d’Orient Headquarters
- Location: Mkalles, Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: IevaSaudargaité
- Year: Completed in October 2014
- Area: 1,111 sq.m.
- Clients: Senteurs d’Orient, soap factory
- Main architects: Nathalie Habr and Halim Khoriaty
- Structural Engineer: P.A.R consultants (Pierre Abi Rached)
- Electro-Mechanical Engineer: WTA (Wissam Tawil)
- General Contractor: SK Group (Sarkis Keuchguerian)
Saturday, February 21st, 2015
Article source: LINEHOUSE
LINEHOUSE was asked to create a new modern fast food identity for Lone Ranger; a hot dog shop, incorporating a wild west theme. Replacing the entire façade of the shop located at the waterfront of the Hangpu River, Shanghai, LINEHOUSE created a playful composition of white timber weatherboards, raw timber, and custom printed tiles featuring an arrowhead motif. The exterior is composed of opening doors and shutter panels, which when opened reveals the continuous tile pattern which wraps the counters and floors. The exterior counters seats 6 with a further 6 seats inside. The 4m high ceiling void is painted a bright yellow with a woven rope structure which creates an apparatus for the lights to hang from.
Image Courtesy © Benoit Florencon
- Architects: LINEHOUSE
- Project: LONE RANGER HOT DOG SHOP
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Benoit Florencon
- Software used: Sketch up, AutoCAD 2015, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Year of completion: 2014
- Area: 19sqm
- Materials (all locally sourced or custom made): White washed timber weatherboarding, Rope, Raw timber, Custom made white matt tile with arrowhead motif, Powder coated black metal
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
Article source: COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
On January 18, 2015, China sees the opening of its first kids design experience: the Kids Museum of Glass. Children can explore their creativity in the former workshop that is converted into a space that hosts an Exhibition, a DIY Workshop, two Cafés, a Gift Shop and a Party Space. The idea and design of the museum are by Tilman Thürmer, founder and CEO of COORDINATION ASIA, and combines art, design, performances, films and games in a creative, interactive and educational environment. The 2,000 sqm space is designed for children in the age of 4-10 to learn about the basics of glass in a playful and fun way.
Image Courtesy © COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
- Architects: COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
- Project: KIDS MUSEUM OF GLASS
- Location: 685 West Changjiang Rd Baoshan District, Shanghai, China
- Client: Shanghai G+ Culture Creative Developing Co.,Ltd
- Construction: Shanghai Jieshuo Stage Property Company Ltd. (Exhibition), Shanghai Jiecheng Exhibition & Display Company Ltd. (Multimedia), Jiangsu Henglong Decoration Engineering Company Ltd. (Interior),Shanghai Bo Wen Architecture Decoration Co., Ltd (Interior), Shanghai Tongjian Qianghua Building Design Company Ltd. (Building)
- Shanghai Jinqiao Engineering Construction & Development CompanyLtd. (Building)
- Extent: 2,000 sqm
- Completion Date: January 2015
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: Filipe Melo e Oliveira
The Lisbon Walker – Flagship Concept Store, a totally new premium concept brand, centrally located in the downtown of Lisbon,is where the very best of Portugal comes together, mainly in the art of men shoes and wine, besides belts, accessories and concept items, entirely designed and produced in Portugal.
Image Courtesy © JoãoMorgado – Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: Filipe Melo e Oliveira
- Project: THE LISBON WALKER – FLAGSHIP CONCEPT STORE
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: JoãoMorgado – Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Client: The Lisbon Walker
- Year: 2014
- Net area: 59m2
Thursday, February 5th, 2015
Article source: noa* – network of architecture
noa* (network of architecture) add a cosy yet functional atmosphere to the new ski-rental and shop K&K located on the Seiser Alm / Alpe di Siusi, and outlines a comforting backdrop in the middle of the surrounding Alpine landscape.
The design of the interiors evolves along three contrasting materials: The warmth of the matured local spruce, the soft surfaces of the felt-fabric and the edgy metal furniture elements together aim to create a cosy and comfortable living room atmosphere.
Image Courtesy © Alex Filz
- Architects: noa* – network of architecture
- Project: K&K
- Location: Seiser Alm / Alpe di Siusi (Italy)
- Photography: Alex Filz
- Software used: Archicad & Artlantis
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015
Article source: Speziale Linares | Arquitectos
In a lot of 8.66 x 20.50 meters in Nicaragua Street , near the Armenia park , Palermo, city of Buenos Aires , Argentina , we were commissioned the renovation and extension of a house to turn it into a shop. After visiting the property, taking photographs and talking with the owners , we found that there were three very specific data on which we should work. First of all, the existing property, a one level “casa chorizo” (typology of house typical in the city) retaining much of its original architecture. The second one, the commercial program, clearly defined as a shop selling furniture, fabrics and decorative items. Finally, a company that wanted to make itself known and seeks to be recognized as a new shop in the neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Speziale Linares | Arquitectos
- Architects: Speziale Linares | Arquitectos
- Project: NICARAGUA SHOP
- Location: Palermo, City of Bs. As., Argentina
- COLLABORATOR: Engineer S. Berdichevsky (structure)
- DESIGN TEAM: Architect Javier Speziale, Architect Patricia Linares, Architect Matías Quintela, Architect Guillermo Gauna, Architect Agustina Acosta
- YEAR: 2010
- SCALE: 370 square meters
- ASSIGNMENT: project and site management
Sunday, February 1st, 2015
Article source: Formosis building studio
Sylhet is a growing city. The city is expanding to the western part after the establishment of public university. The expansion has been boomed after the recent shifting of City Central Jail and Marine academy there. The area is commercializing very fast with time. To meet the growing demand of more built spaces, the land owners have been involved to develop infrastructures at that part of Sylhet city. Reputed architecture firm Formosis building studio has recently designed a commercial building at that sub-urban area at Temukhi. The building is located beside the way to Central Jail and Marine Academy. The building includes four large shops at ground floor and office spaces at first and second floor. The building has been designed in white outlook to create it as a striking sub-urban landmark within green surroundings.
Image Courtesy © Formosis building studio
- Architects: Formosis building studio
- Project: Office Building with Retail Shops
- Location: Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Discipline: Architecture, Infrastructure
- Architectural style: Minimal
- Motive: Commission
- Gross External Area: 585.00 M2
- Building Height: 10.36 M1
- Number of Floors: 3
- Building Costs: 83600.00 USD
- Construction year: 2014