Archive for the ‘Shop’ Category
Sunday, January 8th, 2017
Article source: ODS
This was an architectural project for the design of Daimaru Kyoto, Gion Machiya, as a part of Daimaru’s 300th anniversary for its foundation. We also conducted the interior design of < Hermès Gion-mise> as the first shop opened in this traditional Japanese house.
The site is located along Hanamikoji Street, which goes through the center of Gion area in Kyoto city with traditional townscape. We renovated and transformed a town house previously used as a tea house/ residence into the store.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: ODS (Koichiro Oniki)
- Project: Hermès Gion-mise
- Location: Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Maxwell Render
- Dimension: 212 square meters
- Design time: from July 2015
- Finishing time: November 2016
Sunday, December 25th, 2016
Article source: John Portman & Associates
BRIC Phase One is a dual-branded Marriott with a 253-key select service Springhill Suites hotel and a 147-key extended stay Residence Inn hotel, leased retail areas for shops and restaurants and above-grade structured parking. The complex’s name, BRIC, is in reference to the site’s location at BRoadway and PacifIC. With the inclusion of publicly-accessible shops, restaurants and terraces at various levels along the west side of the building facing a public park, the project extends the public realm vertically, allowing for great views of the San Diego Bay and the events that occur along the waterfront. As a nod to the history of the site as the former location of Lane Field ballpark, these retail and terrace spaces step back from the park in such a way as to recall the bleachers of old.
Image Courtesy © John Portman & Associates
- Architects: John Portman & Associates
- Project: BRIC Phase One
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Hospitality Component: 400 Room Dual-Branded Hotel
- Gross Building Area: 449,321sf (41,743 sm)
- Retail Component: 27,000 sf (2,508 sm)
- Year: 2016
Friday, December 23rd, 2016
Article source: Studio Andrea Tognon Architecture
As if to honour its German roots, high-end fashion brand Jil Sander introduced it’s new retail design at the flagship store on the swanky Kurfürstendamm thoroughfare in Berlin. Occupying a ground floor unit of a landmark structure built in 1900 with an ornate art nouveau façade, the new aesthetic, created by Milan-based practice Andrea Tognan Architecture, is almost defiantly modern and understated, and clearly extrapolates Jil Sander‘s clean designs. Geometrical forms of the square and the rectangle largely define the premises, along with more fluent shapes that convey a zen-like sense of spatial harmony, and yet provide functionality at the same time.
Image Courtesy © Studio Andrea Tognon Architecture
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016
Article source: v2com
The multidisciplinary and creative firm Hatem+D signs the entire concept of the first Boutique Zazz located in Quebec City.
Involved in the strategic positioning of this new banner, the team Hatem+D created a new concept, fully designed the branding and the web content in a complete and all inclusive design for the boutique.
Image Courtesy © Maxyme Gagné
Tuesday, December 13th, 2016
Article source: Tsou Arquitectos
The refurbishment proposal of Óptica Queirós goes through the redefinition of the functional zoning and circulations.
The front desk and workshop are placed sideways.
The central space of the showroom and personalized attendance is well-marked by the false ceiling design..
Image Courtesy © João Macedo
- Architects: Tsou Arquitectos (Tiago Tsou)
- Project: Optica Queiros
- Location: Rua Maria da Fonte nº 160, Póvoa de Lanhoso, Portugal
- Photography: João Macedo
- Team: Tiago Tsou e António Alberto Costa
- Gross area (m2): 54 m²
- Cocnlusion: 2016
Thursday, November 24th, 2016
Article source: phdd arquitectos
The Craft Company is a small shop in the historic center of Cascais, on two floors with about 40m2 each. Initially there were three “nicely” fitted.
The yarn store invites us to a journey in time, the meeting between the modern and the classic. That was the customer’s goal and was the principle for the development of the project.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: phdd arquitectos
- Project: The Craft Company
- Location: Cascais, Portugal
- Photography: Francisco Nogueira
- Collaborators: Pedro Serra
- Area: 75 m2
- Year of project: 2015
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016
Article source: Piuarch
The Belgian brand LES HOMMES opens the first flagship store in Belgium in a 200sqm space in Antwerp, home town of the two creative directors Tom Notte e Bart Vandebosch.
The boutique- at 6 Arme Duivelstraat – it’s the second flagship store in Europe after the one in Milan Porta Nuova opened in 2014 and prelude an important expansion which foresees the opening of 15 new boutiques in Asia in 3 years time.
Like for Milan, the concept and the brand identity of the new boutique were developed by Piuarc, to whom the brand entrust the responsibility for the task to express in space, colours, geometries and materials the values and images that characterize its style.
Image Courtesy © Piuarch
- Architects: Piuarch
- Project: Les Hommes
- Location: via Arme Duivelstraat 6, Anversa, Belgium
- Client: Notte Vandebosch Milano SpA
- Architectural design and furnishings: Piuarch. Francesco Fresa, Germán Fuenmayor, Gino Garbellini, Monica Tricario
- Space: 200 mq
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
Article source: PHTAA Living Design
Keaton by PHTAA Living design is the modern vintage tailor shop which located in downtown of Bangkok. With the commercial context, independent retail, bar and cafe. Keaton well-blends with surrounding. The look of vintage fashionable guy reflect on the shop’s atmosphere.
Image Courtesy © PHTAA Living Design
- Architects: PHTAA Living Design
- Project: Seaming micro architecture to the gentleman society
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
Article source: Arches
LINEA – an office and the showroom for exclusive quality and interior decoration materials.
The building is located in the historic district Žvėrynas, the former summer resort and recently part of an old town of Vilnius. Rich with old wooden houses and natural vegetation it is considered one of the most preserved historic small scale homesteads of the city. This is what has become the main challenge – to face the strict architectural and urban protection requirements, by the same time to create a contemporary, memorable, open and inviting object for the public use.
Image Courtesy © Leonas Garbačauskas
- Architects: Arches
- Project: Linea show room
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
- Photography: Leonas Garbačauskas
- Team: Arūnas Liola, Edgaras Neniškis, Rolandas Liola, Enrika Geštautaitė, Marijus Vroblevičius
- Interior: Studio „Pazma“
- Structural Engineers: Arvydas Stumbras, Tomas Žvinys
- Area: 660.38sqm
- Project Year: 2015
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: Jo Nagasaka/ Schemata Architects
JINS, one of the biggest eyewear brands in Japan, commissioned Schemata Architects to design the renewal of their Ageo shop on the occasion of its 12th anniversary. The existing shop consists of two L-shaped blocks, respectively an eyewear shop and a cafe, positioned around a square courtyard surrounded by an open corridor serving as a cozy outdoor cafe space. However, the existing building was clad in wooden panels and the courtyard and the cafe were hidden from the street.
We removed the exterior walls and installed Low-E paired glass to initiate the view towards the beautiful courtyard from the street, while creating an impressive display of their extensive eyewear products highly visible from the street at the same time.
Image Courtesy © Kenta Hasegawa
- Architects: Jo Nagasaka/ Schemata Architects
- Project: Jins Ageo Shop Renovation
- Location: 957-1 Futatsumiya Ageo Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Kenta Hasegawa
- Graphic and sign design: KIGI
- Project team: Ryosuke Yamamoto , Ou Ueno , Takuya Sakamoto
- Construction: FUYUKI KOGYO / Ideura Kensetu (demolition + landscape + façade) / SPACE(interior) / O.F.C(furniture)
- Collaboration: KIGI(sign and graphic design)
- Floors: 1
- Floor area: 239.6m2
- Completion: 08/2016