Archive for the ‘shopping center’ Category
Thursday, March 9th, 2017
Article source: URBANTAINER
Common Ground is the result of an experiment of revitalising unused land in the middle of the city. By applying prefab methods, e.g. producing modules in a factory, transporting them to the construction site and assembling them on-site, it was possible to reduce the construction time of the 5300 m2 building to five months.
In order to maximise the usage efficiency of the elongated rectangular shaped land, the architectural form is based on a center square connecting two buildings.
Image Courtesy © URBANTAINER
- Architects: URBANTAINER
- Project: Common Ground
- Location: 17-1, Gwangjin-gu, Jayang-dong, Seoul and the 5 lands
- Construction: Kolon Environmental Service Co., Ltd.
- Structure Engineer: PAN Structural Engineering Inc.
- Client: Kolon Industries
- Structure Steel Frame Structure
- Modular Construction: Yoochang
- Landscape design:LIVESCAPE / Seungjong Yoo
- Building Scope: 4F / B1F
- Floor Area Ratio: 98.59%
- Building To Land Ratio: 40.8%
- Gross Floor Area: 5,060 sqm
- Building Area: 2,094 sqm
- Site Area: 5,132 sqm
- Completion Date: 2015.04.10
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
Article source: MDW ARCHITECTURE
Programmes of this type are notorious for producing mundane buildings – devoid of interest at best, and often outright urbicide. Our vision goes beyond the mere cosmetic upgrade of the decorated shed, asking: How can the designers of a supermarket quietly succeed in weaving part of the urban fabric?
Image Courtesy © Séverin Malaud
- Architects: MDW ARCHITECTURE & H+G ARCHITECTS
- Project: Quai de Rome
- Location: Liège, Belgium
- Photography: Séverin Malaud
- Client: Delhaize Group
- Team: (MDW) Marie Moignot, Xavier De Wil, Ludovic Raquet, Gilles Debrun, Jérôme Elleboudt, Kristof Van Den Berghe, Yvan Breithof, Thomas Gillet,; (H+G) Charles Herfurth, Guillaume De Ghellinck, Henry Lebrun, François Denayer, Tanguy van Cutsem, Marie-Eve Delfosse
- Mechanical Engineer: DTS
- Structural Engineer: SETESCO
- Contractor: BCDG (Temporary association BERNARD CONSTRUCTION – DONNAY-GOFFIN – CORDEEL)
- Surface: 3.500m²
- Dates: Conception 2009 – completed Septembre 2015
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: DROZDOV & PARTNERS Ltd.
Located in the very heart of kharkov’s busy downtown, ave plaza inevitably became a new commercial hub of the city, attracting visitors with a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as with its striking appearance. the new building fills a gap in the historic tissue along the red line of the street, providing smooth transition between two existing scales. although the building has a relatively small footprint, it proves to be highly efficient due to well thought-out circulation, which provides access to numerous facilities on each of the four commercial floors. in order to achieve maximum efficiency of the retail centre, the volume of the building is pierced by an ellipsoid atrium with a peninsular tower in the middle. the tower is occupied by a variety of restaurants, encouraging visitors to climb higher to the upper floors. the tower inside the atrium creates a lively atmosphere, without spoiling the sightlines and the entire visual perception of the interior space. occupying one fourth of the total area, the atrium represents an allusion to a city quarter. it is topped by a roof garden on the level of the fourth floor.
Image Courtesy © Andrey Avdeenko
- Architects: DROZDOV & PARTNERS Ltd. (Irina Goydenko, Oleg Drozdov, Vyacheslav Zhemir, Aleksandr Zhydkov, Dmitry Zhuykov, Denis Moseyko, Aleksey Yakymenko)
- Project: Ave Plaza
- Location: Sumskaya Str., Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Photography: Andrey Avdeenko
- Client: avek & co
- Size: 23400 m2
- Status: Realized (2011)
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: NOMAA_MARC YOUNAN ARCHITECTES
The project involves the conversion of an industrial building dating from the 19th century into 85 units of social housing, and a nursery with space for 40 cribs, as well as a commercial space and a parking garage. The existing building, which has served a series of varied activities – first as a dairy, then for food processing industries, followed by maintenance workshops and a printing business – was built on a trapezius plan around a courtyard covered with an industrial glass roof sheltering delivery docks.
Image Courtesy © Daniel Moulinet
- Architects: NOMAA_MARC YOUNAN ARCHITECTES (Eddy Vahanian)
- Project: Urban Repurposing of a former dairy
- Location: 13-19 boulevard Ornano, 75018 Paris, France
- Photography: Daniel Moulinet Photographe
- Project owner: Linkcity pour Paris habitat
- BET TCE: Groupe Nox (feasibility study, design and supervision of the engineering trades, contract management for the site)
- General contractor: Brezillon
- Surface area: 9 300 m²
- Cost: 13.5 M€ excluding VAT
Calendar: Delivered in December 2016
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Article source: The Buchan Group
The first stage of Chadstone’s $660 million redevelopment was recently unveiled, reinforcing the retail mecca’s infinite capacity for reinvention.
The latest revamp of the premier shopping and lifestyle destination delivers a centre unlike anything Australia has ever seen, introducing over 100 new retailers, two new dining precincts, a Hoyts digital cinema complex, the Southern Hemisphere’s first LEGOLAND Discovery Centre and a Tesla Motors dealership.
Image Courtesy © Michael Gazzola
- Architects: The Buchan Group + CallisonRTKL
- Project: Chadstone Shopping Centre
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Photography: Michael Gazzola
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
BEHF Corporate Architects of Vienna/Austria has won an Honorable Mention in the first annual AAP American Architecture Prize which recognizes the most outstanding architecture worldwide.
The architects won this in the category Architectural Design /Commercial Architecture for their project “Shopping Nord Graz“.
Shopping Center Nord Graz, Image Courtesy © Markus Kaiser
- Architects: BEHF Corporate Architects
- Project: Shopping Nord Graz
- Location: Wiener Straße 341, 8051 Graz, Austria
- Photography: Markus Kaiser
- Client: Kovac Management GmbH
- Design and concept: Armin Ebner
- Project Manager: Alexander Körözsi
- Collaboators: Christian Schwarzinger
- Area: 10.600 m2
- Project end date: July 2015
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: Veszprémi Építész Műhely Ltd.
In the 20th century the city management started to reconstruct the city centre twice but the reconstruction has never been finished.
Finally the reconstruction was finished a few years ago: we started to work on it in 2008 and it was finished in 2014.
You can see a long street in the city centre, on the one side of the street there is the old part of the city centre and on the other side there is a 20 storey building with the shopping center, which was built in 1970.
Image Courtesy © Dávid Kovács
- Architects: Veszprémi Építész Műhely Ltd., Főmterv Ltd. and Speos Ltd. (Zsolt György Kovács, Jana Beránková, Dávid Kovács, Márton Becker, Péter Lukács)
- Project: The reconstruction of the city centre
- Location: Veszprém, Hungary
- Photography: Dávid Kovács
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: Veszprém City Council
- General contractor: Vemévszer Ltd.
- Landscape design: Dr. Albert Fekete
- Traffic engineering: Kinga Tóth
- Structural engineering: Gábor Huszka
- Public utilities: László Tuboly
- Accessibility: Ágota Ruttkay
- Project area: 30000 m2 public space and 29 m2 information pavilion
- Project Year: 2012-2014
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: Hermann Kamte & Associates
In 2015, we have been participate to “a folly for London competition” a contest organised by A Folly For London; a platform for articles and public engagement regarding the issues underlying the proposed Garden Bridge in central London which launched with a free-to-enter and open-to-all satirical competition for architecture of the absurd.
Image Courtesy © Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: LONDON BAY
- Location: London, UK
- Designer: Hermann Kamte
- Status : Proposal – Criticism
Wednesday, February 8th, 2017
Article source: PRODUCE WORKSHOP
The new Herman Miller Shop-in-Shop at XTRA’s new flagship store at Marina Square, Singapore, is a massive and intriguing structure.
Occupying a 20m long by 7m wide space, the continuous surface stretches across the entire site like a sail of tensile fabric, leading the viewer from the low 3m entrance to the lofty 8m glass curtain wall at the other end. And yet, this structure is made of plywood!
Image Courtesy © PRODUCE WORKSHOP & XTRA DESIGNS
- Architects: PRODUCE WORKSHOP
- Project: XTRA’s Herman Miller Shop-in-Shop
- Location: 6 Raffles Boulevard, #02-48 Marina Square, Singapore 039594
- Photography: Edward Hendricks, CI&A Photography
- Software used: Rhino
- Client: XTRA Designs
- Project Lead: PRODUCE WORKSHOP
- Lead Designer: PAN Yicheng
- Other Project Team Members: LOH Jian Hao, Jay; Don YAP; Stanley TAN; Daniel CHIA; CHUA Hong Zhi; Chantal TAN; TEO Xiao Wei
- Acoustic Consultant and Supply of Invisible Speakers: AOE Pte Ltd
- Project Construction Duration: 12 weeks
- Total Floor Area (Sqm): 842 sqm
- Project Completion: October 2016