Archive for the ‘SketchUp’ Category
Friday, June 12th, 2015
Article source: John Portman & Associates
The project, designed by architects John Portman & Associates, is composed of a 356-key hotel, a residential towerand support amenities on a 21,174-square-meter site in the Bao’an Central Area business district in the booming Qianhai development zone of Shenzhen, China.The hotel tower is 26 stories tall, yet, at 99-meters tall, rises higher than the 29-story residential tower. There is a total built area of 84,600 square meters above grade.
Image Courtesy © www.willpryce.com
- Architects: John Portman & Associates
- Project: JW Marriott Shenzhen Bao’an and Residences at Haiyi Plaza
- Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Photography: www.willpryce.com
- Software used: Microstation (CAD) and Bentley Architecture (BIM), 3DStudio Max and SketchUp
- Owner/Developer: Shenzhen OCT Hotel Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Local Design Institute: Shenzhen Huasen Architecture & Engineering Design Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Structural Engineer: John Portman & Associates / Huasen Architectural & Engineering Consultants
- Interior Design: HBA (Singapore)
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Article source: Vector Architects
The library is located along the seashore of China Bohai Bay. The design key point is focused on exploring the co-existing relationship of the space boundary, the movement of human body, the shifting light ambience, the air ventilating through and the ocean view.
Image Courtesy © Su Shengliang
- Architects: Vector Architects
- Project: Seashore Library
- Location: Nandaihe, China
- Photography: He Bin, Su Shengliang, Xia Zhi, Sun Dongping
- Software used: Sketch Up and V-ray
- Principal Architect: Gong Dong
- Project Architect: Chen Liang
- Site Architect: Yifan Zhang, Dongping Sun
- Design Team: Zhiyong Liu, Hsi Chao Chen, Hsi Mei Hsieh
- Client: Beijing Rocfly Investment (Group) CO., LTD (more…)
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Just BE is an apartment building located in Colonia Condesa, a neighborhood renowned for its social and commercial activity as well as its nightlife. The building sits on the same street as the Fondo de Cultura (Cultural Fund) and the old Bella Época cinema theater, a 1940’s building with a 20-meter high tower that is an icon in the area.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
The client is a Christian family and willing to share their spare roof top to the community. The space is mainly for children gathering and children worship event. Having an interesting and multi-purpose space for free day care and social interaction is considering a good sample for social responsibility for the community.
Image Courtesy © Clivelan
- Architects: Yestudio
- Project: My Secret Garden
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Photography: Clivelan
- Software used: CAD, Sketchup, Adobe
- Area: 40.2 sqm
- Year: 2014
- Award: TID 2014 furniture design gold award.
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Article source: LLI Design
LLI Design have recently completed a total redesign of the ground floor of a newly built (c. 5 year old) detached house in Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom. The clients, a young professional couple with 2 children, wanted a modern look that wasn’t cold and clinical, they wanted their home to be somewhere they could relax and entertain, but at the same time would function as a practical family home.
Image Courtesy © LLI Design
- Architects: LLI Design
- Project: Family residence
- Location: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Photoshop
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Article source: VOX Architects
PUBLICIS GROUPE– is a French transnational advertising-communications holding. The third biggest in the world and the biggest one in Europe. It works in Russia since 1990 and is represented by media-groups:Starcom MediaVest Group Russia (Starcomand MediaVest agencies), Zenith Optimedia Group Russia (Zenith and Optimedia agencies), media-branding and consulting platform VivaKi; creative agencies Leo Burnett, Publicis, Saatchi&Saatchi, and the internal divisionRe:Sources Russia.
Image Courtesy © Alexey Knyazev
- Architects: VOX Architects
- Project: PUBLICIS GROUPE
- Location: Business center “Bolshevik”, Leningradskiy lane,15, Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Alexey Knyazev
- Software used: SketchUp
- Authors: Boris Voskoboynikov, Maria Akhremenkova
- Graphic Design: YuliaDorokhina
- Architectural Supervision: Olga Ivleva, Sergey Kurepin.
- Project Management: Cushman&Wakefield (more…)
Friday, May 29th, 2015
Article source: Manço Architects
The project was designed as a 35-room boutique hotel to be constructed on the site of an abandoned commercial block that will be redeveloped according to the Urban Regeneration Law.
A strong architectural character reflecting the urban context was aimed so that the building will stand out among the numerous small-mid size city hotels being erected in the vicinity. The plot is located on Dolapdere Avenue that is still predominantly lined with auto repair workshops despite the ongoing gentrification process. Accordingly, façade and interior materials referring to the automotive industry with their shapes, textures and colors were preferred.
Image Courtesy © Manço Architects
- Architects: Manço Architects
- Project: Boutique Hotel in Pangalti
- Location: Pangalti, Turkey
- Software used: AutoCAD LT, SketchUp and V-Ray, Photoshop
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Article source: Burobill
Two small make one big.
This playful city house consists of a new wooden home built inside the existing brick framework of the old house.
The client bought the house next to his existing home to expand the amount of square meters to live in and to realize a carport to shelter their car, since parking space is rare in the city.
Image Courtesy © Stijn Bollaert
- Architects: Burobill
- Project: Matryoshka
- Location: Antwerp, Belgium
- Photography: Stijn Bollaert
- Software used: Sketchup, Autocad
- Project architect: Peggy Geens
- Main contractor: PVB
- Gross building volume: 270 m3
- Gross floor surface: 90 m2
- Start construction: April 2011
- Completion: August 2012
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: LINEHOUSE
Located on one of Shanghai’s busiest streets alive with local food stalls, small restaurants, shops and sidewalk activity, Little Catch is a fishmonger specialising in fresh and cooked seafood. LINEHOUSE created a three dimensional net that externally reaches into the street as a canopy and envelops the customers as they enter into the shop. On the ceiling the net, constructed out of a white powder coated metal structure infilled with white mesh of varying densities and transparencies, opens up in areas to create additional shelving for products. On the walls the metal structure folds and bends to hold the fresh seafood display, the cashier, product shelving and a table seating two.
Image Courtesy © Drew Bates
- Architects: LINEHOUSE
- Project: Tiny shanghai shop into little catch fishmonger
- Location: Wulumuqi Road, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Drew Bates
- Software used: AUTOCAD, Sketch up, Photoshop and Indesign
- Graphics: Evelyn Chiu
- Area: 18sqm
- Year of completion: January 2015
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Patano Studio Architecture
Initial site visits at the University of Idaho Pitkin Nursery revealed hoop houses, metal sheds and stacks of planter boxes. Beginning with the idea of a wood box floating on the undulating sea of the Palouse, the design team set out to stitch together the program, landscape and the materiality of Idaho forest products. The college wanted to extend their public outreach in addition to nursery research functions. The outstretched ramps and decks reach out to the landscape and invite the public and students to the building. The Sales Office was pulled through the wood screen as a way to express itself beyond the functions of classroom, offices, and social gathering. The weathering cedar wood screen that stands off the building was imagined as a modern western storefront. The repetition of stacked boxes was intriguing; we saw that as the piece that expressed the transition from working nursery to classroom. The cedar wood screen is the threshold element for faculty and students to step through the gap between the two elements; wood screen and black box.
Image Courtesy © Sozinho Imagery
- Architects: Patano Studio Architecture
- Project: REVELEY CLASSROOM BUILDING
- Location: Moscow, Idaho
- Photography: Sozinho Imagery
- Software used: Hand Sketching, Sketchup, AutoCAD, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Awards: 2014 AIA Idaho Honor Award, 2014 AIA Best Use of Idaho Wood Award, 2015 Green Building With Wood Award
- Area: 2,130 sqft
- Year: 2014