Article source: Philippe Barriere Collective
Initiated by the foundation Symboles, the project is situated at the intersection of two main axes in central Tunis. The project includes the redesign of the Square of 14 Janvier and its surroundings as well as the construction of the World Social Center (WSC) Tower. This project reflects the political will to express the ideological and social changes brought about by the Tunisian revolution that took place between December and January 2011. Supported by competent political authorities, the project was managed within the foundation Symboles by the innovation adviser of Tunisian President Monsef Marzouki and monitored by his cultural adviser.
- Architects: Philippe Barriere Collective (Philippe Barriere with Matthew R. Pauly, Hughes St Hilaire, Nicolas Wojcik, Charles Gretas, Yoann Plourde, Ottavy Thibault, Jonathan Lajchter, Samuel Pouliot, Sébastien Lequeux, Catherine Bouchard, Alexandre Hamlyn, Emmanuelle Cardu Gobeille, Maher Bellaj (Tunisia))
- Project: WORLD SOCIAL CENTER (WSC)
- Location: Square of 14 Janvier, Tunis, Tunisia
- Local Architects: Studio 3, (Iheb Guermazi, Adnen Ben Tanfous), Tunis, Tunisia.
- Project Managers: Philippe Barriere, Maher Bellaj (Philippe Barriere Collective) – Adnen Ben Tanfous (Studio 3), Tunis – Michel Bertrand (MB&Co), Paris.
- Structural Engineer: Pascal Pierre (Canada), Michel Bertrand (France).
- Building Cost Engineer: MB&Co, Paris (France).
- Local Engineer: Tarek Gorbel, Tunis (Tunisie).
- Renderings: LMM, Mathieu Grenier Digital Artist (Canada).
- Graphic Designer: Wiklo, Mohamed Souheil (Dubai).
- Landscape Architects: Philippe Barriere Collective (Philippe Barriere, Sébastien Lequeux)
- Project Area: 78 000m²
- Project dates: Studies began in May 2012 and were abandoned in May 2013