Article source: Víctor García Martínez Arquitecto
The Social Center and Magistrate’s Court of Rafelbunyol is a facility located in the South area of the village, in a new growth settlement. The public plot appears in the urban design as an interstitial space (almost a leftover) among the roundabout connecting with the consolidated area and the existing buildings. As a result, the geometry is very irregular with a curved boundary that hinders the disposition of clean volumes. Additionally, the plot dimensions are quite reduced so the occupation is necessarily very high to achieve the programmatic requirements.
- Architects: Víctor García Martínez Arquitecto
- Project: Social Center
- Location: Rafelbunyol, Valencia, Spain
- Photography: Diego Opazo
- Architects Contributors: Daniel Martin Fuentes, Marta Sinisterra Olavarrieta, Cristina Tudela Marco
- Builder: ELIT, EDIFICACION TERCIARIA E INDUSTRIAL S.A.
- Developer: AYUNTAMIENTO DE RAFELBUNYOL
- Area: 930.75 sqm
- Year: 2010