Archive for the ‘Sports Complex’ Category
Sunday, June 10th, 2012
Article source: El Equipo de Mazzanti
Hope Forest is a sport center in the outskirts of Bogotá where the community can practice several sports and take part of different recreational and academic activities that lead to a cooperative community. This project was made possible thanks to the foundation “Pies Descalzos” founded by the well known singer Shakira and the Spanish ONG “Ayuda en Acción”.
Bosque de la Esperanza
- Architects: El Equipo de Mazzanti
- Project: Bosque de la Esperanza
- Location: Altos de Cazucá, Soacha, Colombia
- Architect Designer: Giancarlo Mazzanti
- Architects Partners: Juan Manuel Gil, Lorena Gonzalez, Jonathan Hernandez, Liv Johana Zea, Charline Lalanne
- Year Project: 2010
- Year of construction: 2011
- Structural Engineer: Nicolás Parra
Tuesday, May 1st, 2012
Article source: Perkins Eastman
The Lekhwiya Sports Complex will be the home stadium for the winning team of the Royal Cup, the Lekhwiya Club. The complex will also be used as a training site and home base for a guest team participating in the 2022 World Cup.
Designed in collaboration with ECG, Pieper Sports Facility Consulting, and Site Concepts International, the Lekhwiya Sports Complex will serve as an identifiable icon for the home club, while its mix of uses will provide for a variety of experiences for players, fans, and sponsors alike. Inspiration for the design drew from longstanding aspects of Doha’s and Qatar’s culture and their dominating features. For instance, Doha’s location on the water, its history as a port city, and its boating and sailing culture inspired the design of the stadium’s very form. At the same time, the history of pearl harvesting in the Arabian Gulf is referenced in the smooth white oval and dome shapes.
Lekhwiya Sports Complex (Images Courtesy Perkins Eastman)
- Architect: Perkins Eastman
- Name of project: Lekhwiya Sports Complex
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Building size: Stadium – 60,000 sf
- Structure: Concrete, steel, tensile fabric
- Client: Private Engineering Office of the Emir
- Image credit: Courtesy Perkins Eastman
- Associate Architect, MEP Engineer, and Structural Engineer: ECG
- Sports consultant: Pieper Sports Consulting
- Landscape Designer: Site Concepts International
- Status: Under construction
- Completion Date: Stadium: August 2012
Thursday, April 26th, 2012
Article source: David tajchman
Tenniscalator is a proposal for a new tennis centre in Vaxjo, Sweden. Made entirely out of wood it spans an area of 9000 m2. The site chosen for the project is large enough to welcome a one level tennis complex programme. However, a quick analysis of the areas shows the possibility of concentrating everything in almost 10% of the plot area. this concentration in the northern part of the parcel allows the development of a 13652 square meters landscape facing the future built developments. Layering tennis courts is aimed to give a landmark character to the proposal. The wooden totem reaches a height of 58 meters. Not too high, nor too flat, this iconic piece of wood is now visible from far, easy to recognize, easier to identify the neighbourhood.
Building compact permits environmental advantages such as economies of energies and displacements. Heating, ventilation, water, gas and electricity networks are shorter in a vertical setting then in the horizontal one.
Image Courtesy david tajchman
Saturday, April 21st, 2012
Article source: Estudio de Arquitectura NAOS
The Complex in Barreiro has been designed for recreational and sporting use, besides being a leisure and aquatic centre. It has three swimming pools: one with 6 lanes of 25 metres in length, a swimming pool of learning and other one with water beds, Jacuzzi and massage jets. What particularity stands out is its large central space linked to the sports activities and it’s a glass prism with maximum use of natural light and allows the best ventilation of the spaces.
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
Article source: NAOS Architecture
The location of the Sport Complex and Swimming Center in La Florida, Vigo, was a challenge because it was in a empty space of a built block, with a very high slope. So, the superior level stayed and the building was constructed below this level and it develops the functional program semi-buried. Therefore, on top of the building, was projected a public square and the slope of the terrain.
Images Courtesy of Héctor Santos-Díez
- ARCHITECT: NAOS ARCHITECTURE (SANTIAGO GONZÁLEZ & MIGUEL PORRAS, ARCHITECTS)
- PROJECT NAME: SPORT COMPLEX AND SWIMMING CENTER IN LA FLORIDA, VIGO
- LOCATION: VIGO, SPAIN
- COMPLETION DATE: 2010
- PHOTOGRAPHER: HÉCTOR SANTOS-DIEZ, MÀIS QUE AUGA
- SITE AREA (FLOOR AREA): 4.689 m²
- CONSTRUCTION AREA: 4.742 m²
- ESTRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: E3 ARQUITECTOS
- INSTALLATIONS ENGINEERING: DAVISA INGENIERÍA
- Software used: AUTOCAD and 3DMAX
Sunday, March 25th, 2012
Article source: Wiel Arets Architects
Situated in the Leidsche Rijn, a newly built housing district within the periphery of Utrecht, the Sports Campus aims to contribute a public and rather iconographic aspect to the predominantly low-rise area, lacking points of recognition. Two schools, divided up into four wings, stretched out onto the boundaries of the terrain, are organized around a centrally positioned volume containing the shared facilities.
Sport College Leidsche Rijn
- Architects: Wiel Arets Architects
- Project: Sport College
- Location: Leidsche Rijn, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Function: secondary school, sport
- Contributed by: Bjorn Utpott
- Completion: 2006
- Floor area/size: 19107 m2
- Client: Sport College LR + VN Leidsche Rijn
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012
Article source: Erik Moederscheim
After a selection is MoederscheimMoonen Architects chosen as the design agency that provides for the new home of two football development in the Park Zestienhoven Rotterdam. Zestienhoven Park includes more than 1800 luxury homes located next to Rotterdam Airport and close to the existing park area within the new plan will be developed.
- ARCHITECT: Erik Moederscheim – MoederscheimMoonen Architects
- NAME OF PROJECT: Sportspavilion Zestienhoven-Rotterdam
- LOCATION: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- CONTRACT: New build sports 16Hoven, Rotterdam
- FEATURES: Catering (canteens), board rooms, changing facilities, storage, terrace
- CLIENT: Sports and Recreation Department and Housing & Urban Development Department, City of Rotterdam
Wednesday, February 15th, 2012
Article source: JGMA
Opened in September 2011, this is the first link of a soccer-focused master plan developed by United Neighborhood Organization (UNO). The innovative design and school program take on a new and progressive approach to education.
Overall view looking Northeast towards the main entry
- Architects: JGMA
- Project: UNO Elementary School Soccer Academy
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Completion Date: September 2011
- Owner:United Neighborhood Organization (UNO)
- Design Team: Juan Gabriel Moreno, Cosmin Vrajitoru, Jason Nuttelman, John Rausch, David Ruffing, Linda Chavez, Michael Cady
Tuesday, February 14th, 2012
Article source: Mamen Domingo and Ernest Ferré, architects
The word “polilleuger” arises from a proposal to conduct a sports facility with the idea of sustainability and low maintenance. We must rethink the architecture, like so many other things in society. This was the idea of this equipment. Leveraging the existing soil. Give more use to the sports that schools use very few hours a day.
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012
Article source: SGL Projekt s.r.o.
In 2006 we were asked to design the revitalization of a farmstead for congress, company presentation, holding of corporate events and leisure activities. For this purpose our client bought 19th century farmstead located at a large pound. The farmstead included a distillery with it’s chimney. From 1926 there have lived storks on the chimney. It became the main reason for buying this farm.
Riding arena (Images Courtesy Jaroslav Malý and SGL Projekt)
- Architect: SGL Projekt s.r.o.
- Name of Project: The Stork Nest Farm
- Location: Dvůr Semtín, Olbramovice, Czech Republic
- Client / Developer: Farma Čapí hnízdo, a.s.
- International award: World Architecture Festival 2011, Barcelona – Shortlisted
- Category: Sports (Sports hall)