Archive for the ‘Stadium’ Category
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Article source: Tekla
Baku Olympic Stadium is a monumental project for the Republic of Azerbaijan where major multinational firms cooperated for an astonishing result.
The project is under construction and the estimation of completion is in the beginning of 2015.
Sunday, April 13th, 2014
Article source: Francisco Mangado
A soccer field has a fundamental and obvious function: to play soccer. But it also has two more functions that are not so evident but no less important. The first has to do with representation. A soccer field has become a work with certain iconic potential for the city. It can be a landmark, a building that is important not only for its quantitative characteristics, but also for its qualitative ones, a container for the dreams of the people. The second aspect stems from an obvious question: An area with the dimensions of a soccer field takes up a great expanse, which is used only on occasion. Doesn’t this result in a waste of space? The answer is clearly yes.
Image Courtesy © Roland Halbe
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: La Balastera Soccer Stadium
- Location: Palencia, España
- Photography: Roland Halbe
- Construction area: 15.200 m2
- Budget: 7.212.500 €
- Competition : 2005 First prize competition.
- Project: 2005
- Construction: 2006
- Client: Palencia city hall.
- Project management: Francisco Mangado
- Collaborators: Architecture: José M. Gastaldo, Koldo Fernández, Francesca Fiorelli, Enrique Jerez, Hugo Mónica, Ibon Vicinay.
- Structural engineering: NB 35 SL (Jesús Jiménez Cañas / Alberto López) Ingenieros.
- Contractor: UTE Nueva Balastera
Saturday, April 12th, 2014
Article source: gmp · von Gerkan, Marg and Partners · Architects
In the southern Chinese city of Dongguan – a city of several million – a basketball stadium has been completed to plans by architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp). The building can be seen from afar and is a landmark that provides identity and orientation to the people in the new district of Liaobu. The stadium has space for nearly 15,000 visitors and can be used for sports and other events; it is the new main competition venue for one of the most successful Chinese basketball teams, the Dongguan Leopards. Basketball is increasingly popular with the Chinese, particularly so since Yao Ming, who is celebrated as a national hero, made his entry into the US basketball league – the NBA.
Image Courtesy © Christian Gahl
- Architects: gmp · von Gerkan, Marg and Partners · Architects
- Project: Basketball stadium
- Location: Dongguan, China
- Photography: Christian Gahl
- Competition: 2006 – 1st prize
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Stephan Schütz with Stephan Rewolle
- Project Manager: Katina Roloff
- Scheme design team: Yang Li, Linda Stannieder, Yin Chao Jie, Cao Ping, Marlene Törper, Zhou Bin
- Detailed design team: Cao Ping, Yang Li, Yin Chao Jie, Jenny Thia, Andreas Maue, Pan Xin, Matthias Wiegelmann, Johannes Erdmann, Clemens Döhler, Sun Lulu, Artur Platt, Zhou Bin, Li Ling
- Structural design: sbp – schlaich bergermann and partners, Stuttgart
- Chinese partner practice: CABR
- Client: Dongguan Civil Construction Administration Office
- GFA: 60,600 m²
- Seats: 14,730
- Construction period: 2009–2014
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
Article source: BKA / Bahadır Kul Architects
The stadium is expected to used for international and national sports.The capacity of stadium is 25.000 spectators. it is thought to be a symbolic building for the city because of its architectural design and its audience.
Image Courtesy © Ket Kolektif
- Architects: BKA / Bahadır Kul Architects
- Project: Stadium
- Location: Mersin, Turkey
- Photography: Ket Kolektif
- Construction period: 2012-2013
- Capacity: 25.000 person
- Site Area: 111.000 m2
- Total Floor Area: 75.000 m2
- Project Type: Sports
- Client: Housing Development Administration of Turkey
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
Sandnes Ulf Stadium is a new stadium for the football club. The Stadium meets UEFA’s requirements for a modern stadium with room for 7.900 spectators and contains also a school. The close relation between school and sports arena breeds an interdisciplinary community.
Image Courtesy © Henning Larsen Architects
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Project: SANDNES ULF STADIUM
- Location: Sandnes, Norge
- Client: Sandnes Ulf
- Year of design: 2013 – 2014
- Type of assignment: Commission
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: 3XN
The Danish town of Horsens brands itself on cultural events with a national as well as international appeal, not least when it comes to football and music. Home ground for AC Horsens, the local football team, and venue for megaconcerts with artists like Madonna and Rolling Stones, the Horsens Stadium required an architectural solution in which the stadium will become a brand itself. It is created to make the players and the crowd feels the intensity of the arena and the excitement of the game.
Image Courtesy © 3XN
- Architects: 3XN
- Project: Forum Horsens Stadium
- Location: Denmark
Friday, February 28th, 2014
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
A new football stadium for Tripoli: the groundbreaking ceremony for the National Stadium in the new sports park, which was designed by the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp) took place on Wednesday 26 February 2014. The ceremony took place in the presence of the Libyan Prime Minister, Ali Seidan, the German Ambassador, Christian Much, the football legend Franz Beckenbauer and the gmp Project Manager, Hans-Joachim Paap. gmp has been commissioned with the scheme design for the project as well as the detailed design.
Image Courtesy © gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: National Stadium
- Location: Tripoli, Libya
- Design: Volkwin Marg and Hubert Nienhoff
- Associate Partners: Hans-Joachim Paap, Jochen Köhn
- Team members: Nikolai Reich, Martin Krebes, Barbara Düring, Torsten Weber
- Structural design: (outline design) Werner Sobek Ingenieure, Stuttgart
- Structural design: (scheme and detailed design) schlaich bergermann und partner, Stuttgart
- Services engineering: (outline design) Bechtold Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH, Berlin
- Project commissioned by: Masterplan Libya, Tripolis, Kronberg
- Client: Lidco – Libyan Investment and Development Co. Tripolis
- General contractor: Porr Libya
- Seats: 71,000
Saturday, February 1st, 2014
Article source: Interval Architects
The project calls for an intervention of the existing sport ground in a public school of Beijing. We define the project as a 1/2 stadium because the scale, size, formal expression and use of the architecture stand in between an official stadium and a blank sport field.
Image Courtesy © GU Yunduan
- Architects: Interval Architects
- Project: 1/2 Stadium
- Location: Shijingshan district, Beijing
- Photography: GU Yunduan
- Software used: Rhino and Autocad
- Principal Architect: Oscar KO, GU Yunduan
- Site Area: 17,000㎡
- Completion Date: November, 2013
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Article source: Andrea Maffei Architects
The competition involves the construction of a new stadium with a capacity of 12,000 seats, easily upgradeable to 16,000 seats.
The request is to build a modern sports center, performing, and secure.
The project area includes, in addition to the stadium itself, a regular-size field for training, and a real “sports village” with shops for fans, dining, and meeting places.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Maffei Architects
- Architects: Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Ruch Chorzow Stadium
- Location: Chorzow, Poland
- Program: football stadium
- Client: Stowarzyszenie Architektów Polskich Oddział Katowice
- Competition time: September 2013 – October 2013
- Coordination: Stefano Bergagna, Andrea Maffei Architects
- Design team: Stefano Bergagna, Giuliano Godoli, Giorgio Ramponi / Andrea Maffei Architects s.r.l. Milano
- Structure project: prof. Massimo Majowiecki, Studio Tecnico Majowiecki
- Associate architect: Jagiełło Krysiak Architekci
- Total area: 100.527 sqm
- Covered area: 33.254 sqm
- Seats: 12.108, 16203 seats
- Maximum height: 18,25 m
- Materials: concrete, steel, glass, teflon
Saturday, November 16th, 2013
Article source: Fernandes Arquitetos Associados
The project of Pernambuco Arena – as well as the one for other sports spaces designed by Fernandes – holds multifunctionality and sustainability as brands. Initially designed to host the soccer games of World Cup 2014, the arena built in São Lourenço da Mata, city of the metropolitan region of Recife, is ready to receive other kinds of events and contribute for developing its surroundings.
Image Courtesy © Fernandes Arquitetos Associados