Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: STUDIO UP d.o.o.
Hotel Amarin sits in a thick pine forest, at the eastern edge of the „Monsena-Valdaliso“ tourist zone. From its peninsula, it looks out and curves toward Rovinj, Venice, distant seas horizons and the tiny island of Figarola.
Image Courtesy © Robert Leš
- Architects: STUDIO UP d.o.o.
- Project: Hotel Amarin
- Location: Rovinj , Val de Lesso 5, Croatia
- Photography: Robert Leš
- Software used: Autocad
- Lead Architects: Lea Pelivan, Toma Plejić
- Main Contractor: Kamgrad d.o.o.
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Project Team: Izvor Simonović-Majcan, Iva Martinis, Jelena Martić, Tin Pelivan, Domagoj Bolanča, Nikola Brlek, Krešimir Renić, Stanislava Odrljin, Marina Zajec, Ana Pall
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: Graham Baba Architects
Tectonic, a digital experience design studio, desired an open workspace that satisfied their simple office requirements while simultaneously providing space for entertainment—a union of work and relaxation. The modest 2,738-square-foot office space is located on the fourth floor of a six-story, mixed-used building in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Graham Baba Architects
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: Veech X Veech
Vienna-based Veech X Veech expands Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha, Qatar, by creating a landmark building and two broadcast media environments.
Veech X Veech has recently been honored with this year’s Set of the Year Award at the NAB in Las Vegas, conferred by NewcastStudio, the most important trade platform for the broadcasting industry.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Veech X Veech
- Project: Al Jazeera Network Studio Building
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Photography: Hufton + Crow
- Client: Al Jazeera Media Network
- Design Team: Stuart A. Veech, Mascha Veech-Kosmatschof, Thomas Milly, Bernhard Trummer, Miguel Pereira, Mihai Potra
- Building Size: 1650sqm
- Studio Size: 400sqm
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: selgascano
What is being sought with this studio is quite simple: work under the trees. To do so, we need a roof that is as transparent as possible. Also, at the same time, we need to isolate the desk zone from direct sunlight. Hence the transparent northern part. The part that is covered with a bent sheet of 20mm colourless plexiglass on the north side. The south side, where the desks are, has to be closed in much more, but not completely, so there is double sheet of fibreglass and polyester in its natural colour on the south side, with translucent insulation in the middle. All three form a 110 mm thick sandwich.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: selgascano
- Project: Studio in the Woods
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Metal structure: TCI industrial technical metalwork
- Authors: Jose Selgas, Lucia Cano, architects
- Collaboration: Jose de Villar, architect
- Date: 2007-2008
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: Kimmel Eshkolot architects
Creating a new urban plaza, the project includes studios for dance, music, sports and a library. Completed in 2016.
The community center includes a variety of spaces, such as an arts and crafts workshop, music rooms, dance studios, martial-arts studios, a multi-purpose hall and a ‘youth wing’. Next to the main building is a library, which operates as a multi-media center, attracting visitors of all ages for a variety of activities. The two buildings are designed to operate together and separately.
Image Courtesy © Kimmel Eshkolot architects
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: WAATAA_we are all together around architecture
We found three empty large spaces with substantial height ceilings, large windows dimensions and each with its own sanitary facilities. Their use till the date was commercial.
Image Courtesy © WAATAA PHOTOGRAPHY
- Architects: WAATAA_we are all together around architecture
- Project: BY Studios
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: WAATAA PHOTOGRAPHY
- Design team: Rita Cantisano Diz, Lucas Cantisano Diz, Miguel de Gouveia André
- Manufacturers: Bolon Floors, O/M Light, Tres griferia, Leds C4, Cinca
- Area: 157,71 m2
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: KEM STUDIO
The Two West space was as much about the design of the branding + communications company’s culture as it was the design of the space. Unexpected interaction with communal lounge and café spaces, oversized doors and large expanses of uninterrupted glazing make the company process visible to employees and client, increase collaborative work space and define the company culture through the design of the space. In the end, the space and architectural elements reinforce the companies brand and facilitates how they want their employees to work.
Image Courtesy © KEM STUDIO
- Architects: KEM STUDIO
- Project: Two West KC & Two West LA
- Location: Kansas City, USA
- Software used: Revit
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: h2o architectes
The R buildings concerned by our rehabilitation project are located in the lower part of the site of the Cartoucherie at Bourg-les-Valence, listed as a Historic Monument. The first phase of the work led by the town and the architect Philippe Prost allowed for the rehabilitation of the principal building with its fine architectural qualities and of the courtyard, which were both in a ruinous state. This important building of our heritage was, in 2009, transformed into a place of creation with the opening of a new major center for quality film animation.
Image Courtesy © Myr Muratet
- Architects: H2o architects with ID + Engineering
- Project: La Cartoucherie
- Location: The Cartoucherie, Bourg-lès-Valence Commune, France
- Photography: Julien Attard and Myr Muratet
- Commissionner: Community of Agglomerations Valence Romans South Rhône-Alpes
- Cost of works: 2 300 000 € HT
- Area: 2,420 m²
- Dated: Delivered 2016
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: Marcos Guiponi
Sinergia Cowork originally started as a real estate development project, with 32 offices and 4 rental meeting rooms. Just another operation inside a recycled space that in its history worked housed a carpentry, mechanical workshop, movie studio and warehouse.
The offices function as a cowork: A recent concept in contemporary office spaces, where the user inserts himself into a heterogeneous collaborative environment that enhances his work and social skills.
The project seeks to maintain the aesthetics of the pre-existing building by using completely removable lightweight structures, made through metal beams and Structural Insulated Panels walls, and by using a neutral color palette (white and light gray), where the only color is given by the coworkers, vegetation and furniture.
The main entrance of the building is through a garage door, that is highlighted by the logo of the company. The ground floor consists of a central yard that articulates offices with cowork spaces and meeting rooms. Smaller offices are distributed in the upper floor, together with a 3d printing workshop, flexible cowork spaces, living rooms, and a photography studio.
The existing basement, built at the beginning of the 20th century, with vaults and walls in brick and stone, becomes the space of relaxation, housing the playroom, dining room, kitchen and a giant screen.
On the roof, and going through the original wooden truss, you can access an event room with an outdoor deck that is used on weekends as a place of interaction and relaxation of the coworkers outside their working hours.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Guiponi
- Architects: Emilio Magnone + Marcos Guiponi
- Project: Sinergia Cowork Palermo
- Location: Palermo, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Photography: Marcos Guiponi
- Collaborators: Mateo Vidal, Valentina Viqueira
- Structure: Magnone-Pollio Ingenieros Civiles
- Project Area: (sqm) 1400
- Year: 2013-2014
Friday, February 24th, 2017
Article source: zupelli design architettura: ZDA
The Studio realized according to criterion of balance and simplicity. That’s reflects the ZDA modus operandi.
On the first floor we find a room for the preliminary research of materials and the subsequent assembly. Here take shape the first tangible traces of a project, through the construction of maquettes, models of study and mood boards.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Sturla, Ezio Zupelli
- Architects: zupelli design architettura: ZDA
- Project: ZDA STUDIO
- Location: Orzinuovi (Bs), Italy
- Photography: Matteo Sturla, Ezio Zupelli
- Partner: Artemide, Floss, Glass Italia, Venini, Vitra
- Surface: 70 sqm
- Year: 2016