Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: WAATAA_we are all together around architecture
We found three empty large spaces with substantial height ceilings, large windows dimensions and each with its own sanitary facilities. Their use till the date was commercial.
Image Courtesy © WAATAA PHOTOGRAPHY
- Architects: WAATAA_we are all together around architecture
- Project: BY Studios
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: WAATAA PHOTOGRAPHY
- Design team: Rita Cantisano Diz, Lucas Cantisano Diz, Miguel de Gouveia André
- Manufacturers: Bolon Floors, O/M Light, Tres griferia, Leds C4, Cinca
- Area: 157,71 m2
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: KEM STUDIO
The Two West space was as much about the design of the branding + communications company’s culture as it was the design of the space. Unexpected interaction with communal lounge and café spaces, oversized doors and large expanses of uninterrupted glazing make the company process visible to employees and client, increase collaborative work space and define the company culture through the design of the space. In the end, the space and architectural elements reinforce the companies brand and facilitates how they want their employees to work.
Image Courtesy © KEM STUDIO
- Architects: KEM STUDIO
- Project: Two West KC & Two West LA
- Location: Kansas City, USA
- Software used: Revit
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: h2o architectes
The R buildings concerned by our rehabilitation project are located in the lower part of the site of the Cartoucherie at Bourg-les-Valence, listed as a Historic Monument. The first phase of the work led by the town and the architect Philippe Prost allowed for the rehabilitation of the principal building with its fine architectural qualities and of the courtyard, which were both in a ruinous state. This important building of our heritage was, in 2009, transformed into a place of creation with the opening of a new major center for quality film animation.
Image Courtesy © Myr Muratet
- Architects: H2o architects with ID + Engineering
- Project: La Cartoucherie
- Location: The Cartoucherie, Bourg-lès-Valence Commune, France
- Photography: Julien Attard and Myr Muratet
- Commissionner: Community of Agglomerations Valence Romans South Rhône-Alpes
- Cost of works: 2 300 000 € HT
- Area: 2,420 m²
- Dated: Delivered 2016
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: Marcos Guiponi
Sinergia Cowork originally started as a real estate development project, with 32 offices and 4 rental meeting rooms. Just another operation inside a recycled space that in its history worked housed a carpentry, mechanical workshop, movie studio and warehouse.
The offices function as a cowork: A recent concept in contemporary office spaces, where the user inserts himself into a heterogeneous collaborative environment that enhances his work and social skills.
The project seeks to maintain the aesthetics of the pre-existing building by using completely removable lightweight structures, made through metal beams and Structural Insulated Panels walls, and by using a neutral color palette (white and light gray), where the only color is given by the coworkers, vegetation and furniture.
The main entrance of the building is through a garage door, that is highlighted by the logo of the company. The ground floor consists of a central yard that articulates offices with cowork spaces and meeting rooms. Smaller offices are distributed in the upper floor, together with a 3d printing workshop, flexible cowork spaces, living rooms, and a photography studio.
The existing basement, built at the beginning of the 20th century, with vaults and walls in brick and stone, becomes the space of relaxation, housing the playroom, dining room, kitchen and a giant screen.
On the roof, and going through the original wooden truss, you can access an event room with an outdoor deck that is used on weekends as a place of interaction and relaxation of the coworkers outside their working hours.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Guiponi
- Architects: Emilio Magnone + Marcos Guiponi
- Project: Sinergia Cowork Palermo
- Location: Palermo, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Photography: Marcos Guiponi
- Collaborators: Mateo Vidal, Valentina Viqueira
- Structure: Magnone-Pollio Ingenieros Civiles
- Project Area: (sqm) 1400
- Year: 2013-2014
Friday, February 24th, 2017
Article source: zupelli design architettura: ZDA
The Studio realized according to criterion of balance and simplicity. That’s reflects the ZDA modus operandi.
On the first floor we find a room for the preliminary research of materials and the subsequent assembly. Here take shape the first tangible traces of a project, through the construction of maquettes, models of study and mood boards.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Sturla, Ezio Zupelli
- Architects: zupelli design architettura: ZDA
- Project: ZDA STUDIO
- Location: Orzinuovi (Bs), Italy
- Photography: Matteo Sturla, Ezio Zupelli
- Partner: Artemide, Floss, Glass Italia, Venini, Vitra
- Surface: 70 sqm
- Year: 2016
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: Olson Kundig
Studio Sitges is a live/work space for a photographer and his family. Located three blocks from the
Mediterranean Sea, the building captures the casual energy of this cosmopolitan beach town thirty minutes from Barcelona.
The house is zoned vertically, with two large below-grade photography studios anchoring the building, a main floor for entertaining both large and small groups, and private areas above. A glass elevator moves between floors and culminates in an intimate rooftop atelier. Kundig describes the whole house as a studio—a space in which things can happen.
Image Courtesy © Nikolas Koenig
- Architects: Olson Kundig
- Project: Studio Sitges
- Location: Sitges, Spain
- Photography: Nikolas Koenig and Petter Hegre
- Project Team: Tom Kundig, FAIA
- Design Principal: Elizabeth Bianchi Conklin, AIA, LEED AP
- Project Manager: Megan Zimmerman, Architectural Staff
- Contractor: Carbonell Freixas S.L.
- Structural engineering: MCE Structural Consultants
- Steel/metal fabrication and installation: Metalisteria Mecrimar S.L.
- Electrical and plumbing: Joan Figueras S.A.
- Pool: Reindesa
- Garage doors and gates: Portes Joan Rius
- Radiant flooring and air conditioning: Tecnotrol
- Audio system: Digital Luxe
- Painting: 9 Colors
- Wood floors: Ebony & Co.
- Marble: Arch. Gianclaudio Papasogli Tacca
- Year: 2010
Friday, February 3rd, 2017
Article source: Studioninedots
The tender for the end building on Stationsplein (Station square) in Delft was won by Smit’s Bouwbedrijf BV|Vink Bouw Nieuwkoop BV. Studioninedots was responsible for the architecture.
Centrally located in Nieuw Delft, this lively place creates space for meeting, knowledge exchange and innovation: the DNA of Delft. The strength of this robust complex called ‘Antoni’ lies in the physical connection of the dynamic surroundings with an urban, mixed-use function that incorporates exhibition and meeting spaces, a hotel with restaurant, workspaces, retail and apartments. Integrated underneath the building will be a new public parking facility for 2.400 bicycles.
The construction agreement between the development group and the municipal developer Ontwikkelingsbedrijf Spoorzone Delft was signed on 21 December 2016.
Image Courtesy © Studioninedots|WAX architectural visualisation
- Architects: Studioninedots
- Project: THE ANTONI BUILDING
- Location: Stationsplein, Delft, Netherlands
- Photography: Studioninedots|WAX architectural visualisation
- Client: Municipality of Delft, Ontwikkelingsbedrijf Spoorzone Delft
- Design team: Albert Herder, Vincent van der Klei, Arie van der Neut, Metin van Zijl
- Project team: Jurjen van der Horst, Stefan Dannel, Wouter Hermanns, Gerty Daniëls
- Team: Smit’s Bouwbedrijf BV | Vink Bouw Nieuwkoop BV | Amory+Jurriëns | Studioninedots
- Consultants: Born2Brand | Pieters Bouwtechniek | NIBE | Hiensch Engineering
- Plot: 2.000 m2
- Size: 12,500m2 (GFA)
- EPC: 0 (apartments), 0,49 (overall)
- GPR: 8,3
- Design-completion: 2016 – 2019
- Status: Winning tender, in progress
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
Article source: v2com
Rather than settling for mass-market anonymity, BECYCLE focuses on nurturing its unique identity and providing personal customer service. The studio is a space for kindred spirits who share a healthy, urban lifestyle and have highly developed aesthetic expectations.
Entrance area with shopping and chill-out zones, Image Courtesy © Sven Philipp
- Architects: Lien Tran Interior Design + Götz + Bilchev Architekten, DRAA
- Project: BECYCLE Boutique Fitness Studio: Quality over Quantity
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Photography: Sven Philipp, Waldemar Salesski
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Article source: Houben & Van Mierlo Architecten
Amsterdam North is rapidly developing into a diverse and desirable district of Amsterdam. In a special location in the heart of this neighbourhood, Houben & Van Mierlo Architecten have designed the renovation of two old ‘potato barns’ into contemporary residential properties for two families, including an in-house photo studio for the famous photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes.
Image Courtesy © Houben & Van Mierlo Architecten
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: 9cm
This project located next to Hong-ik University, in Seogyo-dong Seoul, has the art department of reputation. So young artists have settled their small studios in old houses along with the university streets, and influenced arts, design, architecture, literature, and more. Then this town became a huge space for cultural exchange of young people and this activity changed old buildings into a brand new or unique remodeled buildings to fit artists’ lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © Yousub Song
- Architects: 9cm
- Project: Full Metal Jacket – Old House Renovation
- Location: Seogyo-DONG, Mapo-GU, Seoul, Korea
- Photography: Yousub Song
- Architect and construction manager: 9cm
- Construction: 9cm
- Team: Ahn Chulmin, Koo Junghwan, Lee Sangyoon, Namgoong Yong
- Architecture area: 221.63 m2