Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Friday, September 29th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
Magasin 113 is located within Gothenburg’s future Frihamnen RiverCity — the largest urban development project in Scandinavia. The proposed 16,500m2 transformation and extension of the existing warehouse is located on the riverfront, will create a more inclusive and vibrant area of the city. The entire site occupies the edge of an existing public square while Magasin 113 itself located in an existing historical warehouse structure which will offer flexible offices, an art centre, pop-up spaces, a café, tourist information, shops, a restaurant and studios. Gothenburg-based advertising agency Forsman & Bodenfors and Göteborgs Konsthall have plans to establish its offices in the building.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Magasin 113
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Client: Gothenburg City Council and Älvstranden Utveckling
- Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Fokke Moerel with Klaas Hofman, Daniella Persson, Mathias Pudelko, Alicja Pawlak and Mateusz Wojcieszek
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Pavlos Ventouris, Massimiliano Marzoli, Paolo Mossa Idra and Davide Calabro
- Co-architects: BSK Arkitekter
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
Article source: Pietro Terlizzi Arquitetura
This 2000.00m² shed located in the neighborhood of Vila Leopoldina – São Paulo, near Marginal Pinheiros was used as a factory and warehouse for 50 years and was seen as a potential structure for a new function.
The owners, who work in the midst of fashion and accustomed to travel to many cities working (mainly from the United States), have found that this type of structure, being transformed and used quite often as photo studios and especially In Los Angeles and New York.
Image Courtesy © Guilherme Pucci
- Architects: Pietro Terlizzi Arquitetura
- Project: Studio Pier 88
- Location: Rua Hassib Mofarrej, 1011 – Vila Leopoldinia – São Paulo – SP – Brazil
- Photography: Guilherme Pucci
- Authors: Arq. Pietro Terlizzi and Roberto Terlizzi
- Architect in charge: Arq. Pietro Terlizzi and Roberto Terlizzi
- Team: Arq. Julia Guadix and Arq. Paula Traven
- Total built area (m2): 2000.00m²
- Year of completion: 2015
Thursday, September 21st, 2017
Article source: Planmaestro Arquitectos
The requirement was a building that would accommodate an artist’s studio and residential space for occasional use as a weekend house. The 1.500 sqm site is located in Peñalolén, a suburban district with low construction density, and neighbors some undeveloped sites. This condition leaves the building very exposed to its surroundings, so the client required that the project would limit the exposure of the interior spaces and provide privacy. The project also had to be capable of becoming an exclusively residential building at a future time, so it needed spaces to allow new uses and an extension to be planned.
Image Courtesy © Mathias Jacob
- Architects: Planmaestro Arquitectos
- Project: House and studio for an artist
- Location: Peñalolén, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Mathias Jacob
- Structural engineer: Ruiz Saavedra Ingenieros
- Construction: Julio Hernández
- Area: 135 sqm
- Project year: 2017
Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Article source: Studio Vertebra
Studio Vertebra has demonstrated great success and became a finalist at the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Awards, which is considered as one of the most prestigious awards in the architecture world. Achieving to remain on the short list at the World Architecture Festival which will be held in Berlin Arena on 15-17 November 2017, The Studio Vertebra’s design Volume Istanbul will be presented to the jury under the category “Office Projects”.
Image Courtesy © Studio Vertebra
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: WSDG-Walters Storyk Design Group
55TEC Recording Studios represents a new level of production sophistication for China. A significant investment in world-class design and top-flight technology, the studio was created by WSDG – Walters-Storyk Design Group, leading acousticians, studio and systems designers. Studio owner and Golden Melody Award-winning recording engineer, Li You joined forces with Wu Yongheng, (AKA Bei Bei, China’s top drummer and, record producer), and with leading pro audio exec. Lizzy Zhou, to address China’s rapidly expanding desire for pop and rock music.
Image Courtesy © Mills Xu
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Article source: nervegna reed architecture
The Arrow Studio was conceived as an out of focus, reflective vortex in the Australian landscape.
Our client Mr. White retired to the countryside near Hanging Rock in Victoria a few years before the project started. His brief was to build a small gallery in the back yard facing the bush, where he could hang paintings and photos and also use as a studio. For security reasons, as well as to maximize hanging space, we were asked to have minimal windows, and for those windows to be framed in a way that intruders could not break in.
Image Courtesy © Sam Reed + Toby Reed
- Architects: nervegna reed architecture (Toby Reed)
- Project: Arrow Studio
- Location: Hanging Rock, Victoria, Australia
- Photography: Sam Reed + Toby Reed
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 48 sqm
- Completion Year: 2013
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Veech X Veech
The core idea of the multifunctional house is to create an exhibition and living space with an extensive sculpture garden at the edge of a far-reaching valley. The artist-couple’s striking, large-scale works harmonise with the surrounding landscape, the studio with its view over the plain and access to daylight a constant motivation to create further artistic works.
Image Courtesy © Vera Subkus
- Architects: Veech X Veech
- Project: Artist Studio
- Location: Hohe Wand, Lower Austria
- Photography: Vera Subkus and Markus Rössle
- Design Team: Stuart A. Veech, Mascha Veech – Kosmatschof, Peter Mitterer, Joao Passanha, Martin Krcha
- Consultants: Peter Bauer / WerkraumWien Ingenieure
- Building Area:
- Net building area: 394 sqm
- Site area: 3.620 sqm
- Status: First phase completed 2011, Second phase completed 2016
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: v2com
The “theatre’s” particular cultural function, location and organisation in a historical building and the identity of the new school building are central to the project.
“Contrasts attract each other”
The attempt, in the 19th century, to open up the old riding school, is reflected in the new school building. It is reused and adapted in a contemporary current way. This use of contrasts – with different technologies, construction methods, materials and energy technologies – is also expressed through the reflection of the old building on the façade of the new school. This effect is reversed as soon as it gets dark, when the school building illuminates the old studio.
Overview – The new school building and the renovated Studio, Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: Extension of the Lycée Français de Vienne and Renovation of the Studio Molière
- Location: Wien, Austria
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: STUDIO UP d.o.o.
Hotel Amarin sits in a thick pine forest, at the eastern edge of the „Monsena-Valdaliso“ tourist zone. From its peninsula, it looks out and curves toward Rovinj, Venice, distant seas horizons and the tiny island of Figarola.
Image Courtesy © Robert Leš
- Architects: STUDIO UP d.o.o.
- Project: Hotel Amarin
- Location: Rovinj , Val de Lesso 5, Croatia
- Photography: Robert Leš
- Software used: Autocad
- Lead Architects: Lea Pelivan, Toma Plejić
- Main Contractor: Kamgrad d.o.o.
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Project Team: Izvor Simonović-Majcan, Iva Martinis, Jelena Martić, Tin Pelivan, Domagoj Bolanča, Nikola Brlek, Krešimir Renić, Stanislava Odrljin, Marina Zajec, Ana Pall