Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Thursday, May 9th, 2013
Article source: Lugerin Architects
The purpose of redevelopment standard studio apartment with total area of 56 square meters is to combine the kitchen and living room into one multifunctional space. All basic necessary for living areas are compact housed: a kitchen, a dining room, a bedroom and a relaxation area with a sofa.
Image Courtesy Lugerin Architects
Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
Article source: Nidolab Arquitectura
These are the offices of Animal Music, a music recording studio. Our main idea for this project was to depurate and clean the caotic space of the common areas. We created a new space that contains a very long high table were different activities could evolve. This was the main intervention done were visitors are welcome to sit or browse though the flor to ceiling bookcase while waiting for a meeting.
Image Courtesy © Federico Kulekdjian
- Architects: Nidolab Arquitectura
- Project: Animal Music
- Location: Crespo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Photography: Federico Kulekdjian
- Design team: Nidolab + Javier Auguste
- Landscaping: Bulla
Saturday, April 20th, 2013
Article source: WSDG
A successful decade behind the console of his Manhattan-based Vault Mastering Studio, convinced engineer, Nathan James that he could shift his growing family back to their hometown of Phoenix and maintain a thriving business. Having developed a strong client base ranging from rockers like The Fray to jazz vocalist, Gretchen Parlato and comic Louis C.K., James was confident his skills would continue to attract interesting national projects. After establishing temporary quarters with a local mastering house, James’ next order of business was to retain the Walters-Storyk Design Group to create his new studio.
Image Courtesy © John Brinkman
- Acoustical consultants: WSDG
- Project: The Vault
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Photography: John Brinkman
- Revit was used for acoustic accommodation details
Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013
Article source: studio a/b architects
In a historic waterfront village on the North Folk of Long Island, this six-stall barn/garage sits on a property line facing an alley. A shed stands behind the barn. The rustic appearance of the two buildings, standing side-by-side, is part of the character of the village. Adopting the appearance as they sit together, the design inserts two box-spaces, a “Semi-enclosed patio” and a “Boxed Light”.
AFTER THE RENOVATION : Image Courtesy © Peter Mauss
- Architects: studio a/b architects
- Project: Barn Studio
- Location: Orient, New York, USA
- Photography: Peter Mauss
- Project architect: Hideaki Ariizumi
- Partner: Glynis Berry
- Program: Preservation and renovation of residential accessory buildings: barn and shed. Climatizing the structures for use of a studio, storage and workshop. The creation of a family retreat.
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
Article source: Arhitektura d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenian capital, boasts a picturesque historic town core which is home to the grand Zois Palace, situated on the riverbanks of Ljubljanica. In the palace, Arhitektura d.o.o. designed a small modern hotel with eight studio apartments. Zois Palace was built at the end of the 18th century from several older buildings. It is famous for having been the home of Baron Žiga Zois (1747-1819) who marked Slovenian history as the patron of Slovenian cultural renaissance.
Image Courtesy © Marko Zoranovič
- Architects: Arhitektura d.o.o.
- Project: Zois House Studios
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenian
- Photography: Marko Zoranovič
- Authors: Peter Gabrijelčič udia, Boštjan Gabrijelčič udia
- Partners: Aleš Gabrijelčič
- Investor: private
- Construction year: 2012
Saturday, January 19th, 2013
Article source: Beriot, Bernardini Arquitectos
The project handles the conversion of a 25sq-m apartment in a mountain resort near Madrid. The apartment is cleared completely except for a small bathroom, then inserting into the empty space two wooden boxes for living and sleeping.
Image Courtesy © Yen Chen
- Architects: Beriot, Bernardini Arquitectos
- Project: Studio in a mountain resort, Madrid
- Location: Navacerrada, Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Yen Chen
- Project: Built 2005
- Program: Reform apartment for refuge in mountain pass
- Area: 25 m2
Thursday, January 10th, 2013
Article source: MAIO
The project, designed by architects Anna Puigjaner and Guillermo Lopez, members of MAIO design team, involves the conversion of a space that formerly housed a washing place into an open studio for professionals from different fields of architecture and design.
Image Courtesy MAIO
- Architects: MAIO
- Project: MAIO Studio
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Wednesday, January 9th, 2013
Article source: Tetrarc Architects
Program_ Design an equipment dedicated to con-temporary and emerging music, assembling together 2 performing show halls (1200, 400 places), 16 re-cording and training studios, spaces for digital exper-imentation, offices, and welcoming public spaces.
Image Courtesy Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects: Tetrarc Architects
- Project: Et Centre Culturel à Nantes
- Location: Nantes, France
- Traductor: Matthieu Blanche
- Competition: 2005
- Study: 2005-08
- Completion: September 2011
- Photographer: Stéphane Chalmeau
- Building surface: 7222 m2 SHON
Friday, January 4th, 2013
Article source: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
Interior Architecture Preserves Original 1940s Warehouse in Santa Monica’s Former Industrial Corridor Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio with Andy Waisler has recently completed an adaptive reuse of a 1940s bowstring truss and brick warehouse in Santa Monica. The 17,000 square foot building was artistically designed for a well-known animation studio that has recently achieved significant commercial success. Urban Studio designed an interior renovation that is warm, forthright and efficient, while also elegant and inspiring.
Image Courtesy Benny Chan + GPUS with Andy Waisler
- Architects: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
- Project: Animation Studio
- Location: Santa Monica, California, USA
- Photography by: Benny Chan + GPUS with Andy Waisler
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
Article source: ZA Architects
The design of a new studio for Inter TV channel features the principle of finding ultimate constituents of various elements. The interior design provides for hidden lighting which is supposed to accentuate the shape of the objects and create the general light. The studio is designed as a venue for entertaining shows and debates. The project is presented with the use of 3D visualization.
Image Courtesy ZA Architects
- Architects: ZA Architects
- Project: Wave Studio
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Architect: Arina Ageeva
- Client: Inter TV channel
- Function: TV shows
- Program: 400 sq. m.
- 3D visualization: Arina Ageeva
- Year: 2010