Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: Rafi Segal A+U
The Room is a film finishing studio housed within Technicolor facilities in New York City. Servicing films, documentaries and television, the studio includes three separately operated editing suites, a shared reception area and meeting spaces. The design of The Room aimed to create a unique work environment tailored to the specific needs and working habits of its users, while enhancing both the aesthetic experience and the functional -technical performance of the studio.
Image Courtesy © Rafi Segal & Ben Murray
- Architects: Rafi Segal A+U
- Project: The Room at Technicolor
- Location: New York, US State
- Photography: Kate Joyce
- Client: Benjamin Murray, The Room, Inc.
- Contractor: Re|Structure LLC
- Project Manager: Bill Topazio (PostWorks)
- Glasswork: Bold Glass and Metal Inc.
- Area: 1400SF
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014
Article source: Real Time Architecture
The building is situated in the center of the plot, respecting the limits for construction and plot ratio.
The house rises as a single body. Its shape is influenced by physical and morphological conditions and by the program.
The initial idea of the project is to expand the building up inside the parcel and surrounding existing trees in order to preserve the maximum possible trees; later the shape was adapted to the program, to acquire the final setting.
Image Courtesy © Lorenzo Vecchia
- Architects: Real Time Architecture
- Project: HOUSE AND STUDIO YC
- Location: Castellcir, Barcelona (Spain)
- Photography: Lorenzo Vecchia Photography
- Area: 290 m2
- Completion Date: 2014
- Interior Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office
- Site engineer: Juan Carlos Hernández
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: Pivot Studio
The project is for a secondary dwelling which will be used as an art studio and home office. The project is characterized by its high level external aesthetic detailing. A black glazed brick is chosen as the base building material with a cedar wall paneling system used as a secondary decorative cladding. The timber paneling is both decorative and functional with it being used as rotating timber shutters over the northern level 1 window which reveal splashes of colour and tone in a rotated position. The paneling arrangement acts as a ribbon, wrapping and shrouding the building whilst providing notions of flow and direction through its fluid and curvilinear arrangement and articulation.
Image Courtesy © Justin Alexander
- Architects: Pivot Studio
- Project: Erskineville Studio
- Location: Erskineville, Sydney
- Photography: Justin Alexander
Friday, November 21st, 2014
Article source: Jo Nagasaka／Schemata Architects
We renovated the old steel building, originally used as a factory / office, into a workspace for an artist to use for the next several decades. In order to improve the building performance, we applied fireproof coating and structural reinforcement. The construction of the original building was based on the value of “quantity over quality.” As a result, you can see various gaps and distortions all over the building after 40 years, which are made even more clearly visible by newly applied coating and finishes. We intend to transform these gaps and distortions into unique spaces where one encounters unexpected experiences.
Image Courtesy © TAKAHASHI HIROKO INC.
- Architects: Jo Nagasaka／Schemata Architects
- Project: TAKAHASHI HIROKO OSHIAGE STUDIO
- Location: 4-11-2 Narihira Sumida Tokyo
- Photography: Shiori Kawamoto
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Project team: Masami Nakata
- Construction: Eiger(building・interior), E&Y(furniture), Kazumasa Higurashi(garden), Yoshiki Maeshiba(planting)
- Site area: 219.21㎡
- Building area: 140.85㎡
- Total floor area: 324.10㎡
- Floors: 3
- Structure: steel
- Completion: 09/2014
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Article source: Shanghai Minax Architects
The Shanghai design studio MINAX has just finished a tearoom called Lotus & Bamboo Tea roomfor the 2014 China International Aquilaria Culture Exposition & living Space Exhibition.
Image Courtesy © Shanghai Minax Architects
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Article source: Bates smart
Architects and interior designers are amongst the biggest supporters of lighting design. They have a clear understanding of how lighting can enhance a space they have created. They also appreciate the consequences of poor lighting.
And so it was when award winning lighting consultancy PointOfView was briefed by architects Bates Smart to light their new Sydney Studio located in a 1940’s built, art deco designed, former offices of the 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.
Image Courtesy © Bates smart
- Architects: Bates smart
- Project: Bates Smart Studio
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Archiproba
The Moscow office of IO and Stampsy is located in a hall that used to be an assembly room of the Komsomol Central Committee.
Image Courtesy © Olya Eichenbaum
- Architects: Archiproba
- Project: Stampsy & IO Studio
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Olya Eichenbaum
- Architect In Charge: Tamara Muradova
- Area: 400 sqm
- Year: 2014
Thursday, October 9th, 2014
Article source: The Church Studios
LONDON: In the culmination of a nearly yearlong reconstruction project, multi-Platinum/Academy Award-winning producer Paul Epworth (Paul McCartney, Adele, Coldplay, U2, Lorde), has announced the completion of stage one of a massive renovation of The Church Recording Studio. Reconfiguring the legendary Studio 2 Live and Control Rooms, and creating a unique totally new Writing Room, engaged the design skills of the Walters-Storyk Design Group, and the studio installation/operational expertise of Miloco Builds.
Image Courtesy © Lucy Williams
- Architects: The Church Studios
- Project: Paul Epworth’s The Church Studios Complete Major WSDG Renovation
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Dirk Noy, Lucy Williams, Vicky Taylor
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Article source: Nordic Bros. Design Community
We are pleased to introduce the third cafe project of Nordic Bros. Design Community Loisir after dessert cafe Pied and Kafe Nordic in Itaewon and Hannam-dong.
Image Courtesy © Nordic Bros. Design Community
- Architects: Nordic Bros. Design Community
- Project: LOISIR
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Constructor: Nordic Bros. Design Community / Seong-Won Park
- Area: first floor 80 sqm, second floor 90 sqm + terrace 67 sqm
- Completed: 2014. 08
Thursday, September 4th, 2014
Article source: dom arquitectura
The place previously used as a store was completely isolated from the outside. The first action we take, is to open the interior space, both the street and the garden outside, so we designed a completely open iron carpentry without studs, continuous glass, providing natural light throughout the space. All the iron is dark graphite gray painted, the same of the interior furnishings. Across the glass surface is placed inside a dark gray screens, to control the space privacy.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Anguera
- Architects: dom arquitectura
- Project: Architecture Studio in Barcelona
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Anguera
- Interior Designer: Blanca Elorduy