Archive for the ‘InDesign’ Category
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Article source: EDSA
The richly textured landscape combined with the presence of a strong history and architectural language provides the inspiration for the planning and design of Luštica Bay Resort. With its dramatic setting, Luštica Bay Resort offers a variety of residential and hotel offerings.
Image Courtesy © EDSA
- Architects: EDSA
- Project: Lustica Bay Resort
- Location: Radovici, Montenegro
- Client: Lustica Development A.D.
- Scope: Master Planning and Detailed Design Services
- Scale: 440 Hectares.
- Software used: Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as AutoCAD Maps, Civil 3D, and Mcolor
Thursday, September 19th, 2013
Article source: Land+Civilization Compositions
A conceptual framework for the development of the city of Medellin
Multiple intertwined streams of issues
Medellin is wealthy city; wealthy in terms of its ambitions and its potential. Further, this project is a rare opportunity the ability to reform the ENTIRE riverfront that runs through a major city is rare. Therefore, this opportunity must be thought of as being even bigger than just a public space design, it must be taken as a chance to reform and set the framework for Medellin’s future. Obviously the riverfront is the key element in this project, but its influence and importance is much larger than the given project site boundaries. This proposal uses this competition to set forth principals for redevelopment, the use of funds, the city and its history, the relation to ecology, the movement of people, and so forth. Clear thinking about the further evolution of the city and how this project can be a trigger in this process is not overlooked by this project.
Image Courtesy © Land+Civilization Compositions, Taller 301, openfabric
- Architects: Land+Civilization Compositions, Taller 301, openfabric
- Project: LCC1301
- Location: Medellin, Colombia
- Title: URBAN CURRENT[S]
- Status: Competition Submission
- Client: The City of Medellin
- Link: http://sociedadcolombianadearquitectos.org/concursodelriomedellin/
- Program: Public space design, pavilions, bridges
- Site Area: 423 hectares
- Date[s]: 2013
- Team Leaders: Jason Hilgefort, Pablo Forero, Julian Restrepo, Francesco Garofalo, Barbara Costantino
- Software used: Illustrator, Autocad, Photoshop, Indesign, Word, Excel, Rhino, and a lot of hand sketching!
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Article source: LLI Design
The brief was to create a 700 square foot extension to house an open plan kitchen / living / dining room to this lateral house in Highgate, North London.
The house is in a very secluded position, surrounded by greenery, completely hidden from view, the only clue as to what lies beyond is a simple discrete gate set in the fence.
Image Courtesy © LLI Design
- Architects: LLI Design
- Project: Modern House
- Location: Highgate, London, England
- Software used: Vectorworks for CAD, and indesign for moodboarding
Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Article source: SBA International
The German architectural office SBA in Stuttgart wins the first prize for the new City Cluster of the future. The new multipolar city with the “International Automobile City”, which incorporates the existing BMW plant (Tiexi factory) into the landscape, is organized in several theme areas.
Image Courtesy © SBA International
- Architects: SBA International
- Project: Shenyang International Automobile City
- Location: Shenyang, China
- Design team: Cathrin Fischer, Markus Meissner, Reinhard Braun, Hans Hellmann, Tan Dongyue, Mareen Brinkmann,Qi Yijun, Zhou Jie, Zuo Fei, Wang Hui
- Energy concept: Clean City Concept
- Client: Economic Development Zone Sub-office of Shenyang Bureau of Planning and Land Resource
- Planning target: New Town with a network of center structures
- Total area: 91 km2
- Water area: 9 km2
- GFA: 92 Mio. m2
- Software used: AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, 3ds max, SketchUp
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Article source: k_m architektur
The property which is located on the slope overlooking the town of Weinfelden. The house faces south and offers a sublime view of the surrounding area and the far mountains of Switzerland and Austria.A floating design and the use of natural materials using concrete, glass and wood as structural material characterize the single family home. Besides the structural members that establish contact with the ground, the rest of the house is constructed out of wood.
Image Courtesy © sabrina scheja
- Architects: k_m architektur
- Project: wohnhaus in weinfelden (ch)
- Location: Weinfelden, Switzerland
- Photography: sabrina scheja
- Software used: Allplan, Photoshop and InDesign
Thursday, March 21st, 2013
Article source: Vicente Salvador + Ignacio Vidal arquitectos
The sports facility completes a public urban block where it stands currently theHonoriGarciaHigh School, the local council sports pavilion and the local council swimming pool building. Given that the entirety of the block is publicly owned, the first thing to establish was the definition of the site to occupy. With the aim of getting a well rationalised and arranged organisation of built elements and resulting in-between spaces, it was decided to establish the length of the existing sports pavilion as the width of the site, leaving at either side pedestrian streets to access the neighbouring facilities.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: Vicente Salvador + Ignacio Vidal arquitectos
- Project: Vallpala Sports Centre
- Location: La Vall d’Uixó, Castellón, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Software used:
- AutoCAD 2011
- Google SketchUp Pro
- 3D Studio Max
- MS Word 2011
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
Friday, January 4th, 2013
Article source: K-M-Architektur
The three-floor dwelling house is situated on the slope, edge of a forest on the outskirts of Heilbronn. It faces south and offers a sublime view to the surrounding area. A floating design and the use of natural materials using concrete, glass, copper and larch as structural material characterize the single family home. Besides the structural members that establish contact with the ground, the rest of the house is constructed out of wood.
Image Courtesy Hagen Stier
- Architects: K-M-Architektur
- Project: House_Heilbronn
- Location: Heilbronn, Germany
- Software used: Photoshop, Nemetschek and Indesign
- Photographer: Hagen Stier
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Article source: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
The concept design proposal is based on the social aspect that defines every manufactured product within its geographical scope. This social aspect manifests itself through the design of an externally equipped public space, internal common areas with natural light, an elaborate landscape and hard-scape design, a predisposition of interesting observation points and the contemplation of their surrounding context, and the desire to accentuate a constant permeable state between external and internal spaces.
Image Courtesy Organic Scapes and Architecture
- Architects: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
- Project: Redevelopment of Malga Fosse
- Location: Comune di Siror, Trento, Italy
- Project in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Type: International Competition
- Program: Restaurant, Residence, Bar
- Year: 2012
- Status: Competition Entry
- Team: [OS+A – Gabriel Belli Butler, Stefano Rocchetti] in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Energy and Sustainabilty Consultant: Lukas Sosna
- Building Volume: 1740 m³
- Software used: Rhino 4.0, 3D studio Max 11, Vray 1.5, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS5
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Article source: Krists Karklins Design
The design of addition to the Samrode, SIA construction company headquarters in Ventspils is based on the desire of the client and the project team to create a compact and contemporary architectural volume that maintains a harmonious and complimentary relationship with its historic city center context. The conceptual narrative for this building is based on three scales of purposeful design operations in response to opportunities/limitations offered by the site. From the urban design perspective, the massing of this building is determined by the precedent outlines of a munitions warehouse and a wooden shed, previously present on the site.
Image Courtesy © Indriķis Stūrmanis
- Architects: Krists Karklins Design, LLC and Arhitektūras Birojs FORMA, SIA
- Project: Samrode Building
- Location: Zvana Street 2, Ventspils, Latvia
- Project Team: Krists Kārkliņš, Ināra Kārkliņa, Jānis Zaharāns, Lauris Zaharāns, Juris Križanovskis
- Client/Contractor: Samrode, SIA
- Engineering: Samrode, SIA
- Year of completion: 2012
- Size: 600 square meters (400 square meters of new construction and 200 square meters of existing building renovation)
- Photographer: Indriķis Stūrmanis
- Software used:
- A/CAD for drafting
- 3D Studio Max for 3D modeling and visualizations
- Photoshop for raster image touch-ups and editing
- InDesign for booklet and presentation layouts
- Adobe Acrobat for file presentation, communication, and transfer.
Saturday, November 10th, 2012
Article source: PLANT Architect Inc.
The Canadian Firefighters Memorial officially opened on September 9, in Ottawa. Located at the site of the capital’s devastating fire of 1900, this urban-planning memorial ensemble was collaboratively designed by PLANT Architect Inc. and Canadian visual artist and novelist Douglas Coupland. The team won the national competition hosted by the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation (CFFF) and the National Capital Commission (NCC) in 2010.
Image Courtesy © PLANT Architect Inc.
- Architects: PLANT Architect Inc. in collaboration with Douglas Coupland
- Project:Canadian Firefighters Memorial
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Client: Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation (CFFF) in collaboration with National Capital Commission (NCC)
- Photographer: Steven Evans | Linda Matta | © PLANT Architect Inc.
- Project manager: Mary Tremain, Partner, PLANT Architect Inc., GB Associates
- Design team: PLANT Architect Inc. — Mary Tremain, Lisa Rapoport, Chris Pommer (Partners; Architects) | Vanessa Eickhoff (Associate; Landscape Architect; OALA) | Suzanne Ernst | Jeremy McGregor
- Collaborators: Douglas Coupland (Artist)
- Blackwell Bowick Partnership Ltd. (Structural Engineering)
- Novatech Engineering Consultants Ltd. (Civil Engineering)
- Goodkey Weedmark and Associates Ltd. (Electrical Engineering)
- A.W. Hooker Associates Ltd. (Quantity Surveyor)
- Contractor: Prestige Design & Construction Ltd.
- Lighting design: Suzanne Powadiuk Design Inc.
- Surface: 3,000 m2
- Project end date: September 2012
- Software used: For the main design, used Vectorworks, Sketch-Up, and Photoshop softwares. The overall wall design was done in Vectorworks. Detailed type design was done in Indesign and Adobe Illustrator.