Archive for the ‘Adobe’ Category
Thursday, April 7th, 2016
Article source: Dominique Coulon & associés
The building marks the entrance to a small village nestling in a valley in Alsace. A 14th-century castle dominates the site from the nearby hillside. The day nursery echoes the orthonormal geometry of the fortified castle. A perimeter wall with openings like on a castle wall protects the children’s playgrounds. This spatial arrangement offers views of the rounded outlines of the Vosges mountains. The principle of the strictly rectangular plan is an arrangement of successive crowns containing the elements of the project. These layers give depth to the project overall. The heart of the building is formed by a central space which emerges at double the height and plays with natural light like a kaleidoscope. This almost cubic volume condenses a host of faces ranging in colour from pink to red. The matte and shiny colours resonate, shaping the space to make it richer and more subtle.
Image Courtesy © Eugeni Pons
- Architects: Dominique Coulon & associés, , David Romero-Uzeda, Olivier Nicollas
- Project: Nursery in Buhl
- Location: Buhl, France
- Photography: Eugeni Pons, David Romero-Uzeda
- Client: CC Région de Guebwiller
- Architectes assistants: Javier Gigosos Ruipérez, Diego Bastos-Romero, Gautier Duthoit
- Construction site supervision: David Romero-Uzeda
- Structural Engineer: Batiserf
- Cost Estimator: E3 économie
- Acoustics: Euro sound project
- Landscaping: Philippe Obliger
- Construction companies: Earthworks, sewerage networks and road works (S.T.P. MADER), concrete stucture (MADER), water proofing roofing (SMAC), exterior joinery (MENUISERIE VOLLMER ET FILS), metalworks(MULLER-ROST), exterior isolation (SOMREN), scaffolding (LOC’ECHAF), interior wood work and furniture (HUNSINGER), plastering (SOMEGYPS), concrete screed (MADER), tiled floors (MULTISOLS), glued floors (HERTZOG), painting (SOMREN), green areas (PARCS ET JARDINS B.WITTERSHEIM), electricity (VINCENTZ), heating and ventilation (MAISON XAVIER FRUH), plombing and drainage (LABEAUNE), kitchen (M.E.A.)
- Surface: 763m2
- Competition: march 2013
- Construction documents: from may 2013 to november 2013
- Construction works: from february 2014 to june 2015
- Completion: june 2015
- Budget: 1 700 000 €
- Software used: Vectorworks, cinema 4d, vrai, adobe cc suite
Tuesday, April 5th, 2016
Article source: mamen domingo ¡! ernest ferré arquitectes
The exhibition tells the public the history of one hundred years of the School of Library Science in Catalonia since the founding moment with Prat de la Riba and the conception of Eugeni d’Ors, his defining moment in the Commonwealth of Catalonia, their stages of continuity in both military dictatorships, to its positioning in the educational landscape of democracy. Nonetheless, its main idea is to convey the ability to renew of this profession and therefore their educational environment within the context of the University of Barcelona, being today a dynamic and future focused profession, linked to the many changes that occur around books and records management.
Image Courtesy © mamen domingo ¡! ernest ferré arquitectes
Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
Article source: DRTAN LM Architect
The House is located on a small lot in the older suburbs of Petaling Jaya. The owners had purchased an old dilapidated house and wanted to rebuild a new family home. Upon inspection it was discovered that the old house had good quality Indian clay roof tiles that were still robust. And as the property faced west, the clay roof tiles offered a good solution to vertically screen the façade from the morning and afternoon sun.
Image Courtesy © H.Lin Ho
- Architects: DRTAN LM Architect
- Project: Clay Roof House
- Location: Section 11, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MALAYSIA
- Photography: H.Lin Ho
- Built-up: 6,950 sqft
- Land area: 5,570 sqft
- Completion: December 2015
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad, Adobe Photoshop
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: v2com
The new visitor center is implanted in one of the greatest green space of Montreal; the Maisonneuve Park. The park spreads 63 hectares and allows citizens to practice varied sports all year round, including golf in the summer. The new building houses all the necessary services to operate the park’s driving range and golf course. It thus serves as the golf’s and one of the park’s entry points.
General view, Image Courtesy © Vincent Audy
- Architects: Cardin Ramirez Julien Inc.
- Project: Golf Welcome Pavilion
- Location: Maisonneuve Park, Montréal, Canada
- Photography: Vincent Audy
- Software used: Revit, Autocad, Photoshop
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Chicago-based architecture firm Goettsch Partners (GP) and Hong Kong-based multidisciplinary architecture and design studio Lead 8 have recently won the design competition for a new 264,000-square-meter multi-building mixed-use complex in Shanghai. The project is being developed by Financial Street Holding Co. Ltd., a leading commercial real estate developer based in Beijing, and will be located on two parcels just north of the Shanghai Railway Station.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners, Inc.
- Architects: Goettsch Partners, Inc., LEAD 8
- Project: FINANCIAL STREET SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Paolo Venturella Architecture
The museum takes shape by the deformation of the classic courtyard typology, according to functions and context.
The courtyard building, that works as a path for visiting the exhibition, is taken into consideration as a starting point and then deformed pushing one side on the other.
Image Courtesy © Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Architects: Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Project: GLACIAL GLAZED MUSEUM
- Location: Weimar, Germany
- Team Design: Cosimo Scotucci
- Year: 2015
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Vray, Photoshop, Illustrator
Friday, February 26th, 2016
Article source: Only If
In early 2016, Voyager Espresso, a new specialty coffee bar, opened in a subway concourse of the Fulton Street station, in Manhattan’s Financial District. The architect, Only If, was commissioned by the Australian team of Owner Prudence Reid and Owner/Barista Aaron Barnard to develop an innovative architectural and interior design for its initial retail location in this unusual underground site. Voyager Espresso, with its integration of an artistic and scientific approach to coffee, is a welcomed addition to the lagging food scene of the Financial District. Its rotating menu features seasonal, fresh crop coffees from the best roasters in the United States.
Image Courtesy © Michael Vahrenwald / ESTO`
- Architects: Only If
- Project: Voyager Espresso
- Location: 110 William Street, New York, NY, USA
- Photography: Michael Vahrenwald / ESTO
- Design Team: Karolina Czeczek, Matthew Davis, Adam Snow Frampton, AIA, Francesca Pagliaro, James Schrader, Jon Siani
- Collaborators: Dot Dash (Specialist Lighting)
- Contractor: RZ Project Management Corp.
- Scale: 550ft2 (51m2)
- Completed: January 2016
- Software used: AutoCAD 2015, Rhino 5, and Adobe Creative Suite
Friday, February 26th, 2016
Article source: BKA-BahadırKulArchitects
Landmark of the city Kayseri Wonderland Project consists of many different facilities. One of them is the Water Ski Park having 33.000 square meters site area and a 3.000 square meters island in the artificial lake.
Image Courtesy © Ket Kolektif / BKA-Bahadır Kul Architects
- Architects: BKA-BahadırKulArchitects
- Project: Water Ski Park
- Location: Kayseri, TURKEY
- Photography: Ket Kolektif / BKA-Bahadır Kul Architects
- Client: Greater Municipality of Kayseri
- Site Area: 100.000 m2\
- Total Floor Area: 2.300 m2
- Construction Period: 2011/2013
- Software used: Autocad, 3d max, photshop, sketch up
Thursday, February 25th, 2016
Article source: arch. Gianmatteo Romegialli
The project is situated in the italian Alps in the outskirts of the city of Sondrio, in between the Mallero torrent and areas of industrial warehouses.
The area, apart from Mallero to the south-east, does not have any important presence that could direct the overall urban planning of the area.
Image Courtesy © marcello mariana
- Architects: arch. Gianmatteo Romegialli
- Project: MALLERO HOUSING
- Location: Sondrio, Italy
- Photography: marcello mariana
- Design team: arch. Gianmatteo Romegialli with arch.Claudia Bigi, arch.Fabio della Torre, arch. Fernando Grattirola
- Structures: ing. Paolo Moncecchi
- Installations: Studio Giarba
- Completion of work: 2013
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Photoshop
Wednesday, February 24th, 2016
Article source: S T E . M A R I E ART + DESIGN
The restaurant is a synthesis of what we call Italian Farmhouse Modern. The design was strongly inspired by three icons of Italian design: Carlo Mollino, Bruno Munari, and Enzo Mari. The result is a balance of simplicity, drama, and irreverence. The finishes are rooted in an earthy quality much like most roadside Osteria’s or country Trattorias found throughout Italy. In that same vein, the food, wine, products, herbs, and preserves are given as much focus as the paintings on the walls. An ongoing interplay between assertive and simple, elemental and modernist is a mainstay of Italian culture. We tried to capture that quintessential Italian juxtaposition by running the theme of humble vs pretty throughout the design. The mix of sconces with fabric lampshades and opaline glass highlight the apposing influence of modernist and “nonna” style in our lighting design. A similar exchange can be seen in the pleated oak walls that act as a modest rhythmic backdrop from which the mix of sartorial banquet seating stansout.As a nod to a simpler time, we keep a courtesy phone at the ready for those who require a lift home after dinner and packing away a Demi John of wine with friends and family.
Image Courtesy © Knauf and Brown
- Architects: S T E . M A R I E ART + DESIGN
- Project: Osteria Savio Volpe
- Location: 615 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC
- Photography: Knauf and Brown
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp, Solidworks, Photoshop
- Collaborators: Graphic Design & Branding by Glasfurd and Walker
- Contractor: Harmony Pacific Projects
- Custom Metal Fabrication: Fabrikaat
- Custom Wood Furniture and Shelving System: Lock and Mortice
- Area: 2450 sqft
- Completed December: 2015