Archive for the ‘Adobe’ Category
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
Article source: Olson Kundig
In 2012 the Tacoma Art Museum received a gift of Western art, creating an opportunity to feature two unique collections – Western art and their existing contemporary art collections–together in one building. The design brief for the new addition and remodel to house the collections was: 1) better announce the museum to the community; 2) design a new wing that is sympathetic to its surrounding historic context; 3) create a public living room that offers transparency to the street, and; 4) resolve an overly complex and obscured entry sequence.
Image Courtesy © Kevin Scott
- Architects: Olson Kundig
- Project: Tacoma Art Museum Haub Galleries
- Location: Washington, USA
- Photography: Kevin Scott and Benjamin Benschneider
- Software used: Adobe Illustrator
- Owner/Client: Tacoma Art Museum
- Design Team:
- Tom Kundig, Design Principal
- Kirsten R. Murray, Principal
- Kevin Kudo-King, Principal
- Jim Friesz, Project Manager
- Thomas Brown, Staff
- Contractor: Sellen Construction Company
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: tIPS ARCHITECTS
An architectonic and graphic procedure is a continuous evolution of tests, drafts and tries.
Everybody knows and \”loves\” the final result but the design process that made it, belongs to the creative team.
We thought to cover the walls of the ACM GRAPHIC LAB by these attempts , by these pieces of paper, used them like a classical element of the interior design: the wallpaper.
Image Courtesy © tIPS ARCHITECTS
- Architects: tIPS ARCHITECTS
- Project: ACM Graphic Lab
- Location: Cremosano, Italy
- Software used: Autocad, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Size: 100 m2
- Designed: 2016
- Completed: 2017
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: B+ABR Backheuser e Riera Arquitetura
B + ABR – Backheuser and Riera Arquitetura is an architecture and urban planning firm founded in 2014 as a result of the partnership between the offices BlAC and ABR, which started in 2010.
As of the experience acquired by their partners, responsible amongst others for projects such as Olympic arenas, housing, schools, corporative, hotels and several urbanization projects, B + ABR aims at a collaborative and multidisciplinary future , seeking to leverage the exchange of experiences and the symbiosis between the Brazilian-Carioca and Spanish-Catalan cultures to the utmost.
Image Courtesy © Andre Sanches
- Architects: B+ABR Backheuser e Riera Arquitetura
- Project: Orla Conde – Olympic Boulevard
- Location: Praça Mauá, 1. Rio de Janeiro. RJ, Brazil
- Photography: Miguel Sa, André Sanches, Francis Figueiredo, PortoNovo/Prefeitura, Ignasi Riera, JoaoP Backheuser
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, SketchUp, V-Ray
- Authors: João Pedro Backheuser/ Ignasi Riera
- Project leaders: Javier Zaldívar / Enrique Valiente
- Team: Mikel Muñoz, Paolo Nadalin, Victor Pastor, Rosario Portillo, André Sanches, Antoni Soler, Pilar Tejero
- Other clients and consultants: CDURP (Companhia de Desenvolvimento Urbano da Região do Porto de Rio de Janeiro-attached to Council),
- PortoNovo (concessionary), PortoRio (contractor), RAIAR (architecture consultant), Engecorps (Structures and Installations), Lucia Costa e Francis
- Soares (Softscaping)
- Total area (m2): 252.000 m2 (25,2 Ha.)
- Year finished: 2016
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: Atelier Xavier Ávila
X/A apartments is a project designed by an architecture studio based in Madalena, Pico Island, Azores: X/A atelier
The project was developed by the architect Sofia Xavier Avila, owner and manager of the studio, in partnership with João Xavier Avila.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Architects: Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Project: X/A Apartments
- Location: Madalena, Portugal
- Software used:Autocad, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
Mp2h project – is a 3 storey apartment in a modern style in the city of Kiev. Total area – 340 m2.
On the first floor: entrance hall, kitchen, dining room, living room, guest bathroom, wardrobe, guest bedroom, sitting area and terrace.
Image Courtesy © SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
- Project: mp2h
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Software used: 3ds Max, Corona Renderer, Adobe Photoshop
Tuesday, March 14th, 2017
Article source: WE architecture
WE architecture have won a new social housing competition, consisting of 38 apartments, in Saltholmsgade, Aarhus. The proposal has been made in collaboration with the housing organization Ringgaarden and JWH Arkitekter.
The project interprets the traditional historical city houses along Hjortensgade as modern, social and green communities. Communal features are places on the roof-garden from where residents can have an overview of Aarhus.
Image Courtesy © WE architecture
- Architects: WE architecture and JWH arkitekter
- Project: Saltholmsgade
- Location: Aarhus, Denmark
- Software used: Rhino 3d, V-ray, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Client: Ringgaarden (Aarhus Kommune)
- Team: Marc Jay, Julie Schmidt-Nielsen, Barbara Drud Henningsen, Corrado Galasso, Àngels García, Alex Pavel, Alicja Szczęśniak, Josefine Rita Vain Hansen
- Collaborator: JWH Arkitekter
- Size: 3500 m2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Gwendolyn Huisman & Marijn Boterman
The skinnySCAR project of architect couple Gwendolyn Huisman and Marijn Boterman shows how forgotten empty spaces in the city can be used. Each city has neglected spaces like this, that are unused and underrated. These gaps can be upgraded to complete the urban fabric, while giving it a boost and creating possibilities for new forms of urban living for the adventurous ones. As young designers, Gwendolyn and Marijn are not limited by design traditions and conventions, and they saw the potential and challenge of a narrow gap with extreme proportions in an old Rotterdam neighborhood. In 2012 the process to convince the landowners to sell the narrow plot started, so they could develop it into their own home. After a short construction period of only 4 months in 2015/2016, the contractor left them an unfinished structure. They’ve been finishing the entire interior themselves since then and their design ideas are becoming manifest.
Image Courtesy © Marijn Boterman and Gwendolyn Huisman
- Architects: Gwendolyn Huisman & Marijn Boterman
- Project: skinnySCAR
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Vray, Adobe Photoshop
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode, Vincent van Dordrecht, Marijn Boterman, Gwendolyn Huisman
- Area: 140 m2
- Period: Initiation 2012, Construction 2015-2016, Interior 2016-2017
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: Corneille Uedingslohmann Architekten
The original planning brief foresaw an adaptation of the existing house, which was inhabited by the building owner at the time. The home owner’s driving aspiration for the project was the integration of a swimming pool with a visual relationship to the outside. After many design variations and the exhaustion of all building parameters it became clear this would not be feasible within the constraints of the old house. However the strong desire for a private swimming pool remained, leading the owner to the courageous decision to tear down the original house and build new in order to realize their ideas.
Image Courtesy © Michael Neuhaus
- Architects: Corneille Uedingslohmann Architekten
- Project: Residential House Cologne Hahnwald
- Location: Köln, Germany
- Photography: Michael Neuhaus
- Software used: Bentley Microstation Connect, Adobe Photoshop CC, Ava Orca
- Property size: 995 sqm
- Living Area: 266 sqm
- Other Area: 207 sqm
- Completion: 2016
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: INHOUSE BRAND ARCHITECTS
For a taste of New York in the Mother City, look no further than the fresh, sophisticated new offices of Urban Lime! Inhouse Brand Architects has unveiled a stylish redesign for the Cape Town branch of this international property management company. The commission was the second from Urban Lime; Inhouse previously refurbished the upper floors and common areas throughout the same building and due to the success of this initial project, was the inevitable choice to fulfil the client’s latest aspirations for the first and second floors.
Image Courtesy © INHOUSE BRAND ARCHITECTS
- Architects: INHOUSE BRAND ARCHITECTS
- Project: Urban Lime Offices
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Steven Christensen Architecture of Santa Monica, California has been named a winner in the first annual AAP American Architecture Prize, which recognizes the most outstanding architecture worldwide.
The design for Liepāja Thermal Bath and Hotel originates from a keen interest in the formal associations of the dome throughout architectural history, and more precisely, its role within the typology of the public bath.
South Elevation, Image Courtesy © Steven Christensen Architecture
- Architects: Steven Christensen Architecture
- Project: Liepāja Thermal Bath
- Location: Liepāja, Latvia
- Software used: Rhino, Vray, and Photoshop
- Team: Steven Christensen (Principal), Devon Montminy, Cori Gunderson, Ingrid Lao
- Status: Competition Entry