Archive for the ‘Adobe’ Category
Tuesday, February 5th, 2013
Article source: Studio pha
The basic idea is a kind of enclosure of the building in and on itself, and the use of the sloping ground to divide the building into a two-storey main residential part on the upper part of the land and a lower building containing the garages and entrance hall further down the slope. The result is essentially a two-storey house with a flat roof, positioned atop the concrete “retaining wall” of the lower structure. The house’s plan is of “U”-shape, or equally it could be described as a rectangle with an interior atrium open on one side to the surrounding landscape. Inside the atrium is a small pool, which ensures for this space pleasant cooling, reinforced by the system of louvered blinds against the sun.
Image Courtesy Filip Šlapal
- Architects: Studio pha
- Project: Villa Řitka
- Location: Řitka, Czech Republic
- Realization: 2011
- Area: 490 m2
- Author: Jan Šesták, Marek Deyl
- Cooperation: Filip Tomášek , Gabriela Fišarová, Eva Bukovská, Tomáš Trojan
- Statics: Hana Gattermayerová
- Photo: Filip Šlapal
- Software used: Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop
Image Courtesy Filip Šlapal
Sunday, January 27th, 2013
Article source: NL Architects
Qube is a commission for an office building in Amsterdam. Qube is part of a development called IJpunt by G&S Vastgoed. IJpunt will consist of four blocks designed by Claus en Kaan, Dedato, MVSA and NL A.
The site is truly unique: the most western corner of the Minervahaven, overlooking the Mercuriushaven and the river IJ. Well connected to both the city center as the rest of the world, both by car, public transport and bike.
Image Courtesy NL Architects
- Architects: NL Architects
- Project: Qube
- Location: IJpunt, Minervahaven, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nl Architects: Pieter Bannenberg, Walter Van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Team: Arne Van Wees With: Giulia Pastore, Gen Yamamoto, Gert Jan Machiels
- Qube: Office Building, Ijpunt,Minervahaven, Amsterdam 2012 – 201?
- Client: G&S Vastgoed
- Size: Gross Floor Area 6560m², Net Floor Area 5940m², Plot 2430m²
- Structural Engineers: Van Der Vorm
- Installations: Wichers & Dreef
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino 3D, 3dS Max, Adobe Illustrator
Friday, January 18th, 2013
Article source: Mikou Design Studio
This new building is a remarkable amenity in the city centre, visible by its façades and its roof, a founding element of the project. We designed it to be both welcoming and protective, turned inwards towards inner courtyards to ensure privacy.
Building’s aerial view : Image Courtesy Florian Kleinfenn
- Architects: Mikou Design Studio
- Project: Bobigny School Complex
- Location: Bobigny, Paris, France
- Program: Pre-school, Primary School, Sports And Recreation Center, Library
- Client: City of Bobigny
- Surface: 5 000 m²
- Date: Completion septembre 2012
- Photo Credits: Florian Kleinfenn
- Software used: Autocad LT 2011, Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: Brooks + Scarpa with KZF Design Studio
Brooks + Scarpa and KZF Design Studio have released their proposal for the new Interfaith Chapel at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL The proposed 7000 square foot Interfaith Chapel is designed to be a special place where students and others can slow down their lives, re-focus on their spiritual needs and reflect. At the same time, the Chapel will support a variety of diverse religious services, student ceremonies, weddings, other intimate events, lectures, meditative practices and musical performances.
Image Courtesy Brooks + Scarpa with KZF Design Studio
- Architects: Brooks + Scarpa with KZF Design Studio
- Project: Interfaith Chapel at the University of North Florida
- Location: Florida, U.S.A.
- Software used: Rhino, Photoshop and AutoCAD
Saturday, January 12th, 2013
Article source: Studio North
Camp at Cabot Beach is designed to address the needs of children between the ages of 8-17 who are living in families that have been affected by chronic illness or disability. The camp was established 5 years ago and runs for 3 weeks every August. In 2009 they needed new facilities.
Frontview : Image Courtesy © Matthew Kennedy
- Architects: Studio North
- Project: Camp at Cabot Beach
- Location: Malpeque, Prince Edward Island
- Photography: Matthew Kennedy
- Collaborators: Clayton Blackman, Andrew Choptiany, Sam Lock
- Area: 3,900sq.ft.
- Completed: 2009
- Software used: Designed the camp by hand, drawings and modeling using rhino; also used illustrator for diagrams and lineweights.
Thursday, January 10th, 2013
Article source: Herzsage & Sternberg Architects
A penthouse apartment, situated in Newe Tzedek, a historical neighborhood, in the south of Tel Aviv. The architecture of the neighborhood is characterized by low buildings, with tile roofing, and building on zero street level. The clients, whose grown up children have left home, so they decided to settle down in Newe Tzedek.
A View : Image Courtesy Herzsage & Sternberg Architects
- Architects: Herzsage & Sternberg Architects
- Project: A penthouse Apartment, situated in Newe Tzedek, Tel aviv, Israel
- Location: Newe Tzedek, Tel aviv, Israel
- Software used: AutoCAD & PhotoShop
Friday, January 4th, 2013
Article source: K-M-Architektur
The three-floor dwelling house is situated on the slope, edge of a forest on the outskirts of Heilbronn. It faces south and offers a sublime view to the surrounding area. A floating design and the use of natural materials using concrete, glass, copper and larch as structural material characterize the single family home. Besides the structural members that establish contact with the ground, the rest of the house is constructed out of wood.
Image Courtesy Hagen Stier
- Architects: K-M-Architektur
- Project: House_Heilbronn
- Location: Heilbronn, Germany
- Software used: Photoshop, Nemetschek and Indesign
- Photographer: Hagen Stier
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013
Article source: Shogo Iwata Architects
This building was built in Kagawa Japan. It locates nearby Mt. Yashima, the natural monument of this region, suburb of Takamatu city. We designed this building as a floating white box which benefits from the scenery of Mt. Yashima.
View of the west facade : Image Courtesy © Shigeo Ogawa
- Architects: Shogo Iwata Architects
- Project: Yashima Project
- Location: Kagawa, Japan
- Photography: Shigeo Ogawa
- Main use: Residential care home for the elderly
- Site area: 1685.26㎡
- Building area:933.57㎡
- Total floor area: 1566.39㎡
1st floor: 800.11㎡
2nd floor: 766.28㎡
- Number of private room for residents: 31
- Structure: Reinforced concrete structure
- Date of completion: 2012/10
- Software used: Vectorworks for drawing, illustrator and photoshop for other things
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
Located in Los Angeles’s Hancock Park neighborhood, this scheme combines disparate elements to fulfill needs for private and public entertainment, with a unique phenomenological-based design solution between shelter, environment and user.
Image Courtesy Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Architects: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Project: Huec
- Location: Los Angeles
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, and Photoshop, Rhino and Illustrator for all presentation work
Monday, December 10th, 2012
Article source: Daniel Martí i Pérez & Natàlia Ferrer Bernabeu
The space requirement program requested by the developer (Townhall) included all the departments, public and restricted use, necessary for the proper operation of a facility of this nature. In the office we thought to incorporate a public space which could be used by the neighborhood as a multipurpose space that would allow us to provide greater flexibility to the building.
Image Courtesy © David Zarzoso
- Architects: Daniel Martí i Pérez & Natàlia Ferrer Bernabeu
- Project: Police Station and Multipurpose Space
- Location: Xixona, Spain
- Photography: David Zarzoso
- Placement: Avenida Joan Fuster s/n, Xixona, Alicante (Spain)
- Project Date: December 2008
- Finishing Date: November 2010
- Building Surface: 842 m2
- Urbanized Plot Surface: 1.825 m2
- Main Builder: Castelló, Construcciones e Infraestructuras S.L.
- Promoter: Xixona Townhall
- Architecture Technician: Julián Garrote
- Architecture Technician: Sergio Mira and José Mª Jódar
- Structural Calculation: David Boixader, engineer
- Installation Calculation: Desla Ingeniería and Òscar Galiana
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, Photoshop for the firsts ideas and images to show and Cype for the structures.