Archive for the ‘Adobe’ Category
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: Estúdio MRGB
It’s about a renew of an apartment built in the 80’s, located at Brasília-DF, Brazil. After carefully analyzing the physical structure of the unit could have a clear vision on the real conditions of the apartment.
Narrow rooms due to excess of compartmentation, bad light spaces that caused an enclosure and confined feeling, that describe not an enjoyable place.
Image Courtesy © Estúdio MRGB
- Architects: Estúdio MRGB
- Project: Apartment Gl
- Location: Distrito Federal, Brasília, Brazil
- Software used: Autocad 2012, 3dsmax 2014, Photoshop CS6
- Authors: arch. Igor campos , arch. Hermes romão
- Colaborators: arch. Cássio Oliveira, arch. Camila Glycério, arch. Luiza Campos
- Modeling, Texturing, Illumination and render: Estúdio MRGB
- Most commun mateirals: Wood and concrete
- Size: 60 m2 | 645 sqft
- Year: 2012
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: Wingårdhs
Long and narrow like a tube, but solid and unmovable like a block of concrete – in between these two extremes stands the extension to the Marl town hall, designed by Bakema and van den Broek in 1958-62. Their ponderous brutalism resounds through the massive walls of the extension, where the trees on the site have been made to leave their imprint. A relief art work signed by artist Lars Bergström. The position behind the main building makes the extension fall in with the pattern of the place. At the same time, its positioning above the glass boxes of the entrance and the café gives the concrete tube a lightness which is underscored by the long cantilever overlooking the lake. The 7×7 metre narrow art gallery is adapted to the purpose of accommodating temporary sculpture exhibitions. Clear incident lighting from large apertures in various directions varies the character of the 85-metre-long room and links it to the sculpture park outside. A new catwalk over the refurbished piazza points the way directly to the new entrance.
Image Courtesy © Wingårdhs
- Architects: Wingårdhs
- Project: Art museum
- Location: Marl, Germany
- Software used: 3D-studio MAX, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: KAAN Architecten
With Dreamhouse, the new life that lies dormant in the old Modernism of the Lijnbaan has been extrapolated. A new Modernism, with a variegation of volumes and nuances of colour and light, seems to have been the right catalyst to reawaken the Lijnbaan’s élan.
The skilfully renovated building, housing jewellers Schaap en Citroen and fashion retailer COS on the corner of Karel Doormanstraat and Kruiskade, is the result of a well-balanced design that is based on both past intentions and present ambitions. Optimistic investment has brought about sparkle where decline had become apparent. Within a strategy of sustainable renewal, closed off facades and shop fronts have been reopened with architectural ingenuity.
Image Courtesy © Sebastian van Damme
- Architects: KAAN Architecten
- Project: Dreamhouse
- Location: Karel Doormanstraat 278, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Frank Hartwijk and Sebastian van Damme
- Software used: Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Rhinoceros
- Client: Manhave Kruiskade B.V.
- Project Team: Luca Baialardo, Timo Cardol, Aksel Coruh, Luuk Dietz, Kees Kaan, Vincent Panhuysen, Antonia Rief
- GFA: 1.050sqm
- Design: 2009
- Completion: May 2013
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
This Luxury Penthouse is located on the top floor of low-rise condominium in Hua Hin, The coastal resort town by the Gulf of Thailand. The apartment is designed as a vacation house for a single family, an escape from the crowded capital city. The client’s brief is for a flexible and open-plan living space in combination with a series of sea-view bedrooms that reflect modern living standards. Ayutt and Associates design (AAd) is trying to create a harmonious meeting point between sky and sea, overlooking the breathtaking infinity beach.
Image Courtesy © Soopakorn Srisakul and Ayutt Mahasom
- Architects: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
- Project: Hua Hin Penthouse – HHP
- Location: Penthouse, level 8th, Hua Hin condominium, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
- Photography: Soopakorn Srisakul and Ayutt Mahasom
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3D Max, Photoshop, Sketch up
- Lighting designer: Ayutt and Associates design (AAd)
- Lead designer: Ayutt Mahasom
- Area: 350 sq.m.
- Project Year: 2016
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Estúdio Amatam
The KALORIAS brand was in a period of rejuvenation. Based on this invigorating impetus, we were proposed the transformation of an old retail store into the new KALORIAS Club unit embed in the new brand concept. It should not be just another gym, however the development of a new image and unique identity able to be replicable in future clubs.
Reception area, Image Courtesy © Invisible Gentleman
Friday, September 9th, 2016
Article source: abSketches
We were commissioned to develop renderings to help facilitate design and pre-sales for an event space in York, PA. abSketches also, through renderings, articulated design and architecture for our client. We worked first hand with the client and their in house construction team to develop design intent and direction. With the help of our renderings, Wyndridge Farms was able to reserve events for 2 years out prior to breaking ground.
Image Courtesy © abSketches
- Architects: abSketches
- Project: Wyndridge Farms
- Location: Pennsylvania, USA
- Software used: Sketchup, 3DS Max, Vray, Photoshop
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016
Article source: Li Yizhong Interior Design
Xi’an Vanke Reputation Sales Center is located at the prosperous and bustling crossroads of science and technology 2nd Road and Zhang 8th North Road in Xi’an city, Shan’xi province. The total area is about 460,000 square meters.
Image Courtesy © Li Yizhong Interior Design
- Architects: Li Yizhong Interior Design (Li Yizhong, Fan Yihua, Dong Zhenhua)
- Project: Xi’an Vanke Reputation Sales Center
- Location: Xi’an, Shan’xi Province, China
- Software used: CAD, Photoshop CS3 and 3D software
- Furnishings Design: Xiong Can, Ou Xueting, Li Yunyun, Sun Bin
- Construction Drawing: Ye Zenghui, Lin Qing, Hu Peng
- Service: Interior Design, Soft-furnishings Design, Lighting Design, Consultant Service
- Area: 680 square meters
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016
Article source: CCS ARCHITECTURE
CCS Architecture designed this sustainable, 1900-square-foot beach house in Stinson Beach, CA, as a second home for a three-generation San Francisco family. Located in Seadrift, a gated vacation community that originated in the 1950s at the tip of Stinson Beach, the Northern California architecture is at ease among neighboring homes by Joe Esherick, Stanley Saitowitz and William Wurster.
Image Courtesy © Matthew Millman
- Architects: CCS ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Seadrift Residence
- Location: Seadrift, Stinson Beach, California, USA
- Photography: Matthew Millman
- Software used: Autocad and Photoshop
- General Contractor: Jim Allen, Allen Construction. Sebastopol, California
- Architectural Team:
- Design Principal: Cass Smith
- Project Architect: Dera-Jill Lamontagne
- Designer: Lynne Riesselman
- Civil Engineer: ILS Associates, Novato, CA
- Structural Engineer: Erik Tryde, Novato, CA
- Interior Designer: Belknap + Purcell, San Francisco
- Landscape: Las Baulines Nursery, Bolinas, CA
- Solar Contractor: Sun Light + Power, Berkeley, CA
- Area: 1900 sf
- Completion: August 2007
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016
Article source: Kariouk Associates
Bowerbirds /ˈbaʊərbɜrd/ make up the bird family Ptilonorhynchidae. They are renowned for their unique courtship behavior, where males build an elaborate structure in an attempt to attract a mate.
The challenge was to design a new home with a view of Lake Erie for a client who did not want to pay the cost of a lakeside property. Hence, the site he acquired was a very long and narrow lot across the road from other homes and 2,000 feet away from the shore of the lake. Despite the client’s selection of a less desirable lot, the project was required to serve as a lure for a mate (a love nest as it were, perched in the treetop) complete with two bedrooms for two yet non-existent/future hatchlings. As such, this love nest aimed to both woo and wow a mate while also demonstrating proper family planning and money-management skills. The remaining challenge involved the limits set by municipal zoning bylaws that restricted the home’s height to a maximum of “two storeys”.
Image Courtesy © Photolux Studio/Christian Lalonde
- Architects: Kariouk Associates
- Project: A Bower House
- Location: Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada
- Photography: Photolux Studio/Christian Lalonde
- Software used: Auto CAD and Photoshop
Paul duBellet Kariouk (Principal),
Chris Davis (Senior Design Associate), Sarah McMurtry, Adam Paquette, David King, Dimitar Mehandjiev (Design Associates)
- Dates: 2012 – 2015
Tuesday, August 16th, 2016
Article source: KASE Sudio
Overlap combines the acts of dining and growing into the same layer. It enhances an important existing view by framing it with a radially arrayed trellis roof that intersects with a more solid roof for weather protection. The act of physical and visual overlap creates juxtaposition between individual elements (i.e. bench, screen, floor, ceiling) which highlights each element’s unique characteristics. The consistent material pallet unifies the porch as a whole, while providing it fresh identity from the original structure.
Image Courtesy © KASE Sudio
- Architects: KASE Sudio
- Project: Two Part Porch
- Software used: Rhinoceros 5.0, Maxwell Rendering and Adobe CS6