Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Article source: Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS)
Challenging the local San Francisco vernacular with powerful contemporary style, this new apartment building designed by Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS) plays with viewer perception to create dramatic visual and spatial effects.
Image Courtesy © Tim Griffith Photography
- Architects: Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS)
- Project: Linden Street Apartments
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Photography: Tim Griffith Photography
- Software used: Rhino, Maya, Autocad, and Adobe illustrator and photoshop
- Project Team: Sam Clovis, Cameron Helland, Richard Porter, Andrew Wright, David Stamatis, Franco Zaragoza, Stephen Becker, Domini Padua, Trevor Larsen
- Client: Hayes Valley Properties
- Contractor: Kevin Webb Construction
- Structural Engineer: Double D Engineering
- Area: 4,200 sq. ft.
- Completed: 2016
Thursday, July 7th, 2016
Article source: Zui Ng with ZDES
Situated at Historical Fourth ward Houston, Texas, Shotgun Chameleon (designed and build by Zui Ng with ZDES) is Inspired by Gulf Coast raised shotgun houses and versatility of chameleon skin. The design emphasizes programmatic flexibility and response to climate. The chameleon-like front screen element provides a myriad of facade possibilities to adapt this design to different urban contexts and to a variety of solar/ wind orientations. Possibilities include wood siding painted to blend with the street-scape, billboards where commercial uses are feasible on the ground floor, louvered wood (vertical or horizontal depending on orientation) to allow for breezes while blocking direct sun and providing privacy, solar panel screen to harvest solar energy, or vine covered screens reminiscent of French quarter balconies. As for the alternating wood slats screen on the sides, they provides privacy for both residents and the neighbors while allowing sunlight and wind to move through the house. A double height glass windows frame an ever evolving urban view at the South and a floor to ceiling opening frame the four seasons views of nature at the north.
Image Courtesy © Zui Ng with ZDES
- Architects: Zui Ng with ZDES
- Project: Chameleon Shotgun
- Location: Fourth ward, Houston, Texas, U.S.A
- Software used: Photoshop
Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
Article source: Design Initiatives
The latest Design Initiatives project is for a new ground-up construction of 2 story single family house with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in charming Mar Vista area of Los Angeles, California.
It has minimal, clean, soft and organically waived surfaces for relaxing and joyful experience what resting at home should be. In the same time the very practical and functional layout will support the young couple with two kids in their everyday routine.
Image Courtesy © Design Initiatives
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Mar Vista House
- Location: Los Angeles, California, U.S.A
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3D MAX, Photoshop
- Credits : Design Initiatives – Vlado Valkof, Ana Veselinova, Constantine Dimitrov, Konstantin Kyosev, Elena Takova; MS Consulting – structural; Perfect Design – MEP & environmental
- Area: 3,220 sq. ft.
- Date: 2016
- Status: Under construction
Thursday, June 30th, 2016
Article source: ARQMOV Workshop
The project involved the renovation of a house built in the 1920s, to transform it into the first restaurant specialized in serving waffle sandwiches in Mexico, along with a great variety of freshly brewed coffee made with the best extraction methods available.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: ARQMOV Workshop
- Project: Freims Condesa
- Location: Colonia Condesa , Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, Sketchup
- Living Area: 235 m²
- Date: 2016
Friday, June 17th, 2016
Article source: in situ studio
The Corbett Residence is on a wooded site, down a winding drive. The drive is thin and meanders between trees to protect the house from view. The house is a low black box that strikes a line across the slope, mimicking the horizon. The house is at the edge of a hill, above a creek, and is oriented to admit light and views of the forest. At the east end of the house, the master bedroom looks out to a large red oak and fern glade. Our clients, who are restrained, contributed beautiful ideas and challenged us to express necessity.
Image Courtesy © Richard Leo Johnson/Atlantic Archives
- Architects: in situ studio
- Project: The Corbett Residence
- Location: Bahama, North Carolina, USA
- Photography: Richard Leo Johnson/Atlantic Archives
- Software used: PowerCADD, SketchUp, Photoshop, RenderIn
- Size: 1,560 sf
- Year: 2015
Thursday, June 16th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Oppenheim Architecture, the award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm, is honored to have received the Jury Winner award for Destination Spa and Resort at the Architizer A+ Award gala in May 2016. With entries from over 100 countries, the Architizer A+ Award jury selects one Jury Winner in each award category.
An Illusion within the Limits of Reality, Image Courtesy © Renderings: Luxigon
- Architects: Oppenheim Architecture
- Project: Destination Spa + Resort
- Location: the Middle East
- Renderings: Luxigon
- Software used: Maya, Archicad, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Project Manager: Rey Lester
- Designers: Gilbert Attic, Jose Ortez, Olivier Montfort, J.J. Bruyning, Santiago Eliaschev, Charles Michael Arnspiger, Victoria Pineros, Gerald Wood, Kevin McMorris, Kevin Heidorn
- Size: 650 Acres
Thursday, June 2nd, 2016
Article source: Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects
Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects have submitted a planning application for an exciting residential project for Bellway Homes in Surrey.
The proposed development on Wey Corner to the north of Guildford town centre will replace an industrial unit to provide 56 high quality new homes across a 0.38 ha site. Nineteen homes will be affordable apartments with thirty seven provided for open market sale.
Image Courtesy © Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects
- Architects: Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects
- Project: New Riverside Residential scheme
- Location: Guildford, England, UK
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop
Friday, May 27th, 2016
Article source: Tetsuo Yamaji Architects
We designed a house in the suburban area of North Kanto. It is a house for a young couple with two small children. As we designed this house, we realized that there is a common question that we are all (including myself) confronted with when living in a contemporary society.
Image Courtesy © Kenta Hasegawa
- Architects: Tetsuo Yamaji Architects
- Project: Module Grid House
- Location: Saitama, Japan
- Photography: Kenta Hasegawa
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Structural Engineer: Ladderup Architects
- Site area: 208.27 m2
- Building area: 39.75 m2
- Total floor area: 79.50 m2
- Completion: June 2015
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Ark-kassam Architects
The House Concept is designed to create a simple sculptural volumetric block using perforated screens windows and kinetic sunscreens are used to provide a seamless transition from the roof to the penthouse, villa facades and boundaries.
The Villa Contemporary style and the Integration of shading components as main elements composing the façades, Image Courtesy © Ark-Kassam Architects
- Architects: Ark-kassam Architects (Abdalrahim Kassam)
- Project: Lusail-Naqsh House
- Location: North Residential Villas & Waterfront Residential Villas Districts, Lusail City, Qatar
- Software used: Cad, Rhino, Sketch up, Atlantis, PS
- Clients: Hilal Arnaout
- Visualizing: Mais Hassoun
- Landscaping: Noor Kassam
- Total Built-up Area: 1042 sq.
- Year: 2016-2017
Friday, May 13th, 2016
Article source: GNPARQUITECTOS
The main intention of this house renovation project was to create a central and predominant garden area (nonexistent due to the original placement of the house), and at the same time highlight and enhance the position of the house facing the hill, which was originally ignored.
Image Courtesy © Vidal Sebastian Sepulveda
- Architects: GNPARQUITECTOS
- Project: Lo Contador House
- Location: Lo Contador street, Providencia, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Vidal Sebastian Sepulveda
- Software used: Autocad 2d and 3d, Photoshop, 3d studio
- Built Area: 180 sqm plus storage unit
- Terrain Surface: 400 sqm
- Year: 2015