Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Friday, June 9th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Emigration House, a project by Steven Christensen Architecture of Santa Monica, California, has received a Special Mention distinction at the Architizer A+ Awards. The Architizer A+Awards received entries from over 100 countries, and its winners represent the best of architecture and design worldwide. The jury included such industry luminaries as Denise Scott Brown, Bjarke Ingels and Tom Kundig, as well as personalities from outside of architecture such as Tony Hsieh (CEO, Zappos), Yves Behar (Fuseproject), John Edelman (CEO, Design Within Reach), Cameron Sinclair (Architecture for Humanity) and Barry Bergdoll (MoMA). Special Mention awards were given to the top 15 percent of entries in each category, and other firms to receive the distinction include Morphosis, Neri&Hu, and OMA.
Image Courtesy © Steven Christensen Architecture
- Architects: Steven Christensen Architecture
- Project: Emigration House
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Autocad, V-Ray, Photoshop
- Team: Steven Christensen (Principal), Devon Montminy, Cori Gunderson, Tianyu Kan, Andrew Kim, Carol Cotu
- Status: Construction beginning June 2017
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Article source: Studio LOOP
Hourglass is a minimalist residence located in Gunma, Japan, designed by Studio LOOP. The exterior of the house is characterized by blue galvanized panels and an array of wooden accents. The building is constructed of two main volumes, connected in the middle by a transparent walkway. The interior is composed of wooden walls and ceilings that match the bespoke cabinetry and furniture found throughout the space. The floors are a darker grain of wood that shift to walnut on the upper level.
Image Courtesy © Studio LOOP
- Architects: Studio LOOP
- Project: Hourglass
- Location: Gunma, Japan
- Software used: SketchUp, 3dS Max, Autocad, Vectorworks, Photoshop
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Article source: Letoublon Dupouy
The project is located at Marseille Campus Luminy, in the National Park area, and includes the rehabilitation of a building in the late 60s, the creation of an extension, and its landscaping.
Made for the metropolis and destined for a scientific research activity advanced (immunotechnology), design objectives include the complete transformation of the existing buildings (internal surface of approximately 2090 m2) to laboratories, offices, technical rooms and rest area.
Image Courtesy © Clément Guillaume
- Architects: Letoublon Dupouy (c. Monge)
- Project: MI-mAbs
- Location: Marseille, France
- Photography: Clément Guillaume
- Software used: Vectorworks, Autocad, Artlantis, Photoshop
- Engineering: Sarlec
- Lead Architects: Laure Létoublon, Christophe Monge et Sébastien Dupouy
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 2090 m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: Grupa Metaforma
In this world everything is clear – a simple form, minimalistic colors selection, natural materials. This concept of design has been dictated by the male point of view from the very beginning.
The apartment was purchased in the fall and when the architects entered it, they noticed an exceptional view of the old trees in the neighborhood. Yellow, red and brown colors were the perfect background.
Image Courtesy © Grupa Metaforma
- Architects: Grupa Metaforma
- Project: Apartment For A Guy and Even Two of Them
- Location: Poznań, Poland
- Software used: ArchiCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: Officina29 Architetti
Countryside Villa is a project by Officina29 Architetti and includes the renovation of an existing house and the construction of a guest house with a swimming pool.
The renovation project stems from two specific intentions: to restore the right proportions between living and sleeping areas and open the building to the countryside, thereby generating a direct relationship between internal and external environment.
Image Courtesy © Officina29 Architetti
- Architects: Officina29 Architetti
- Project: Countryside villa
- Location: Sassari, Italy
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Vray, Photoshop
- Team Project: Stefano Ercolani, Antonio Chessa, Alessandra Caria
- Year: 2012-2013
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: Blooey / Remko Verhaagen
VanBerlo has set up their second office in the former Ypenburg air base. This building with a rich history underwent a massive renovation, and VanBerlo set out to find the perfect way to mix the building’s historic style with an iconic and contemporary interior. The result is a stylish and minimalistic atmosphere, surrounded by honest materials such as concrete, plywood and felt.
The building was designed by famous Dutch architects Jan Brinkman and Leendert van der Vlugt. Built in the 1930s, Ypenburg airport was clearly ahead of its time. A minimalistic example of Modern Architecture, a style that zeroed in on light, air and space.
Image Courtesy © Tycho Merijn
- Architects: Blooey / Remko Verhaagen
- Project: VanBerlo Ypenburg
- Location: The Netherlands
- Photography: Tycho Merijn
- Software used: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Solidworks 3D CAD
- Client: VanBerlo
- Design: Remko Verhaagen and Ad van Berlo (in collaboration with the VanBerlo design team)
- Realization: Eric Biermann / Steef Joosten / Derk-Jan Zeelenberg / Buro Spoormaker
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: Buratti Architetti
The project for the new headquarters of Atieva, a Silicon Valley based company involved in research and production of electric cars, has two main parts: the interior renovation of an existing office building and the new outdoor entrance.
The project for the new headquarters is about the new layout of the interior spaces, especially on the public areas such as the entrance, the lounge spaces, meeting and conference rooms and so on. These are the most representative space in the building, that will involve both employees, clients, suppliers and everyone who will be invited at the company.
Image Courtesy © Buratti Architetti
- Architects: Buratti Architetti
- Project: ATIEVA headquarters
- Location: Menlo Park, San Francisco California, USA
- Software used: Autocad LT, 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: tIPS ARCHITECTS
An architectonic and graphic procedure is a continuous evolution of tests, drafts and tries.
Everybody knows and \”loves\” the final result but the design process that made it, belongs to the creative team.
We thought to cover the walls of the ACM GRAPHIC LAB by these attempts , by these pieces of paper, used them like a classical element of the interior design: the wallpaper.
Image Courtesy © tIPS ARCHITECTS
- Architects: tIPS ARCHITECTS
- Project: ACM Graphic Lab
- Location: Cremosano, Italy
- Software used: Autocad, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Size: 100 m2
- Designed: 2016
- Completed: 2017
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: B+ABR Backheuser e Riera Arquitetura
B + ABR – Backheuser and Riera Arquitetura is an architecture and urban planning firm founded in 2014 as a result of the partnership between the offices BlAC and ABR, which started in 2010.
As of the experience acquired by their partners, responsible amongst others for projects such as Olympic arenas, housing, schools, corporative, hotels and several urbanization projects, B + ABR aims at a collaborative and multidisciplinary future , seeking to leverage the exchange of experiences and the symbiosis between the Brazilian-Carioca and Spanish-Catalan cultures to the utmost.
Image Courtesy © Andre Sanches
- Architects: B+ABR Backheuser e Riera Arquitetura
- Project: Orla Conde – Olympic Boulevard
- Location: Praça Mauá, 1. Rio de Janeiro. RJ, Brazil
- Photography: Miguel Sa, André Sanches, Francis Figueiredo, PortoNovo/Prefeitura, Ignasi Riera, JoaoP Backheuser
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, SketchUp, V-Ray
- Authors: João Pedro Backheuser/ Ignasi Riera
- Project leaders: Javier Zaldívar / Enrique Valiente
- Team: Mikel Muñoz, Paolo Nadalin, Victor Pastor, Rosario Portillo, André Sanches, Antoni Soler, Pilar Tejero
- Other clients and consultants: CDURP (Companhia de Desenvolvimento Urbano da Região do Porto de Rio de Janeiro-attached to Council),
- PortoNovo (concessionary), PortoRio (contractor), RAIAR (architecture consultant), Engecorps (Structures and Installations), Lucia Costa e Francis
- Soares (Softscaping)
- Total area (m2): 252.000 m2 (25,2 Ha.)
- Year finished: 2016
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: Atelier Xavier Ávila
X/A apartments is a project designed by an architecture studio based in Madalena, Pico Island, Azores: X/A atelier
The project was developed by the architect Sofia Xavier Avila, owner and manager of the studio, in partnership with João Xavier Avila.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Architects: Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Project: X/A Apartments
- Location: Madalena, Portugal
- Software used:Autocad, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop