Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012
Article source: Emmanuel Combarel Dominique Marrec architectes
Contribute to a new polarity in the landscape
Located across from the St. Etienne station on the Esplanade de France, the influence of the intervention at the heart of the BIA Châteaucreux Is A Link Between Neighborhoods and horizon lines, a low point in the Topography of St. Etienne in front of a preferred route to the city center. Combined with the scale of the project and the symbolic value of the program, This unique location Gives the project has special status in the building of the city.
- Architect: Emmanuel Combarel Dominique Marrec architectes
- Name of Project: ZAC Chateaucreux
- Location: Saint-Etienne, France
- Program: construction of a property consisting of housing, offices, hotels and shops
- Owner: Vinci Immobilier, Cardinal Group
- Project Manager: ECDM
- Area: 30,000 sq.m.
- Delivery: 2014
- Sofwtare used: Photoshop for the images, for plans, Autocad.
Sunday, January 8th, 2012
Article source: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
Client: CAPSLO focuses on helping residents of San Luis Obispo County achieve economic self-sufficiency. The organization aids its participants in securing employment, maintaining adequate housing, receiving medical services, and providing childcare. CAPSLO offers its services to 43,000 people across San Luis Obispo County and nine other central and southern California counties nine other central and southern California counties.
- Architects: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
- Project: CAPSLO Homeless Services Center
- Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
- Client: Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. (CAPSLO)
- Size: 26,000 square feet building + 26,000 square feet outdoor space
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop, 3D Studio MAX, Illustrator
Saturday, January 7th, 2012
Article source: Hartness Vision
Located in front of Manila City Hall, the proposed project by HartnessVision integrates “water branding” into the landscape architecture of a Maynilad water distribution facility. The site is organized around 3 programmed, landscaped axes (nature, access, amenities) in which pedestrians have priority. The presence of systemic infrastructural strategy and notions of environmental stewardship permeate the design language.
- Architects: Hartness Vision
- Project: Water Brand
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Software used: Sketchup and 3DS max, with post production in Photoshop. The entire presentation was formatted for PowerPoint presentation to the client (Maynilad) hosting the competition.
Saturday, December 17th, 2011
Article source: GPP Architects
Located in the beautiful Marselisborg district, within the centre of Aarhus city – is Marselisborg High School, one of Denmark’s most renowned schools, rich in tradition and history – often featured in books and movies.
Canteen (Images Courtesy GPP Architects)
- Architect: GPP Architects
- Name of Project: Marselisborg High School
- Location: Aarhus, Denmark
- Partners in charge: Hans-Jørn Borgen Paulsen and Carsten Gjørtz
- Team of Architects: Tina Lind, Trine Broe Rasmussen, Fiona Rubens Hansen, Lene N. Kristensen and Erik Nord Nielsen
- Sub-consultants: Boldt & Henningsen Landscape
- Software used: Google SketchUp 8, Vray for SketchUp, Autodesk Autocad, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011
Article source: Ström Architects
The site is located in Suffolk two miles inland from Aldeburgh, and lies within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The site itself forms part of an overall land ownership of 2.5ha surrounded by agricultural land.
- Architect: Ström Architects
- Name of Project: Private House
- Location: Suffolk, UK
- CGI Visulisation: Peter Guthrie Visualisation
- Structural Engineer: Barton Engineers
- Client: Private
- Programme: Currently in Planning
- Construction: May 2012 – March 2013
- Materials: Corten cladding, dark-grey stained timber boarding
- Software used: Vectorworks, Photoshop, SketchUp, 3DS Max with various modeling plug-ins.
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Article source: GruppoFonArchitetti
Venice is an organic city, where the sea water goes in for six hours and goes out for six hours from the lagoon, which surrounds the city.. The saltwater is mixed with fresh water of the lagoon, creating a unique ecosystem, where, perhaps, against nature, man has built. In these green water, due to the life of the seabeds, everything is reflected, starting from the sky which provides colour variations throughout the day, seasons and weather conditions.
Image Courtesy Daniele Domenicali
- Architects: GruppoFonArchitetti
- Project: Colors on Water
- Location: Venice, old town centre, Italy
- Customer: EstCapital Group
- Project manager: GruppoFonArchitetti
- Structure project: Venice Plan Engineering
- Software used: ArchiCAD (to design the project) and Photoshop (to put the pieces together)
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Article source: Prokofyev Archigroup
Sports introduce a lot of emotions into our life. Strive for competitions and tournaments has been an integral part of the development of our civilization for a long time. This favored development of new and unique facilities, such as Coliseum, arenas and stadiums, each of them having its own style, form and purpose, able to accommodate many thousands of people. Modern types of sport have their own facilities. These are soccer, ice-hockey and Olympic stadiums, tennis courts, swimming pools, etc. Each city has one or several facilities like this. But they are disseminated across different places.
- Architect: Prokofyev Archigroup
- Name of Project: Sports tower
- Location: Bank of the Dnieper River in Ukraine
- Software used: 3DS Max and PhotoShop
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011
Article source: Design Initiatives
Our intention in the ThyssenKrupp Elevator Istanbul Disaster Prevention and Education Centre Competition is to organize a joyful, integral space where man reconciles with nature. In addition to animate forms we have manipulated the movement in order to induce the production of new urban opportunities.
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Istanbul Disaster Prevention and Education Centre
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Type: culture
- Date: September, 2011
- Status: competition
- Client: ThyssenKrupp Elevator
- Area: 9,450 sq. m.
- Credits: Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof – architect; Malgorzata Blasik, Minko Marinov, Anne Valkof, – designers; Peter Kochevski, Viki Raytcheva – rendering
- Software used: Maya with V-Ray rendering, Photoshop, AutoCAD
Friday, December 2nd, 2011
Article source: Kariouk Associates
To design a small, very private, four-season cottage
In this small, weekend and vacation retreat, the clients and their daughter seek to take refuge from the world. As such, the home is introverted; but the clients also desired that the house achieve a maximum connection to its beautiful, forested, lake-side site. Last, it is important to note that this home is built as a place the clients will keep for their entire lives and then pass on to their daughter; the clients, a couple each involved in art conservation, sought a home whose design would itself be conceived as a vessel for the conservation of the family memories that will unfold here.
Exterior Ravine (Image Courtesy Photolux Studios)
- Architects: Kariouk Associates
- Project: Hill-Maheux Cottage
- Location: Val-des-Monts, Quebec, Canada
- Project dates: 2006-2010
- General Contracter: Timber Wolf (Donald Thom)
- Structural Engineering: The Paterson Group (Zbig Kisilewicz)
- Curtain Wall Supplier: Verval Ltee (Charles-Armand Turpin)
- Geotechnical Consultant: The Paterson Group (Laird Stewart)
- Photography: Photolux Studios (Christian Lalonde)
- Software used: AutoCAD and PhotoShop
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Article source: Synarchitects
Challenged with a highly innovative plant, combining scientific research and modern production of concrete on an international standard, we have been asking ourselves to not only provide all tasks, but to add something special that makes this project shine out the typical factories.
The company XinAo is multitalented enterprise providing all kind of goods and services. A lot of their goals are satisfying families and supporting them in the daily tasks we all encounter. We took this as a perfect link to the subject concrete, providing us with the necessarities of our infrastructure. This ranges from bridges to houses to simple furniture. We took this liason of common goals to give the whole project a simple and for everyone coherent face, a ordinary house.
- Architect: Synarchitects
- Name of Project: XinAo Concrete Research Plant
- Location: Beijing, China
- Structural engineers: Synarchitects
- Client: Xin Ao
- Design team: Zou Yingxi, Gao Yang, Florian Baumgartner
- Credits: Synarchitects
- Software used: primarly Rhino and Sketchup initially; later on 3DS and the Adobe products for the finish.