Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
Article source: INFLUX_STUDIO
India’s urbanity is in the midst of a quiet revolution taking place around the whole country. Cause and consequence of the new Indian role in the global economy, a new urban shape is being unveiled witnessing a dramatic transformation from rural to urban.
- Architects: INFLUX_STUDIO
- Project: Sky Park
- Location: Greater Noida District, New Dehli, India
- Type: Open International Competition
- Client: SpireTec
- Site Area: 85,000 sqm
- Project Area: 65,000 sqm
- Project Year: 2010
- Software used: Autocad, 3DSMax, and Photoshop…….and a lot of passion
Wednesday, July 20th, 2011
Article source: inFORM studio
In 2005, The Ann Arbor District Library (AADL) purchased approximately 4 acres of property for a new branch library to serve the Northeast quadrant of the city of Ann Arbor. This was to be the third branch library constructed by the current administration since 2002 and would replace a 4000 sq.ft. branch library within an existing strip mall located along a nearby commercial corridor. The site, heavily wooded and densely vegetated, is located on the Southwest corner of Huron Parkway and Traverwood Drive.
Night View (Images Courtesy Jame Haefner)
- Architect: inFORM studio
- Name of Project: Ann Arbor District Library – Traverwood Branch
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Completion Date: June 2008
- Project Size: 16,600 sq.ft.
- Project Budget: $7,000,000
- Photography: Jame Haefner, Justin Maconochie
- Software used: AutoCAD v.2004 for all the construction documents. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for renderings and presentation etc.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011
Article source: Holm Architecture Office
The Pulsen Community Center unites an array of exiting facilities under one roof. With a combination of baths, fitness areas, doctor offices and a community gathering spaces the design creates a unique new building typology, which aims at promoting interaction and creativity for all the inhabitants of Balling.
Pulsen Community Center
- Architects: Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Pulsen Community Center
- Location: Balling, Denmark
- Architect Team: Holm Architecture Office, Niklas Thormark, Will Kempler and Tobias Lindqvist-Ottosson
- Software used: Mainly AutoCAD for all drafting; Sketch-up, Rhino and Photoshop for renderings and Illustrator for diagrams. Also do a series of sketch models to test out different schemes and concepts.
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011
Article source: LAB Architecture Studio
“M Shed is a fitting tribute to all the people who have helped shape the city’s history. I share the pride of local people who see this new museum as a bold statement of who we are, where we have come from, what we have achieved and our optimism and enthusiasm for the future.”
Mshed Bristol Museum
- Architects: LAB Architecture Studio
- Project: Mshed Bristol Museum
- Location: Bristol, England
- Description: Industrial Museum redesign
- Architect Design: LAB Architecture, Bush Architects
- Developer/Client: Bristol City Council
- Main Contractor: Bray and Slaughter / BAM
- Project Value: Â£26m
- Sub contractor(s): Beck Interiors
- Software used: mainly used Microstation V8; but we also used Rhino, 3D Studio, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011
Article source: Archion Architects
The ‘Zephyr’ Mixed use development is a conceptual design of a High end commercial & retail space coupled with residential units above. the design is inspired by flows of air which the building harvests to power common areas in the development.
Zephyr Eye Level View
- ARCHITECT: ARCHION ARCHITECTS
- PROJECT: ‘ZEPHYR’ MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT
- LOCATION: MANDALUYONG CITY, PHILIPPINES
- SIZE: 5400 SQM
- STATUS: CONCEPTUAL
- Software used: Autodesk Revit and Adobe Photoshop
Tuesday, July 12th, 2011
Article source: Heri und Salli
The FLEDERHAUS as an open space where the visitors can be find a new home and it can again serve as an oasis of relaxation and a symbol of a vertical public sphere.
Flederhaus (Image Courtesy mischa erben)
- Architects: Heri und Salli
- Project: Flederhaus – Come in and Hang out
- Location: Museumsplatz 1, A-1010 Vienna, Austria
- Realisation: June 2011
- Cooperation with: MQ Vienna, Griffner, Binderholz
- Photography: mischa erben
- Use Materials: It is a wooden module construction which is produced with the griffner company.
- Software used: Drawings AUTOCAD; For the concept renderings the architects built a model with hands and then put them into PHOTOSHOP and worked with it.
Saturday, July 9th, 2011
Article source: Lijo Reny Architects
“I don’t want my house to be seen from the road”, “I don’t want a typical Malayali NRI house” These two important suggestions from the client, directed the architects to design a house with a sweeping green roof hiding the otherwise visible form of the house from the road. If at all anyone got a glimpse of the house they would keep guessing as to what it was, an approach as such towards residential design is new to this place, where most designers fail (read avoid) to think beyond their visual architectural history, let alone a layman.
Image Courtesy Lijo Reny architects
- Architects: Lijo Reny Architects
- Project: Green Roof Residence
- Location: West Kadungallur, Aluva, Kerala, India
- Cleint: Dr. Ismail and Family
- Buit up Area: 4,500 Sqft
- Status: Nearing Completion
- Photographs: Courtesy of Lijo Reny architects
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3DS Max and Photoshop
Thursday, July 7th, 2011
Article source: Kadarik Tüür Arhitektid
The outdoor theatre stage is built especially for 12 plays during the summer. Its main architectural goal is to create a closed, comfortable and intimate space that creates an immediate connection with the audience and the actors.
Image Courtesy Noor Eesti
- Architects: Kadarik Tüür Arhitektid
- Project: RAKVERE Summer Theater
- Location: Tallinn, Estonia
- Photography: Noor Eesti
- Software used: 3dmax, photoshop, rhinoceros
Tuesday, July 5th, 2011
Article source: ARANGUREN & GALLEGOS ARQUITECTOS SL
“Architecture is a mixture of NOSTALGIA and ANTICIPATION, the co-existence of history and vanguard”. (JEAN BAUDRILLARD)
The new Drawing and Illustration Centre of ABC appears with the will to become an artistic reference at an international level and also a symbol of the cultural offer in Madrid. Its installation in the building of the old factory in Calle Amaniel, must respond to an intervention that is appropriate for a historical building, without renouncing to express its contemporanean centre nature with a wide cultural and artistic offer linked to the most avant-garde institutions within our context.
Images Courtesy JESÚS GRANADA
- ARCHITECT: ARANGUREN & GALLEGOS ARQUITECTOS SL
- NAME OF PROJECT: ABC MUSEUM
- LOCATION: C/ AMANIEL 29-31. MADRID, SPAIN
- CLIENT: GRUPO VOCENTO
- CONSTRUCTOR: CONSTRUCCIONES LA ROSALEDA, EFCAL (INSTALACIONES)
- BUILD COST: 3.681.606,84
- PHOTOGRAPHER: JESÚS GRANADA, MANOLO YLLERA
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, and Sketchup
Thursday, June 30th, 2011
Article source: Fuse Architects
This Los Gatos home was designed to capture the amazing views of the Santa Cruz Mountains as the home sits nestled into the hillside on a south-facing slope. The clients wanted to fill the house with natural light, where the existing house had low overhanging eaves on the south side, limiting the view and natural light.
- Architect: Fuse Architects
- Name of Project: Favre Ridge
- Location: Santa Cruz, California, USA
- Year Completed: 2009
- Contractor: Cal Con Construction
- Software used: AutoCAD and Photoshop
- Siding: Swiss Pearl
- Doors: Garage Doors Inc.
- Railing/ Hardware: Stainless Steel