Archive for the ‘Autodesk’ Category
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: JYA-RCHITECTS
Sodam-Sodam is a share house.
The very first question we asked ourselves about this project was: “what is the most unique charm of a share house in today’s housing reality?”
The answer was simple: nicely designed and spacious spaces such as a kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom, all of which individuals may not be able to afford or dream of—at least in a crowded and expensive city like Seoul.
Image Courtesy © Hwang Hyochel
- Architects: JYA-RCHITECTS
- Project: Sillim-dong Share House
- Location: Sillim-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Hwang Hyochel
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Construction: Iewoo construction
- Structure: RC(reinforced concrete)
- Total floor area: 198.34 m2
- Year: Jan.2015 – Jun. 2016
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: Royal HaskoningDHV
The new underground parking garage in Katwijk aan Zee is the result of a multifaceted commission granted to Royal HaskoningDHV by the Municipality of Katwijk. Royal HaskoningDHV is responsible for the architectural design of the underground parking and translated this design into a Building Quality Plan. Based on this Building Quality Plan, Ballast Nedam, in cooperation with ZJA, engineered the integral design (architectural, functional, structural and installation) for the realization of the parking garage.
Image Courtesy © Luuk Kramer
- Architects: Royal HaskoningDHV
- Project: Kustwerk Katwijk
- Location: Katwijk, Netherlands
- Photography: Luuk Kramer, OnSite Photography
- Software used: Sketchup, Autodesk Autocad, Rhinoceros 3D, Vray and Adobe Design Suite
- Client: Municipality of Katwijk
- Landscape architect: OKRA Landscape architects
- Contract management: WB de Ruimte
- Dyke consultant: Arcadis
- Contractor: Bouwcombinatie Ballast Nedam/Rohde Nielsen
- Structural Design: Adviesbureau Snijders
- MEP: De Bosman Bedrijven
- Lift installation: Liften‐ en Machinefabriek Lakeman
- Façade Engineering and realization: Metadecor
- Integral Design: Ballast Nedam Engineering in cooperation with ZJA
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
Article source: Atelier Mearc
Early architecture was built maybe merely to accommodate people. As time changes, city breath permeates into architecture and stamps them with urbanization. Just like the old residential buildings in shanghai.
Image Courtesy © Lu Haha
- Architects: Atelier Mearc
- Project: Apartment 37
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Lu Haha
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe InDesign
- Architect in charge: Zhou Wei
- Design team: Xu Xiwen, Du Mili
- Area: 37 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
- Complete Time: 2016
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: Vassiliades Architects
In this house with bioclimatic elements in Kantou, Cyprus, the building program was structured in such a way that it is fully operational, while the aim of the full exploitation of the environmental conditions in order to save energy and achieve thermal comfort for users was achieved. All the above, resulted its ranking in energy class “A”. The main idea, which determined the final morphological outcome, is characterized by the parallel synthesis of 3 monolithic volumes. Morphologically, the design combines some more “traditional” typologies and materials with other modern minimalist trends. In this design context, the “monolithic” volumes, are coated with different materials, from a neutral white color to stone and wood panels.
Image Courtesy © Vassiliades Architects
- Architects: Vassiliades Architects
- Project: House in Kantou II
- Location: Kantou, Cyprus
- Software used: Autodesk Autocad and Autodesk Revit
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
Audentes Therapeutics is a biotechnology company that is pioneering the development and commercialization of gene therapy treatments for people with serious and rare diseases. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research, medical, and business communities with whom they work to improve the lives of patients.
To accommodate their growing team, Audentes hired Blitz to design 22,000 square feet of office space over two floors in a multi-floor, class-A office building in San Francisco, California. The new office includes both open office and private office workstations; a collaborative all hands space; conference center; and collaborative work cafe. The office also offers stunning views of several San Francisco landmarks including Coit Tower and the Transamerica Pyramid.
Image Courtesy © Jasper Sanidad
- Architects: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
- Project: Audentes Therapeutics Office
- Location: 600 California Street, 16th and 17th Floors, San Francisco, CA
- Photography: Jasper Sanidad
- Software used: REVIT
- Seth Hanley: Principal-in-Charge
- Abby Lubniewski: Project Designer
- Abby Berube: Furniture Specialist
- Kimberley O’Dowd: Construction Administration
- John Hunter: Specifications
- Size: 22,000 SF
- Completion: April 2016
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: Mountford Williamson Architecture
This house provides a retreat from the city, allowing its owners to enjoy the magnificent coastal bushland setting and time with family and friends. This is a true holiday home providing casual and informal living within flexible spaces, and reflects the owner’s desire to live as sustainably as possible.
The house needed to be flexible, at times a single bedroom retreat and other times expanding to house larger groups of family and friends.
Image Courtesy © Mountford Williamson Architecture
Wednesday, July 27th, 2016
Article source: LPzR architetti associati
The building is located in Milan (Italy), close to a well known shopping district.
It is a typical sixties warehouse, placed in a courtyard.
The project is about the complete restyling and refurbishing of the ground floor of the building.
Image Courtesy © Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria, Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Architects: LPzR architetti associati
- Project: Light Loft
- Location: via Marghera 32 – Milano, Italy
- Photography: Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria, Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhinoceros
- Client: MD Group
- Head designer: Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria (LPzR architetti associati)
- Design group: Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria, Federico Reyneri, Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria, Luca Gobbo
- Construction supervisor: Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Structural engineering: Nicola Boreatti
- Main contractor: NICA costruzioni s.r.l.
- Consistenza: 5 apartments
- Gross area: 500 mq
- Completion date: 2006 – 2009
Wednesday, July 27th, 2016
Article source: B.E Architecture
The Blake Street Residence was intended to investigate a typology of coastal architecture which responded primarily to the ruggedness of its Australian landscape setting.
This dictated elevating the house above the ground plane through the construction of a massive stone podium. The choice of Maffra stone and its rudimentary construction relates to similar stonework seen in many of the historic buildings in the surrounding area.
Image Courtesy © B.E Architecture
- Architects: B.E Architecture
- Project: Blake Street Residence
- Location: Shoreham, Victoria, Australia
- Software used: CAD
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Article source: Kaan Architecten
Rather than the arrival of a new office building, the realization of the headquarters of the Brabantse Delta water board signifies a new lease of life for the century-old country estate (first mentioned late 14th century), and an important symbol for the landscape at the South of Breda. With its new premises on the Bouvigne estate, the district water board has provided appropriate continuity for a piece of cultural-historical heritage. The scope of the commission was broad, extending the castle, the gardens and the surrounding structures and grounds, including the chapel and the castle gatehouse.
Image Courtesy © Christian Richters
- Architects: Kaan Architecten
- Project: District Water Board Brabantse Delta
- Location: Breda, Netherlands
- Photography: Christian Richters
- Software used: Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Rhinoceros
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
The Community Center in Aphae-do, Shinan-gun, Jeollanam-do is located on a special site, and has a special programme. First of all, it was my first building project to be built on an island. Second, the main programme of the building was the public bath and restaurant for the elders in the village. The elders, who make up most of the population in the fishing village, do not have a decent bathing facility in their home.
Image Courtesy © Park Young-Chae
- Architects: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
- Project: The Void
- Location: Shinan-gun, jeonllanam-do, Korea
- Photography: Park Young-Chae
- Software used: Sketchup, Autocad
- Client: Shinan-gun office
- Design Team: Heo Jinsung, Son Insil, Park Jungkyu, Kwon Jinhee, Ham Seungho
- Exterior finishing: Dryvit finish, Exposed concrete,
- Structural engineer: Dawoo
- Construction: Joongsan construction company
- Mechanical engineer: Min Sung engineering
- Electrical engineer: Hyeob-In
- Site area: 5,554m2
- Building area: 604.07m2
- Gross floor area: 1436.47m2
- Design period: Oct. 2013 – Nov. 2014
- Construction period: Dec. 2014 – Mar. 2016