Archive for the ‘Autodesk’ Category
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
Article source: DAAD Architecten
DAAD Architecten has designed a new sheepfold, with a pitched barn and wool studio, in Balloo in Drenthe. The site, which was ruined through a fire, on the edge of the Balloo es [heightened plots of farmland, specific to Drenthe], has been developed into a public, central green, with spaces for education, information and art.
the new sheepfold combines a landscape approach for the entire site, Image Courtesy © Marianne Berkhoff
- Architects: DAAD Architecten
- Project: Sheepfold Balloo
- Location: Drenthe, Netherlands
- Photography: Marianne Berkhoff
- Software used: Vectorworks, Modelmaking, Hand drawings, AutoCad
- Realisation: 2013
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: CHRIST.CHRIST. associated architects
Eckelmann AG was established in 1977. This medium-sized company offers its customers practical solutions for electronic machine controls and software development and system integration for the system automation. The spectrum ranges from compact device control through to the automation of scattered industrial systems.
Image Courtesy © CHRIST.CHRIST. associated architects
- Architects: CHRIST.CHRIST. associated architects
- Project: Eckelmann AG
- Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
- Software Used: Autocad
- Staff: Ronni Neuber, Christiane Bolesta
- Structural design: Schmitt + Thielmann und Partner | Wiesbaden
- Construction volume: Floor space 1,400 m², Gross floor space 2,000 m², Gross capacity 7,750 m³
- Realisation: 2012-2013
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: SHED Architecture & Design
Located in Seattle’s Leschi neighborhood the Main Street House takes its name from the unimproved right of way and pedestrian path that bounds its site to the north. The single family house was built for a husband and wife, both geologists, nearing retirement but actively working from home.
Image Courtesy © Mark Woods
- Architects: SHED Architecture & Design
- Project: MAIN STREET HOUSE
- Location: Seattle, WA, U.S.A
- Photography: Mark Woods
- Software Used: Sketch up and Autocad
- Square Footage: 2,332
- Contractor: David Gray Construction
- Landscape Desgin: Urban Wilds
- Structural Engineer: Harriott Valentine Engineers
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: Roland Baldi architects
The new public square gives access to the different structures of the district center and the adjacent urban park. It also acts as a meeting ground for the residents and offers people a space for outdoor events. The square is paved with a with two-tone cobblestone zebra pattern from white Lasa marble and black basalt. Through an undulating elevation of the paving in the northeast area of the square a planter with seat function with different heights and different inclinations was created.
Image Courtesy © Roland Baldi architects
- Architects: Roland Baldi architects
- Project: Angela Nikoletti Square, Bolzano
- Location: Italy
- Photography: Oskar Da Riz
- Software used: Autocad LT
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Article source: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
Background and Context
Since 2008, 21 new kindergartens have been built in Medellín in barrios with problems of insecurity and social inequality. The El Pinal Kindergarten was awarded through a public architectural tender and has been conceived as a space for education, culture and life. The project is located on the slopes of the central – eastern area of Medellín, in a sector of unplanned settlements and informal housing.
Image Courtesy © Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Architects: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
- Project: THE EL PINAL KINDERGARTEN
- Location: Medellín, Colombia
- Photography: Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Software used: Autocad 2014, Sketch up and 3D-Max.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN: Jorge Arbeláez
- HYDROSANITARY DESIGN: Caudales y Presiones S.A.
- ELECTRICAL AND ILLUMINATION DESIGN: Lighten S.A.
- LANDSCAPING DESIGN: Andrés Ospina
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN CONSULTANT: Carlos Mario Rodríguez Osorio
- BIOCLIMATIC AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Ader Augusto González, PVG Arquitectos
- YEAR: 2012
- SURFACE AREA: 850 m2
- ARCHITECTURAL – DESIGN AND PROJECT – DEVELOPMENT GROUP: Juan David, Cerón Betancur, Luis Felipe Cardona, Juan Esteban Parra Henao, Pablo Rico Álvarez, Parmenio Bedoya Aguirre, Maritza Mejía, Sebastián Vallejo Palacio, Eugenio Lara Rodríguez, Martina Centeno, Carlos Ossa, Steven Yepes, Camilo Arenas, Maida González, Alejandro Vanegas, Yuri Rosero, David Hernández, Santiago Bedoya Macías, Felipe Valencia Herrera
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: Architekten Wannenmacher + Möller GmbH
This detached house with a self-contained flat is being built on a plot of approximately 2,000 square metres in a prime residential area of Weinheim (Bergstrasse) for a family of five. The design is for a building that is split into individual volumes and that has two storeys facing Weinbergstrasse in the northeast and three storeys facing the garden in the southwest due to the extreme slope of the plot. A detached house, built in 1999, which still exists on the plot, is to be retained and included in the design.
Image Courtesy © Jose Campos
- Architects: Architekten Wannenmacher + Möller GmbH (Andreas Wannenmacher)
- Project: House P+G
- Location: Weinheim, Germany
- Photography: Jose Campos
- Software used: Archicad and 3D studio max.
- Construction: 2012
- Area (sqm): 2170
- Constructed Area (sqm): 425
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Article source: karel verstraeten
After purchasing a discarded construction trailer for just €15, owners Kris and Griet together with Ghent-based architect practice Karel Verstraeten have transformed it into an inhabitable space.
Wanting to create a small dwelling that could be used for either studying and resting or partying, the unit was pulled to the back of the garden by a local farmer. Its existing structure was completely stripped back and replaced with new materials.
Image Courtesy © karel verstraeten
- Architects: karel verstraeten
- Project: Discarded construction trailer transformed into small dwelling
- Location: Beerse, Belgium
- Photography: karel verstraeten
- Software Used: Autocad 2013
- Year: 2013-2014
- All construction was done by the client: Kris & Griet, Miel & Rein (the sons) and Hugo (Kris’ father)
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Devyni architektai
Worship of rectangle! But levels in volumes are linked by arched elements (stairs). intrigating?
The very process of designing of this house was like a materialization of every architect’s dream – awesome land plot in pinewood park in the very best suburb of Vilnius, young ambitious and very demanding owners seeking for the best quality and extraordinary high-end solid house for their family to live in.
Image Courtesy © Arunas Skrolis
- Architects: Devyni architektai
- Project: Rectangle parallelepiped House
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
- Photography: Arunas Skrolis
- Software used: Revit & Autocad.
- Architect In Charge: Jurgita Liubartaite, Arunas Skrolis
- Area: 360 sqm
- Year: 2013
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
Spire Edge office tower stands as an iconic landmark on a new IT park located in Manesar, Gurgaon, India.
The tower is a 21 storey building accommodating offices, auditorium, gallery and other facilities.
The key design feature of the iconic tower is a continuous green ecoinfrastructure at the north façade, ascending up the tower through green ramps from the basement, infusing it with an ecological and social terraces and garden and back down on the rear facade by a series of ramps around a meeting room.
Image Courtesy © T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
- Architects: T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
- Project: Spire Edge
- Location: Manesar, India
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: A.N Buildwell PVT. LTD
- Nos. of storeys: 20 storeys + Roof Garden
- Site Areas: 4,765 sq.m
- Proposed Development: Commercial and Offices
- Total GFA: 22,559 sq.m
- Plot Ratio: 1:4.7
- Principal-in-Charge: Ken Yeang
- Design Manager: Haytham Danoon
- Project Architect: Glen Pang
- Design Architect: Khairi Ismail
- Assistant Designer: Jermaine Chau, Shafiqa Shamshul
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Article source: Within Licensed Interior Design Inc.
Scope of Work
Open up back area of the home so the lake views could be seen from end to end, creating a larger kitchen with ample storage space and a complete with a custom wine bar for entertaining. Rework layout of master ensuite to include a custom steamshower , freestanding tub and double vanity. A complete finish update to both floors to create a cohesive look.
Image Courtesy © Within Licensed Interior Design Inc.
- Interior Designers: Within Licensed Interior Design Inc. (Lindsay Zelensky, Cory Riley)
- Project: Finer Things
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Project: Main and Upper Floor Renovation
- Construction Completion: March 2013
- Construction Cost: $375,000
- Project Size: 2475 sq. ft.