Archive for the ‘Revit’ Category
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
BOSTON, MASS. Berklee College of Music opened the doors to its 160 Massachusetts Avenue,residence tower in January 2014. The building now features one of the largest, most progressive, and versatile professional audio teaching/production/performance complexes in the U.S. Over three years and $100 million have been invested in the development and construction of this cusp point educational compound. Situated over four dedicated floors in a striking, sixteen-story, 155,000 sq. ft. William Rawn Associates building, the ten-studio Walters-Storyk Design Group – designed, audio education component represents a pinnacle of contemporary studio planning.
Image Courtesy © Cheryl Fleming
- Designed By: Walters-Storyk Design Group
- Project: Berklee College of Music Opens Major WSDG-Designed Audio Teaching Complex
- Location: Massachusetts, USA
- Photography: Cheryl Fleming
- Software used: REVIT, CATT Acoustics, INSUL (acoustics software)
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Article source: schmidt hammer lassen architects
schmidt hammer lassen architects has won the competition to design the 35,000 square metre extension to the Helsingborg Hospital in the southern part of Sweden. The competition was won in cooperation with Aarhus Arkitekterne, NNE Pharmaplan and landscape architects Kragh & Berglund. The project comprises a new ward for adult psychiatry, an out-patient clinic and medical laboratories. Key to the whole design has been flexibility, a clear layout, variety, human scale, green courtyards and optimal conditions for daylight.
Image Courtesy © schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Architects: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Project: Helsingborg Hospital
- Location: Sweden
- Software used: REVIT and DRofus, and also InDesign and Photoshop
- Sub-consultants: Aarhus Arkitekterne, NNE Pharmaplan
- Client: Region Skåne, Regionservice (Sweden)
- Area: App. 35,000 m2
- Competition: 2013, 1st Prize in restricted competition
- Landscape architect: Kragh & Berglund Stockholm
Friday, September 12th, 2014
Article source: Giancarlo Mazzanti
This school, designed for Pies Descalzos Foundation is located on the top of Loma delPeye Mountain within the city of Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. More than an educational building, the project seeks to provoke the consolidation of the neighborhood and improve the life of residents by generating alternatives for personal and community development as well as an environmental transformation of the area. The project has already become an architectural and urban landmark and an object of pride for the community.
Image Courtesy © Giancarlo Mazzanti
- Architects: Giancarlo Mazzanti
- Project: Pies Descalzos School
- Location: Cartagena, Colombia
- Software used: Sketchup, autocad, rhino, revit
- PROJECT MANAGER: JUAN ANDRES LEMUS
- BASIC TECHNICAL CONSULTANTS: STUDY OF GEOTECHNICAL SOIL and AICO LTDA, Alvaro Covo And Gilliam Barboza
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: NICOLAS PARRA
- NICOLAS PARRA: MU MU AND ASSOCIATES AND ASSOCIATES
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: CIA ADOLFO ICS FOX
Monday, September 8th, 2014
Article source: Bedaux de Brouwer Architects
Thomas Bedaux of Bedaux de Brouwer Architecten designed this single family residence for his family on the edge of a residential area in Tilburg, the Netherlands. Recent changes in the zoning plan yielded a previously non existing lot that is situated at the intersection of three distinctly different worlds. These worlds, an existing block of row houses from the 1950’s, farm land with roaming sheep and an active cemetery, provided unique opportunities that informed the design.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: Bedaux de Brouwer Architects
- Project: Bedaux-Nagengast Residence
- Location: Tilburg, Netherlands
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- Software used: Hand drawings, Autodesk Autocad Architecture, Autodesk Revit, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop
- Client: Thomas Bedaux + Marthe Nagengast
- Project Team: Rob Vermeulen, Kees Paulussen, Rien Lagerwerf
- Construction: J.A. Van Gisbergen
- Building Physics: H4D Engineers
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: Colorado Building Workshop
Having received a typical Navajo “home build kit”, the clients, Harold and Helena Skow, had already completed a CMU foundation to accept a traditional rectangular gable-trussed home. Unable to complete the building the Skows turned to students from University of Colorado Denver and DesignBuidlBLUFF. The students decided to utilize the existing foundation and virtually all of the build kit materials stock piled on site in their design.
Image Courtesy © Jesse Kuroiwa
- Architects: DesignBuildBLUFF + University of Colorado Denver Colorado Building Workshop
- Project: Skow Residence
- Location: Navajo Nation, Utah, USA
- Photography: Jesse Kuroiwa
- Software used: Revit and AutoCAD
- Faculty Team: Rick Sommerfeld, Director Colorado Building Workshop, Hank Louis, Director DesignBuildBLUFF, Andrew Foster, Craig Harren
- Student Team: Ellen Adams, Brett Blackmon, Lura Blumfield, Jay Burkhalter, Glen Camuso, Jacob Ebling, William Koning, William Murray, Rebecca Sockwell, JD Signom
- Structural Engineer: Christopher O’Hara Studio NYL
- Project Area: 882 sq. ft.
- Project Year: 2011-2013
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Article source: CEBRA
CEBRA has completed a public sports facility in the Danish town of Løgstør based on the office’s“Meccano concept” for unheated, low-cost and lightweight sports halls. The concept uses construction principles and elements otherwise known from industrial buildings and warehouses – that is standardised off-the-shelf components. The idea is that these simple elements can be refined and combined in new and surprising ways – just like the Meccano model construction system – in order to create architecturally appealing, accessibleand easily adaptable sports facilities, which are cheap to build and maintain. The concept has been developed in collaboration with LokaleogAnlægsfonden (the Danish Foundation for Culture and Sports Facilities).
Image Courtesy © CEBRA
- Architects: CEBRA
- Project: Løgstør sports hall
- Location: Løgstør, Denmark
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Project size: 1.400 m² new building
- Year: 2012 – 2014
- Status: Completed
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Article source: Taylor Kurtz Archtitecture + Design Inc.
The design strategies developed for the site build on the significant natural attributes of the immediate context while addressing several significant problems and missed opportunities that existed within the park. The following design initiatives were developed to address these issues:
Image Courtesy © Ema Peter Photography
- Architects: Taylor Kurtz Archtitecture + Design Inc.
- Project: South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre
- Location: Surrey, BC Canada
- Photography: Ema Peter Photography
- Software used: Revit
- Structural Engineer: WHM
- Landscape: PFS Studio
Image Courtesy © Ema Peter Photography
- Quantity Surveyor: James Bush and Associates
- Building Envelope: Halsall
- Land Surveyor: Butler Sundvick
- Floor Area: 2,124 sm (22,800sf)
- Construction Value: $7.0M
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Article source: JRKVC
The site is located over an emerging development in Záhorská Bystrica, a small town near the capital. The spacious plot recalls a crater that is open into beautiful vistas on one side and protected by steep slopes on the rest. Mostly this rare combination of space and intimacy led us to the idea of an extroverted, open house.
Image Courtesy © JRKVC
- Architects: JRKVC (Peter Jurkovič, Števo Polakovič, Lukáš Kordík)
- Project: JJ—Family House
- Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Photography: JRKVC
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Revit.
- Completion: 2012
- Area: 330 m2
- Lanscape: Sarahs
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Article source: Nir Sivan Architects Associates
When I got the opportunity to work in Rio de Janeiro the “the marvelous city”, I was thrilled, I knew that whatever I design it has to be and behave as a part of this wonderful place.
I started working on the master plan in my office in Rome, but it’s when I came to Rio that the actual shape was defined. The inspiration came while seating on one of the many famous beaches with a local cold drink. I remember drawing in my sketch book simple 5, 6 lines, but they captured it all.
Image Courtesy © Nir Sivan Architects Associates
- Architects: Nir Sivan Architects Associates
- Project: Carioca Wave
- Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Software used: Automotive industry tools, advanced parametric instruments & Revit
- Role: architectural design, project management, coordination of Design–build.
- Structural Engineering: Knippers Helbig
- Construction: seele do Brasil
- Client: CasaShopping Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Area: Adjacent context: 1,500 square metres, Canopy: 1,130 square metres.
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: William McDonough + Partners
Bosch Siemens Hausgeräte (B/S/H/) is home to five of the top brands in household appliances – Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau, Neff and Constructa – in the first building completed at Park 20|20.
Designed as a flexible, innovative workplace, B/S/H/ includes a full-height atria with a Living Green Wall and Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) roof that maximizes energy and daylighting to showrooms that can be converted to offices as needed.
Image Courtesy © William McDonough + Partners
- Architects: William McDonough + Partners, (http://www.amazon.com/William-McDonough/e/B001KIKWHM)
- Project: B/S/H/ Inspiration House, Park 20|20
- Location: Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autodesk – Revit® building design software for Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Client: Delta Development Group
- Owner: Bosch Siemens HOME
- Program: Offices, product showrooms and Instructional spaces, restaurant, parking podium
- Area: 12,528 gross square meters
- Status: Completed 2011
- Construction: Cost $14.2 Euro
- Team: William McDonough + Partners, Masterplan Architect and Design Architect; KOW, Architect of Record; D/Dock Amsterdam, Interior Designer; Nelson Byrd Woltz, Landscape Architect; Techniplan Adviseurs BV, Civil and MEP Engineers; DGMR, Fire Engineer/BREEAM Consultant; Van Der Vorm Engineering, Structural Engineer; IBB Kondor, Contractor.