Archive for the ‘Revit’ Category
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Article source: BUSarchitektur
OPEN SPACE AT THE CAMPUS WU
The Campus is a sequence of intertwining open spaces. Buildings on the different zones qualify these spaces from an architectural point of view. The Master Plan model determined the design of these open areas; a fabric of interior and exterior spaces, defined by the location of the buildings’ entrances in relation to the plazas, brings life to the intended environment.
Image Courtesy © BOAnet.at
- Architects: BUSarchitektur
- Project: Campus WU – Master Plan and Landscaping
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: BOAnet.at
- CLIENT: Projektentwicklungsgesellschaft Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien Neu GmbH
- PROJECT BY: BUSarchitektur & BOA office for the advanced randomness in cooperation with Landschaftsarchitektur
- SERVICES: Comprehensive Master Plan in collaboration with international experts, Executive Project of the Landscape Architecture
- INITIATION (beginning) OF THE PROJECT: 2008
- PROJECT COMPLETION: 2013
- TYPE OF WORK: New construction
- PARK AREA: 67.000m²
- AWARDS: 1st Prize in the International Competition for the Master Plan and Executive Project for Campus WU
- Book about the Campus WU: www.holiwu.at
- Software Used: Revit Architecture, Modulcad, 3ds Max, Rhino
Friday, November 29th, 2013
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
In a world where dreams come easy, but are tough to fulfill, producer/songwriter Jon Leidersdorff has caught a golden ring. Committed to building a cohesive infrastructure for the music scene in his hometown, Leidersdorff discovered an abandoned warehouse in downtown Asbury Park, and envisioned it as a multi-purpose center for a collective of music business locals. Investing his own savings and securing a Small Business Association (SBA) loan from the local Asbury Park Community Bank, Leidersdorff called the Walters-Storyk Design Group to create his Lakehouse Recording Studios as the lynchpin for the complex.
Lakehouse Studios South Control, Image Courtesy © Holtz Photography
- Project: LAKEHOUSE RECORDING STUDIOS
- Location: ASBURY PARK, NJ, U.S.A
- Photography: Holtz Photography
- Software used: Revit, AutoCAD, Insul, B&K 2250 sound level meter
Thursday, November 21st, 2013
Article source: sanzpont [arquitectura]
AeroShops: Commercial Area inside the Airport.
The recognized Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico with a total of 12 airports in Mexico selected the architecture and design firm sanzpont [arquitectura] to carry out the project for the Commercial Area of its new International Terminal at San Jose del Cabo with a total of 7,500 m2.
Image Courtesy © Arq. Victor Sanz Pont
- Architects: sanzpont [arquitectura]
- Project: Commercial Area
- Location: San Jose del Cabo Airport, Mexico
- Photography: Arq. Victor Sanz Pont
- Status: Built.
- Year: 2013.
- Architectural & Design Project: sanzpont [arquitectura], Arq. Victor Sanz Pont, Arq. Sergio Sanz Pont, Arq. Tania Cota, Jose Miguel Cano, Arq. Erika Martinez, Arq. Claudia Kauil Xix, Eder Jafet Hernández, Elizabeth Valencia, Melissa Chávez, DI. Oscar Sanz Pont, Gerard Delgado
- Graphic Design & Branding: LDG. Miguel Angel Mendez + sanzpont [arquitectura]
- MEP Engineering: Edificaciones Arbibe, Ing. Bierge
- Software used: Revit, 3dsmax.
- Commercial Premises Construction & VIP Lounge: Gran Visión, Bernardo Cristerna, Arq. Osvaldo Castrejon
- AeroMarket Construction: JAY Construcciones, Jesús Alatorre Yeomans
- Glass and Aluminium Panels in Commercial Premises & VIP Lounge: Vidriera Calvalum, Martin Armenta
- Glass and Aluminium Panels in Kioskos: Crisal ARTEKPANEL, Javier A. Garcia Martinez
- Carpentry: Diseño de Maderas y Mas, Ing. Edgar Angulo
- Sheet Rock: YETCA, Ing. Mario Martinez
Sunday, November 10th, 2013
Article source: Ark-Kassam Architects
ARK architects proposal project design “Engineers’ Syndicate” for the new architect’s organisation building in Lattakia/Syria.
The design concept is based on different intersections between lines which have been stimulated from the movement of a human carrying a rock as an indication of the labour and toil being a builder, an architect.
Image Courtesy © Ark-Kassam Architects
- Architects: Ark-Kassam Architects
- Project: 136-Engineer Syndicate Office Building
- Location: Latakia, Syria
- Architect: Abdalrahim Kassam
- Client: Engineer Syndicate
- Size: 10000 m2
- Year: 2013-2016
- Software used: Revit, Max.
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: RBB Architects Inc
Consolidated Contracting Services, Inc., a leading Southern California commercial builder, has construction under way for a new 24,000-square-foot QueensCare Health Centers (QHC) facility in East Los Angeles, located at 4816 E. 3rd Street, Los Angeles, Calif. 90022.
Image Courtesy © RBB Architects Inc
- Architects: RBB Architects Inc
- Project: QueensCare Health Centers
- Location: East Los Angeles, U.SA
- Civil engineer: KPFF Consulting Engineers
- Electrical engineer: N A Cohen Group, Encino
- Environmental engineer: Applied Earth Sciences, Los Angeles, is the
- Landscape Architects: Carter Romanek
- Software used: Autodesk Revit
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: Architectus
The Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law have opened to much acclaim. The building is a radical departure from traditional court design. It exhibits a high degree of transparency and lightness appropriate to the expression of contemporary justice and to its sub-tropical locale.
Image Courtesy © Architectus
- Architects: Architectus
- Project: Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Client: Department of Public Works, Queensland Government
- Approx. Value: $570m
- Floor Area: 64 000m2
- Completion: 2012
- Software used: REVIT, Autocad, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
- 2013 AIA State Award
- Public Buildings Category
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
KALAMAZOO, Mich. – One of the country’s older nature-based day camps has undergone a significant facilities makeover to enhance its mission to provide safe experiences that allow children to grow into active and respectful community members through exploration of the natural world.
Image Courtesy © Curt Clayton
- Project: The Kalamazoo Nature Center Camp
- Location: Michigan
- Photography: Curt Clayton
- Software Used: Revit
The project team
- Co-master planner, design architect: Lord, Aeck & Sargent, Inc. (Ann Arbor, Mich. office)
- Co-master planner, landscape architect: The Johnson Hill Land Ethics Studio (Ann Arbor)
- Architect of record, consulting engineer (structural, civil and MEP/FP): Byce & Associates (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
- Construction manager: Miller-Davis Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
Article source: Hufft Projects
Representing the second take on the originally proposed “Bent House”, the “Bent and Sliced House” incorporates the original concept of bending the home to accommodate the curving slope of the site. Furthermore, the idea of slicing and unfolding the home in a manner similar to Japanese Origami is introduced to create clerestories allowing opportunities for daylighting and natural ventilation.
Image Courtesy © Mike Sinclair
- Architects: Hufft Projects
- Project: Bent and Sliced House
- Location: Springfield, Missouri
- Photography: Mike Sinclair
- Completion Date: December 2008
- Size: 6,245 sf
- Scope: Private Residence – New Construction, Architecture, Interior Design, Sustainable Consultation
- Software used: Revit and Sketchup
Friday, October 18th, 2013
Article source: Q4 Architects
CORE recently won first prize in the AIA Designing Recovery design competition for the Joplin, Missouri site.
Designed by Q4 Architects, CORE in Joplin, MO is designed to address the local vernacular by combining two single-cell homes: a centrally located \”Safe House\” acts as the hearth and divides a \”Perimeter House\”. The Safe House contains all of the functions of ‘home’ that are necessary for a family to recover quickly from disaster and live for an extended period of time until rebuilding is possible.
Image Courtesy © Q4 Architects
- Architects: Q4 Architects
- Project: CORE
- Location: Joplin, Missouri
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, and the Adobe Creative Suite
Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
Article source: Future Architecture Thinking
The Casa das Artes (House of the Arts) in Miranda do Corvo expresses the meetingbetween two identities, rural and urban, in a landscape marked by the Lousã Mountains.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado
- Architects: Future Architecture Thinking
- Project: Casa das Artes
- Location: Miranda do Corvo, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado
- Client: Municipalityof Miranda do Corvo
- Area: 2.360 sqm
- Project Team: Architect Miguel Correia, Architect Cláudia Campos, Architect SérgioCatita, ArchitectPatríciade Carvalho, Architect Miguel Cabral, Architect Margarida Magro, Architect Sara Gonçalves, Architect Telmo Maia, Architect Gabriel Santos, ArchitectHilárioAbril, Engineer José Pico, Landscape Architect Sara Távora
- Builder: TECNORÉM – Engenharia e Construções, S.A.
- Year: 2010 /2013
- Software used: REVIT, Autocad and 3DS MAX