Archive for the ‘CYPE’ Category
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Article source: abau
The square is located at the confluence of several streets with different slopes, which generates a surface with different levels. Originally organized by stairs, pavement is badly deteriorated and the vegetation has emerged spontaneously with the participation of some neighbors. The wooded’s surface roots have generated many problems of flatness on the pavement. The project tries to respond to the needs of accessibility caused by the considerable heights differences.
Plaza de "El Almendro"
- Architect: abau
- Name of Project: Plaza de “El Almendro”
- Location: Camas, Spain
- Software used: AutoCAD and CYPE Ingenieros
Sunday, February 5th, 2012
Article source: Virai Arquitectos
In the estate of La Grajera, west of the city of Logroño and only a few yards from the Camino de Santiago, we find the Institutional Winery of La Grajera.
The Project seeks an equilibrium between the need to announce the presence of the winery and the desire to merge with the landscape: the volumes follow the deformations of the land and are interrupted, moving towards the forest, remaining close to its border and thus respecting the existing vegetation.
Image Courtesy José Manuel Cutillas
- Architects: Virai Arquitectos (Marta Parra+Juan Manuel Herranz)
- Project: La Grajera
- Location: Logroño,La Rioja, Spain
- First prize competition: May 2000
- Working project: 2004-2007
- Working period: September 2009- June 2011
- CLIENT: Consejería de Agricultura, Ganadería y Desarrollo Rural. Gobierno de la Rioja.
- LOCATION: estate of La Grajera , Logroño, La Rioja, Spain
- AREA: 6.900 m2
- COST: 11.292.757,45 euros
- Software used: Bricscad and Cype
Sunday, January 29th, 2012
Article source: Momo estudio SCP
It is all about housing full of watery sensations, undulating geometries and ethereal materials to live close to the sea and into it, every single hour, every day.
The facade emerges as the demand of a new architecture, by the reflection of its alive and changing surroundings, having every intention of running from false architectural stereotypes, published as authentic for another unrelated to the popular architecture history. With it, a vitreous facade is materialized, which will attract the sea and horizon, giving it back, interpreting, translating and domesticating to those pedestrians; observers beyond horizons.
- Architects: Momo estudio SCP
- Project: Devious Building
- Location: Campello, Spain
- Software used: Autocad abd CYPE
Sunday, January 15th, 2012
Article source: Tomas Garcia Piriz (CUAC.arquitectura) + Jose Luis Muñoz Muñoz
“Architecture and landscape joined together in the shade of a great pre-existing tree”.
The building is located on the outskirts of Loja town in marked agricultural character. This project relates to a beautiful plot of cultivated land served by an irrigation ditch and a leafy mass. This building is thought to be very suitable for a new program based on consciousness, protection and publicity of the agricultural beliefs in Loja.
Image Courtesy Javier Callejas Sevilla
- Architects: Tomas Garcia Piriz (CUAC.arquitectura) + Jose Luis Muñoz Muñoz
- Project: Biodiversity Center
- Location: Loja, Granada, Spain
- Date of ending: January 2011
- Built Surface: 430,40 m2
- Cost: 425.297,73 € = 587.889,05 $
- Constructor: CONSTRUCCIONES MELLADO ROMERO S.L.
- Promotor: AYUNTAMIENTO DE LOJA
- Photographs: JAVIER CALLEJAS SEVILLA
- Tomás García Píriz (1978). Architect. Asociate Professor at Granada School of Architecture.
- Jose Luís Múñoz Múñoz (1978). Architect.
- Software used: AUTOCAD for Drawings; 3D STUDIO Max for 3d Models; PRESTO for Economical studies; CYPECAD for Structure Designing
Sunday, September 4th, 2011
Article source: Carles Sala from SALA FERUSIC Architects, Barcelona
The Mas Rodó winery consists of a refurbishment and transformation of an agricultural warehouse built in the seventies on top of an old Catalan cottage of the XVIII century, where the structure remained and the intervention focused on defining an image and conditioning the space for a contemporary wine production.
Over an original masonry skirting, the new wooden and steel façade redefines the volume of the building and takes comfort among nature and history. A system of double skin temperates the interior of the wine-producing room to optimize the control in must’s fermentation, as well as it minimizes the energy consumption; while the thickness of the old stone wall provides great humidity and temperature conditions for wine-aging. Two volumes brake the opacity of the building and relate the exterior and the interior, that is, the vineyard and the wine: the window of the tasting room in the south, over the fields, and the porche in the west, for the entrance for grape harvest. Covered in corten steel, both inject the interior with brightness and landscape through a spring-like Pantone 375C colour.
- Architect: Carles Sala from SALA FERUSIC Architects, Barcelona
- Name of Project: Spring in Pantone 375C, Mas Rodó winery
- Location: Mediona,Penedès, Barcelona, Spain
- Collaboration: Josep Maria Estivill, Construction Management, Carops, Enology, Kraal, Lightning
- Client: Mas Rodó Vitivinícola / Impacto y Acción SA
- Contractor: Josep Ferran
- Software used: AutoCAD and ArchiCAD
Friday, April 15th, 2011
The building was developed as a result of the proposal submitted to a public competition called in 2004 by the City of Toro.
Municipal Indoor Swimming Pool - Exterior
- Project: Municipal indoor swimming pool in Toro, Zamora (Spain)
- Client : Toro City Council.
- Situation: Calle Bustamante s/n, 49800, Toro (Zamora). Spain.
- Competition, September 2004.
- Project, December 2005.
- Construction, October 2006 – December 2010.
- Architects & Construction managers: VIER ARQUITECTOS SLP (Antonio Raya, Cristóbal Crespo, Santiago Sánchez, Enrique Antelo).
- Collaborators: Pablo Vilares Calvete, Cristina De Vera Juárez y Ruth Varela Rodríguez, architects. José María Sastre Martín, rigger.
- Contractor: Valsan Construcciones y Contratas S.L. (since march 2009 – partial concrete structure). Ferrovial Agromán S.A. (from september 2009).
- Area: 2.441,00 m2.
- Photographer: Héctor Fernández Santos-Díez. http://santos-diez.com/
- Web: www.vier.es
- Address: C/ Santiago de la Iglesia, 5, bajo. 15004. A Coruña. Spain
- Telephone: (+34) 981 145 366
- Software used: AutoCAD, CYPE
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011
The new Health Centre is located in A Parda, a recent urban sprawl area on the outskirts of the city of Pontevedra, where the recent expansion of the urban structure is still coexisting with rural areas. The building emerges in a large lot surrounded by different kind of buildings like the new Music School, apartment blocks and some other facilities still to be defined.
Health Centre in a Parda Vier Aechitects
- Architects: Vier Arquitectos SLP
- Project: A Parda Health Centre
- Address: C/ Santiago de la Iglesia, 5, bajo. 15004. A Coruña. Spain
- Client: Xunta de Galicia (Regional Government)
- Software used: AutoCAD and CYPE