Archive for the ‘Google’ Category
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Article source: Austin Maynard Architects
In a nutshell
She’s a senior executive and now a new mum. For her and her newborn baby she wanted a light-filled home that could hide the mess. We gave her a floor that was a giant toy-box.
Mills is an extension to a one level weatherboard terrace in Melbourne. The original facade and front 2 rooms of the terrace remain. One of those rooms has been altered to incorporate a study and a bathroom. A large lightwell separates the original structure from the new extension. The extension has two bedrooms and a bathroom above an open kitchen, living, dining space.
Mills is a complex home, full of ideas, however there are 2 core elements.
- The floor is a giant toy box.
- The rear facade filters and softens the strong sunlight that had previously dominated the backyard.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts Studio
- Architects: Austin Maynard Architects
- Project: MILLS, THE TOY MANAGEMENT HOUSE
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts Studio
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Photoshop, Indesign
- Builder: Grand Plan Properties
- Engineer: Hive Engineering
- Site Area: 202m2
- Floor area: 154m2
- Completion date: September 2015
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: Vientos Arquitectura
The Capital City of Chile, Santiago is known for being one of the most contaminated of Latin America. This Medical Center is located in the South-East side of the city; which is in the foothills of the Andes Mountain Range.
Image Courtesy © Martin Garcia de la Huerta
- Architects: Vientos Arquitectura (Winds Architecture, Philippe Game, Camilo Corces)
- Project: Biological Medical Center
- Location: Palena 3374, Lo Cañas, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Martin Garcia de la Huerta
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Colaborators: Nomade Estudio
- Area: 233 m2
- Project Date: August 2013
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: VYOM
The Indian Oil campus in Panipat is significant in having achieved a LEED Gold certification. This building is one of its kinds with its vision on the concept of sustainability. The essential outcomes include site sustainability, indoor environment quality, effective waste management, energy and water efficiency and regional priority besides the innovative design approach with green power generation.
Image Courtesy © VYOM
- Architect: VYOM
- Project: Indian Oil Administration and Training Building, Panipat Naptha Cracker Project
- Location: Panipat, Haryana, India
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Built up Area: 19,700 sq.m.
- Site Area: 1,05,250 sq.m.
- Project Cost: INR 168 crores
- Completion Year: 2011
- Scope: Architecture & Project Management Consultancy
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016
Article source: Eastlake Studio
Looking to connect its future to the past, Vail Systems, a communications software developer, found a perfect home in the former Chicago Daily News pressroom. The once industrial space has been transformed into a collaborative environment that inspires innovation. Unique structural elements organize functional requirements. Staff is located in large reconfigurable areas, while meeting spaces are organized under mezzanines and catwalks.
Image Courtesy © Steve Hall
- Architects: Eastlake Studio
- Project: Vail Systems
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
- Photography: Steve Hall
- Area: 11,000 square feet
- Software used: PowerCadd, Sketchup, Maxwell
Thursday, January 28th, 2016
Article source: DPAI Architecture Inc.
Originally built in 1939, the Hambly House is one of only a handful of Art Moderne houses to be found in Ontario. The original building, built for Jack Hambly, is a striking example of streamlined late Art Deco in Hamilton; the flat-roofed building sports an archetypal curved corner with speed-striped stucco walls, nautical-inspired detailing including a porthole window, and a prominent front door surround.
Image Courtesy © Revelateur Studio
- Architects: DPAI Architecture Inc with Toms + McNally Design
- Project: The Hambly House
- Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Photography: Revelateur Studio
- Consulting Team:
- Structural Engineer: VRM Engineering
- Construction Management: Toms + McNally Architects with DPAI Architecture
- Framing: James VanAmerongen
- Landscaping: Ian McGregor Pools and Landscaping
- Project Type: Renovation and Addition
- Client: Private
- Area of renovation: 1,200 sf
- Area of addition: 1,250 sf
- Status: Completed summer 2015
- Software used: Autocad and ScetchUp (more…)
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Article source: Johan Sundberg arkitektur
The building is situated a stone’s throw from the sea in southern Höllviken in the south of Sweden. The area is rich with tall pine trees, and this plot is no exception. The project comprises three buildings: a residence for the client, a garage, and a small cottage for an aging relative.
Image Courtesy © Markus Linderoth
- Architects: Johan Sundberg arkitektur
- Project: Villa Ljung
- Location: Ljungvägen, Höllviken, Sweden
- Photography: Markus Linderoth
- Chief architect: Johan Sundberg
- Structural engineer: Laine Montelin, Tyréns
- Construction: Mattias Granwald, Robobygg
- Landscape architect: Anders Folkesson
- Building year: 2013
- Software used: Archicad, Sketchup
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Article source: Nook architects
This century-old dwelling is located just around the corner from Els Jardinets de Gràcia, in a building with a double façade tipology, one facing a quiet street, the other oriented towards a sunny interior block courtyard.
Image Courtesy © nieve | Audiovisual producers
- Architects: Nook architects
- Project: CASA JES
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: nieve | Audiovisual producers
- Year: 2013
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
Sunday, January 24th, 2016
Article source: Onurcan Çakır
Barbaros House is located in Barbaros Village of Urla, İzmir. On the upper east side of the building site, the techno park area of Izmir Institute of Technology is located. While designing the house, the main idea was to achieve a silent living space in a natural environment. Local stone and reinforced concrete were used for the walls and structural system of this project. Both materials have high surface densities and thus provide good acoustic insulation.
Image Courtesy © Onurcan Çakır
- Architects: Onurcan Çakır
- Project: Barbaros House
- Location: Barbaros Village, Urla, İzmir, Turkey
- Site area: 375 sqm
- Building area: 83.3 sqm
- Project year: 2015
- Software used: SketchUp
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
Article source: B.U.S Architecture
As rapid industrialization and urbanization made people flock in the cities, housing spaces have developed by focusing on quantity rather than quality. In this background, most citizens are used to saying that “My dream is to go down to the quiet countryside and live there by building a house if I earn money.”
Image Courtesy © Kyungroh
- Architects: B.U.S Architecture
- Project: Osolzip
- Location: Gangsang-myeon, Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Photography: Kyungroh
- Design: Byungyup Lee, Jihyun Park, Hyemi Park, Seonghak Cho
- Building Scope: 2F
- Building Area: 82.25 sqm
- Movie produced: Undermood film
- Total Floor Area: 132.44 sqm.
- Construction: 2015.03. ~ 2015. 08. by HAUSFACTORY
- Software used: Sketchup
Saturday, January 16th, 2016
Article source: Arhitektura Jure Kotnik
Center of Excellence in Finance (CEF) is an educational institution that shares knowledge and experience in banking and finance through workshops, seminars, tailored trainings, certification programs, and conferences. Their highly focused programs provide guidance for current and future tasks in reforming public finance and strengthening central banking.
Image Courtesy © Janez Marolt
- Architects: Arhitektura Jure Kotnik
- Project: Center of Excellence
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Janez Marolt
- Design coordination: Urška Zrinski, Jana Repanšek
- Project year: 2015
- Completion year: 2015
- Cost: 7.000 €
- Software used: Sketchup and AutoCad