Archive for the ‘SketchUp’ Category
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Article source: One World Design Archtects
National Grid’s HQ, National Grid House, on the outskirts of Warwick, within view of the Historic Castle, houses some 2800 staff. It is operational 24 hours a day, every day of the year and is a site which controls and is critical to the power distribution infrastructure in the UK. National Grids commitment to sustainability in all their undertakings has meant that the brief for a new car park on this site would always lead to something extraordinary – with the car park now finished it has literally come alive.
Image Courtesy © One World Design Archtects
- Architects: One World Design Archtects
- Project: National Grid Car Park
- Location: Warwick, UK
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and 3d studio
- Client: National Grid
- Contractor: Goldbek
- Lead Consultant: Cundall
- Structurl Engineer: Cundall
- M&E Engineer: Cundall
- Planning Consultant: Deliotte
- Living Wall: Ans
Tuesday, April 26th, 2016
Article source: MIEL arquitectos
This project is the result of some unconsciousness mixed with a lot of admiration. The unconsciousness came from the side of the clients, Neus and Kenji of Can Kenji team, commissioning his new Japanese restaurant “izakaya” to a team that had never designed a restaurant and not even been in Japan. The admiration is ours to a culture as unknown as admired.
Image Courtesy © ASIER RUA
- Architects: MIEL arquitectos
- Project: RESTAURANT AIUEnO
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: ASIER RUA
- Software used: Sketchup
- Constructor: GRUPBCN SL
- Size: 75 m2
- Time: 2014-2015
Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
Article source: baumschlager eberle
The Maison du Savoir is both an icon of the future and a reminder of the past. Conceived and constructed by baumschlager eberle in cooperation with Christian Bauer & Associés Architectes as the focal point of the new University of Luxembourg campus, the building is a striking and highly visible landmark. What was once the site of a steel plant in the Belval district of Esch-sur Alzette is now the centrepiece of the new Cité des Sciences.
Image Courtesy © baumschlager eberle
- Architects: baumschlager eberle
- Project: La Maison du Savoir
- Location: Belval, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- Software used: Autocad, Autodesk, sketchup
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
Article source: TORAFU ARCHITECTS
We performed the interior design for a store by Aesop, an Australian skin care brand, located in NEWoMan Shinjuku. With its 4.9m width and 9.2m depth square plane, the project area offers a space surrounded by passageways with two pillars at either end of the space.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: TORAFU ARCHITECTS
- Project: Aesop
- Location: NEWoMan Shinjuku, Tokyo
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Production: &S
- Graphics: Aesop
- Lightings: DAIKO
- Total floor area: 45.68m2
- Design period: 2015.04-2015.12
- Construction period: 2015.12-2016.01
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Kerkythea
Tuesday, April 19th, 2016
Article source: STOPROCENT Architekci s.c.
Presented project is a refurbrishment of a villa built in the communist times and settled in a picturesque forrest nearby Warsaw. The house was rearranged and expanded several times. In late 90’s an indoor pool was added. The Client, a family 2+2, decided that it’s form and function doesn’t fit their current requirements and decided to refrubrish it one more time.
Image Courtesy © STOPROCENT Architekci
- Architects: STOPROCENT Architekci s.c.
- Project: House Z
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Software used: Autodesk Autocad, Sketchup Pro, 3D Max + Vray, Adobe
- Client: Private
- Design Team: Przemek Kaczkowski, Magda Morelewska, Krzysztof Melon Mika, Iwona Pawłowska
- Plot Area: 4265,0 M2
- House Area: 438,97 M2
- Project: 2016
Friday, April 15th, 2016
Article source: Allen+Maurer Architects Ltd.
Pebbles lives among the pebbles, as underground garage tunnelled into the steep hillside from the access street at the north-east. It was too steep to build a road to the top of the ridge from where one looks up and down and across the Okanagan Valley and -Lake, so this was the only option. Pebbles is also home to a wine room, kept at the temperature of the earth surrounding it, a foyer, and the geothermal heat pump.
west patio and rusty steel wall, photograph by Martin Knowles
- Architects: Allen+Maurer Architects Ltd.
- Project: Sloan Berkes House
- Location: 171 Village Heights Place, Naramata, BC, Canada
- Photography: Martin Knowles, Derek Lepper and Florian Maurer
- Architect of Record: Allen+Maurer Architects Ltd. (now Landform Architecture and Design Build Ltd.) (http://www.allenmaurer.com/home.htm)
- Design: Florian Maurer, MAIBC, MRAIC, LEED AP (Florian Maurer Architect (http://florianmaurer.ca/home.htm)
- Structural: Fast+Epp Structural Engineers, Vancouver (www.fastepp.com)
- Contractor: Artifex Design Build Ltd. (now Landform Architecture and Design Build Ltd.)
- Completion Date: 2013
- Software used: AutoCAD LT and Sketchup
Friday, April 15th, 2016
Article source: STOPROCENT Architekci
The clients, a middle-aged couple, approached us with one definite request – they wanted to build a house with no stairs, a house that would be equally practical and enjoyable when they get old. The site offered no obvious clues – a flat piece of land in a second line of buildings, in a suburban part of the city of Wrocław, among disappearing traces of a rural past, surrounded by a chaotic mix of houses of all styles, materials and conditions.
Image Courtesy © Przemysław Kaczkowski
- Architects: STOPROCENT Architekci
- Project: House with ZERO stairs
- Location: Wroclaw, Poland
- Photography: Przemysław Kaczkowski
- Cooperation: Ola Targońska
- Surface: 253M2
- Land area: 2,233M2
- Project: 2009
- Realization: 2011
- Software used: Autocad 2013 , Sketchup Pro, Adobe
Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
Article source: OfAA– Office For Appropriate Architecture
‘Suitable Farmhouse’ is a villa for a mid 40 year old couple who decided to return to their hometown to live with their 80 year-old mother. The villa is intended to provide two individual households under one roof because each party has been upholding their own lifestyles for a long time. Two main private spaces are designed as two independent studios and they are located in opposite corners of the house. The mother has an active lifestyle, where she frequently comes and goes, while the couple is more introverted and reclusive, preferring to stay home, cook, and watch movies. The mother enjoys spending the majority of her time tending to the garden, while the couple enjoys inviting guests with whom to cook and entertain. These two varying sets of influence help to shape the design of this farmhouse.
Image Courtesy © HyoChel Hwang
- Architects: OfAA – Office For Appropriate Architecture (Zooyoun Yoon)
- Project: Suitable Farmhouse
- Location: Chungyang-gun,Chungnam,South Korea
- Photography: HyoChel Hwang
- Software used: Vray, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe
- Structure: Base – concrete mat, wood structure
- Exterior Finish: Stucco Flex
- Interior Finish: Silk wall paper, wood flooring
- Landscape Consulation: Janghum Kim
- Contruction: EDENHEiM Contruction Inc.
- Site Area: 1,702 m2
- Building Area: 97.65 sqm (house) 33.96 sqm (garage)
- Gross Floor Area: 131.61 sqm
- Height: 3m (1F, attic)
- Project Year: 2015
Sunday, April 10th, 2016
Article source: arqflores
This house is located in the city of Riyadh, in the heart of Saudi Arabia.
The design of this villa is a contemporary blend of Mexican and Arabic cultures, where knowledge of local traditions, materials, textures, mexican colors, as well as the knowledge of some methods of the building area were important for their development and termination.
Image Courtesy © arqflores
- Architects: arqflores (arqflores is: Juan Carlos Flores)
- Project: Riyadh House
- Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Discipline: Architecture
- Program: Private Houses
- Interior design: Jorge Rubio
- Contractor: Professionals House, Jeddah, KSA
- Gross External Area: 1382m2
- Construction year: 2014
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Article source: MEIUS ARQUITETURA and Estudio Arquitetura
Located in the Colégio Batista neighborhood, in Belo Horizonte, MG, Residencial Zider is a project of critical response to demand from depleting the constructive potential in a lot of non usual proportions.
Image Courtesy © Bel Diniz
- Architects: MEIUS ARQUITETURA and Estudio Arquitetura
- Project: Zider Dwellings
- Location: Itauna Street, number 452, Forest neighborhood, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Photography: Bel Diniz
- Software used: Sketchup and Autocad
- Full name and date of birth of the project authors:
- Eduardo de Oliveira França – 29/10/1982
- Guilherme José Tetzl Rocha – 09/07/1987
- Leticia Oliveira Azevedo – 08/21/1981
- Owner: Uilton Roberto Rocha.
- Construction: Construction F2.
- Employees: Fernanda Boratto and Lorena Coscarelli.
- Total budget: R $ 3,872,423.25 / $ 965.089.93 / € 890,585.00.
- Cost / m²: R $ 2,562.00 / $ 638.50 / € 589.212.
- Total built area: 1.511,48m².
- Software used: Autocad and Sketch Up