Archive for the ‘McNeel’ Category
Friday, August 5th, 2011
Article source: X-Tu Architects
The problem : it had to be a place conveying the multiplicity in unity of the society in Reunion, a place where to awake a collective consciousness, a place for transversalities and exchanges, both an interactive laboratory and a place to live in.
Interior View (Image Courtesy PLATFORM)
- Architects: X-Tu Architects
- Project: Museum of civilizations
- Location: City of St-Paul, La Réunion island, France
- Client: Réunion Governement
- Designer/architect: Anouk LEGENDRE + Nicolas DESMAZIERES
- Team: Amelie Busin, Guillerme De Sa, Iliana Genova, Nicolas Jomain, Mathias Lukacs, Guillaume Mazars, and Joan Tarragon
- Software used: 3DSMax and Rhino
Friday, August 5th, 2011
Article source: Alan S Lu
SuperStadium is a proposal for an Olympic complex for Harbin’s bid for the 2022 Winter Olympics that seeks to integrate the multitude of Olympic arenas and villages into one continuous entity, allowing for a seamless transition between programs and events. With the economic burdens of hosting the Olympic games a key issue in the local and global economy, the proposal attempts to inject the current model of sporting arenas with a social and cultural initiative. Thus, the building itself becomes a series of typological layers, with the ground floor programmed as a cultural landscape with libraries, museums, convention halls, and screening rooms.
- Architect: Alan S Lu
- Name of Project: SuperStadium
- Location: Harbin, China
- Software used: Rhino, Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Digital Project
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011
Article source: Hollwich Kushner
This gut-renovated apartment is meant to function as an escape from the clents’ ordinary life that is filled with collections and objects. They are an empty-nest couple, with a big home in the suburbs and a self-declared ‘tchatchki‘ addiction. A renovation of the existing 2,500sf apartment clears out the center space to visually link the dining room and living room together. The palette of the apartment is kept simple with white walls and dark floors in order to retain a purity of space.
Image Courtesy Michael Moran
- Architects: Hollwich Kushner
- Project: 980 5th Avenue
- Location: 980 5th Avenue, New York, USA
- Scope: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Construction Administration
- Project Team: Marc Kushner, Matthias Hollwich, Marc Perrotta, Parker Lee, Chris Barley, Terri Chiao
- Photographer: Michael Moran
- Completion: Fall 2008
- Software used: Rhino, Autocad, Adobe suite
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011
Article source: Jakob + MacFarlane
The Docks of Paris is a long, thin building built in concrete at the turn of the last century. It was a depot for goods brought up the Seine by barge, which were deposited, and then transferred to dray or train.
Image Courtesy Nicolas Borel
- Architects: Jakob + MacFarlane
- Project: Docks de paris
- Location: Paris, France
- Photographer: Nicolas Borel
- Software used: Autocad & Rhino
Sunday, July 31st, 2011
Article source: Hapsitus Architects
BLC Bank Beirut began a new departure in 2007 with a different administration, an impetus that gave rise to rapid growth and imposed the need for a new headquarters. The competition design brief required a building that would be a landmark in the urban texture of Beirut.
- Architects: Hapsitus Architects
- Project: BLC Headqurter
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
- Software used: AutoCad, Rhino and 3dsMax
ARUP London for structural studies.
ZEF London for sustainability and low energy studies
Saturday, July 30th, 2011
Article source: Simon Takasaki
The monument to the end of mining in the heap Duhamel / Germany is characterized by the special treatment of the history of the site and the end of the mining industry. The 30 m high walk-in sculpture holds the path of the history of the place and its use to its open, undefined future.
- Architect: Simon Takasaki
- Name of Project: EverRest
- Location: Germany
- Software used: Maya and Rhino
Friday, July 29th, 2011
Article source: Preston Scott Cohen
The Taiyuan Museum of Art works as a cluster of buildings unified by continuous and discontinuous promenades both inside and outside. The building responds to the urban parkscape in which it is set; visitors are encouraged to pass through the building while not entering into the museum itself. An exterior ramp threading through the building connects the heterogeneous hardscapes, lawns and sculpture gardens. The integration of building and landscape registers multiple scales of territory ranging from the enormity of the adjacent Fen River to the intimacy of the museum’s own particular spatial episodes.
- Architects: Preston Scott Cohen
- Project: Taiyuan Museum
- Location: Taiyuan, China
- Client: Taiyuan City Government
- Total Area: 32,500 m2
- Construction Budget: 6,500 RMB/m2
- Software used: Rhino was used to design the form and the facade manufacturers used Catia.
Friday, July 22nd, 2011
Article source: Visible Research Office
A new canopy for a student lounge at the California College of the Arts (CCA) hangs within a double-height space and functions as a light scope, spatial definer, and viewing portal. The minimum surface structure is made up of 546 unique HDPE panels linked to one another by over 4000 pop-rivets.
- Architect: Visible Research Office
- Name of Project: Aortic Arc
- Location: California, USA
- Software used: The panelized system was developed using the software program Generative Components and a customized Rhino script that turned raw data into a drawing file to drive a CNC milling machine that generated all the parts.
Wednesday, July 20th, 2011
Article source: Akant Tasarim & Restorasyon
A new library building is desired to be built in addition to RAMI OLD MILITARY BARRACKS RESTORATION PROJECT WITH A NEW CITY MUSEUM FUNCTION which is included in ISTANBUL 2010 CULTURAL CAPITAL CITY OF EUROPE PROGRAMME.
The Rami Library brings a new perspective to the understanding of librarianship in national cultural community and is also totally open to international.
- Architect: Akant Tasarim & Restorasyon
- Name of Project: Istanbul Rami Library
- Location: Istanbul, Türkiye
- Firm Principal: Engin Binogul, Architect / Nergiz Binogul, Architect
- Project Designer/Manager: Baris Önal, Architect
- Structural Engineer: Irfan Saydar, Saytekno Ltd. Sti.
- Software used: Maya during the design process, Rhino 3D in the project development phase, ACAD to produce all drawings
Saturday, July 16th, 2011
Article source: Holm Architecture Office
The Pulsen Community Center unites an array of exiting facilities under one roof. With a combination of baths, fitness areas, doctor offices and a community gathering spaces the design creates a unique new building typology, which aims at promoting interaction and creativity for all the inhabitants of Balling.
Pulsen Community Center
- Architects: Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Pulsen Community Center
- Location: Balling, Denmark
- Architect Team: Holm Architecture Office, Niklas Thormark, Will Kempler and Tobias Lindqvist-Ottosson
- Software used: Mainly AutoCAD for all drafting; Sketch-up, Rhino and Photoshop for renderings and Illustrator for diagrams. Also do a series of sketch models to test out different schemes and concepts.