Archive for the ‘Rhino’ Category
Tuesday, August 19th, 2014
Article source: architectengroep ARCHIVIEW
The Infoversum is unique, not only because of its fluent design and the unusual techniques being used, the exploratory and inviting role it will play in the community also make it special.
Conveniently located near the centre of Groningen,the Infoversum cannot be overlooked. It is a building that makes one curious and that needs to be explored. Never before have so many different fields of expertise, goals and techniques successfully been combined in one design.
Image Courtesy © architectengroep ARCHIVIEW
- Architects: architectengroep ARCHIVIEW
- Project: Infoversum
- Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
- Software used: Rhino and Allplan
- Architect In Charge: Jack van der Palen
- Co-workers: Isabel Friederichs, Martin Runau.
- Use: Crossing border 3D dometheatre
- Site: public square
- Building area: size of the building
- Floor area ratio: 1380 m2
- Structure system: monocoque construction
- Seats: 265 multi-functional seats
- Standing places: 400 people
- Diameter dome: 23 m
- Diameter screen: 20 m
- Projectors: 8
- Speakers: 60 speakers and 4 subwoofers
- Instigator: Prof. dr. E.A. Valentijn
- Client: Stichting Infoversum, Groningen, The Netherlands
- 3D-steel: Central Industry Group, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Construction period: March 2013 –June 2014
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Article source: CEBRA
CEBRA has completed a public sports facility in the Danish town of Løgstør based on the office’s“Meccano concept” for unheated, low-cost and lightweight sports halls. The concept uses construction principles and elements otherwise known from industrial buildings and warehouses – that is standardised off-the-shelf components. The idea is that these simple elements can be refined and combined in new and surprising ways – just like the Meccano model construction system – in order to create architecturally appealing, accessibleand easily adaptable sports facilities, which are cheap to build and maintain. The concept has been developed in collaboration with LokaleogAnlægsfonden (the Danish Foundation for Culture and Sports Facilities).
Image Courtesy © CEBRA
- Architects: CEBRA
- Project: Løgstør sports hall
- Location: Løgstør, Denmark
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Project size: 1.400 m² new building
- Year: 2012 – 2014
- Status: Completed
Saturday, May 24th, 2014
Article source: Fougeron Architecture
400 Grove Street/Parcel H is a 33-unit market-rate development in the heart of Hayes Valley. This prominent site at the corner of Grove and Gough Streets is one of the parcels left vacant by the demolition of the Central Freeway, and is in a dynamic, urban San Francisco neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Fougeron Architecture
- Architects: Fougeron Architecture
- Project: Wavehouse (400 Grove)
- Location: Hayes Valley, San Francisco
- Software used: Rhino and AutoCad.
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten has been named the winner of the invited competition for Volt Berlin, a new concept for a location for shopping and urban experience near Berlin’s Alexanderplatz. The experience cluster is a fusion concept combining a multi-brand store, various experiential offerings, events, and a hotel, and is directed towards adventurous visitors with a focus on a smart urban lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Project: VOLT Berlin
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino, Maya.
- Competition Team: Christoph Emenlauer, Simon Kassner, Bart van den Hoven, Mehrdad Mashaie, Mael Kang, Paul Angelier, Julien Sarale
- Client: TKN Real Estate Solutions AG in cooperationwith Jochen Schweizer Projects AG
- Fire Security Consultant: KLW Ingenieure GmbH
- Structural Engineer: Knippers Helbig GmbH
- Building Service Engineer: Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- CostPlanning: Jablonka Sieber Partner Architekten
- Engineering Consultant, Escalatorsand Elevators: Lüsebrink Ingenieure VBI
- Total Floor Area: approx. 29.500 m2
- Retail Space: approx. 13.000 m2
- Gastronomy: approx. 2.000 m2
- Hotel: approx. 7.500 m2
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: URBAN OFFICE
Image Courtesy © URBAN OFFICE
- Architects: URBAN OFFICE
- Project: 9 storey residential building
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Software used: Rhino 3d, Autocad, 3ds Max
- Gross area: 3 792.85 sqm
- Site area: 921.60 sqm
- Design: 2005-2010
- Status: construction
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: MAT-TER Design + Build Studio
Topology of Resilience
On November 9, 2013 the devastating Typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines, causing more than 5,000 deaths and destroying the homes and cities of millions. Natural disasters due to climate change have become extremely commonplace all over the world. We can’t do much to stop them, but as architects we can help design and build stronger and more resilient buildings to withstand them. As part of a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) by OOAc in support of the Typhoon Haiyan victims, the objective of this project is to generate a design concept for a typhoon-resilient school to be implemented in the affected area of the Philippines, where sadly over 4,500 schools have been destroyed by the massive storm.
Image Courtesy © MAT-TER Design + Build Studio
- Architects: MAT-TER Design + Build Studio
- Project: Guiuan National High School
- Location: Guiuan, Philippines
- Software used: We used Rhino for the 3d modeling and line drawings, Adobe illustrator and Photoshop for the diagrams and graphics.
- Year: 2014
- Type: Educational/ Disaster Relief
- Designers: Christin To, Hugo Martinez
- Social and Feasibility Research/Development: Charles Dhinakaran, Javi Muriel Santurino
Friday, May 9th, 2014
Article source: Alessandro Isola
The Cut re-configures, it surprises! It recognises the kitchen as a practical yet central space, a place to grab-and-go, a place to congregate and chat, a place to relax and dine. It knows that each of these occasions present themselves daily in our fast modern lives.
Image Courtesy © Alessandro Isola
- Architects: Alessandro Isola
- Project: The Cut (kitchen)
- Software used: MicroStation and Rhino
Friday, May 9th, 2014
Article source: RAZORTOOTHDESIGN LLC
Custom design ceiling and free standing corner partitions define dance floor at Ocean wedding.
Dance floor dimensions: 30’x30’x 14’h
material: 1/8\” PVC with 1×1 aluminum supports.
Custom design partitions for buffet section at Ocean wedding.
Partition dimension: 24′ x 8′ x 4.75\”
material: 1/4\” PVC with 1×1 aluminum supports and floor plates.
Image Courtesy © RAZORTOOTHDESIGN LLC
- Architects: RAZORTOOTHDESIGN LLC
- Project: CC WEDDING, OCEAN
- Location: NJ, U.S.A
- Software used: All of our projects are modeled in RHINO and rendered in CINEMA4D.
Thursday, May 8th, 2014
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The Eliza Apartments by Tony Owen Partners has just been completed in Sydney. Designed to be Sydney’s most prestigious and progressive address. We sought a building to fit within the historic context of the area yet was an unmistakeably contemporary and challenging design, combining classic 20th century style with parametric design tools to create a sustainable iconic CBD landmark.
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: Eliza Apartments
- Location: Sydney
- Software used: Maya, Rhino, Autocad, Digital Project
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
Article source: h2o architectes
The EPF Normandie and the commune of Pont-Audemer wanted to convert the industrial site of an ancient paper factory into offices/workshops for different companies.
The ancient paper factory is a symbol of an important part of the local working class memory. The architectural conversion suggested by the agency had three principle axis of development.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects: h2o architectes
- Project: Business incubator, Training centre
- Photography: Stéphane Chalmeau, Julien Attard
- Software used: Rhino
- Mission: In charge of studies and construction site
- Surface: 1500 m², 2500 m² exterior
- Construction cos: 2 800 000 euros HT
- Date: Delivered December 2013
- Team: h2o architectes (lead architect) with M. Virtz quantity surveyor, Louis Choulet Mechanical and Sustainability Engineers BMI, Structure Engineers, France Aires Exterior infrastructure Engineers