Archive for the ‘Rhino’ Category
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
Article source: ENOTA Architects
The Podčetrtek Traffic Circle is built on a regional road located between the municipal sports hall with open-air sports grounds on one side and a spa centre with numerous swimming pools and hotels on the other side. It is primarily intended to slow down the traffic in this consequently very busy area as the main accesses to both complexes also connect to the traffic circle. The design of the roundabout’s central island thus references the appearance of both facilities and marks the entrance points to the destinations of the visitors to either of the programme centers.
Image Courtesy Miran Kambič
- Architects: ENOTA Architects
- Project: Podčetrtek Traffic Circle
- Location: Podčetrtek, Slovenia
- Photography: Miran Kambič
- Type: Commission
- Year: 2012
- Status: Completed 2012
- Size: 380 m2
- Budget: 33.000 EUR
- Client Terme Olimia
- Project team: Dean Lah, Milan Tomac, Alja Černe, Tjaž Bauer
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhino-grasshopper
Tuesday, February 5th, 2013
Article source: CEBRA
One of Grundfos Dormitory’s remarkable characteristics is providing student housings in the heart of Aarhus’ new harbour front development – that is, a low cost residential building on a very attractive site. Like many other industrial harbor fronts, the former container port of Aarhus is being transformed into a dynamic new neighborhood. Grundfos Dormitory is one of the first finished projects in the area that on completion will be home to 7,000 inhabitants and provide 12,000 workplaces. Its total site area amounts to 800,000 m2 making this development one of Europe’s largest harbor front city developments.
Image Courtesy Mikkel Frost
- Architects: CEBRA
- Project: Grundfos Dormitory
- Location: Grethe Løchtes Gade, Aarhus, DK
- Commission: Private
- Type: Turnkey contract
- Category: Residential
- Client: Engineering College of Aarhus
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinoceros, VRay for Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Tuesday, January 29th, 2013
Article source: RA Architectural & Design Studio
The new Eco-resort of Parque de Pedras Salgadas, Portugal, consists of a set of seven small houses in perfect harmony with the surrounding outstanding nature.
Designed in a modular prefabrication system but flexible to adapt to the specific places within the park, these houses result in several different combinations of the same three modules (entrance/bathing – living – sleeping) creating different morphologies and different dialogues with the surrounding nature, wisely occupying the empty spaces between the trunksof large trees and, at the same time, allowing each home to be unique, special and worth visiting.
Image Courtesy FG + SG
- Architects: RA Architectural & Design Studio
- Project: Pedras Salgadas Eco-Resort
- Location: Pedras Salgadas, Portugal
- Architects: Luís Rebelo de Andrade & Diogo Aguiar
- Collaborators: Madalena Rebelo de Andrade, Raquel Jorge, João Jesus
- Project Area: 1 EcoHouse — 52,92 m2 \ 12 EcoHouse2 — 635,04 m2
- Client: UNICER
- Constructor: Modular System
- Photographs: FG + SG
- Software used: ArchiCAD & Rhino
Sunday, January 27th, 2013
Article source: NL Architects
Qube is a commission for an office building in Amsterdam. Qube is part of a development called IJpunt by G&S Vastgoed. IJpunt will consist of four blocks designed by Claus en Kaan, Dedato, MVSA and NL A.
The site is truly unique: the most western corner of the Minervahaven, overlooking the Mercuriushaven and the river IJ. Well connected to both the city center as the rest of the world, both by car, public transport and bike.
Image Courtesy NL Architects
- Architects: NL Architects
- Project: Qube
- Location: IJpunt, Minervahaven, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nl Architects: Pieter Bannenberg, Walter Van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Team: Arne Van Wees With: Giulia Pastore, Gen Yamamoto, Gert Jan Machiels
- Qube: Office Building, Ijpunt,Minervahaven, Amsterdam 2012 – 201?
- Client: G&S Vastgoed
- Size: Gross Floor Area 6560m², Net Floor Area 5940m², Plot 2430m²
- Structural Engineers: Van Der Vorm
- Installations: Wichers & Dreef
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino 3D, 3dS Max, Adobe Illustrator
Friday, January 18th, 2013
Article source: Mikou Design Studio
This new building is a remarkable amenity in the city centre, visible by its façades and its roof, a founding element of the project. We designed it to be both welcoming and protective, turned inwards towards inner courtyards to ensure privacy.
Building’s aerial view : Image Courtesy Florian Kleinfenn
- Architects: Mikou Design Studio
- Project: Bobigny School Complex
- Location: Bobigny, Paris, France
- Program: Pre-school, Primary School, Sports And Recreation Center, Library
- Client: City of Bobigny
- Surface: 5 000 m²
- Date: Completion septembre 2012
- Photo Credits: Florian Kleinfenn
- Software used: Autocad LT 2011, Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: Brooks + Scarpa with KZF Design Studio
Brooks + Scarpa and KZF Design Studio have released their proposal for the new Interfaith Chapel at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL The proposed 7000 square foot Interfaith Chapel is designed to be a special place where students and others can slow down their lives, re-focus on their spiritual needs and reflect. At the same time, the Chapel will support a variety of diverse religious services, student ceremonies, weddings, other intimate events, lectures, meditative practices and musical performances.
Image Courtesy Brooks + Scarpa with KZF Design Studio
- Architects: Brooks + Scarpa with KZF Design Studio
- Project: Interfaith Chapel at the University of North Florida
- Location: Florida, U.S.A.
- Software used: Rhino, Photoshop and AutoCAD
Saturday, January 12th, 2013
Article source: Studio North
Camp at Cabot Beach is designed to address the needs of children between the ages of 8-17 who are living in families that have been affected by chronic illness or disability. The camp was established 5 years ago and runs for 3 weeks every August. In 2009 they needed new facilities.
Frontview : Image Courtesy © Matthew Kennedy
- Architects: Studio North
- Project: Camp at Cabot Beach
- Location: Malpeque, Prince Edward Island
- Photography: Matthew Kennedy
- Collaborators: Clayton Blackman, Andrew Choptiany, Sam Lock
- Area: 3,900sq.ft.
- Completed: 2009
- Software used: Designed the camp by hand, drawings and modeling using rhino; also used illustrator for diagrams and lineweights.
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013
Article source: OFL Architecture
The project stems from the idea of creating a perfect synergy between architecture, nature and social technologies Jardimpu (Arduino and Paraimpu).
The name “St. Horto” is a pun, between Italian and English language. The two words “Horto” and “St” give at the same time the idea of a sacred, intimate garden and of something crooked, apparently disordered but full of life, just like a plant. Together they represent the irregular geometry (crooked or oblique) but highly controlled architectural design of the garden.
Image Courtesy OFL Architecture
- Architects: OFL Architecture
- Project: St. Horto
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Architecture and Landscape Design: OFL Architecture (Francesco Lipari, Vanessa Todaro, Federico Giacomarra)
- Team: Mitchell Joachim (Consultant for Sustainability), Alberto Serra (Technology Strategies), Nicola Corona (Cultivation Cycle), DOF Engineers – Felice Allievi (Engineering)
- Client: Lanificio 159
- Area: 200 sqm
- Year: 2012
- Software used: Rhino, 3dS Max and V-ray
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
Article source: 0e1 Arquitetos
Brazilian firm 0e1 arquitetos have completed ‘apartment da atria’ located in porto alegre, brazil. situated in one of the oldest and most traditional streets of the city, this flat reflects the current revival movement happening to the historical district. even though the sidewalks of this area are meeting points for creative professionals and artists, the interior of the old blocks have been neglected, resulting in lifeless urban canyons.
Image Courtesy 0e1 Arquitetos
- Architects: 0e1 Arquitetos
- Project: Apartamento de Atriz
- Location: Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Architect or Designer: 0e1 Arquitetos
- Project Design Team: Ana Cristina Castagna, Anna Carolina Manfroi, Gabriel Giambastiani, Mário Guidoux, Pablo Resende
- Area: 72m²
- Photos: Marcelo Donadussi
- Design Period: 2011
- Completion Period: 2012
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhinoceros 5 and 3DS Max
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
Located in Los Angeles’s Hancock Park neighborhood, this scheme combines disparate elements to fulfill needs for private and public entertainment, with a unique phenomenological-based design solution between shelter, environment and user.
Image Courtesy Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Architects: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Project: Huec
- Location: Los Angeles
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, and Photoshop, Rhino and Illustrator for all presentation work