Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: PHL Architects
Harris Hotel Pontianak is strategically located in the center of Pontianak’s business and culinary districts which can be seen from three direction of the streets. The design is made compact to adjust to the site as it is not too big but enough to house a lot of programmes inside.
The owner had their businesses in restaurant and specialties store, therefore they would like to have their businesses be included in this new development. This project also contains of parking area, specialties store, restaurant, hotel, ballroom, meeting rooms, swimming pool and rooftop cafe.
Image Courtesy © PHL Architects
- Architects: PHL Architects
- Project: Harris Pontianak
- Location: Pontianak, Indonesia
- Client: PT. Tapaz Nusantara
- Principal Architect: Hendy Lim & Patrick Lim
- Other Architect/Designer: Lidwitianingrum; Almita Nandyawulan Tedja; Jorgie Aprilio
- M&E Engineer/s: PT. Meka Optima Consultant
- C&S Engineer/s: PT. Bentara Karya Mandiri
- Contractor: PT. Tata Mulia Nusantara
- Building Height (metres + storeys): 57 m (15 storeys)
- Gross Floor Area (m2): 13700 sqm
- Site Area (m2): 1577 sqm
- Completion Year: 2015
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
Our ambition was to rethink the concept of a boutique hotel and tropical architecture for the 21st century. Embracing the lush climate, but drawing attention inward, the bulbous design comprises a stack of interlocking rings producing a continual, rhythmic cycle of entertainment and relaxation through terraces, roof gardens, and hotel amenities. The experience moves from communal, recreational spaces in the central enclosure to a collection of bespoke guest rooms along the upper reaches of the building.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: Hue Hotel
- Location: Boracay, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, Adobe CS, 3dS Max
Monday, October 30th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
LIC Oyster seeks to address the imbalance of a high-rise residential boom amidst the steady retreat of manufacturing along the Queens Waterfront through a creative combination of density and openness, business synergy and ecological benefits that addresses the needs of both housing and industry.
Image Courtesy © CAZA
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: LIC Oyster
- Location: New York, USA
- Project Team: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura del Pino, Jun Deng, Valentina Meloni, Youngeun Jung
Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Article source: m12 AD
Dhermi, a quaint village in the south of Albania, halfway between the two nodal points of the national tourist flows, Valona and Saranda, will see in 2019 the birth of a new 5-star hotel, the Empire Resort Hotel, a modern structure that will add value to the hamlet, already famous for its green terraces and crystal clear waters.
Image Courtesy © m12 AD
- Architects: m12 AD
- Project: Empire Resort Hotel
- Location: Dhermi, Albania
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Friday, October 6th, 2017
Article source: FOS [Foundry of Space]
Conceptualised by the character of its setting and the need for more green areas in today’s urban living, Condolette Pixel Sathorn is the result of the harmonisation between urban lifestyle and secluded green environment albeit it is located in the heart of Sathorn, Bangkok’s most vibrant CBD.
Image Courtesy © Teerawat Winyarat
- Architects: FOS [Foundry of Space]
- Project: Condolette Pixel Sathorn
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Teerawat Winyarat
- Client: Pruksa Real Estate PCL.
- Design Team: Makakrai Jay Suthadarat, Rinchai Chaivaraporn, Widsara Suthadarat, Singha Ounsakul, Pakhon Promtha
- Structural Engineer: Pruksa Real Estate PCL.
- Mechanical Engineer: Mitr Consultants
- Site Area: 5,000 sqm.
- Gross Floor Area: 18,000 sqm.
- Year: 2015
Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Article source: Davidcervera
The palmar, is a project of a summer house, located in the Port of Chuburna Yucatan Mexico. With a very small program since it only has a room kitchen living area and swimming pool.just 90 scuare meters. As a first objective we thought to locate the house at the bottom of the land to the south side as in the adjacent houses (in the whole context) the houses are crisscrossed to the front and leave the backyard unused. In this case it was invested to leave to the front of the house the palm trees that were in the place. Also they are in the north air, better lighting ventilation and visuals. It is a simple scheme of 3 spaces looking to the north a semi-open terrace, a living area with kitchen that extends the space with an outside terrace that approximates to the palm trees and integrates with the piscine.y the bedroom a little more private to the east .
Image Courtesy © davidcervera
- Architects: Davidcervera
- Project: El Palmar
- Location: Yucatán, Mexico
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: Ronald Lu & Partners
A New Community Hub for Kwun Tong
The project aimed to transform this community recreation hub in a socially and environmentally sustainable manner to meet the demands of the growing Kwun Tong district population.
The redevelopment of the Kwun Tong Swimming Pool and Recreation Ground was conducted in two phases. Phase One consisted of a new five-pool complex, which included a FINA standard indoor pool with a 1,500-seat spectator stand for competitions and local events; while Phase Two saw the development of outdoor leisure facilities including an artificial turf soccer pitch with a 200-seat outdoor spectator stand, hard-paved soccer pitches, basketball and volleyball courts, an elderly fitness area, children’s play areas, a roller skating rink and a jogging trail.
Image Courtesy © Ronald Lu & Partners
- Architects: Ronald Lu & Partners
- Project: Redevelopment of Kwun Tong Swimming Pool Complex and Kwun Tong Recreation Ground
- Location: Kowloon, Hong Kong
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
Article source: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Identification on the part of some members of the Taller de Arquitectura with certain ideas of the Archigram movement, and enthusiasm for experimentation with geometry and its application possibilities to housing, are two factors given tangible form in Kafka’s Castle. This apartment building, on a hill overlooking the bay of Sitges, is fruit of the clustering of cubes around nuclei of vertical circulation. Each cube contains a minimalist environment: living-dining room or bathroom-bedroom, articulated on different levels. The color of the façades, chosen from a range of blues, expresses the intention to merge the building with its natural background, the sky.
Image Courtesy © RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: Urban Agency
With the opening of the Harbor Bath, the inner-city waterfront of Faaborg has finally opened for bathing and recreation / public activity. This new public space on the water adds a new dimension of re-creational activity to the beautiful South Funen Archipelago.
Image Courtesy © Urban Agency
- Architects: Urban Agency + JDS
- Project: Faaborg Harbour Bath
- Location: Faaborg, Denmark
- Photography: Mette Krull
- Client: Faaborg Municipality
- Engineers: Sloth Møller
- Site Supervisor: Creo arkitekter