Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Sunday, June 29th, 2014
Article source: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
This project was for the design of the common areas of the residential complex Skyview located in Colonia del Valle in Mexico City. The spaces are: lobby, gym, children area, SPA, swimming pool and general circulations. The result maintains the contemporary atmosphere of all the complex, but with special elements for each area to create the individual functionality of each one.
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Project: SKYVIEW RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX COMMON AREAS
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- Year: 2011
- Area: 660 m2
- Construction and site supervision: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Materials: Marble, wood, glass, stone, aluminum and steel
- Furniture: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea, Mobica
Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio 3LHD
Lone Outdoor Pools are located in a sheltered and naturally preserved Lone bay and they represent the natural continuation of Hotel Lone outdoor spaces, in the Zlatni Rt (Golden Cape) forest park.
The project includes three outdoor pools and an accompanying terrace with sun bathing terraces, swimming pool facilities, an open stage and a restaurant. The relax and aqua-fun pool are interconnected with a waterfall, the shallow children’s pool is separated. They have a total water area of 1054m2.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado
- Architects: Studio 3LHD
- Project: Lone Outdoor Pool
- Location: Rovinj, Croatia
- Photography: Joao Morgado
- Program: Public, leisure, hospitality, tourism
- Status: Completed
- Project start date: 10.01.2011
- Project end date: 15.02.2011
- Construction start date: 16.01.2012
- Construction end date: 31.05.2013
- Site (m2): 4675
- Size – pools (m2): 2473
- Size – restaurant (m2): 320
- Volume (m3): 2993
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Project management: Abilia d.o.o.
- Project team: Saša Begović, Marko Dabrović, Tatjana Grozdanić Begović, Silvije Novak, Paula Kukuljica, Eugen Popović, Leon Lazaneo, Dragana Šimić, Dijana Vandekar, Nevena Kuzmanić, Vibor Granić, Kristina Marković, Ida Ister
- Landscape design: Studio Kappo
- Software used: AutoCAD and ArchiCAD
Saturday, April 12th, 2014
Article source: Francisco Mangado
To provide the small rural sites of the area with sports facilities, the Provincial Government ofLa Coruñalaunched a series of architecture competitions, by which swimming pools and gymnasiums have been built in consecutive phases starting from a series of prototypes that each City Council could choose. Thought out as a generic solution for an area with no distinct features, the prototype selected by the municipalities of Oleiros, Melide, Fene and Pobra do Caramiñal indirectly points at the rain as the common aspect of the Galician landscape. A convex roof shaped as a large gutter is thereby proposed as the identifying feature of the project which, on the other hand, is marked by its compactness and capacity to adjust to different urban characteristics.
Image Courtesy © César San Millán
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: PROTOTYPE FOR INDOOR SWIMMING POOLS
- Location: LA CORUÑA, Spain
- Photography: Roland Halbe, César San Millán
- Total area: 2.100 m2 (cada piscina).
- Final cost: 1.081.821,00 € (each swimming pool)
- Date of project: Oleiros y Fene 1998, Melide 1999, Pobra do Caramiñal 2002
- Date of construction: Oleiros, 2001., Fene 2002., Melide 2002., Pobra do Caramiñal. En construcción.
- Client: Excma. Diputación de La Coruña., Servicio de Arquitectura (Fernando Cebrián – Arquitecto).
- Prizes: Prix IberFAD 2002: Finalist, Honorable Mention Prizes Construmat 2003.
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013
Article source: Mangor & Nagel ARKITEKTFIRMA
”The Cliff” is an indoor public swimming bath in the Danish region Stevns. The architecture of the building is inspired by the cliffs of Stevns, Northern Europe’s most important geological locality. It is based on the transition between the landscape and the village, and the building rises steadily and proudly from the landscape in the east towards the buildings in the west. At the top end of the sloped roof, the white wall abruptly finishes the sculpture, and the furrowed front of the building and the window openings together illustrate how the facade is inspired by the chalk layers of the natural cliffs. A cut in the facade opens up the building to the landscape and allows the light to flood into it, while the white plaster facade fits the local white washed buildings.
Image Courtesy © Tom Jersøe
- Architects: Mangor & Nagel ARKITEKTFIRMA
- Project: The Cliff
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Tom Jersøe
- Building project: Indoor public swimming bath in Stevns, Denmark
- Area: 2000 sqm
- Year: 2012
- Project type: Competition
- Client: Stevns Municipality
- Engineering: Alectia
- Water treatment: TeknologiskInstitut
- Building contractor: MT Højgaard A/S
Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
Article source: DOS Architects
This project, completed in early 2013, is our Competition winning proposal for the Olympic Swimming Pool Arena in Erbil, Kurdistan. The project represents a continuation in our on-going exploration of formal and programmatic variations, which started with our design for the Eternity Tower in Dubai and continues throughout much of our work, most recently with the Catholic Church of the Transfiguration, in Lagos.
Image courtesy DOS Architects
- Architects: DOS Architects
- Project: Olympic Swimming Pool
- Location: Erbil, Kurdistan
- Client: Erbil Ministry of public works
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
Located in Los Angeles’s Hancock Park neighborhood, this scheme combines disparate elements to fulfill needs for private and public entertainment, with a unique phenomenological-based design solution between shelter, environment and user.
Image Courtesy Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Architects: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Project: Huec
- Location: Los Angeles
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, and Photoshop, Rhino and Illustrator for all presentation work
Saturday, December 8th, 2012
Article source: ZA Architects
We have performed preliminary design and working drawings for a private bathhouse, located on a private piece of land not far Kiev.
The shape of the object was suggested by its location in the corner of the plot and by the design assignment which also included the creation of a long swimming pool and a spacious place for relaxation.
Image Courtesy ZA Architects
- Architects: ZA Architects
- Project: A Diamond-Shaped Bathhouse
- Location: Romankiv, Kiev region, Ukraine
- Client: Private
- Function: Bath and Swimming pool
- Program: 101 square meters. m
- Architect: Dmitry Zhuikov
- 3D visualization:Dmitry Zhuikov
- Year: 2010
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Article source: MHM architects
The indoor and outdoor swimming pool facility “Drautalperle” is located in Spittal/Drau in northern part of the Austrian region of Carinthia, one of the most beautiful fluvial topographies in the Alps.
Therefore the central topic of the design was the fusion between inside room and outside landscape, what has been maintained by placing big windows resembling oxygen bubbles in water. By this means it was possible to break up the usually rigid partition between indoor and outdoor spaces.
Image Courtesy © Paul Ott photografiert
- Architects: MHM architects
- Project: Drautal perle
- Location: 9800 Spittal/Drau, Austria
- Photography: Paul Ott (©Paul Ott photografiert), Hertha Hurnaus (©Hertha Hurnaus)
- Competition & planning: 2006
- Built: from 2007 to 2008
- General design & planning: by MHM architects, Vienna Matthias Molzbichler, Sebastian Haselsteiner, Florian Molzbichler
- General Contractor: STRABAG AG Spittal/Drau
Thursday, July 26th, 2012
Article source: Architekti D.R.N.H.
Both the architectural and site designs strictly respect the project purpose and the site green context characterised by the touch of a considerable morphological promontory featuring grown trees, shrubs and grass-covered areas sloping down from the Černá Hora massif to the town. The overall volume of the hall is reduced as much as possible by fragmenting into several structural modules softly modelled into organic curved lines so that the shell of the building is visually linked to the Černá Hora slope. The grass-covered areas smoothly merge into the metal-sheet-covered roof. Different volume modules of the hall meet in a shared rounded top from which they continue sloping down in the form of a shed roof towards the west border of the site. The intervention of the structure is minimised especially from all sides visible from the town. The excavated soil has been reused for terrain modelling and rooftop fills reducing the hall operation and energy costs. The project has been designed on “landscape architecture” principles and meets all the parameters of an energy-saving building.
Image Courtesy Tomáš Malý
- Architects: Architekti D.R.N.H.
- Project: Indoor swimming pool
- Location: Litomyšl, Czech Republic
- Authors: Architekti DRNH / Antonín Novák, Petr Valenta, Radovan Smejkal, Radek Štefka /www.drnh.cz/
- Client: Město Litomyšl / City of Litomyšl /http://goo.gl/maps/TgaW/ (more…)
Friday, June 8th, 2012
Article source: Mikou Design Studio
Piscine du Fort was conceived as a praxis of lucidity, transparency and architectonic fluidity, where natural light defines the spatial experience. Programmatic elements are organised as sweeping curvilinear forms immersed within the spatial continuum of the project. The composition of elements simultaneously creates a porosity, allowing light to flood the interior, whilst delineatingseperate functions within the structure with strong individual identities.
Swimming Pool Feng Shui Solarium
- Architects: Mikou Design Studio
- Project: Swimming Pool Feng Shui Solarium
- Location: Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
- BET Structure : Intégrale 4
- BET piping : Choulet
- Economy : Sletec