Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Tuesday, September 22nd, 2015
Article source: CHYBIK+KRISTOF ARCHITECTS & URBAN DESIGNERS
Through the end of October, the Czech Republic, along with over 150 other counties of the world, is participating in the Expo 2015 in the northern Italian metropolis of Milan. Expo, far beyond being a venue to showcase progress and the latest discoveries in science and technology, also aims to contribute to solving current global problems and to strengthen international cooperation. The motto of the Milan Expo is: “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life”, referring to the need for balanced securing of quality sources of food and potable water for everyone on the planet. The Czech Republic chose water as the central theme of its exposition, since in the European Water Charter of 1968 it is stated that “water is indispensable to all forms of life” and its preservation “is the joint responsibility of states and all users”.
Image Courtesy © Simon Oberhofer
- Architects: CHYBIK+KRISTOF ARCHITECTS & URBAN DESIGNERS
- Project: Czech Pavilion at EXPO 2015
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: Simon Oberhofer, Lukas Pelech, Pavel Bartak
- Client: The Office of the Commissioner of participation of the Czech Republic at EXPO 2015
- Implementation: KOMA Modular s.r.o.
- Team: Ondrej Chybik, Michal Kristof, Krystof Foltyn, Pavel Hruza, Martin Kos, Vojtech Kouril, Veronika Mikulkova, Radim Musil
- Status: international public competition, 1st prize, completed
- Size: 3 200 m2
- Year: 2013-15
Thursday, September 3rd, 2015
Article source: Topos Atelier de Arquitectura, Lda
The building is located in an area of difficult geological, topographical and accessibility conditions. The choice of this location, near the city park, the outdoor swimming pools, the sports hall and schools, aims to create a center of educational activities capable of producing a momentum for the consolidation and upgrading of the urban environment of this part of the city. For the viability of the land, it was necessary to design a new route that by continuing the existing fabric, will fix part of the urban expansion around the existing core.
Image Courtesy © Topos Atelier de Arquitectura, Lda
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Article source: BCMF Arquitetos + MACh
Designed and built over just three months, the “Bar-Pool-Gallery” was planned for the Casa Cor MG 2014 as a kind of a hilltop belvedere. The site is located in the central area of a private weekend retreat development, a series of bungalows with hotel infrastructure scattered on a sloping mountain overlooking the stunning valleys of Nova Lima, 12 km away from the city of Belo Horizonte.
Landscape view from the pool deck, Image Courtesy © Gabriel Castro
- Architects: BCMF Arquitetos (Bruno Campos, Marcelo Fontes & Silvio Todeschi) + MACh (Fernando Maculan & Mariza Machado Coelho)
- Project: BAR-POOL-GALLERY
- Location: Nova Lima, MG (Brazil)
- Photography: Gabriel Castro, Jomar Bragança
- Team: Patrícia Bueno, Vanessa Couto, Pedro Pereira, Yi Wang, Mateus Lira & Marcela
- Client: Casa Cor MG
- Interiors (Bar): Ana Bahia
- Structure: Conceptus Projetos Estruturais (Sérgio Carvalho) & Antônio Victor (Piscina)
- Exhibit (Gallery): Mostra Pau Ferro Cultural (curated by Luciana Garcia Waisberg)
- Consultants: Ambiente Piscinas
- Surface area: Bar (125m2) / Swimming-Pool (340m2) / Gallery (110m2)
- Date: December 2014
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Element Suzhou Science and Technology Town opened its door to welcome international guests. This first Element hotel in Asia Pacific is well integrated into the green surrounding while maintaining its architectural presence.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Element Suzhou Science and Technology
- Location: Town Suzhou, China
- Project Design Director: Yu-chieh Chiang
- Client: Suzhou Science & Technology Town (SSTT)
- Gross floor area: 27,255 sq m
- Completion year: 2015
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: Idom/ACXT Architect
Athletic Club of Bilbao is one of the big clubs in European football and its previous stadium, over a hundred years old, was one of the legendary ones, popularly referred to as the cathedral of football.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: Idom/ACXT Architect
- Project: SAN MAMES STADIUM
- Location: Bilbao, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Main architect: César A. Azcárate Gómez (ACXT-IDOM)
- Project Director: Oscar Malo
- Deputy architect: Diego Rodríguez
- Project managers: Alexander Zeuss, Gontzal Martínez (more…)
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: act_romegialli
The client’s requirement was for a pavilion to be connected to the main historic house causing the least visual interference with the surrounding parkland. The pavilion was for an indoor pool, and some space for fitness, service and leisure in a climate controlled space.
Image Courtesy © Marcello Mariana
- Architects: act_romegialli
- Project: ROCCOLO’S SWIMMING POOL
- Location: Alta Brianza, Italy
- Photography: Marcello Mariana
- Design team: Gianmatteo Romegialli, Angela Maria Romegialli, Erika Gaggia
- Client: Private
- Landscape: Emanuele bortolotti – ag&p
- Typology: Pavillion with swimming pool and conservatory
- Completion of work: 2015 (more…)
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Article source: VenhoevenCS architecture+urbanism
Sports and recreation centre Nekkerpool (serving the province of Antwerp in Belgium) offers a range of indoor and outdoor activities, and the addition of a swimming pool to the programme will make the package even more complete. The architects challenge was to seize the opportunity to give the Nekker recreation centre as a whole a facelift, in addition to designing a modern and sustainable swimming pool. The site revolves around the new entrance area, where a pedestrian bridge makes the connection between the existing and new complex.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: VenhoevenCS architecture+urbanism
- Project: Nekkerpool
- Location: Nekkerspoel-Borcht, Mechelen, Belgium
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- Program: New construction of swimming pool complex to be added to existing sports complex with competition pool, instruction pool, special needs pool, gallery, dining facilities, playground and free-standing entrance pavilion. Complete renovation of existing dining (including some new construction) and kitchen areas. New construction of outdoor space including recreational water elements.
- Assignment: Construction management, PD, FD, specifications, working drawings, aesthetic management, main contracting, after-sales
- Client: Province of Antwerp, Infrastructure Department
- Team: Ton Venhoeven, Manfred Wansink, Maarten Bax, Jos-Willem van Oorschot, Gabriel Boutsema, Wouter de Haas, Niels Boswinkel, Eelco Bergman, Roland Herpel (more…)
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Article source: Germán del Sol
17 slate covered pools of natural hot springs waters that flow in plenty along a mountain stream, in the midst of the native forest of the Villarrica National Park in Chile’s southern Lake Country,450 miles south of Santiago.
Image Courtesy © Germán del Sol
- Architects: Germán del Sol
- Project: TERMAS GEOMETRICAS HOT SPRINGS COMPLEX
- Location: Coñaripe, Villarrica National Park, Km 16, road from Coñaripe to Palguín, Los Lagos Region, Chile
- Colaborators: José Luis Ibañez, Architect, Carlos Venegas, Architect, José Inostroza
- Structural Engineering: Fernando del Sol V
- Job Captain: Eliseo Barriga
- Surface Area: 2.290 sqm,Site Area: 4.700 sqm, Changing Rooms (17) 79 sqm, Bathrooms (4) 19 sqm, Quincho (meeting place) 60 sqm, Pools (17) 507 sqm, Wooden Paths 476 m long.
- Consultant: Sanitary Consultant, Francisco Cervantes.
- 1st Project Phase Dates: 2002 – 2004.
- 2nd Project Phase Dates: 2007 – 2009.
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio Stag
Kaleydo Hotel is a hospitality project located in Gili Trawangan island of Lombok, Indonesia. The client asked for a contemporary concept which considers the vernacular character of the area. Without being in so much resemblance of the aesthetics and style of Indonesian architecture, StudiSTAG started analyzing the vernacular in a function and usefulness guidance. A more contemporary approach reached by evaluating the ratios of the vernacular, rationalizing the Indonesian style and using the local techniques and materials.
Image Courtesy © Studio Stag
- Architects: Studio Stag
- Project: Kaleydo Hotel
- Location: Lombok, Indonesia
- Software used: 3dsmax and rhinoceros
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
Spanish firm A2arquitectos has created a new area, an extension of recreational activities and an entertainment for our young guests from the hotel Castell dels Hams.
Image Courtesy © A2arquitectos