Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Article source: BCMF Arquitetos + MACh
Designed and built over just three months, the “Bar-Pool-Gallery” was planned for the Casa Cor MG 2014 as a kind of a hilltop belvedere. The site is located in the central area of a private weekend retreat development, a series of bungalows with hotel infrastructure scattered on a sloping mountain overlooking the stunning valleys of Nova Lima, 12 km away from the city of Belo Horizonte.
Landscape view from the pool deck, Image Courtesy © Gabriel Castro
- Architects: BCMF Arquitetos (Bruno Campos, Marcelo Fontes & Silvio Todeschi) + MACh (Fernando Maculan & Mariza Machado Coelho)
- Project: BAR-POOL-GALLERY
- Location: Nova Lima, MG (Brazil)
- Photography: Gabriel Castro, Jomar Bragança
- Team: Patrícia Bueno, Vanessa Couto, Pedro Pereira, Yi Wang, Mateus Lira & Marcela
- Client: Casa Cor MG
- Interiors (Bar): Ana Bahia
- Structure: Conceptus Projetos Estruturais (Sérgio Carvalho) & Antônio Victor (Piscina)
- Exhibit (Gallery): Mostra Pau Ferro Cultural (curated by Luciana Garcia Waisberg)
- Consultants: Ambiente Piscinas
- Surface area: Bar (125m2) / Swimming-Pool (340m2) / Gallery (110m2)
- Date: December 2014
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Element Suzhou Science and Technology Town opened its door to welcome international guests. This first Element hotel in Asia Pacific is well integrated into the green surrounding while maintaining its architectural presence.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Element Suzhou Science and Technology
- Location: Town Suzhou, China
- Project Design Director: Yu-chieh Chiang
- Client: Suzhou Science & Technology Town (SSTT)
- Gross floor area: 27,255 sq m
- Completion year: 2015
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: Idom/ACXT Architect
Athletic Club of Bilbao is one of the big clubs in European football and its previous stadium, over a hundred years old, was one of the legendary ones, popularly referred to as the cathedral of football.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: Idom/ACXT Architect
- Project: SAN MAMES STADIUM
- Location: Bilbao, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Main architect: César A. Azcárate Gómez (ACXT-IDOM)
- Project Director: Oscar Malo
- Deputy architect: Diego Rodríguez
- Project managers: Alexander Zeuss, Gontzal Martínez (more…)
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: act_romegialli
The client’s requirement was for a pavilion to be connected to the main historic house causing the least visual interference with the surrounding parkland. The pavilion was for an indoor pool, and some space for fitness, service and leisure in a climate controlled space.
Image Courtesy © Marcello Mariana
- Architects: act_romegialli
- Project: ROCCOLO’S SWIMMING POOL
- Location: Alta Brianza, Italy
- Photography: Marcello Mariana
- Design team: Gianmatteo Romegialli, Angela Maria Romegialli, Erika Gaggia
- Client: Private
- Landscape: Emanuele bortolotti – ag&p
- Typology: Pavillion with swimming pool and conservatory
- Completion of work: 2015 (more…)
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Article source: VenhoevenCS architecture+urbanism
Sports and recreation centre Nekkerpool (serving the province of Antwerp in Belgium) offers a range of indoor and outdoor activities, and the addition of a swimming pool to the programme will make the package even more complete. The architects challenge was to seize the opportunity to give the Nekker recreation centre as a whole a facelift, in addition to designing a modern and sustainable swimming pool. The site revolves around the new entrance area, where a pedestrian bridge makes the connection between the existing and new complex.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: VenhoevenCS architecture+urbanism
- Project: Nekkerpool
- Location: Nekkerspoel-Borcht, Mechelen, Belgium
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- Program: New construction of swimming pool complex to be added to existing sports complex with competition pool, instruction pool, special needs pool, gallery, dining facilities, playground and free-standing entrance pavilion. Complete renovation of existing dining (including some new construction) and kitchen areas. New construction of outdoor space including recreational water elements.
- Assignment: Construction management, PD, FD, specifications, working drawings, aesthetic management, main contracting, after-sales
- Client: Province of Antwerp, Infrastructure Department
- Team: Ton Venhoeven, Manfred Wansink, Maarten Bax, Jos-Willem van Oorschot, Gabriel Boutsema, Wouter de Haas, Niels Boswinkel, Eelco Bergman, Roland Herpel (more…)
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Article source: Germán del Sol
17 slate covered pools of natural hot springs waters that flow in plenty along a mountain stream, in the midst of the native forest of the Villarrica National Park in Chile’s southern Lake Country,450 miles south of Santiago.
Image Courtesy © Germán del Sol
- Architects: Germán del Sol
- Project: TERMAS GEOMETRICAS HOT SPRINGS COMPLEX
- Location: Coñaripe, Villarrica National Park, Km 16, road from Coñaripe to Palguín, Los Lagos Region, Chile
- Colaborators: José Luis Ibañez, Architect, Carlos Venegas, Architect, José Inostroza
- Structural Engineering: Fernando del Sol V
- Job Captain: Eliseo Barriga
- Surface Area: 2.290 sqm,Site Area: 4.700 sqm, Changing Rooms (17) 79 sqm, Bathrooms (4) 19 sqm, Quincho (meeting place) 60 sqm, Pools (17) 507 sqm, Wooden Paths 476 m long.
- Consultant: Sanitary Consultant, Francisco Cervantes.
- 1st Project Phase Dates: 2002 – 2004.
- 2nd Project Phase Dates: 2007 – 2009.
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio Stag
Kaleydo Hotel is a hospitality project located in Gili Trawangan island of Lombok, Indonesia. The client asked for a contemporary concept which considers the vernacular character of the area. Without being in so much resemblance of the aesthetics and style of Indonesian architecture, StudiSTAG started analyzing the vernacular in a function and usefulness guidance. A more contemporary approach reached by evaluating the ratios of the vernacular, rationalizing the Indonesian style and using the local techniques and materials.
Image Courtesy © Studio Stag
- Architects: Studio Stag
- Project: Kaleydo Hotel
- Location: Lombok, Indonesia
- Software used: 3dsmax and rhinoceros
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
Spanish firm A2arquitectos has created a new area, an extension of recreational activities and an entertainment for our young guests from the hotel Castell dels Hams.
Image Courtesy © A2arquitectos
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The swimming pool of the neighborhood Kibitzenau in Strasbourg, which was first opened in 1965, has an Olympic pool with 8 lanes. Besides its function as a public swimming pool, it is used by the professional swimmers of the Alsace region and the local water polo team.
Image Courtesy © David Boureau
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: RESTRUCTURING AND EXTENSION OF A POOL OF Kibitzenau STRASBOURG
- Location: 1, rue de la Kibitzenau, STRASBOURG – Meinau
- Photography: David Boureau
- Client: Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg
- Team: Quadriplus Groupe (Engineering)
- Surface: 6 501 m²
- Cost: 21.5 M€excl.VAT
- Completion: July2014
Friday, October 10th, 2014
Article source: BASALT Arkitektar
Hofsos is a small fishing village in the northern part of Iceland. It consists of small scale traditional Icelandic houses from the early twenties. The small scale of the surrounding village has been an inspiration in the design process of the swimming pool.
The site of the pool is by the coast on the main street leading to the village. From the site there is a magnificent view towards the Atlantic Ocean where the island Drangey lies in the horizon. In the wintertime the distant lights from the village of Saudarkrokur can be seen on the opposite shore.
Image Courtesy © Guðmundur Benediktsson
- Architects: BASALT Arkitektar
- Project: Hofsos swimming pool
- Location: Hofsos, Iceland
- Photography: Rafn Sigurbjornsson, Gudmundur Benediktsson
- Design team: Sigridur Sigthorsdottir, Marcos Zotes, Rosa Dogg Thorsteinsdottir, Johann Hardarson
- Program: Swimming pool facilities
- Head Designer: BASALT Architects
- Partner in charge: Sigridur Sigthorsdottir
- Lighting design: Gudjon L. Sigurdsson
- Client: Private
- Construction date: 2010
- Area: 400m2