Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Article source: Studio Kalamar
The pool and spa complex is connected to the existing hotel via a communication axis comprising various public spaces, which leads along the new pools to the future hotel at the west edge of the site. On the south of the axis, the swimming pool hall contains indoor pools and adjoining saunas, the outdoor pools with the restaurant are located on the north side. Upper floor houses various healthcare and wellness programs.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Miran Kambič)
- Architect: Studio Kalamar – Andrej Kalamar
- Name of Project: Vivat Pool and Spa
- Location: Moravske toplice, Slovenia
- Structural Engineering: Statikon
- HVAC Engineering: Veling; Projektivni biro Murska Sobota; Makro 5 Investicije
- Photographs: Miran Kambič
Saturday, January 14th, 2012
Article source: heri&salli
The architecture office heri & salli from Vienna conceived a steel structure similar to a cocoon round a swimming pool in the garden of a private builder-owner in Austria. With mounted panels and interior constructions which are more or less depending on their function the parametric organized spatial element describes possibilities of a usable and experienceable surface.
Images Courtesy Paul ott
- Architect: heri&salli
- Name of Project: Landscape Fence
- Location: Austria
- Team: Lukas Allner, Monir Karimi
- Finished: Oktober 2011
- Structural Engineering: Bollinger-Grohmann-Schneider; Wien
- Metallbau: Metallbau Fischer; Klagenfurt
- Surface: SFK Tischler GmbH; Kirchham
- Images: © paul ott photografiert, heri&salli
- Software used: Rhino
Thursday, December 8th, 2011
Article source: KREINERarchitektur
When designing the new family bath in Gröbming the entire environment in terms of topography, sun history, perspectives, and existing buildings were analyzed.
The existing pool area is located on a hillside and has great visual links to the surrounding mountain peaks. To optimally exploit this situation and capture the sun’s rays, the sloping terrain will be completed by the placement of the building. The building blends seamlessly with the existing buildings and was provided with apitched roof. The arrangement of the swimming pool was also planned in relation to topography. Theslope shifted broad slide and the 3-meter-high diving platform developed from the ground.
Image Courtesy KREINERarchitektur
- Architects: KREINERarchitektur ZT GmbH
- Project: Panoramabad Gröbming
- Location: Gröbming, Austria
- Completion: 2010
- Photographs: KREINERarchitektur
Saturday, November 26th, 2011
Article source: DPA
This project is bound up with the reunification of the two Germany. It was related to the wish of a city, Berlin, then about to become the capital, to be nominated for the Olympic Games in the year 2000. From the first, there was a conjunction of the political ambitions of the Berlin Senate, an extremely strong desire for the redeployment and linking together of the two parts of the city, and a unifying project, the Olympic project, that enabled the planners to develop not only the setting up of a certain number of sporting facilities, but also a certain number of networks to serve these sporting facilities.
Image Courtesy Georges Fessy
- Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Project: Velodrome and Olympic Swimming Pool
- Location: Landsberger Allee, Berlin, Germany
- Client: City of Berlin, represented by OSB Sportstättenbauten GmbH
- Site area: 10 ha
- Built area: 53.780 m² (velodrome : 29.800 m², swiming pool : 23.980 m²)
- Built volume: 809.816 m³ (velodrome : 452.701 m³, swiming pool : 357.115 m³)
- Beginning of conceptual design: 1992
Friday, June 24th, 2011
Article source: Family and PlayLab in collaboration with Arup
EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH A POOL
+ Pool is the collaborative initiative of design studios Family and PlayLab to build a floating pool for everyone in the rivers of New York City. The project was launched with the ambition to improve the use of the city’s natural resources by providing a clean and safe way for the public to swim in New York’s waters. As both a public amenity and an ecological prototype, + Pool is a small but exciting precedent for environmental urbanism in the 21st Century.
- Architect: Family and PlayLab in collaboration with Arup
- Name of Project: + Pool
- Location: New York City, NY
Sunday, May 29th, 2011
Article source: a/LTA Architectes
We wished a fine approach of the site and program leading to the subtle marriage of a contemporary architecture in permanent dialogue with its ambient landscape.
Pays de la Roche aux Fées Swimming Pool
- Architects: a/LTA Architectes
- Project: Pays de la Roche aux Fées Swimming Pool
- Location: Janzé, France
- Client: Communauté de Communes PAys de la Roche aux Fées
- Date: restricted competion 2011
- Area: 2 120 m².
- Team: mandataire a_LTA (Le Trionnaire (x2) – Tassot – Le Chapelain) + Ouest-Structures + Ethis + Hernot + ABE
Saturday, May 28th, 2011
Article source: Paul+O Architects
Paul+O Architects have completed a dramatic contemporary brick pool house in the grounds of a Victorian country house in Buckinghamshire. The new 525 sq m building comprises a gym, playroom and a 15-metre swimming pool and features a link corridor to the main house.
- Architects: Paul+O Architects
- Project: Indoor Pool
- Location: Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Gross internal area: 525 sq m (Basement: 100 sq m, Ground: 380 sq m (inc.link building): 45 sq m)
- Project Architects: Paul Acland + Paulo Marto
Friday, April 15th, 2011
The building was developed as a result of the proposal submitted to a public competition called in 2004 by the City of Toro.
Municipal Indoor Swimming Pool - Exterior
- Project: Municipal indoor swimming pool in Toro, Zamora (Spain)
- Client : Toro City Council.
- Situation: Calle Bustamante s/n, 49800, Toro (Zamora). Spain.
- Competition, September 2004.
- Project, December 2005.
- Construction, October 2006 – December 2010.
- Architects & Construction managers: VIER ARQUITECTOS SLP (Antonio Raya, Cristóbal Crespo, Santiago Sánchez, Enrique Antelo).
- Collaborators: Pablo Vilares Calvete, Cristina De Vera Juárez y Ruth Varela Rodríguez, architects. José María Sastre Martín, rigger.
- Contractor: Valsan Construcciones y Contratas S.L. (since march 2009 – partial concrete structure). Ferrovial Agromán S.A. (from september 2009).
- Area: 2.441,00 m2.
- Photographer: Héctor Fernández Santos-Díez. http://santos-diez.com/
- Web: www.vier.es
- Address: C/ Santiago de la Iglesia, 5, bajo. 15004. A Coruña. Spain
- Telephone: (+34) 981 145 366
- Software used: AutoCAD, CYPE
Thursday, April 14th, 2011
The Aquatic Center is existing. The proposed project has 2 parts, a renovation, and an extension of the existing building.
Synthetically we recall:
- The current pool hall is facing South
- The access to the technical local is located on the North
- The green and mineral beaches are oriented to the South
Swimming Pool Ernée France
- Architects: a-LTA Architect
- Project: Swimming Pool
- Location: Ernée, France
- Client: Communauté de Communes de l’Ernée
- Date: restricted competion 2011
- Area: 1950 m².
- Team: mandataire a_LTA (Le Trionnaire (x2) – Tassot – Le Chapelain) + Ouest-Structures + Ethis + Hernot
Tuesday, March 29th, 2011
The main idea of the project is to create a place of sports and activities, where the qualities of the magnificent surrounding landscape will merge with the bourgeoning urban live of the town of Ulsteinvik.
The Urban Square Connecting to the Town Centre
- Architect: Lund+Slaatto Architects
- Location: Ulsteinvik, Norway
- Collaboration: Nils Tveit Architects
- Rank: 1st prize
- Subject: Sports facilities, swimming pool, library and youth club
- Surface: 14200m2
- Images: Lund+Slaatto Architects