Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio Stag
Kaleydo Hotel is a hospitality project located in Gili Trawangan island of Lombok, Indonesia. The client asked for a contemporary concept which considers the vernacular character of the area. Without being in so much resemblance of the aesthetics and style of Indonesian architecture, StudiSTAG started analyzing the vernacular in a function and usefulness guidance. A more contemporary approach reached by evaluating the ratios of the vernacular, rationalizing the Indonesian style and using the local techniques and materials.
Image Courtesy © Studio Stag
- Architects: Studio Stag
- Project: Kaleydo Hotel
- Location: Lombok, Indonesia
- Software used: 3dsmax and rhinoceros
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
Spanish firm A2arquitectos has created a new area, an extension of recreational activities and an entertainment for our young guests from the hotel Castell dels Hams.
Image Courtesy © A2arquitectos
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The swimming pool of the neighborhood Kibitzenau in Strasbourg, which was first opened in 1965, has an Olympic pool with 8 lanes. Besides its function as a public swimming pool, it is used by the professional swimmers of the Alsace region and the local water polo team.
Image Courtesy © David Boureau
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: RESTRUCTURING AND EXTENSION OF A POOL OF Kibitzenau STRASBOURG
- Location: 1, rue de la Kibitzenau, STRASBOURG – Meinau
- Photography: David Boureau
- Client: Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg
- Team: Quadriplus Groupe (Engineering)
- Surface: 6 501 m²
- Cost: 21.5 M€excl.VAT
- Completion: July2014
Friday, October 10th, 2014
Article source: BASALT Arkitektar
Hofsos is a small fishing village in the northern part of Iceland. It consists of small scale traditional Icelandic houses from the early twenties. The small scale of the surrounding village has been an inspiration in the design process of the swimming pool.
The site of the pool is by the coast on the main street leading to the village. From the site there is a magnificent view towards the Atlantic Ocean where the island Drangey lies in the horizon. In the wintertime the distant lights from the village of Saudarkrokur can be seen on the opposite shore.
Image Courtesy © Guðmundur Benediktsson
- Architects: BASALT Arkitektar
- Project: Hofsos swimming pool
- Location: Hofsos, Iceland
- Photography: Rafn Sigurbjornsson, Gudmundur Benediktsson
- Design team: Sigridur Sigthorsdottir, Marcos Zotes, Rosa Dogg Thorsteinsdottir, Johann Hardarson
- Program: Swimming pool facilities
- Head Designer: BASALT Architects
- Partner in charge: Sigridur Sigthorsdottir
- Lighting design: Gudjon L. Sigurdsson
- Client: Private
- Construction date: 2010
- Area: 400m2
Sunday, June 29th, 2014
Article source: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
This project was for the design of the common areas of the residential complex Skyview located in Colonia del Valle in Mexico City. The spaces are: lobby, gym, children area, SPA, swimming pool and general circulations. The result maintains the contemporary atmosphere of all the complex, but with special elements for each area to create the individual functionality of each one.
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Project: SKYVIEW RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX COMMON AREAS
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- Year: 2011
- Area: 660 m2
- Construction and site supervision: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Materials: Marble, wood, glass, stone, aluminum and steel
- Furniture: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea, Mobica
Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio 3LHD
Lone Outdoor Pools are located in a sheltered and naturally preserved Lone bay and they represent the natural continuation of Hotel Lone outdoor spaces, in the Zlatni Rt (Golden Cape) forest park.
The project includes three outdoor pools and an accompanying terrace with sun bathing terraces, swimming pool facilities, an open stage and a restaurant. The relax and aqua-fun pool are interconnected with a waterfall, the shallow children’s pool is separated. They have a total water area of 1054m2.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado
- Architects: Studio 3LHD
- Project: Lone Outdoor Pool
- Location: Rovinj, Croatia
- Photography: Joao Morgado
- Program: Public, leisure, hospitality, tourism
- Status: Completed
- Project start date: 10.01.2011
- Project end date: 15.02.2011
- Construction start date: 16.01.2012
- Construction end date: 31.05.2013
- Site (m2): 4675
- Size – pools (m2): 2473
- Size – restaurant (m2): 320
- Volume (m3): 2993
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Project management: Abilia d.o.o.
- Project team: Saša Begović, Marko Dabrović, Tatjana Grozdanić Begović, Silvije Novak, Paula Kukuljica, Eugen Popović, Leon Lazaneo, Dragana Šimić, Dijana Vandekar, Nevena Kuzmanić, Vibor Granić, Kristina Marković, Ida Ister
- Landscape design: Studio Kappo
- Software used: AutoCAD and ArchiCAD
Saturday, April 12th, 2014
Article source: Francisco Mangado
To provide the small rural sites of the area with sports facilities, the Provincial Government ofLa Coruñalaunched a series of architecture competitions, by which swimming pools and gymnasiums have been built in consecutive phases starting from a series of prototypes that each City Council could choose. Thought out as a generic solution for an area with no distinct features, the prototype selected by the municipalities of Oleiros, Melide, Fene and Pobra do Caramiñal indirectly points at the rain as the common aspect of the Galician landscape. A convex roof shaped as a large gutter is thereby proposed as the identifying feature of the project which, on the other hand, is marked by its compactness and capacity to adjust to different urban characteristics.
Image Courtesy © César San Millán
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: PROTOTYPE FOR INDOOR SWIMMING POOLS
- Location: LA CORUÑA, Spain
- Photography: Roland Halbe, César San Millán
- Total area: 2.100 m2 (cada piscina).
- Final cost: 1.081.821,00 € (each swimming pool)
- Date of project: Oleiros y Fene 1998, Melide 1999, Pobra do Caramiñal 2002
- Date of construction: Oleiros, 2001., Fene 2002., Melide 2002., Pobra do Caramiñal. En construcción.
- Client: Excma. Diputación de La Coruña., Servicio de Arquitectura (Fernando Cebrián – Arquitecto).
- Prizes: Prix IberFAD 2002: Finalist, Honorable Mention Prizes Construmat 2003.
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013
Article source: Mangor & Nagel ARKITEKTFIRMA
”The Cliff” is an indoor public swimming bath in the Danish region Stevns. The architecture of the building is inspired by the cliffs of Stevns, Northern Europe’s most important geological locality. It is based on the transition between the landscape and the village, and the building rises steadily and proudly from the landscape in the east towards the buildings in the west. At the top end of the sloped roof, the white wall abruptly finishes the sculpture, and the furrowed front of the building and the window openings together illustrate how the facade is inspired by the chalk layers of the natural cliffs. A cut in the facade opens up the building to the landscape and allows the light to flood into it, while the white plaster facade fits the local white washed buildings.
Image Courtesy © Tom Jersøe
- Architects: Mangor & Nagel ARKITEKTFIRMA
- Project: The Cliff
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Tom Jersøe
- Building project: Indoor public swimming bath in Stevns, Denmark
- Area: 2000 sqm
- Year: 2012
- Project type: Competition
- Client: Stevns Municipality
- Engineering: Alectia
- Water treatment: TeknologiskInstitut
- Building contractor: MT Højgaard A/S
Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
Article source: DOS Architects
This project, completed in early 2013, is our Competition winning proposal for the Olympic Swimming Pool Arena in Erbil, Kurdistan. The project represents a continuation in our on-going exploration of formal and programmatic variations, which started with our design for the Eternity Tower in Dubai and continues throughout much of our work, most recently with the Catholic Church of the Transfiguration, in Lagos.
Image courtesy DOS Architects
- Architects: DOS Architects
- Project: Olympic Swimming Pool
- Location: Erbil, Kurdistan
- Client: Erbil Ministry of public works
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
Located in Los Angeles’s Hancock Park neighborhood, this scheme combines disparate elements to fulfill needs for private and public entertainment, with a unique phenomenological-based design solution between shelter, environment and user.
Image Courtesy Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Architects: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Project: Huec
- Location: Los Angeles
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, and Photoshop, Rhino and Illustrator for all presentation work