Archive for the ‘Theater’ Category
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: CHIRAG N MULANI
Create space for public use as well as corporate use. Public gardens, restaurents, theatres and offices for professionals..all that in one combination of different environments gives something different feelings..
Image Courtesy © CHIRAG N MULANI
- Architects: CHIRAG N MULANI
- Project: URBAN INFILL
Thursday, February 20th, 2014
Article source: Daroca Arquitectos
The project for the New Theatre was presented clearly conditioned by space or venue chosen by the city for its construction. A third of the apple to occupy a former Cavalry Barracks, downed inside, kept its original military enclosure. An enclosure whose bricks carved in lime and oyster stone were considered to be preserved.
Image Courtesy © FERNANDO ALDA
- Architects: Daroca Arquitectos
- Project: New Theatre
- Location: PUERTO DE SANTA MARIA, CADIZ
- Photography: FERNANDO ALDA
- COLABORADORES: NICOLAS CARBAJAL BALLEL, RODRIGO CARBAJAL BALLEL
- SUPERFICIE: 5.446 M2
Friday, February 7th, 2014
Article source: ITHAKA – Architecture and design
This project is created within the framework of the International Architectural Competition Change the Face for Reconstruction of Cinema Pushkinsky in Moscow.
The goal of the contest:
Transformation of cinema image and its reorganization in accordance with new demands of society and within the new architectural and urban environment of Pushkin Square.
Image Courtesy © ITHAKA – Architecture and design
- Architects: ITHAKA – Architecture and design (Telemak ANANYAN, Mariam AYVAZYAN)
- Project: Reconstruction of “Pushkinsky” Cinema – dynamic facade
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- 3D modeling and visualization: David ANDREASYAN, Diana MARUTYAN
Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
Article source: Javier Terrados Architecture Studio
The always uncertain destiny of Andalusian industry has provided the old Hytasa company installations at Arahal with an honorable continuity in time. This large industrial enclave, triangle-shaped and next to the railway station, will be transformed into a civic citadel that will hold several cultural and sport facilities.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: Javier Terrados Architecture Studio
- Project: Municipal Theater
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Photography: Fernando Alda.
- CLIENT: Empresa Pública de Gestión de Espacios Culturales. Junta de Andalucía.
- COLLABORATORS: Luz Baco Castro, Rodrigo Morillo-Velarde Santos, Fernando Suárez Corchete.
- QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Víctor BaztánCascales.
- CONSTRUCTION COMPANY: Atil Cobra.
- PROJECT DATE: March 2003, October 2007
- CONSTRUCTION DATE: November 2009, May 2013
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014
Article source: Moment Factory
Moment Factory is helping Super Bowl Boulevard come alive with a spectacular multimedia show projected on the outdoor façade of Macy’s Herald Square on the evenings leading up to Super Bowl XLVIII. Following the success of multimedia shows Moment Factory created on Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia and the Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall, as well as their visuals for Madonna’s Halftime Show during Super Bowl XLVI, the company was approached by the NFL and world-renowned event organizers PPW to create Super Bowl Virtual Theater in the heart of New York City.
Image Courtesy © Moment Factory
- Event Organiser: Moment Factory
- Project: Super Bowl Virtual Theater
- Location: New York
- Software used: C4d, 3ds and fbx
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: Acconci Studio
A bowl that morphs into a dome that morphs back into a bowl… The bowl is a theater — the dome a café, restaurant – the warping of dome into bowl & vice versa makes a playground. Light glows up fromthe bleachers & down from the dome; water pours down the shell of the dome.
Image Courtesy © Elvira Klamminger
- Architects: Acconci Studio (V.A., Dario Nunez, Stephen Roe, Peter Dorsey, Thomas Siegl, Gia Wolff, Sergio Prego)
- Project: MUR ISLAND
- Location: Graz, Austria
- Photography: Harry Schiffer, Elvira Klamminger, Vito Acconci.
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects
As part of a team, schmidt hammer lassen architects has won the competition to design Vendsyssel Theatre and Experience Centre in Hjørring, Denmark. With this 4,200 square metre building, Hjørring gains a vibrant cultural hub in which to feature the city’s various cultural activities. The winning design was submitted by a team including schmidt hammer lassen architects, Arkitektfirmaet Finn Østergaard, Brix & Kamp, ALECTIA, Gade & Mortensen Akustik, AIX Arkitekter, Filippa Berglund scenography, and LIW Planning.
Image Courtesy © Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects
- Architects: Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects & Arkitektfirmaet Finn Østergaard A/S
- Project: Vendsyssel Theatre and Experience Centre
- Location: Hjørring, Denmark
- Client: Municipality of Hjørring Realdania
- Area: 4,200m²
- Construction sum: €16.5 million excl. VAT
- Competition: 2013, 1st prize in restricted competition
- Full-service consultant: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Engineer: Brix & Kamp A/S, ALECTIA A/S
- Landscape architect: LIW Planning Aps
- Other consultants: Gade & Mortensen Akustik A/S, AIX Arkitekter AB,Filippa Berglund, scenograf, arkitekt maa
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: UNStudio
The design for the Theatre Spijkenisse focuses on the placement and orientation of the building in the urban location, whilst simultaneously providing architectural solutions for programming needs and public access.
Traffic flows play an important role in the organisation of the building. Access routes to the theatre form an essential artery for the city, with the theatre providing a point of recognition for returning visitors and functioning as a visiting card for the city as a whole.
Image Courtesy © UNStudio
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Theatre Spijkenisse
- Location: The Netherlands
- Client: Municipality of Spijkenisse
- Building surface: 5800m2 gross, 4500m2 net
- Building volume: 42000m3
- Building site: 3600m2
- Programme: Theatre
- Status: Under construction
- Credits: Ben van Berkel, Caroline Bos, Gerard Loozekoot with Jacques van Wijk and Hans Kooij, Thomas Harms, Lars Nixdorff, Gustav Fagerstrom, Ramon van der Heijden Tatjana Gorbachewskaja, Jesca de Vries, Wesley Lanckriet, Maud van Hees, Benjamin Moore, Philipp Mecke and Daniela Hake
Sunday, December 15th, 2013
Article source: equipo olivares & Atelier 56S
The history of Parque San Francisco, the trace of this emblematic place, has a big importance in Puerto de la Cruz. His imprint is a part of each inhabitants memory and its spirit is both strong and lightweight in the same time. Its strength derives from the eventful history and lightness is connected with the elegance of the events held there in recent decades.
Image Courtesy © equipo olivares & Atelier 56S
- Architects: equipo olivares & Atelier 56S
- Project: PARQUE SAN FRANCISCO
- Location: Puerto de la Cruz, Spain
- Collaborators: JORGE DÍAZ, MAGDA STANISZEWSKA, ELENA MARTÍN, MIRIAM MARTÍN
- Year of Completion: 2013
Thursday, November 7th, 2013
Article source: Tim Lai Architect and Brad Steinmetz Stage Design
A fully-functioning theatre made entirely from locally-sourced re-usable or recyclable materials will go up in the grounds of the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama (RWCMD) in Cardiff this September as part of the first UK-hosted edition of World Stage Design.
Image Courtesy © Matthew Carbone